Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,804 members, 7,802,571 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport (4146 Views)

FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway / FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu / FG Begins Payment Of Oil Marketers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by aljharem(m): 11:32pm On Jan 14, 2011
ENGINEERING team, other technical personnel and machinery are warming up to start work at the Yenagoa Airport, which is billed for completion in a recorded time.

It was learnt that the Federal Government through the Ministry of Aviation has signified the kick- of construction at the airport which is to be located at the centre of the capital of Bayelsa State, a few minutes drive to the Government House.

A source from the ministry disclosed that the project would be jointly funded by the Federal and state governments.

By last week, the Aviation Ministry has assembled consultants and engineers who came largely from the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) to come up with the design and the cost of the project for approval and consequent resumption of work.

The airport which would not be so far from the existing Port Harcourt International Airport, Omagwa, is billed for medium and small body aircraft when completed.

"The airport will start off as a local airport to handle mid-size jets but it has potential for expansion. Work will soon start on site after the government approves the design being put together by the consultants. They are expected to come up with a fantastic design because Yenagoa is like a little island that is surrounded by water," inside source said.

Many industry observers are not enthusiastic with the project as they argued that with a good road from Yenagoa to Port Harcourt, the airport is not really necessary, noting that from the utilitarian point of view, the project is a waste of funds.

But the people of Yenagoa cannot hold back their high expectation for the completion of the project.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/business/24573.html

1 Like

Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by aljharem(m): 11:35pm On Jan 14, 2011
is an airport in balysea necessary
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by rebranded(m): 12:00am On Jan 15, 2011
I dey laugh o

GEJ is a rogue!

1st Goodluck University in Bayelsa
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by aljharem(m): 12:02am On Jan 15, 2011
now we have airport in lagos, aba,port harcount etc

he is building in enugu and balysea,, why

this is just waste of public funds undecided
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by isalegan2: 12:06am On Jan 15, 2011
Alhj, Cheer up. Airports are a good thing. smiley
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by aljharem(m): 12:16am On Jan 15, 2011
isale_gan2:

Alhj, Cheer up. Airports are a good thing. smiley
smiley well we will see then if jonathan is not just wasting money
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by DisGuy: 1:11am On Jan 15, 2011
It was learnt that the Federal Government through the Ministry of Aviation has signified the kick- of construction at the airport which is to be[b] located at the centre of the capital[/b] of Bayelsa State, a few minutes drive to the Government House

Sai Goodluck Jonathan, actually shocked GEJ didnt build one in his country home, he's probably fed up of not being able to fly into town with some ghana must go
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by Akhenaten1: 1:15am On Jan 15, 2011
An airport in Bayelsa is not needed. Port Harcourt is close enough.
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by isalegan2: 1:23am On Jan 15, 2011
Akhenaten1:

Won't it help reduce the pressure on road travel - long arduous ones?  Road accidents have always been a huge concern.  Poor roads etc.  Anyway, I'll concede.  Just don't see how it can hurt.  I'm not bothered either way.  ::shrug::

Akhenaten,
Friend or foe?  No hard feelings on the erroneous picture label in your civil war thread, ok?  I still don't get the purpose of it, but you've created lots of other cool picture threads since. 

P.S. Just noticed new i.d. You got banned? Hope I didn't spesk too soon.
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by dempeople(m): 1:24am On Jan 15, 2011
Akhenaten1:

My sentiments exactly.
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by mensdept: 1:29am On Jan 15, 2011
Every village will have airport soon, and at the end, none of them would be world class, and govt would have released and re-released N500 billion to construct this and that.
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by aljharem(m): 1:30am On Jan 15, 2011
Akhenaten1:

gbamm

what i am saying excatly

i think it is just waste of funds
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by aljharem(m): 1:31am On Jan 15, 2011
mens dept:

Every village will have airport soon, and at the end, none of them would be world class, and govt would have released and re-released N500 billion to construct this and that.

words

every single state will have an international airport in nigeria soon
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by Akhenaten: 1:32am On Jan 15, 2011
isale_gan2:

Won't it help reduce the pressure on road travel - long arduous ones?  Road accidents have always been a huge concern.  Poor roads etc.  Anyway, I'll concede.  Just don't see how it can hurt.  I'm not bothered either way.  ::shrug::

Akhenaten,
Friend or foe?  No hard feelings on the erroneous picture label in your civil war thread, ok?  I still don't get the purpose of it, but you've created lots of other cool picture threads since. 

P.S. Just noticed new i.d.  You got banned?  Hope I didn't spesk too soon.

Demand to fly in that airport will not be high. The most important airport in that area is Port Harcourt. The population of Bayelsa state is not high enough to warrant an airport.

The rush to build airports is a waste of money. I am from Umuahia and when I come to Nigeria through Lagos or Abuja. I do not fly to my hometown. I fly to Owerri, which is not that far. And it is no hassle. The people of Bayelsa can simply use the airport at Port Harcourt. It is not that far.

Why don't they use that money they are using to build this airport to build better roads in the region? It would be cheaper and more cost effective.

Why wouldn't we be friends? Just because we have different opinion doesn't mean we can't be friends. I am not here to make enemies my brother.

The Spam Bot banned me yesterday for posting an article, but my account was unbanned.
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by mensdept: 1:43am On Jan 15, 2011
^^^^ Absolutely

They should check out your thread of "Nigeria in Pictures" and see how Naija was clean, promising, and great in its past when REAL leaders tried to develop their peoples land instead of their pockets, and where govt planned out serious things instead of releasing billions for rubbish
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by Afam4eva(m): 1:47am On Jan 15, 2011
An Airport in bayelsa of all places. The is a complete waste of fund. Very soon every mushroom state capital will have an airport.
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by asha80(m): 1:50am On Jan 15, 2011
instead of focusing on good road and rail network na airport them wan build.we simply lack cohesive and planned out development.
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by aljharem(m): 1:50am On Jan 15, 2011
Akhenaten:

Demand to fly in that airport will not be high. The most important airport in that area is Port Harcourt. The population of Bayelsa state is not high enough to warrant an airport.

The rush to build airports is a waste of money. I am from Umuahia and when I come to Nigeria through Lagos or Abuja. I do not fly to my hometown. I fly to Owerri, which is not that far. And it is no hassle. The people of Bayelsa can simply use the airport at Port Harcourt. It is not that far.

Why don't they use that money they are using to build this airport to build better roads in the region? It would be cheaper and more cost effective.

Why wouldn't we be friends? Just because we have different opinion doesn't mean we can't be friends. I am not here to make enemies my brother.

The Spam Bot banned me yesterday for posting an article, but my account was unbanned.

good one

why can;t they use the money for good roads in the state rather than airport
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by Afam4eva(m): 1:53am On Jan 15, 2011
Now you guys see why every zone wants to produce a president.
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by dempeople(m): 1:54am On Jan 15, 2011
There's indeed a collective lack of common sense or even a general deficiency in logical thinking amongst some of our leaders. The other day, the president said that each state lacking a tertiary institution, would have one during his 1st term in office - as if it would solve the comatose state of higher eduction in the country. What about the already-existing Universities? What programs does he have to ensure that they're better standardised and reflect 21st century higher education instead of merely increasing the number of institutions? How would this airport be viable economically? Bayelsa state is not even a commercial/business state. What about ensuring economically viable airports such as Enugu's or Asaba's renovation and development are sped-up. If he intends to spend money in Bayelsa, surely he should come up with better projects which are beneficial to the state's populace.
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by Akhenaten: 1:57am On Jan 15, 2011
What Bayelsa needs is good infrastructure. Better roads, health facilities, and better educational facilities. If GEJ wants to give back to his home state, then he should focus on these things. Maybe he should come up with some schemes that would put these young people to work as well on federal projects in the state. That could help deal with the militancy instead of paying them to put down their guns.
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by jason123: 2:00am On Jan 15, 2011
Na wa for this GJ ooo! cheesy wink
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by aljharem(m): 2:02am On Jan 15, 2011
dem_people:

There's indeed a collective lack of common sense or even a general deficiency in logical thinking amongst some of our leaders. The other day, the president said that each state lacking a tertiary institution, would have one during his 1st term in office - as if it would solve the comatose state of higher eduction in the country. What about the already-existing Universities? What programs does he have to ensure that they're better standardised and reflect 21st century higher education instead of merely increasing the number of institutions? How would this airport be viable economically? Bayelsa state is not even a commercial/business state. What about ensuring economically viable airports such as Enugu's or Asaba's renovation and development are sped-up. If he intends to spend money in Bayelsa, surely he should come up with better projects which are beneficial to the state's populace.
grin

but you are absolutely right
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by Afam4eva(m): 2:02am On Jan 15, 2011
We're missing something here. Whether GEJ is building airports, skyscrapers, hospitals etc. Is it right for him to be giving preferential treatment to bayelsa. This is supposed to be the job of the Governor. So, he can't be using federal money to develop bayelsa. This is pure cheating when you consider the fact that the money bayelsa gets from the federal government is the highest in the country i think.
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by OAM4J: 2:07am On Jan 15, 2011
Akhenaten:

What Bayelsa needs is good infrastructure. Better roads, health facilities, and better educational facilities. If GEJ wants to give back to his home state, then he should focus on these things. Maybe he should come up with some schemes that would put these young people to work as well on federal projects in the state. That could help deal with the militancy instead of paying them to put down their guns.

True.

I guess an airport  is one his 'democracy dividends to his Bayelsa people'  cheesy
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by jason123: 2:07am On Jan 15, 2011
afam4eva:

We're missing something here. Whether GEJ is building airports, skyscrapers, hospitals etc. Is it right for him to be giving preferential treatment to bayelsa. This is supposed to be the job of the Governor. So, he can't be using federal money to develop bayelsa. This is pure cheating when you consider the fact that the money bayelsa gets from the federal government is the highest in the country i think.

It is the highest in the country! Can you all imagine? an airport that would not be economically viable. What happened to enugu airport or port harcourt? This GJ guy would ruin our country and yet some people would still vote him in. . . .SMH cry. Well, he would rig it anyway undecided.
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by DisGuy: 3:05am On Jan 15, 2011
dem_people:

did he really say that?  shocked

this humble fish farmer's got fish brain!!

I wont leave him with my tiny aquarium
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by macjive01: 3:40am On Jan 15, 2011
ALJ HARIM!!!!! eat ursef! now u know how em dey pain, right?

when u mallams, homosexual numbskulls were building dual carriage across the length of north your type were cheering, now u hav the mouth ( stinking [b]gworo[/b]rise mouth) to complain. from jos to adamawa is dual carriage - a six hour journey u wont meet up to 30 cars on your way(have been , have seen it), kastina to sokoto- same, that one u will only come across 20 cars, yet when was ontisha-benin dualised? lagos- abuja is nt even dualised. 

build the damn airport, make it international ,even if na only one plane lands there in 2 months, if u want, u have been giving the mandate ( from both north and south)  no-- rather our representatives have sold our collective birthright, dignity and present (nt future) to you so do as u want.

Nigeria is so repugnance

2 Likes

Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by udezue(m): 3:40am On Jan 15, 2011
Airport in Bayelsa is not so necessary but anyway. He should focus on other things in the state. Not every state needs an Airport but oh well let them build it. Bayelsa ppl will enjoy it.
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by aljharem(m): 3:47am On Jan 15, 2011
macjive01:

ALJ HARIM!!!!! eat ursef! now u know how em dey pain, right?

when u mallams, homosexual numbskulls were building dual carriage across the length of north your type were cheering, now u hav the mouth ( stinking [b]gworo[/b]rise mouth) to complain. from jos to adamawa is dual carriage - a six hour journey u wont meet up to 30 cars on your way(have been , have seen it), kastina to sokoto- same, that one u will only come across 20 cars, yet when was ontisha-benin dualised? lagos- abuja is nt even dualised. 

build the damn airport, make it international ,even if na only one plane lands there in 2 months, if u want, u have been giving the mandate ( from both north and south)  no-- rather our representatives have sold our collective birthright, dignity and present (nt future) to you so do as u want.

Nigeria is so repugnance

so is this your contribution to this thrend undecided

is the north not comprises of middle-belt undecided

is the north not larger than south undecided (no tribalism)

can you count the amount of roads in the north compare to even lagos alone

so what are you talking about
Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by macjive01: 5:55am On Jan 15, 2011
the question u shd be asking is : is there a need for tarred (paved) road in the north?
what need is it when u fathers prefer camel and walking to cars?
do my father need a dual carriage road costing billions of naira to march his cattle to the east for sale?
is it justified building a dual carriage road spanning hundreds and thousands of kilometre over sparsely (un) populated unfriendly topography? when a mere red mud graded road wud do.

if u answered yes to any of the above, then forget it, shut ur mouth up on this bayelsa airport, if u must open ur mouth then grab of bottle of raw acid and empty it in there.

2 Likes

Re: Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport by homerac7: 9:42am On Jan 15, 2011
^^^ Taaa! Stop dos lies!

Jos to Yola/Adamawa dual carriage road by wc route? Oya start naming d towns dt ur imaginary dual carriage way passed through for all to know.

Jos-Bauchi-Gombe-Kaltungo-Numan-Yola is one tiny single carriage way wc is d common route. Alternative route is Jos-Bauchi-Potiskum-Damaturu-Maiduguri-Yola route wc is too long and unreasonable.

Ur responses r just too sentimental.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Parents Beg FG: Please Release Our Son / URBAN MALL Set To Open In Abakaliki City / I've Officially Decamped To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.