Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,745 members, 7,802,274 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

You Helped Me And Many Others - Dan Akpan To Udom Inoyo On Retirement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Helped Me And Many Others - Dan Akpan To Udom Inoyo On Retirement (212 Views)

The Bad Government You Helped Enthrone will Hurt Everyone / How Kwankwaso’s SUV Gift Helped Me Survive Kaduna Bomb Attack - Buhari / Udom Emmanuel Gives Lexus SUV To Udom Free Chanel, Physically Challenged Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Helped Me And Many Others - Dan Akpan To Udom Inoyo On Retirement by Jerryz2050PMG(m): 11:19pm On May 15, 2020

May 10, 2020

Mr. Udom Inoyo
Executive Vice Chairman (Retired)
ExxonMobil, Lagos.

My handsome brother Udom,

CONGRATULATIONS; CONGRATULATIONS; CONGRATULATIONS.

My family and I, could not hide our heartfelt feelings to say congratulations for a service well delivered to your country (uncommon achievement). And, on your meritorious retirement as Executive Vice Chairman of ExxonMobil after passing through the ranks and files. Your retirement was not a surprise to us, because in life there's time to work and there's time to rest. You only retired but not tired. We are proud of you. (There is a saying in Efik that says ("owo inamke mkpo ikan odo"wink, congrats. As a former ExxonMobil senior staff, I know what it means to attain such exalted position with all the scorpions and tigers around you.

But then, it was a good experience preparing you for the future. Udome, I know you are a man that talk less, but move mountains.

SOBER REFLECTION

In 1991 you invited me from United Kingdom, and gave me opportunity to attend Mobil Producing unlimited interview in which I did not disappoint you.

Later, I discovered that you have helped hundreds of Akwa Ibomites and Cross Riverians and other Nigerians to secure permanent jobs in the same company. This is a record that no Akwa Ibomite in ExxonMobil both past and present has achieved. That is why I stand tall among my peers to congratulate you for a job well done. What this means is that, you are not only leaving ExxonMobil successfully but also leaving successors behind. We are proud of you. Bravo! My prayer is for you to continue to be a successful man in life.

In Isaiah 41:10: "fear thou not for I am with you, be not dismayed I am the God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness.

I will like you to follow this ancient laws that says:

To be strong...Pray often
To be great...Be disciplined
To succeed... Serve
To do a lot...speak little

My father used to say to me, son, " it is good to listen to others. It is very wise to seek advise from others. But it is very dangerous to refuse to pay attention to your own self."
The words of our elders.

Once again, my family and I, welcome you home. My line is always open.

We look forward to celebrate you.

Brotherly yours,

Hon. Daniel E. Akpan, PDM, MACA, MBA, MSC, PhD, FCIM

(1) (Reply)

Edo/ondo Polls: APC In Dilemma Over Mode Of Primaries / Bbnaija 2020: Organisers Announce Season 5 Audition Dates / COVID-19: Gombe Govt Delivers Palliative Items To 2218 Polling Units

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.