Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll (35211 Views)

Tinubu Explains Reason For "Low Key" Campaign Rally In Katsina / LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes / President Buhari Addresses The People Of Zamfara, Explains Reason For Absence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by dederocs(m): 8:32am On May 16, 2020
putin2:
Ppl are fools pls another lockdown.
lazy dependent, why cant you and your dumb lots stay home, save yourself fool...

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by Joclebs(m): 8:32am On May 16, 2020
Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by eleko1: 8:43am On May 16, 2020
sad sumbody shud tell diz ex mad man to allow Lagos state be .Is it the same gov that can’t give 5k to pipu will help dem pay their bill?Lagos landlord aren’t smiling.The senseless pipu Even Dey rotate market day like NEPA 1 day ON and OFF.U lock up inter state so .wetin drivers go chop.Dumb pipu
Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by tbaby4u(f): 8:44am On May 16, 2020
Mrlouis:
Ok. There should be a similar poll on how to share Abacha's loot

God bless u
Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by donmik: 9:09am On May 16, 2020
Come o, this leaders self.
Do we vote for a sick person to get cured?
If this COVID na play thing here, just beg us. Of course, it is and we know!
We shall forgive u guys for deceiving us and starving us all this while
Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by Badonasty(m): 9:10am On May 16, 2020
Lol...this man is weak sha...no backbone at all
Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by ello29(m): 9:22am On May 16, 2020
Is this for real? So many things have to be consider before taking this into action. Many people have different accounts in a social media like Instagram and Facebook and can vote twice or more.
Also someone in another country can also vote.
Note also most Nigerians citizens are not represented on social media.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by Reference(m): 9:28am On May 16, 2020
ello29:
Is this for real? So many things have to be consider before taking this into action. Many people have different accounts in a social media like Instagram and Facebook and can vote twice or more.
Also someone in another country can also vote.
Note also most Nigerians citizens are not represented on social media.

That is why townhalls are needed to deepen participation down to the grassroots. Clearly the government does not have the resources to handle unilateral decisions so it needs to meet the citizens halfway.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by Acidosis(m): 9:38am On May 16, 2020
Jcael:
We hear. Most of the folks taking the brunt for the effects of the lockdown are not on Twitter and Facebook. These are traders, daily earners whose livelihood hinges on their ability to work from time to time. Daily labour.

The only time locking down the economy will make sense is when the government can adequately sustain its citizens. If not, one thing must kill a man. It's either a man is killed by the virus or by hunger. I'd bet most people affected will take their chances with covid 19.

These same traders are the ones electing bad and wicked leaders in Nigeria.

This explains the reason some politicians fail woefully on online polls (especially Twitter) and then go out there to win elections with palliatives (garri, noodles, etc.)

Poverty and illiteracy will continue to be a challenge in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by Jcael(m): 9:48am On May 16, 2020
Acidosis:

These same traders are the ones electing bad and wicked leaders in Nigeria.

This explains the reason some politicians fail woefully on online polls (especially Twitter) and then go out there to win elections with palliatives (garri, noodles, etc.)

Poverty and illiteracy will continue to be a challenge in Nigeria.

You are right. It is a story of what goes around comes around. People elect the wrong persons to office, and then they cry when they start dancing to the repercussions.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by lighternote: 10:30am On May 16, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by jaxxy(m): 10:55am On May 16, 2020
rockiedink:
Social Media government

If they end up instituting another lockdown, just know that no palliative will be given to anybody because LASG will simply say "Well, you asked us to lockdown again."

U cannot impose a lockdown without palliatives. It's gross Irresponsiblity. Polls or no polls.
Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by boyjo: 12:33pm On May 16, 2020
Thank you very much Governor Sanwo-olu. God will help and direct you.
Please don't lockdown Sir, you people don't want it.
A lot of people that voted on Twitter are not Lagosians.
A lot of people who voted for "Indifferent" or "undecided" just wanted to see the poll results.
Make poll results visible to all, (whether you have voted or not) and you will not see anyone voting in this category.

The masses are not on Twitter beause they don't understand it.
A few of them are on Facebook.
A lot more are on Nairaland.
Whike majority font care about social media even though they have phones and can afford it.

Me, I no dey Facebook.

Cc: postbox
Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by boyjo: 12:45pm On May 16, 2020
jaxxy:

U cannot impose a lockdown without palliatives. It's gross Irresponsiblity. Polls or no polls.
But they imposed lockdown without palliatives for one month naw.
Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by jaxxy(m): 12:51pm On May 16, 2020
boyjo:

But they imposed lockdown without palliatives for one month naw.

They gave out. Just not everybody and not even sufficient. Basically a total lockdown isn't sustainable and can't work
Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 12:54pm On May 16, 2020
I am entitled to my own opinion, so if u are not OK with it, that's your problem...just read and pass
Hope4all967:
in ur mi d you have said something abi? You only showed that you lack common sense and good judgment
Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by boyjo: 1:04pm On May 16, 2020
FlordFlorez:
I said it in the other trend. So many people want to criticize me. This is a government that have her people at heart.

Yes I am beginning to think so.
Governor Sanwo-olu, God is your reward and He shall strengthen you in Jesus name.
Life isn't about money money money.

During the lockdown, people couldn't even drive their limousines or travel out of the Country for vacation even though they have the riches to.

postbox

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by boyjo: 1:07pm On May 16, 2020
Anuoluwapo3054:
You have a good point o... But let me also remind you that Lagosians are not helping matters. All directives put in place are not being observed and instead of them to keep to this simple instruction on social distancing, they resolved to emotional blackmail that the rules are strict on them as commercial motorists and market women and men. I have an health worker with me who happens to be one of these covid19 doctors at Yaba, when she start to narrate the pains that the affected people passes through and how they died, you don't need anyone to tell you to maintain social distancing or even stay at home. The lockdown affects all classes, but one way or the other we learn to survive through it. Waiting for palliative from the government is just like waiting for Ronaldo to come back to Real Madrid because it won't happen. I expect that our local churches/Mosque should stepped in as it is obvious that the government has let us down but unfortunately we aren't getting any their support or maybe a little. When there is life, we have hope that we will bounce back no matter what... It is better than exposing ourselves to be a deadly disease and die untimely.

You submission is O's wrong and deceiving.

From truck pushers, to market women to the banks, people are wearing masks.
Shops are enforcing the use of sanitizers and masks and social distancing.

Lockdown is evil.
Lockdown is tyrannical.
Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by boyjo: 1:11pm On May 16, 2020
Mordecai:
The disparity between FB and Twitter goes to figure.

More of the upper class on Twitter. They can work from anywhere. Their livelihoods aren't really affected by the lockdown. Granted, they might not be able to go the gym, but they are too scared of covid19 to want that anymore. There is also the political class cashing out big time on covid19.

On Facebook, the reverse is the case. Less of the upper class individuals. The lower socioeconomic class dominates that forum. They need to earn their living daily. They need their employers businesses to thrive else they'll be out of a job soon.

There is a whole set of people that can't even afford to waste time or their little hard-earned money online. They far outnumber the population on Twitter and Facebook combined.

As for their opinion, your guess is as good as mine.

As if I saw your comment before I posted. This is the exact same thing I wrote in another word.

Lagosians residents, DONOT want another lockdown.
postbox

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by boyjo: 1:17pm On May 16, 2020
Trayceey:
How come I didn't see the poll?
This your comment make me laugh well well.

Imagine Nairaland pushed a thread to front page that the Lagos government did an online poll.
They didn't tell us that the poll was still on and that we need to vote now neither did they put the voting link.
It was while I was casually strolling through politics section that I saw a different moniker urging is to vote and he shared the link.
I was like, "you mean voting is actually taking place?" Because in the front page thread , they reported it like one of those news like everyother news undecided
Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by boyjo: 1:26pm On May 16, 2020
jaxxy:

They gave out. Just not everybody and not even sufficient. Basically a total lockdown isn't sustainable and can't work

Okay I see am for front page.
One bag of rice for the whole community.
Yeah I saw it
Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by jaxxy(m): 1:31pm On May 16, 2020
boyjo:

Okay I see am for front page.
One bag of rice for the whole community.
Yeah I saw it

grin
Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by Legendguru: 4:30pm On May 16, 2020
ok
Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by Littlefingerjp: 7:00pm On May 16, 2020
postbox:

https://brandspurng.com/2020/05/14/lockdown-lasg-explains-reason-behind-social-media-poll/
Who are the people voting sef...You put a voting poll on the net,who have access to the net?..Is it not the rich that has more access..Make them come street do poll,make them confirm what Lagosians want...
Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by MCIU: 8:42pm On May 16, 2020
rockiedink:
Social Media government

If they end up instituting another lockdown, just know that no palliative will be Mega Churches In Unites States given to anybody because LASG will simply say "Well, you asked us to lockdown again."

Edited
So this is how FTC feels like... #VeryOrdinary undecided

And my bank account never increase... #INeverSeeAlert sad angry
Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by Pascal9: 9:31pm On May 16, 2020
Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by mannobi(m): 11:41pm On May 16, 2020
The real people that should be asked do not have twitter on their phones. Let them ask private school teachers, hairdressers mechanic, radionic, traders drivers and riders then they will know what people are feeling in this inability of government to plan well
Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by Nobody: 8:44am On May 17, 2020
DAY ONE
Computer Programming - Basic Variables:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvAryQtxbWA

Variables are the names you give to computer memory locations which are used to store values in a computer program.

For example, assume you want to store two values 10 and 20 in your program and at a later stage, you want to use these two values. Let's see how you will do it. Here are the following three simple steps −

Create variables with appropriate names.
Store your values in those two variables.
Retrieve and use the stored values from the variables.
Creating variables

Creating variables is also called declaring variables in C programming. Different programming languages have different ways of creating variables inside a program. For example, C programming has the following simple way of creating variables −

#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
int a;
int b;
}
The above program creates two variables to reserve two memory locations with names a and b. We created these variables using int keyword to specify variable data type which means we want to store integer values in these two variables. Similarly, you can create variables to store long, float, char or any other data type. For example −

/* variable to store long value */
long a;

/* variable to store float value */
float b;
You can create variables of similar type by putting them in a single line but separated by comma as follows −

#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
int a, b;
}
Listed below are the key points about variables that you need to keep in mind −

A variable name can hold a single type of value. For example, if variable a has been defined int type, then it can store only integer.

C programming language requires a variable creation, i.e., declaration before its usage in your program. You cannot use a variable name in your program without creating it, though programming language like Python allows you to use a variable name without creating it.

You can use a variable name only once inside your program. For example, if a variable a has been defined to store an integer value, then you cannot define a again to store any other type of value.

There are programming languages like Python, PHP, Perl, etc., which do not want you to specify data type at the time of creating variables. So you can store integer, float, or long without specifying their data type.

You can give any name to a variable like age, sex, salary, year1990 or anything else you like to give, but most of the programming languages allow to use only limited characters in their variables names. For now, we will suggest to use only a....z, A....Z, 0....9 in your variable names and start their names using alphabets only instead of digits.

Almost none of the programming languages allow to start their variable names with a digit, so 1990year will not be a valid variable name whereas year1990 or ye1990ar are valid variable names.

Every programming language provides more rules related to variables and you will learn them when you will go in further detail of that programming language.

Computer Programming - Variables

Previous Page Next Page
Variables are the names you give to computer memory locations which are used to store values in a computer program.

For example, assume you want to store two values 10 and 20 in your program and at a later stage, you want to use these two values. Let's see how you will do it. Here are the following three simple steps −

Create variables with appropriate names.
Store your values in those two variables.
Retrieve and use the stored values from the variables.
Creating variables

Creating variables is also called declaring variables in C programming. Different programming languages have different ways of creating variables inside a program. For example, C programming has the following simple way of creating variables −

#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
int a;
int b;
}
The above program creates two variables to reserve two memory locations with names a and b. We created these variables using int keyword to specify variable data type which means we want to store integer values in these two variables. Similarly, you can create variables to store long, float, char or any other data type. For example −

/* variable to store long value */
long a;

/* variable to store float value */
float b;
You can create variables of similar type by putting them in a single line but separated by comma as follows −

#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
int a, b;
}
Listed below are the key points about variables that you need to keep in mind −

A variable name can hold a single type of value. For example, if variable a has been defined int type, then it can store only integer.

C programming language requires a variable creation, i.e., declaration before its usage in your program. You cannot use a variable name in your program without creating it, though programming language like Python allows you to use a variable name without creating it.

You can use a variable name only once inside your program. For example, if a variable a has been defined to store an integer value, then you cannot define a again to store any other type of value.

There are programming languages like Python, PHP, Perl, etc., which do not want you to specify data type at the time of creating variables. So you can store integer, float, or long without specifying their data type.

You can give any name to a variable like age, sex, salary, year1990 or anything else you like to give, but most of the programming languages allow to use only limited characters in their variables names. For now, we will suggest to use only a....z, A....Z, 0....9 in your variable names and start their names using alphabets only instead of digits.

Almost none of the programming languages allow to start their variable names with a digit, so 1990year will not be a valid variable name whereas year1990 or ye1990ar are valid variable names.

Every programming language provides more rules related to variables and you will learn them when you will go in further detail of that programming language.

Store Values in Variables

You have seen how we created variables in the previous section. Now, let's store some values in those variables −

#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
int a;
int b;

a = 10;
b = 20;
}
The above program has two additional statements where we are storing 10 in variable a and 20 is being stored in variable b. Almost all the programming languages have similar way of storing values in variable where we keep variable name in the left hand side of an equal sign = and whatever value we want to store in the variable, we keep that value in the right hand side.

Now, we have completed two steps, first we created two variables and then we stored required values in those variables. Now variable a has value 10 and variable b has value 20. In other words we can say, when above program is executed, the memory location named a will hold 10 and memory location b will hold 20.

Access stored values in variables

If we do not use the stored values in the variables, then there is no point in creating variables and storing values in them. We know that the above program has two variables a and b and they store the values 10 and 20, respectively. So let's try to print the values stored in these two variables. Following is a C program, which prints the values stored in its variables −

#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
int a;
int b;

a = 10;
b = 20;

print f( "Value of a = %d\n", a );
print f( "Value of b = %d\n", b );
}
When the above program is executed, it produces the following result −

Value of a = 10
Value of b = 20
You must have seen printf() function in the previous chapter where we had used it to print "Hello, World!". This time, we are using it to print the values of variables. We are making use of %d, which will be replaced with the values of the given variable in printf() statements. We can print both the values using a single printf() statement as follows −

#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
int a;
int b;

a = 10;
b = 20;

print f( "Value of a = %d and value of b = %d\n", a, b );
}

Value of a = 10 and value of b = 20
If you want to use float variable in C programming, then you will have to use %f instead of %d, and if you want to print a character value, then you will have to use %c. Similarly, different data types can be printed using different % and characters.

Variables in Python

Following is the equivalent program written in Python. This program will create two variables a and b and at the same time, assign 10 and 20 in those variables.

Python does not want you to specify the data type at the time of variable creation and there is no need to create variables in advance.

a = 10
b = 20

print "Value of a = ", a
print "Value of b = ", b
print "Value of a = ", a, " and value of b = ", b

Value of a = 10
Value of b = 20
You can use the following syntax in C and Java programming to declare variables and assign values at the same time −

#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
int a = 10;
int b = 20;

print f( "Value of a = %d and value of b = %d\n", a, b );
}

So far, we have covered two important concepts called variables and their data types. We discussed how to use int, long, and float to specify different data types. We also learnt how to name the variables to store different values.

Though this chapter is not required separately because reserved keywords are a part of basic programming syntax, we kept it separate to explain it right after data types and variables to make it easy to understand.

Like int, long, and float, there are many other keywords supported by C programming language which we will use for different purpose. Different programming languages provide different set of reserved keywords, but there is one important & common rule in all the programming languages that we cannot use a reserved keyword to name our variables, which means we cannot name our variable like int or float rather these keywords can only be used to specify a variable data type.

For example, if you will try to use any reserved keyword for the purpose of variable name, then you will get a syntax error.

#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
int float;
float = 10;

print f( "Value of float = %d\n", float);
}
When you compile the above program, it produces the following error −

main.c: In function 'main':
main.c:5:8: error: two or more data types in declaration specifiers
int float;
Let's now give a proper name to our integer variable, then the above program should compile and execute successfully −

#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
int count;
count = 10;

print f( "Value of count = %d\n", count);
}

Python Programming Reserved Keywords

Here is a table having almost all the keywords supported by Python Programming language −

and exec not
assert finally or
break for pass
class from print
continue global raise
def if return
del import try
elif in while
else is with
except lambda yield
We know you cannot memorize all these keywords, but we have listed them down for your reference purpose and to explain the concept of reserved keywords. So just be careful while giving a name to your variable, you should not use any reserved keyword for that programming language.

Thank you for being part of today's class. Join us at our Facebook group @YouTube Programming School
View the demo free at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvAryQtxbWA
Don't forget to subscribe
Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by PropertyBuying(f): 10:15am On May 17, 2020
Mrlouis:
Ok. There should be a similar poll on how to share Abacha's loot
Lol grin
Re: Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll by PHAYOL81: 11:44am On May 17, 2020
Good one from LASG. It may not be the best for now but trying to offer people-inclusive governance is a very good step and I, personally, commend you guys for that. We'll surely get there someday if we continue unrelented on this good path.

Good bless Lagos State Government
God bless the South Western states of Nigeria.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Leave CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar, Arrest Trader For Assault / Exclusive Pictures Of Weapons Captured By Local Hunters In Adamawa State. / Malabu Oil Deal: Jonathan Breaks Silence On Bribe Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.