Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,433 members, 7,808,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? (26257 Views)

8 Important Things We Can Do When We Pray As Christians. / Please Someone Should Teach Me How To Pray As Catholic / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by KingBaba1(m): 11:34am On May 16, 2020
The scripture says the fervent prayer of the righteous availeth much, and this will want me to know the best way to pray according to the Bible and Christian belief.

1. We all know we are different type of human being and our approach to things differ alot.
We have the cool and calm beings, and also the stubborn and aggressive ones.

I see how pastor Adeboye preaches the gospel and pray in a cool and calm way and there are signs, wonders and testimony to that effect...

I also know some agressive preachers and prayer warriors like pastor Paul Adefarasin, N. duncan Williams and TD jakes.

Now, here is why i am writing this write up.

1. I sometimes feel i am too cool and calm in my prayers hence the delay or no answer i have in my prayer requests to the most high.

2. I believe in strategic form of prayer and i also do fast and pray when seeking the face of the lord on something... I don't usually think i am too cool or calm in prayers not until i started waiting endlessly for results.
If i am in a religious gathering, it depends on the leader of the prayer points and the prayer point itself that will determine my ginger and how aggressive i can be, but i don't see it going too hot or too cool.

3.what could be the delay of prayer request of somones need I feel satisfied inside of me when i pray in my own way and style. I don't really have privacy at the moment, and i am someone who really doesn't like people hearing my prayer point if it isn't in a religious gathering and general prayer.

I was born into Christianity and i served the lord in a church unit, but I will like to ask maybe there are ways i need to start praying that i don't know or practice for effective answers from the lord.

N. B. I know jehova witnesses don't pray loud or aggressive prayer, and i also know some other religious organization that doesn't do aggressive praying too.

So which one is which and how do one pray effective prayer with fasting without being aggressive
Your views and opinion will really help, and i will be more than delighted if u can do that with scripture references.

Thanks

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Justiceleague1: 11:35am On May 16, 2020
All of the above

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by donbachi(m): 11:45am On May 16, 2020
Every challange with him own.

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by EngrMcDon(m): 11:47am On May 16, 2020
Onye na way ya...... Use any method that favours you.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Davash222(m): 11:50am On May 16, 2020
Pray fervently.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by helinues: 12:03pm On May 16, 2020
Meditate

11 Likes

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by thorpido(m): 12:11pm On May 16, 2020
I think the most important thing here is your faith.It is your faith that produces results to your prayer.

You could pray at any 'wavelength'.

165 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by horpeyemmi66(m): 10:00am On May 17, 2020
This reminds me of one deeper life brother I used to know at a place I once went to write an exam. When baba is praying like this ehn, he will be hitting his head on the bed repeatedly with a muffled voice as though someone's strangling him. Sey God deaf ni

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Nobody: 10:00am On May 17, 2020
It depends on what you want from God. If you want protection from evil and to scartter the kingdom of darkness, aggressive prayer is perfect, then for your day to day operation, going in and coming out, calm prayer is okay.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Paperwhite(m): 10:00am On May 17, 2020
Do pray without attracting attention as Jesus Christ taught us.Showmanship is not prayer/praying.

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Raxxye(m): 10:00am On May 17, 2020
Calm but fervent prayers work for me!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Mplify(m): 10:00am On May 17, 2020
As the spirit leads

15 Likes

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by okooloyun1(m): 10:00am On May 17, 2020
In Nigeria your problems determines the way you pray grin grin

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by gamapoy539: 10:01am On May 17, 2020
Praying while sleeping.

1 Like

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by hahn(m): 10:01am On May 17, 2020
Praying in all forms is useless. Don't bother wasting your time

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by SmallmebigGod: 10:01am On May 17, 2020
You just want to trend. The people you are asking are they God that answer prayer

18 Likes

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by ninety5: 10:01am On May 17, 2020
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Tijanee: 10:01am On May 17, 2020
Calm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Nobody: 10:01am On May 17, 2020
No evidence prayer works

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Zico5(m): 10:01am On May 17, 2020
The best is to know your God personally. Whatever the method you adopt to pray is not the way. The only way is to surrender your life to God and pray with clean heart. Only the prayer of the righteous is answered by him.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by 151487made(m): 10:01am On May 17, 2020
Even jesus self pray sweat turn blood

Elijah self bend hin head towards hin yansh to pray

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Nobody: 10:01am On May 17, 2020
Whichever method being employed, we should not be extremists.
Pray however you want, but don't be an hinderance to other people's sanity, comfort and peace of mind.
Reminds me of a former neighbour who wakes me up with her noisy/aggressive supplications.
It was not nice at all.
May God help us all.

10 Likes 1 Share

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Investmentfreak: 10:02am On May 17, 2020
grin

As hunger take beat small pikin reach Na im go determine how pikin go take cry..
Poor man no de call God “lord”

17 Likes

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Jh0wsef(m): 10:02am On May 17, 2020
Hm.
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Jokerman(m): 10:02am On May 17, 2020
Depends on what you are praying for/against

Some prayers need aggressiveness

Some prayers need calm

Some prayers need heart filled cries

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by olivegirl(f): 10:02am On May 17, 2020
Calm prayer
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Bacteriologist(m): 10:02am On May 17, 2020
Prayer is the most ridiculous thing in all religions. Both Christianity and Islam.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Nobody: 10:03am On May 17, 2020
Calm is best. Just check out the pictures: the western nations pray calmly, see how developed they are. While the Africans (Nigerians in particular) pray aggressively, see how backward and impoverished Africans are cheesy

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by koolaid87: 10:03am On May 17, 2020
embarassed
Re: Aggressive, Violent, Cool, Calm, Which Is The Best Way To Pray As A Christian? by Samirana360(m): 10:03am On May 17, 2020
as the spirit leads
....u can be calm while talking to God but aggressive when rebuking the devils cos those bastards have ear problem.....they no dey hear small small

30 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The High Rate Of Immoral Sex Amongst Young People Today / What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince / Throwback Picture Of Adeboye And Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.