Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,009 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Biafra: Ebonyi People Are Myopic. They Don't Behave Like Igbos - IPOB - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Ebonyi People Are Myopic. They Don't Behave Like Igbos - IPOB (3923 Views)

Husband & Wife Not Allowed To Vote In Lagos Because 'They Look Like Igbos' / Emeka Stanley: Those Criticizing Ikpeazu Are Myopic / Plans To Eliminate Sunday Igboho, A Rumour, Don't Behave Like IPOB — Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Ebonyi People Are Myopic. They Don't Behave Like Igbos - IPOB by Igboid: 10:52am On May 16, 2020
Ebonyi1stson:
We in Ebonyi cannot live in denial. Please counter this statement from IPOB

“We are unstoppable and we cannot mind Ebonyi people who are not concerned on Biafra course, they have never behaved like Igbos”,
he told Vanguard.

Who made him the spokesman of Igbos or Biafrans?
Who knows him. Who is he?
A nobody paid by Nigeria to come and play cheap divide and conquer tactics. Amadioha will kill the fool.

Umahi is the current Chairman of SE governors forum and Chief Enwo-Igariwey from Ebonyi was the immediate past president of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo.
Nobody knows who Ugochukwu Nweke is. For all we know, his real names could be Tijani Kayode Abdullahi.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Ebonyi People Are Myopic. They Don't Behave Like Igbos - IPOB by Ebonyi1stson: 11:05am On May 16, 2020
We won't live in denial with you
Re: Biafra: Ebonyi People Are Myopic. They Don't Behave Like Igbos - IPOB by Gandollar(f): 1:56pm On May 16, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

How do we stigmatize Kwara? Please let me know!
You call them "obun araoke" , meaning a dirty backward people. If you are from igbona, other Yorubas deal carefully with you cos they say you must be mean.
Re: Biafra: Ebonyi People Are Myopic. They Don't Behave Like Igbos - IPOB by Gandollar(f): 1:57pm On May 16, 2020
Ebonyi1stson:
We won't live in denial with you
Omoale 1 of Ebonyi State!

Go and ask your mum again who your father really is. Hiss

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Ebonyi People Are Myopic. They Don't Behave Like Igbos - IPOB by dokiOloye(m): 3:30pm On May 16, 2020
Cyberterror:
Just for the records.
Is that all?

Re: Biafra: Ebonyi People Are Myopic. They Don't Behave Like Igbos - IPOB by dokiOloye(m): 3:36pm On May 16, 2020
Gandollar:
You are a bastard son of Ebonyi then.

There are different dialects in Igboland just like in every other places. I'm from owerri and my dialect would be a comic relief in the ears of an Ntezi man. Does that mean owerri language is not Igbo? There's also the central Igbo language used for academic purpose.

Can you compare the unique peculiarities of the Ebonyi spoken Igbo to that of Badagry people in Lagos State?

Ask Yorubas and they will tell you that Badagry language is totally different from Yoruba language but they are still Yorubas!

Ebonyi language in all its uniqueness is more Igbo than Badagry language would ever be Yoruba.
Nnaa,click on that moniker naa.
Account was created yesterday.
Na oil soup ppl.
Re: Biafra: Ebonyi People Are Myopic. They Don't Behave Like Igbos - IPOB by dokiOloye(m): 3:42pm On May 16, 2020
toolovely:

That's because you are not proud of where you come from. I'm from Afikpo and I speak my dialect anywhere.
Do you know that there's a part of Anambra that speak a different dialect from the general Anambra that we know?

When people understand that there are variations in Igbo language, we will keep going over this everyday.

There are no much difference between Abakaliki/Ezza/Izzi dialect from the native Enugu. Most Enugu people adopted Anambra as their dialect but when they speak their native dialect, it sounds more like Abakaliki Ezza Izzi dialect...

For those saying Ebonyi people, there's nothing like Ebonyi people. You don't define a people by a POLITICAL GEOGRAPHICAL area... You define a people by their culture, traditions, etc... In Ebonyi state, there are different people... You have the Afikpos, Ezzas, Izzis, and Ohaozara/Onicha all with different cultures, dialects, traditions. So you can't call them a people. They were brought together by politics.
The Ebonyi north and central was in the old Anambra and Enugu state respectively while Ebonyi South was in old Imo and Old Abia state.
That idiot is a tiger-scratch faced oil soup man.
Moniker was created yesterday.
Topic he created was to ridicule Ebonyi ppl,his own supposed ppl.
Who does that?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Ebonyi People Are Myopic. They Don't Behave Like Igbos - IPOB by Colynzonature: 3:46pm On May 16, 2020
I think that will need to mobilize all our resources to change the narrative in this country especially the youth.
Re: Biafra: Ebonyi People Are Myopic. They Don't Behave Like Igbos - IPOB by KC031: 4:40pm On May 16, 2020
Cyberterror:

Why do Ibos discriminate against people from Ebonyi State?
12 Answers
Answered Mar 1, 2018 Ebuka Okolo, knows Igbo
I don’t have so much to offer beyond the few observations I made:
Ebonyi people are not recognised as true Igbo. There are theories that they belong more to the Tiv people of Benue (just like ndi Nsukka) than to Igbo people. This is most indicated (I think) in the fact that most communities in Ebonyi state speak an indigenous language that is distinct from Igbo (as well as speaking Igbo, but as a secondary language)

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-Ibos-discriminate-against-people-from-Ebonyi-State

How you people reason and generate theories to fan n feed your egos baffles me.
Nsukka and Ebonyi are Tiv people coz they share boundaries with Benue same way you people tell us about Obiano people in Anambra is not true Anambra coz they share boundaries with Kogi people.
Anyway, I lived in Nsukka for over 25 yrs before migrating to Lagos and I categorically tell you that,Nsukka way of life ranging from Marriage rites,burial,beliefs are same with almost every other Igbo town in Igbo Land.
Some of them have surname like Ali,Omeh,Itodo,Idoko but don't forget that back in the days ,Nsukka people traveled more to Benue,Kogi and other Northern states of the country for business, cash crops,and traditional medicine and charm that abounds in Kogi and Benue and common sense should tell you @ the course of this socioeconomic interaction, such name could be adopted.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Ebonyi People Are Myopic. They Don't Behave Like Igbos - IPOB by ThatFairGuy: 8:18pm On May 16, 2020
[s]
Gandollar:
You call them "obun araoke" , meaning a dirty backward people. If you are from igbona, other Yorubas deal carefully with you cos they say you must be mean.
[/s]
You coined this yourself. NOTHING like this in Yorubaland. Old Oyo State (Osun n Oyo people) are the one call "araoke(awon ara oke, won se Ila jaburata)" by lagosian because they always have tribal mark. It's even jocularly. Nothing as such in Yorubaland. I've stayed in kwara before

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Ebonyi People Are Myopic. They Don't Behave Like Igbos - IPOB by Miracle1991: 9:46pm On May 16, 2020
Confused people,
Re: Biafra: Ebonyi People Are Myopic. They Don't Behave Like Igbos - IPOB by Chimaraymond455: 9:51pm On May 16, 2020
Divide and rule

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Ebonyi People Are Myopic. They Don't Behave Like Igbos - IPOB by Yujin(m): 11:04pm On May 16, 2020
Gandollar:
You are a bastard son of Ebonyi then.

There are different dialects in Igboland just like in every other places. I'm from owerri and my dialect would be a comic relief in the ears of an Ntezi man. Does that mean owerri language is not Igbo? There's also the central Igbo language used for academic purpose.

Can you compare the unique peculiarities of the Ebonyi spoken Igbo to that of Badagry people in Lagos State?

Ask Yorubas and they will tell you that Badagry language is totally different from Yoruba language but they are still Yorubas!

Ebonyi language in all its uniqueness is more Igbo than Badagry language would ever be Yoruba.
Mind you that Badagry language is not Yoruba and doesn't resemble Yoruba in any way.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Ebonyi People Are Myopic. They Don't Behave Like Igbos - IPOB by Yujin(m): 11:09pm On May 16, 2020
toolovely:

That's because you are not proud of where you come from. I'm from Afikpo and I speak my dialect anywhere.
Do you know that there's a part of Anambra that speak a different dialect from the general Anambra that we know?

When people understand that there are variations in Igbo language, we will keep going over this everyday.

There are no much difference between Abakaliki/Ezza/Izzi dialect from the native Enugu. Most Enugu people adopted Anambra as their dialect but when they speak their native dialect, it sounds more like Abakaliki Ezza Izzi dialect...

For those saying Ebonyi people, there's nothing like Ebonyi people. You don't define a people by a POLITICAL GEOGRAPHICAL area... You define a people by their culture, traditions, etc... In Ebonyi state, there are different people... You have the Afikpos, Ezzas, Izzis, and Ohaozara/Onicha all with different cultures, dialects, traditions. So you can't call them a people. They were brought together by politics.
The Ebonyi north and central was in the old Anambra and Enugu state respectively while Ebonyi South was in old Imo and Old Abia state.
Thanks bro. You know your history and social science very well.
The enemies of Ndigbo here on nairaland are not relenting on putting division among us. We must do the same to them in every way imaginable.
Re: Biafra: Ebonyi People Are Myopic. They Don't Behave Like Igbos - IPOB by Yujin(m): 11:12pm On May 16, 2020
KC031:

How you people reason and generate theories to fan n feed your egos baffles me.
Nsukka and Ebonyi are Tiv people coz they share boundaries with Benue same way you people tell us about Obiano people in Anambra is not true Anambra coz they share boundaries with Kogi people.
Anyway, I lived in Nsukka for over 25 yrs before migrating to Lagos and I categorically tell you that,Nsukka way of life ranging from Marriage rites,burial,beliefs are same with almost every other Igbo town in Igbo Land.
Some of them have surname like Ali,Omeh,Itodo,Idoko but don't forget that back in the days ,Nsukka people traveled more to Benue,Kogi and other Northern states of the country for business, cash crops,and traditional medicine and charm that abounds in Kogi and Benue and common sense should tell you @ the course of this socioeconomic interaction, such name could be adopted.
All Yoruba demons think daily is how to sow confusion in our ranks. We must be vigilant to expose them. We should also go further to do worse to them too.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Ebonyi People Are Myopic. They Don't Behave Like Igbos - IPOB by Gandollar(f): 12:45am On May 17, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
[s][/s]
You coined this yourself. NOTHING like this in Yorubaland. Old Oyo State (Osun n Oyo people) are the one call "araoke(awon ara oke, won se Ila jaburata)" by lagosian because they always have tribal mark. It's even jocularly. Nothing as such in Yorubaland. I've stayed in kwara before
Look at this one, hiss
Re: Biafra: Ebonyi People Are Myopic. They Don't Behave Like Igbos - IPOB by Gandollar(f): 12:48am On May 17, 2020
Yujin:

Mind you that Badagry language is not Yoruba and doesn't resemble Yoruba in any way.
At all at all! Meanwhile, the fool I quoted who calls himself ebonyi1stson is a Yoruba mooslim.
Re: Biafra: Ebonyi People Are Myopic. They Don't Behave Like Igbos - IPOB by ejanla077: 3:10am On May 17, 2020
toolovely:

D guy you quoted is a yorubad muslim with conehead. He is not Igbo..

Thr job here is to feed Google wit bad things about South East and Igbo land. But we re on top of the matter. Na we dey run nairaland...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: Orlu Community Invaded By Army And Police? Photo / Military Presence All Over Lagos... / Cnn’s I-list Heads To Nigeria – As Nigeria Gears Up To Celebrate 50 Years Of Ind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.