Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,964 members, 7,803,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... (5439 Views)

Seun Osewa Thought On Minimum Wage on twitter that got people talking! / See What Nnamdi Kanu Posted After His Vice Left IPOB / Presidency Press Release: Now I Know Why Nnamdi Kanu Posted This Few Days Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by AniOmaa: 12:28am On May 16, 2020
I'm not a fan of Kanu as I feel he can be a rabble-rouser sometimes, but something that he posted got me seriously thinking...until I came to the resignative conclusion that Nigerians are just a hypocritical bunch, or maybe the reality of history is lost on them.

How come Igbos paid the price in blood for a coup masterminded by Nzeogwu - a man from my hometown though no less an Igbo man(yet few would argue he wasn't Igbo)... But the other coups which were ethnically motivated didn't result in the massacres of the people from the ethnic groups whose officers and men carried out the coups.

Note that of all the coups carried out in Nigeria, only the Nzeogwu coup and to some extent the Orkar coup included men and officers from different ethnic groups... There were Yorubas, Middle belt, Northern and South South/SE Igbos in Nzeogwu's coup, yet Igbos had to be singled out somehow.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by BabbanBura(m): 12:32am On May 16, 2020
AniOmaa:
I'm not a fan of Kanu as I feel he can be a rabble-rouser sometimes, but something that he posted got me seriously thinking...until I came to the resignative conclusion that Nigerians are just a hypocritical bunch, or maybe the reality of history is lost on them.

How come Igbos paid the price in blood for a coup masterminded by Nzeogwu - a man from my hometown though no less an Igbo man(yet few would argue he wasn't Igbo)... But the other coups which were ethnically motivated didn't result in the massacres of the people from the ethnic groups whose officers and men carried out the coups.

Note that of all the coups carried out in Nigeria, only the Nzeogwu coup and to some extent the Orkar coup included men and officers from different ethnic groups... There were Yorubas, Middle belt, Northern and South South/SE Igbos in Nzeogwu's coup, yet Igbos had to be singled out somehow.

Go learn ya history first!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by sammyj: 1:19am On May 16, 2020
Dreamers keep dreaming on! This will not change anything!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by gidgiddy: 2:09am On May 16, 2020
AniOmaa:

Are you still a learner? You dont know whats going on here? Long before the so called Nzeogwu/Igbo coup, Nigerians were highly suspicious of Igbos. The Igbo man was the only one who would move to all parts of Nigeria, settle and strive to make it commercially viable.That principle of 'one Nigeria' whereby you consider anywhere in your country as 'your home' was only practiced by Igbos to a high degree. And the Igbo man was doing well wherever he went and this was not going down too well. It was bad enough that the Igbo man was grabbing economic power, by his sweat and hardwork, to allow him to grab political power would not be allowed.

So when Nzeogwu conducted his coup, and it led to another Igbo man, Ironsi, becoming head of state, the powers that be could not stand it.

Nzeogwu's coup was quickly tagged an 'Igbo coup' while all other coups that followed have no ethnic tag.

Even here on NL, Nzeogwu from Okpanam in present day Delta state, will be an 'Igbo man' when it comes to the first coup. After discussions on the first coup, the same Okpanam will suddenly become Anioma, Niger Delta, South/South and non Igbo. When Nzeogwu was alive, he never heard Okpanam referred to as Niger Delta, South/South or Anioma. Today, they are all three as long as they are not Igbo "when required to be"

"One Nigeria" is a fraud and all Nnamdi Kanu is saying is that a referendum be conducted so that people can choose their destiny

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by Godons1: 5:13am On May 16, 2020
Kanu is a scam artist.

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by helinues: 5:15am On May 16, 2020
undecided
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by Hoephase: 5:17am On May 16, 2020
I admire the courage of the op for trying to reason with tribal bigots on NL.

I already sighted one who always appear on any thread with the tag Igbo, where he unleashes his life frustration.

But what people like that failed to understand is that at the end of the day they will retire home to stew in their hatred. grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by Nobody: 5:26am On May 16, 2020
My thinking faculty has been provoked.

7 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by Area4Area: 5:44am On May 16, 2020
gidgiddy:

Are you still a learner? You dont know whats going on here? Long before the so called Nzeogwu/Igbo coup, Nigerians were highly suspicious of Igbos. The Igbo man was the only one who would move to all parts of Nigeria, settle and strive to make it commercially viable.That principle of 'one Nigeria' whereby you consider anywhere in your country as 'your home' was only practiced by Igbos to a high degree. And the Igbo man was doing well wherever he went and this was going down too well. It was bad enough that the Igbo man was grabbing economic power, by his sweat and hardwork, to allow him to grab political power would not be allowed.

So when Nzeogwu conducted his coup, and it led to another Igbo man, Ironsi, becoming head of state, the powers that be could not stand it.

Nzeogwu's coup was quickly tagged an 'Igbo coup' while all other coups that followed have no ethnic tag.

Even here on NL, Nzeogwu from Okpanam in present day Delta state, will be an 'Igbo man' when it comes to the first coup. After discussions on the first coup, the same Okpanam will suddenly become Anioma, Niger Delta, South/South and non Igbo. When Nzeogwu was alive, he never heard Okpanam referred to as Niger Delta, South/South or Anioma. Today, they are all three as long as they are not Igbo "when required to be"

"One Nigeria" is a fraud and all Nnamdi Kanu is saying is that a referendum be conducted so that people can choose their destiny
Referendum indeed, tell us which ethnic group had requested for it aside your useless Kanu and IPOB...

Nobody is giving any useless person or group any referendum till thy kingdom come, better start crying now

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by Nobody: 6:21am On May 16, 2020
Area4Area:
Referendum indeed, tell us which ethnic group had requested for it aside your useless Kanu and IPOB...

Nobody is giving any useless person or group any referendum till thy kingdom come, better start crying now
what ethnic group are you from?

17 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by AhoadaRivers: 6:30am On May 16, 2020
gidgiddy:

Are you still a learner? You dont know whats going on here? Long before the so called Nzeogwu/Igbo coup, Nigerians were highly suspicious of Igbos. The Igbo man was the only one who would move to all parts of Nigeria, settle and strive to make it commercially viable.That principle of 'one Nigeria' whereby you consider anywhere in your country as 'your home' was only practiced by Igbos to a high degree. And the Igbo man was doing well wherever he went and this was going down too well. It was bad enough that the Igbo man was grabbing economic power, by his sweat and hardwork, to allow him to grab political power would not be allowed.

I don't even think a referendum is even important anymore the zoogerians will import dirty monkeys from oshogbo to come and rig it..

Outright seperation na e sure pass.

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by simplycarro: 6:39am On May 16, 2020
How many civilian leaders were killed by Nzeogwu and how many were killed by the other coups?

If you make killing other tribal leaders your priority in a coup while exonerating your own civilian leaders, it will be termed a tribal coup like Nzeogwu coup was rightly tagged.

The useless Kanu can only fool those that don’t read

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by Inteltower: 6:40am On May 16, 2020
What KANU said is a food for thought you know

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by AhoadaRivers: 6:41am On May 16, 2020
I can see ewedu muslim monkeys running riot of the thread. grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by Afoxkelly(m): 6:47am On May 16, 2020
Fine he is saying the truth in different ways. KANU is not minding that situations is different as well. Law of Karma.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by woky: 6:49am On May 16, 2020
Area4Area:

Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself.

You're just too afraid of the name BIAFRA!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by Area4Area: 6:50am On May 16, 2020
Igbosmoker:
what ethnic group are you from?
Question!!!

Create another thread for that and don't derail this
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by Area4Area: 6:53am On May 16, 2020
woky:

Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself.

You're just too afraid of the name BIAFRA!
lol, indeed.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by Nobody: 6:53am On May 16, 2020
Area4Area:
Question!!!

Create another thread for that and don't derail this
I don't see why you hate Biafra so much if you're not hausa/fulani

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by Area4Area: 7:00am On May 16, 2020
Igbosmoker:
I don't see why you hate Biafra so much if you're not hausa/fulani
Now you've given me an ethnic group, hope you can rest
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by Chikelue2000(m): 7:03am On May 16, 2020
gidgiddy:

I almost cried reading dis....God bless u....God bless d Igbo man who bin served unjustly will still not give up.....God bless Nigeria if truly He wants us one....one day, we shall smile again

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by stanleyalpacino(m): 7:19am On May 16, 2020
Godons1:
Kanu is a scam artist.

Bastard son of a bastard father. Read your history and dont be a retard.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by awakeuche(m): 7:32am On May 16, 2020
Tribalism and Tribalist are evil.
As a Nigerian are you happy with the status quo.
If you are, I'm not.
I want to see a developed Nigeria that cares for her people not the horror we call a country.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by Macphenson: 7:40am On May 16, 2020
AniOmaa:

Ironically , the said Igbo coup was aborted by Ojukwu. I keep asking, how do you brand this an Igbo coup that was thwarted by an Igbo man.

They always single out the Igboman for their blood thirsty souls.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by Daniel058(m): 7:57am On May 16, 2020
1 NIGERIA IS A SCAM.

BIAFRA TO THE WORLD.

#Truth_is_life!

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by Nobody: 7:59am On May 16, 2020
Me too I've been thinking. Was ojukwu fighting for biafra or Niger delta Oyel.

If you want biafra, you can ask for it nicely. But you chose to murder a lot of people so that only igbos can have access to oil.

And the subjugation of the minorities points suspicious finger too

3m people died for one man selfish interest
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by ADAlBEKU: 8:06am On May 16, 2020
Nigeria is a zoo

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by spiritmasquerad(m): 8:40am On May 16, 2020
AhoadaRivers:

I don't even think a referendum is even important anymore the zoogerians will import dirty monkeys from oshogbo to come and rig it..

Outright seperation is not possible
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Posted Something On Twitter That Got Me Thinking... by spiritmasquerad(m): 8:40am On May 16, 2020
AhoadaRivers:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can This Be Abuja ? / How Gov Sullivan Chime Impregnated His Wife's Sister And His Many Other Sins / You'll Hate Goodluck Jonathan After Reading This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.