Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,246 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Scammers Have Access To Bvn Database - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scammers Have Access To Bvn Database (1140 Views)

Beware Of Scammers! How Do Scammers Have Customers' Bank Info / FG Under CBN Begins Recapitalization Of All Banks, But Scammers Have Their Own P / Scammers Call Bank Customer, Reveal His BVN & Then Ask For More Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scammers Have Access To Bvn Database by ruffhandu: 8:30pm On May 15, 2020
And so this scammer 0815.909.57.17 called me yesterday and announced she was calling from Access bank and asked if I have heard access bank was paying 30k into their customers' account. I said no and feigned excited.

She went ahead to ask for my number so she could set my account up for the 'awoof'. I asked why she should be asking for my account number since she confirmed she works with access bank.
She responded by saying that where she was she couldn't access my account hence the need to get it directly from me. I played along. Then I told her my account number wasn't handy.

She then asked 'what about your Stanbic account number, do you have that one?'. See me see wahala o, so from Access bank you go come set up my account for Stanbic? Continue.
Since she was that dumb, I decided to go dumb with her. From the onset, I actually knew she was a scammer. Then I offered to give her my third bank account number. I asked if that would do and she said yes.

I just wanted her to keep wasting her credit. I called out my account number and I guess she confirmed it OK.

Before I contibue let me inform you that if they have all they need to scam you, then there's no need of calling you. They want you to supply some information to complete the scamming loop. For most Nigerian banks transactions, it's the OTP.

Please, if you don't know what I know, don't try this at home. End any call that requests you give out your banking information over the phone hi one, go to the bank instead to supply such information.

So she called back and told me she was going to send me a text, that I should send that number back to her to complete the setup. I asked, 'you will send me a text and I will give you the same code abi?' She said yes. OK continue fooling yourself.
She generated the OTP and called me back to send it to her. I asked her to call back lemme write out the number. Twas 6 digits so when she called back I formulated a 6-digit number and called out for her. 100115.

She dropped the call. After some seconds she called back and said the number was wrong. We started arguing as I told her that was the number she sent. Then after some back and forth, I admitted I made a mistake, then I have her 100116. This time, her accomplice,ol or she, was on the system and she told me it was wrong. I insisted that was the number she sent me. As we argued I guess she felt the code had expired, then I saw a new OTP.

I cut the call. She called back, and what I would do was pick the call and mute it. She later called with another number 0806.69.467.79 and I picked. She said network was 'worrying her' on the other line. I started doing same to her. I entered a meeting and wouldn't stop. Pick the call and press the mute button. She stopped after about 15 attempts.

Kayode (as she introduced herself), or whoever you are, may thunder scatter everything you will ever manage to gather in this life, unless you repent and restitute for all hardworking Nigerians you've defrauded of their hard earned money.

May you reap whatever you sow in this life.

4 Likes

Re: Scammers Have Access To Bvn Database by Nonso92(m): 8:34pm On May 15, 2020
Na wah oo, wonder how they got into our database sef
Re: Scammers Have Access To Bvn Database by ruffhandu: 8:40pm On May 15, 2020
Nonso92:
Na wah oo, wonder how they got into our database sef

My brother, this has confirmed to me that they do.
Re: Scammers Have Access To Bvn Database by gulfer: 8:55pm On May 15, 2020
Had a similar experience but the guy said my ATM card had an issue.....I wasted the jiga time wella. cool cool cool
Re: Scammers Have Access To Bvn Database by fulfillment22: 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2020
@ ruffhandu

This is a separate talk abeg.... Kindly unquote your reply you earlier used to reference me on the below link

https://www.nairaland.com/2151641/what-network-best-call-tariff/4#30850180

I appreciate, Thanks
Re: Scammers Have Access To Bvn Database by ruffhandu: 8:02am On Jun 18, 2020
fulfillment22:
@ ruffhandu

This is a separate talk abeg.... Kindly unquote your reply you earlier used to reference me on the below link

I appreciate, Thanks

What does that mean please?
Re: Scammers Have Access To Bvn Database by Westernlove: 8:11am On Jun 18, 2020
I've been wondering the connection between Stanbic Bank Accounts and Fraudsters. That was how one Idiot called last year very early In the following notifying me my ATM Card has Issues blah blah blah lol. I first of all played along before I suspected. I just called Random Numbers for the Idiot and Switched off my mobile because he kept calling back when I rejected his Initial Calls.......Heartless People....

4 Likes

Re: Scammers Have Access To Bvn Database by Mayng01(m): 9:03am On Jun 18, 2020
Access bank and scam are like snail and shell. Risky the way the op entertained their calls. Please, better cut them off once you become suspicious cos you never know, you might be hypnotized. Better Stay safe instead of acting safe.

1 Like

Re: Scammers Have Access To Bvn Database by fulfillment22: 4:50am On Jul 05, 2020
ruffhandu:

What does that mean please?

Hello my brother...

Earlier in 2015 or so, I made reply to a post of yours about a particular topic. During the reply I added my phone number and email and you quoted the said statement when you were about to reply me... Fraudsters are using the number to send me messages...

This is the link to the post sir.

Just log in to your nairaland account, click the above link, beneath it you'll see modify, quote (click modify) and delete this statement from your end (you're the one that can delete that sir, since you quoted the reply)

=======================
Thanks guy, you made perfect sense, please explain this: once I subscribe for #1000, and given bonus of #1500 as u said, if I make call to mtn, is it from the bonus they will deduct? Also, if I make calls to other network, is it from the main balance or the bonus they will deduct? Also, calls to other network are charged at what rate? Is there any daily charge or usage that I must reach?

Do reply by quoting me back or mail me : ************

Thanks
========================

Once deleted then click submit button, on submission that you should remove the above statement. That's all I need. Thanks my brother. God bless.
Re: Scammers Have Access To Bvn Database by ruffhandu: 12:13am On Oct 07, 2020
fulfillment22:

Hello my brother...

Earlier in 2015 or so, I made reply to a post of yours about a particular topic. During the reply I added my phone number and email and you quoted the said statement when you were about to reply me... Fraudsters are using the number to send me messages...

This is the link to the post sir.

Just log in to your nairaland account, click the above link, beneath it you'll see modify, quote (click modify) and delete this statement from your end (you're the one that can delete that sir, since you quoted the reply)

=======================
Thanks guy, you made perfect sense, please explain this: once I subscribe for #1000, and given bonus of #1500 as u said, if I make call to mtn, is it from the bonus they will deduct? Also, if I make calls to other network, is it from the main balance or the bonus they will deduct? Also, calls to other network are charged at what rate? Is there any daily charge or usage that I must reach?

Do reply by quoting me back or mail me : ************

Thanks
========================

Once deleted then click submit button, on submission that you should remove the above statement. That's all I need. Thanks my brother. God bless.

Oh, now I see. Done.
Re: Scammers Have Access To Bvn Database by ruffhandu: 12:15am On Oct 07, 2020
Mayng01:
Access bank and scam are like snail and shell. Risky the way the op entertained their calls. Please, better cut them off once you become suspicious cos you never know, you might be hypnotized. Better Stay safe instead of acting safe.

Lol, hypnotized kwa. Make I see. I would always want to waste their credit as much as I can. May it never be well with anyone robbing the innocent.

1 Like

Re: Scammers Have Access To Bvn Database by ruffhandu: 12:17am On Oct 07, 2020
Westernlove:
I've been wondering the connection between Stanbic Bank Accounts and Fraudsters. That was how one Idiot called last year very early In the following notifying me my ATM Card has Issues blah blah blah lol. I first of all played along before I suspected. I just called Random Numbers for the Idiot and Switched off my mobile because he kept calling back when I rejected his Initial Calls.......Heartless People....

It's not just stanbic, they are using all banks. They some work with insiders in these banks, or they gave gained access to the bvn database, legitimately or by hacking it (like my case).

(1) (Reply)

Dating Yahoo Boys Is The Most Dangerous Thing Any Lady Should Do / BREAKING: Gunmen Attack SARS In Enugu, Kills 6 Sars Officials, Injures Many / Court Remand 7 Suspects For Gang-raping An 11yr Old Girl In Lagos. PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.