Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? (15726 Views)

Must Every Believer Speak In Tongues As An Evidence Of Having The Holy Spirit? / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Acehart: 9:11am On May 22, 2020
Maximus69:

Nice point!

I hope you find a group that's better than Jehovah's Witnesses in speaking in tongues with a useful purpose! Matthew 7:16-18 smiley

You should know my view by now. The speaking in “tongues” done in many churches today isn’t scriptural and is antiChrist.
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Acehart: 9:17am On May 22, 2020
Maximus69:

@bolded exposed your lack of wisdom! cheesy

An organization is fast moving across the face of the earth, catching people from different races and tongues, making them preachers and teachers, turning them away from using weapons to settle disputes, you yourself even acknowledged that "they are vast in the knowledge of the letters" because they can drive home their points anywhere you find them.

Then you concluded:-

they lack the spirit.

Please what else do you expect of those having the spirit if not the ability to do the will of God?

For your information, what God's word foretold about his worshipers during the endtime was clearly revealed to Isaiah and Micah! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

Jesus himself said "don't expect any spectacular signs (things that's extraordinary) because it will happen just as what you read about Jonah" Luke 11:29

Jonah never performed any sign yet the Ninevites accepted his message and acted on his words, but here you're expecting extra signs after being an eyewitness of all the good works JWs have achieved so far.

I pity your condition! cheesy

I am also on the same page with you when you said earlier that the gift of tongues has been discarded (not entirely) because it has almost all its purpose. Please be careful of friendly fires grin
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by meekhat: 9:55am On May 22, 2020
False teachers and influencers everywhere! The end Jesus Christ forearmed us is finally here!
Thank God I know the truth
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by MuttleyLaff: 9:56am On May 22, 2020
Myer:
You know how to beat around the bush.

The bone of contention here is simple.

The tongues we are exposed to nowadays, are not foreign languages but gibberish.

Pastors have found away to capitalise of the "unknown tongues" and indoctrinated believers to speak gibberish in the name of speaking in tongues.

Are you aware that some churches actually teach their members how to speak in tongues?

Please, show me where it was written in the bi le that the gift of speaking in tongues was taught?

Let's not kid ourselves, speaking in tongues might actually be real just like working of miracles might have been real but what we have today is a product of indoctrination and perversion.
=>(check) ✓ 11/10
It is not foreign to whoever is speaking the tongue. It is just sheer pretence and delusional make believe. Those that have the genuine gift of speaking an unlearned tongue/language are few and far in between, which incidentally, though still, a made available gift, actually has passed its "best-before" expiry date

Myer:
We can say the bible speaks of 2 types of tongues;

Known- for evangelism to unbelievers.
=>(check) ✓ 11/10

Myer:
Unknown tongues- for personal edification and edification of the church (believers)
=>(check) ✓ 5/10 got half mark for inserting "for personal edification". Would have scored it zero, if not because TGIF, lmao

Myer:
Honestly, can you state categorically that you have spoken in another language (tongue) to evangelise to an unbeliever?
=>(check) ✓ 11/10 Gbam!
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by MuttleyLaff: 10:09am On May 22, 2020
Acehart:
I am also on the same page with you when you said earlier that the gift of tongues has been discarded because it has achieved it aim. Please be careful of friendly fires grin
The albeit it has passed its best before date, the gift of speaking in tongues, as you presumed with all due respect my dear sire, has not being discarded. Please be careful how you stoke the flames of the fire.

It has achieved its primary audience targeted at. First to the lost sheep, now then, soon after the Gentiles. For the Judahite required a sign, a miracle et cetera (i.e. 1 Corinthians 1:22) Praise God. Alleluia.

1 Like

Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by MuttleyLaff: 10:13am On May 22, 2020
meekhat:
False teachers and influencers everywhere! The end Jesus Christ forearmed us is finally here!
Thank God I know the truth
What is the truth then because truth has different flavours and/or types.
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Acehart: 10:25am On May 22, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
The albeit it has passed its best before date, the gift of speaking in tongues, as you presumed with all due respect my dear sire, has not being discarded. Please be careful how you stoke the flames of the fire.

It has achieved its primary audience targeted at. First to the lost sheep, now then, soon after the Gentiles. For the Judahite required a sign, a miracle et cetera Praise God. Alleluis.

I like the bolden. It seems to be the best description for its present state. Advice taken.
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by MuttleyLaff: 10:42am On May 22, 2020
Acehart:
I like the bolden. It seems to be the best description for its present state. Advice taken.
In 1 Corinthians 12:8-11 and I Corinthians 12:28-30 "speaking in tongues" appears in the list of gifts and not abrogated, as in meaning, nowhere has it being specified "speaking in tongues" has been done away with or going to be done away bar 1 Corinthians 13:13, about faith, hope and love being the only thing that are eternal and remains forever

When the bible is properly studied, it becomes apparent that the three recorded occasions of "speaking in tongues" on each time the phenomenon was played was targeted at the lost sheep, at various and different levels. The first instance, was with the pilgrim Israelites returning to Jerusalem from all and sundry, for the yearly Passover festival. The second time, was with the present Jews, in the presence of the gentile Cornelius and the third and last time, was with the yet believing disciples of John the Baptist, who had then, never had the privilege of hearing the Gospel of the Messiah. The disciples of John admitted this truth and fact to Apostle Paul, that all they were privy to was just the Gospel of John the Baptist, and not that of the Messiah, hence Apostle Paul, rolled up his sleeves, got to work, they began speaking in tongues, which aside being a manifestation of the Spirit, equally served as a sign and miracle to change any unbelief festering. Praise God. Alleluia. The rest is history and there we have it, the three "best before" dates.

There is no "use-by" date hence the reason why the gift of speaking in tongues, is still made available and allowed to linger on
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Acehart: 10:44am On May 22, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

It has achieved its primary audience targeted at. First to the lost sheep, now then, soon after the Gentiles. For the Judahite required a sign, a miracle et cetera (i.e. 1 Corinthians 1:22) Praise God. Alleluia.

I had a discussion with a man a couple of years ago; we spoke about many things especially about 1 Corinthians 13:10. There was a friendly impasse. What do you think Paul meant, Muttleylaff?
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by MuttleyLaff: 10:53am On May 22, 2020
Acehart:
I had a discussion with a man a couple of years ago; we spoke about many things especially about 1 Corinthians 13:10. There was a friendly impasse. What do you think Paul meant, Muttleylaff?
"But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away."
- 1 Corinthians 13:10

Exactly in line with what I earlier hinted to above there about "... nowhere has it being specified "speaking in tongues" has been done away with or going to be done away, bar 1 Corinthians 13:13, about faith, hope and love being the only thing that are eternal and remains forever"

Them three, meaning faith, hope and love, should be the focus and concentration, where the greatest of the three is agape love and not some fixation on "speaking in tongues," something that is temporal. It is NOT eternal.

Apostle Paul's letters becomes a lethal minefield, especially if you aren't experienced or equipped enough, to safely walk through it or don't know how to put your feet in the right spot of ground, to not set off deadly explosions, lmao
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Acehart: 11:01am On May 22, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away."
- 1 Corinthians 13:10

Exactly in line with what I earlier hinted to above there about "... nowhere has it being specified "[i]speaking in tongues" has been done away with or going to be done away, bar 1 Corinthians 13:13, about faith, hope and love being the only thing that are eternal and remains forever[/i]"

Them three, meaning faith, hope and love, should be the focus and concentration, where the greatest of the three is agape love and not some fixation on "speaking in tongues," something that is temporal. It is eternal.

Apostle Paul's letters becomes a lethal minefield, especially if you aren't equipped to walk through it or don't know how to put your feet in the right spot of ground to not set off explosions, lmao

I understand, I’m seeing as you see. Could we know what Paul meant by “That which is perfect is come”?
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by MuttleyLaff: 11:03am On May 22, 2020
Acehart:
I understand, I’m seeing as you see. Could we know what Paul meant by “That which is perfect is come”?
Hope, faith and love, of which love is the greatest. These three are not contestable.
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Acehart: 11:10am On May 22, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Hope, faith and love, of which love is the greatest. These three are not contestable.

I have been in church for a while. Sometimes, it feels like no one cares whether you fellowship with them or not; we have a “soldier go, soldier come; barrack still remain” posture. This brings this question: “when will these three gifts come?” I ask with respect to ‘love’.
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Nobody: 11:35am On May 22, 2020
Acehart:

I am also on the same page with you when you said earlier that the gift of tongues has been discarded (not entirely) because it has almost all its purpose. Please be careful of friendly fires grin

I understood you very well!

It's the idea of one single Christian group that you can't cope with! cheesy
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by MuttleyLaff: 12:17pm On May 22, 2020
Acehart:
I have been in church for a while. Sometimes, it feels like no one cares whether you fellowship with them or not; we have a “soldier go, soldier come; barrack still remain” posture.
I am not sure which church you're referring to, because there is the ecclesia/ekklesia, the organic and there is organised/institutionalised church, lmao

That's beside the point, so I'll move on. As far I know, fellowshipping with one another has been to a considerable length being going on here on this thread. Of course, hope, faith and without a doubt, agape love, are the propelling influences that makes some be interlocutors on this thread and keep revisiting it.

Acehart:
This brings this question: “when will these three gifts come?” I ask with respect to ‘love’.
Now, the thing about you question, is, God is love and when God, in Genesis 1:26a said "Let us make man (i.e. mankind) in Our image, after Our likeness: ..."that exactly was the plan and/or objective. Hopping forward a little bit, Isaiah 55:11 says about God's word that: "So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it". The three gifts, hope and love, especially love Acehart, are already dispersed and the word of God, will not return back to God, until when they are perfected, lmao

Watch this now. Are you an artist, do you do life drawing or you're familiar with any sort of drawing, painting, portrait et cetera things like that. How does it start? It begins with sketches, lines, strokes et cetera with the brush or pencil, then gradually, slowly but surely, an actual image of object of the painting begins to appear, looking little by little more like what the object/subject of the painting looks like or a likeness seems to be appearing that convincingly to a good degree, looks like a passing representation of the object/subject of painting, lmao. I'll pause there without any intention of saying more, lmao, except for catch your mind back to Genesis 1:26a, and then after carefully reviewing Genesis 1:26a, to now compare and contrast it with Genesis 1:27a, lmao. What you do find odd between both of them Acehart? Whatever you correctly find odd or find as a difference, is the answer to your question, lmao. We have them Acehart, love included. Its only, we are just there having them, we don't, fully have hope, faith and love perfected or in their fulness yet.

This is still a construction site Acehart with WiP sign (work in progress) still hung up. Have you forgotten we build each other up ni, lmao, hmm?
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 22, 2020
Acehart:

I have been in church for a while. Sometimes, it feels like no one cares whether you fellowship with them or not; we have a “soldier go, soldier come; barrack still remain” posture. This brings this question: “when will these three gifts come?” I ask with respect to ‘love’.

Jesus taught his listeners so many things but his teachings began taking effect after Pentecost in the first century, back then the Apostles were struggling to establish what Jesus taught them in the face of fierce opposition.
They only managed to pen down the necessary information that will help honest hearted people living in the endtime continue with true Christianity.
Satan made sure that all the pioneers of Christianity were killed in the first century but Jesus miraculously preserved Apostle John because of the Bible book of Revelations.
After the completion of that Bible book Satan took over the whole earth and establish a pagan Roman religion known today as the Roman Catholic Church, this is the AntiChrist that reigned for almost two thousand years. They move about with heavy army, forcing their pagan religion down the throats of people.
So FAITH, HOPE and LOVE remain in the Bible without anyone having access to the three.
Until late 19th century when America declared FREEDOM of speech expression and worship, that's when honest hearted people began digging deep into the scriptures to unravel the secret behind the orthodox Churches!
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 22, 2020
By the beginning of the 20th century many groups have emerged in America working round the clock to find answers to series of questions.
It was then that Jesus returned in the spirit and crowned one group, but it wasn't obvious enough back then because there were thousands of different religious groups claiming Christians globally.
But today Jesus' group have stood out as unique globally!
Now it was clear that the group began with

FAITH~ Assured expectation of things hoped for the evident demonstration of realities even though not seen! Hebrew 11:1 The Bible students (as Jehovah's Witnesses were known back then) began making research on what was written in the Bible, having the HOPE that there must be something worth doing all they were doing back then.

Today there is nobody on the surface of this planet that can deny the fact that LOVE exists in the midst of Jehovah's Witnesses! John 13:34-35

So what Apostle Paul wrote down in the Bible book of 1Corinthians 13:13 is fulfilling in our own time!

The FAITH Jehovah's Witnesses had gave them HOPE that the Bible is trustworthy and it has built indisputable LOVE in the midst of God's people today! smiley
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by hoopernikao: 12:43pm On May 22, 2020
Myer:

Let's not kid ourselves, speaking in tongues might actually be real just like working of miracles might have been real but what we have today is a product of indoctrination and perversion.

We can say the bible speaks of 2 types of tongues;

Known- for evangelism to unbelievers.
Unknown tongues- for personal edification and edification of the church (believers)

Honestly, can you state categorically that you have spoken in another language (tongue) to evangelise to an unbeliever?

Chairman, longtime and i hope you are very well.

But you know i have had several times to straighten scriptures with you and you know my mode of communication and what i expect. You can imagine if we have Paul and Peter or another believer discussing scriptures today but never quote a single verse or never refer to any passage of the scriptures..

Well, just to remind you. I dont believer in personal narrations without proper scriptural explanation. Responding to a post that is full of scriptural explanation (even if you dont with what is said) with no single scriptures, scriptural text or context is not a good sign for you. This is what breed many nonchalant Christians all around who cant trace a scripture but can say a million words out of context, dont contribute to that. We will end up doing more evil if all we can give is personal opinion/experiences.
You can lay down scriptural explanation on your above queries to show you truly understand what you are saying and not just repeating a story heard.

How would you not refer to a single scripture on a bible thread but want to point out someone is wrong, not a good start. As i have told you severally, let the scriptures always be ready with you in any discussion, when you dont have it, then dont contribute yet.

I will hope to see a convincing defense of your theology on your claims above.

Secondly, always avoid referring to people, churches or using words like all Christians when you are defending your theology. I can only speak of the scriptures as the standard and you should do so too. Referring to "some" churches doing something the wrong way doesnt make the who concept wrong. Please let us focus on the scriptures only. I am not a supervisor of the body of Christ, hence i dont go around checking what other churches do. And avoid explaining or judging the scriptures with your experience.. That is can subtlety deny the integrity of the word.

Thirdly, just to set the pace of your thought. Kindly check when your usage of words. There is no where the scriptures referred to tongues as UNKNOWN, The word unknown tongues never occurred in the bible text. KJV played that on people's mind. The same way some translation want to play "DIFFERENT" tongues on people's mind in 1 Cor 14. Tongue is known relative to human spirit and a believer has a knowing spirit, note that as it is key. Those are terms that are never used to qualified tongues in the scriptures.
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by MuttleyLaff: 12:51pm On May 22, 2020
hooper\nikao:

But you know i have had several times to straighten scriptures with you and you know my mode of communication and what i expect. You can imagine if we have Paul and Peter or another believer discussing scriptures today but never quote a single verse or never refer to any passage of the scriptures..

Well, just to remind you. I dont believer in personal narrations without proper scriptural explanation. Responding to a post that is full of scriptural explanation (even if you dont with what is said) with no single scriptures, scriptural text or context is not a good sign for you. This is what breed many nonchalant Christians all around who cant trace a scripture but can say a million words out of context, dont contribute to that. We will end up doing more evil if all we can give is personal opinion/experiences.
You can lay down scriptural explanation on your above queries to show you truly understand what you are saying and not just repeating a story heard.

How would you not refer to a single scripture on a bible thread but want to point out someone is wrong, not a good start. As i have told you severally, let the scriptures always be ready with you in any discussion, when you dont have it, then dont contribute yet.

Secondly, always avoid referring to people, churches or using words like all Christians when you are defending your theology. I can only speak of the scriptures as the standard and you should do so too. Referring to "some" churches doing something the wrong way doesnt make the who concept wrong. Please let us focus on the scriptures only. I am not a supervisor of the body of Christ, hence i dont go around checking what other churches do. And avoid explaining or judging the scriptures with your experience.. That is can subtlety deny the integrity of the word.
[img]https://s5/images/ezgif-2-bb81ab7ea10d.gif[/img]

hooper\nikao:
Thirdly, just to set the pace of your thought. Kindly check when your usage of words. There is no where the scriptures referred to tongues as UNKNOWN, The word unknown tongues never occurred in the bible text. KJV played that on people's mind. The same way some translation want to play "DIFFERENT" tongues on people's mind in 1 Cor 14. Tongue is known relative to human spirit and a believer has a knowing spirit, note that as it is key. Those are terms that are never used to qualified tongues in the scriptures.
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
Be splitting hairs there, as usual.

"For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God:
for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries."
- 1 Corinthians 14:2 KJV

Seasoned bible readers know that KJV, in 1 Corinthians 14:2, had put "unknown" in italic, indicating the word is not in the original text, but it has been inserted for a good and valid reviewed reason. Which is what? Of course, so to be consistent with the school of thought that the gift of tongues was a gift of languages unlearned, hence it being construed on that basis as "unknown" or "foreign"

Someone please advise, whether 1 Corinthians 14:2, will make correct sense and understanding, if the "unknown" insertion isn't in there.

The bible right from Genesis 1:7 onwards have insertions that aren't in the original text, but are added for clarity and better understanding sake. Pftt. (i.e. Genesis 1:7, Genesis 1:9-12, Genesis 1:16, 18, 20-21, 25, 27 and 29-31 et cetera)
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Myer(m): 1:26pm On May 22, 2020
hoopernikao:

Once again you managed to beat around the bush without answering my the question.

Can you share with us that you have spoken in another tongue (foreign language) to evangelize to an unbeliever?

Answer that then, I will shed more light on how speaking in tongues has been perverted.

1 Like

Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by hoopernikao: 1:41pm On May 22, 2020
Myer:

Once again you managed to beat around the bush without answering my the question.

Can you share with us that you have spoken in another tongue (foreign language) to evangelize to an unbeliever?

Answer that then, I will shed more light on how speaking in tongues has been perverted.

Bros, a lot has been given on this thread. May be you are late. You may need to read from beginning again to understand my view and the thread line.

You should now be the one to present your view now if you have any without experience bias. You havent done anything on that yet. You quoted my explanation without single explanation. That again should let you know you are in position to explain yourself. You havent done any. I am sure it shouldnt be hard for you to provide your view scriptural. That is what i want to see.

Present your defense of the post you quoted, that is the ideal thing to do in discussion. You dont appear in court asking your opponent to be explaining again what he has done severally without you doing a single defense. So, get your seat right and type.
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Amujale(m): 1:51pm On May 22, 2020
No, you should pick up a history textbook and read.

Christianity is a fake and malicious ideology.
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Amujale(m): 1:54pm On May 22, 2020
Its pretty simple, we MUST bin all these foreign extremist religions and focus our concentration on reality, African history.
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by hoopernikao: 1:56pm On May 22, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s5/images/ezgif-2-bb81ab7ea10d.gif[/img]
Someone please advise, whether 1 Corinthians 14:2, will make correct sense and understanding, if the "unknown" insertion isn't in there.

The bible right from Genesis 1:7 onwards have insertions that aren't in the original text, but are added for clarity and better understanding sake. Pftt. (i.e. Genesis 1:7, Genesis 1:9-12, Genesis 1:16, 18, 20-21, 25, 27 and 29-31 et cetera)

Of course, mentioning tongues without saying unknown cant be sensible to you as you said. It is obvious looking at your thought, you wouldnt mind adding any word to the verse to drive your point. When you cant stay to read the bible firstly without another man's thought (italics), then there is a lot hanging.

Over 100 translations that stay put to take the word as "tongue" based on Original and not "unknown tongue" dont carry the true meaning. Sometimes i wonder if you check things you write.

Sadly also, that even in your wrong line of thought that tongue is foreign human language (that means it is known), that is enough for you to know that your interpretation already pointed to the fact that it isnt unknown if known in another location and the unknown is relative to location.

You must learn to read the scriptures and take it as it is than trying to wrestle your thought in as you have shown all through your words in this thread. Assuming for the bible, extra-biblical explanation and experiences without scriptural judgment.
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Acehart: 2:03pm On May 22, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
I am not sure which church you're referring to, because there is the ecclesia/ekklesia, the organic and there is organised/institutionalised church, lmao

That's beside the point, so I'll move on. As far I know, fellowshipping with one another has been to a considerable length being going on here on this thread. Of course, hope, faith and without a doubt, agape love, are the propelling influences that makes some be interlocutors on this thread and keep revisiting it.

Now, the thing about you question, is, God is love and when God, in Genesis 1:26a said "Let us make man (i.e. mankind) in Our image, after Our likeness: ..."that exactly was the plan and/or objective. Hopping forward a little bit, Isaiah 55:11 says about God's word that: "So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it". The three gifts, hope and love, especially love Acehart, are already dispersed and the word of God, will not return back to God, until when they are perfected, lmao

Watch this now. Are you an artist, do you do life drawing or you're familiar with any sort of drawing, painting, portrait et cetera things like that. How does it start? It begins with sketches, lines, strokes et cetera with the brush or pencil, then gradually, slowly but surely, an actual image of object of the painting begins to appear, looking little by little more like what the object/subject of the painting looks like or a likeness seems to be appearing that convincingly to a good degree, looks like a passing representation of the object/subject of painting, lmao. I'll pause there without any intention of saying more, lmao, except for catch your mind back to Genesis 1:26a, and then after carefully reviewing Genesis 1:26a, to now compare and contrast it with Genesis 1:27a, lmao. What you do find odd between both of them Acehart? Whatever you correctly find odd or find as a difference, is the answer to your question, lmao. We have them Acehart, love included. Its only, we are just there having them, we don't, fully have hope, faith and love perfected or in their fulness yet.

This is still a construction site Acehart with WiP sign (work in progress) still hung up. Have you forgotten we build each other up ni, lmao, hmm?

Muttleylaff, Let us look back at 1 Corinthians 13:12: “For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.” Paul acknowledged that he had not received all of the information God wanted him to have and give to us. Later, the Apostle wrote in 2 Corinthians 12:1: “I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.” Years afterward, Paul wrote his epistles—Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, Philemon, and 2 Timothy—and they were the full revelation of God for this the Dispensation of Grace.

Didn’t Paul write in Colossians 1:25-26 that one of his divinely-ordained roles was to complete God’s Word?:

Colossians 1:25-26: Of this church I was made a minister according to the stewardship from God bestowed on me for your benefit, so that I might fully carry out the preaching of the word of God, that is, the mystery which has been hidden from the past ages and generations, but has now been manifested to His saints,

Later, Ephesians 3:1-4 explains:

For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles- if indeed you have heard of the stewardship of God's grace which was given to me for you; that by revelation there was made known to me the mystery, as I wrote before in brief. By referring to this, when you read you can understand my insight into the mystery of Christ

Aren’t we learning the knowledge God revealed first to Paul, by reading his epistles of Romans through Philemon?

If we say that Faith, Hope and Love are on the way, how come Paul says that hope is established in the New Testament (2 Corinthians 3)? How come Hebrews refers to Faith as substance of things hoped for (futuristic expression) and the evidence of things not seen (retrospective expression); of which the Faith the writer referred to is Christ, the author and finisher of Faith? Didn’t the scriptures say, “the testimony of Christ is the spirit of prophecy”? Then Paul’s prophecy concerning the “Perfect is coming” could well be the “Testimony of Christ”, the written gospel.
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Acehart: 2:04pm On May 22, 2020
Amujale:
No, you should pick up a history textbook and read.

Christianity is a fake and malicious ideology.

Okay. Thanks. I’ll think of your advice.

2 Likes

Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by MuttleyLaff: 2:22pm On May 22, 2020
hoopernikao:
Of course, mentioning tongues without saying unknown cant be sensible to you as you said. It is obvious looking at your thought, you wouldnt mind adding any word to the verse to drive your point. When you cant stay to read the bible firstly without another man's thought (italics), then there is a lot hanging
Let's try with an interlinear shall we, and starting with these following examples Genesis 1:7, 9-12, 16, 18, 20-21, 25, 27 and 29-31. Let read them one after the other was written and/or seen in the original text render. Paste them out here one after the other, lets review them together

hoopernikao:
Over 100 translations that stay put to take the word as "tongue" based on Original and not "unknown tongue" dont carry the true meaning. Sometimes i wonder if you check things you write.

The Use of Italics in the King James Bible
... Clearly, the words in italics were not miraculously given to the translators by God as additional inspiration the same way He did as recorded in 2 Peter 1:21, “holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.”

Neither are the italics there to add emphasis. The words in italics in the King James Bible are words that were added by the translators to help the reader better understand the intent of the passage translated from the original languages

https://kjbrc.org/the-use-of-italics-in-the-king-james-bible/

I just wish you pull out your head from way up inside where the sun don't shine you have it buried in. Smh.

hoopernikao:
Sadly also, that even in your wrong line of thought that tongue is foreign human language (that means it is known), that is enough for you to know that your interpretation already pointed to the fact that it isnt unknown if known in another location and the unknown is relative to location.
For the mere find I don't speak German. I don't think Igbo. I don't speak French, I don't speak et cetera, if you now try to converse with me in any of those languages, I'll probably politely tell you "non comprehende" It is "foreign" to me. I don't understand, please speak to me in a language that's not foreign to me. I know about German, French et cetera, but since I don't speak, they are foreign to me.

Funnily enough "foreign," in English, has meanings, similar to unfamiliar, unknown, unheard of, strange, alien, exotic, outlandish, odd, peculiar, curious, bizarre, weird, queer, funny, novel or new, lmao

hoopernikao:
You must learn to read the scriptures and take it as it is than trying to wrestle your thought in as you have shown all through your words in this thread. Assuming for the bible, extra-biblical explanation and experiences without scriptural judgment.
Why bother have scripture translated into various languages duh. Why not take a cue from Islam, who didn't translate the Quran from Arabic but its adherents learn about their faith in Arabic. You are a devil, thats what you are and you'll soon have your comeuppance. Mark my words
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by Acehart: 2:52pm On May 22, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Funnily enough "foreign," in English, has meanings, similar to unfamiliar, unknown, unheard of, strange, alien, exotic, outlandish, odd, peculiar, curious, bizarre, weird, queer, funny, novel or new, lmao

Why bother have scripture translated into various languages duh. Why not take a cue from Islam, who didn't translate the Quran from Arabic but its adherents learn about their faith in Arabic. You are a devil, thats what you are and you'll soon have your comeuppance. Mark my words

Let your gentleness be known to all men.”

1 Like

Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by hoopernikao: 2:55pm On May 22, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Let's try with an interlinear shall we, and starting with these following examples Genesis 1:7, 9-12, 16, 18, 20-21, 25, 27 and 29-31. Let read them one after the other was written and/or seen in the original text render. Paste them out here one after the other, lets review them together

The Use of Italics in the King James Bible
... Clearly, the words in italics were not miraculously given to the translators by God as additional inspiration the same way He did as recorded in 2 Peter 1:21, “holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.”

Neither are the italics there to add emphasis. The words in italics in the King James Bible are words that were added by the translators to help the reader better understand the intent of the passage translated from the original languages

Did you actually read the bold you copied and pasted? Seriously? not an addition but emphasis? Even quoting holy men of old? grin grin
You better write your own too and add your emphasis, you can actually claim that Jesus appeared to you and penned them down in his own word to emphasize the scriptures.

Like i told you, until you start to appreciate the sincere, unaided word of God, you will always not see anything wrong even if a verse is torn out, so far it is torn by "holy men" who can quote 2 Pet 1:21.
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by hoopernikao: 2:58pm On May 22, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

grin grin
Is like the emotions have risen again. Learn to calm down. You cant be erring in interpretation and likewise desert correction yet you are full of emotions.

Emotions doesnt change the truth. Ask the pharisees? So, calm down, read properly and write as a believer.
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by MuttleyLaff: 3:01pm On May 22, 2020
Acehart:
Muttleylaff, Let us look back at 1 Corinthians 13:12: “For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.” Paul acknowledged that he had not received all of the information God wanted him to have and give to us. Later, the Apostle wrote in 2 Corinthians 12:1: “I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.” Years afterward, Paul wrote his epistles—Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, Philemon, and 2 Timothy—and they were the full revelation of God for this the Dispensation of Grace.

Didn’t Paul write in Colossians 1:25-26 that one of his divinely-ordained roles was to complete God’s Word?:

Colossians 1:25-26: Of this church I was made a minister according to the stewardship from God bestowed on me for your benefit, so that I might fully carry out the preaching of the word of God, that is, the mystery which has been hidden from the past ages and generations, but has now been manifested to His saints,

Later, Ephesians 3:1-4 explains:

For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles- if indeed you have heard of the stewardship of God's grace which was given to me for you; that by revelation there was made known to me the mystery, as I wrote before in brief. By referring to this, when you read you can understand my insight into the mystery of Christ

Aren’t we learning the knowledge God revealed first to Paul, by reading his epistles of Romans through Philemon?

If we say that Faith, Hope and Love are on the way, how come Paul says that hope is established in the New Testament (2 Corinthians 3)? How come Hebrews refers to Faith as substance of things hoped for (futuristic expression) and the evidence of things not seen (retrospective expression)? Of which the Faith the writer referred to is Christ, the author and finisher of Faith? Didn’t the scriptures say, “the testimony of Christ is the spirit of prophecy”? Then Paul’s prophecy concerning the “Perfect is coming” could well be the “Testimony of Christ”, the written gospel.
Acehart, please slow down, lmao. You're behaving like someone grabbing stuff off the supermarket shelves, like as if they aren't going to re-open again tomorrow.

Let's get this fact and truth straight first. No matter how much well versed anyone is in Pauline epistles, without the assistance of the Holy Spirit, all the person has, is just sheer head knowledge and nothing from the soul emanated from the spirit man, alive and correctly tuned connected to the Holy Spirit.

It seems you didn't grab the subtle illustration, I earlier made with Genesis 1:26a, in addition to compare and contrast it with Genesis 1:27a

Acehart, we are already exercising different levels and/or essences of hope, faith and love. Of course not yet to perfection, nonetheless.

Yeah, there you're, you've just up there said it with Hebrews 11:1 that: "faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen". If you aren't trying to exercise hope, you wouldn't be interested in exercising faith. Now because you want to exercise faith, you because of knowing about Romans 10:17, you are now listening to the affirmation word of God. Why? It is because "faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

Apostle Paul, stepped up to the plate, after when Apostle Peter was found dithering. The same would have happened to Mary, if when Angel Gabriel paid her a visit, she too like Peter was found to be indecisive, but Praise God, that her response to the angel's message was: "Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me, according to your word." Praise God. Alleluia.

Are you aware, that father Abraham, saw you in the future, way back in Genesis 22:18 and Genesis 28:14, hmm? Gentiles, is used in Genesis 22:18, while families of the earth is what's used in Genesis 28:14. Isn't that amazing beautiful that God had us in mind from the very beginning when He singled out Abram/Abraham to leave his country, his people and his father's household and go to the land that will be shown him, to make him into a great nation and be blessed, such that his name will be great and he will be a blessing (i.e. Genesis 12:1)

Acehart what exactly are you trying to get your head round with here please?
Re: I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? by MuttleyLaff: 3:09pm On May 22, 2020
hoopernikao:
Did you actually read the bold you copied and pasted? Seriously? not an addition but emphasis? Even quoting holy men of old? grin grin
You better write your own too and add your emphasis, you can actually claim that Jesus appeared to you and penned them down in his own word to emphasize the scriptures.

Like i told you, until you start to appreciate the sincere, unaided word of God, you will always not see anything wrong even if a verse is torn out, so far it is torn by "holy men" who can quote 2 Pet 1:21.
Did you read at all, go to the website reference I provided to get a detailed background of that snippet excerpt, or you're just as lazy as ever, comfortably sitting on your hands, didn't and couldn't be bothered to.

Unlike you would do, I left the source where that information came from, simply so, for anyone interested, to do a Berean with. Now, it is only a self-conceited person like you who thinks its you alone that knows about italic insertions in KJV. I asked you to paste here Genesis 1:7, 9-12, 16, 18, 20-21, 25, 27 and 29-31 in the original text form with the insertions/additions/italics, so to see whether you'll be able to make sense of it.

Left to people like you, the Bible will still be written only in Latin, so that it is only the clergy who have access to it and never the laity, but God is bigger than you devils.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

The Right Way To Preach About Hell - Milton Goh / Andres Bisonni Miracles: Atheists, Please Come In And Explain / Yahuwshuwa ( Not Jesus Christ ) Is The Only Name Whereby We Must Be Saved!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.