Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. (74922 Views)

My Mother Wants To Throw Me Into Bankruptcy / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by blingxx(m): 8:13am On May 17, 2020
chinazaJoshua:
Take my candit advice brother. In the USA parents leaves their children at 18years to fend for themselves. And that's why they end up being great. Major breakthroughs in life and destiny takes place at a point of necessity... You already have a skill that gives you money. Don't depend on her for shelters or foods. Leave her house, but don't hold grudge against her.... Is unusual for mothers to act in such a way. Maybe God wants to use her to bring out the best in you. You can never tell until you look beyond the physical torments. Step out in faith, look for a good friend or relative who can give you shelter now. Tell the person not to give you food that he or she should just provide shelter for you,you will fend for yourself food wise.

Am interested in what you do, especially writing for opera hub. I have interest in writing. How can you connect me to write for them?
My WhatsApp line:09091774327

you are comparing u.s with this hellhole undecided seriously they have students loans ,monthly allowance and employment is not even a problem ..blame the country not the victim
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by muhdolamilekan(m): 8:13am On May 17, 2020
I will advice that you should stay put cuz of your school.. At least she still remain your mother... But pls I would like to learn abt ur skill web design pls can we talk.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by hahn(m): 8:13am On May 17, 2020
samicine:
Greetings one and all. I'll try to make my lamentation as short as possible.

My mother accused me of stealing her 2k, but I assure you, I didn't. The money got missing on Thursday night according to her and my 13 year old brother. I won't do such a thing, because the times are hard and the pandemic is fueling this hard times. I'm not lazy, I kind of work from home, I write for opera news hub and to some extent I get money from there, currently I have 19k in my account. I have no motive of taking her money, but she insists I took it, and is currently threatening to throw me out of the house.

This is not the first time such thing has happened. When I was still in secondary school, money got missing often and she'll blame me, beat me and starve me for stealing her money, but God helped me and the culprit was found, my other brother was caught, he is 18 now and doesn't stay with us anymore. He stays with my dad. She never apologized for what she did and the scars of that emotional and physical abuse still ripples across my body. But this time I'm not sure I will forgive her if the money is found. I'm planning on leaving home and starting my life somewhere, it's hard, it might just be my naivety speaking, but I need your advice.

The only skill I have is writing and web designing, which I'm almost getting good at. I just need help and guidance. I'm a 200level student and I major in psychology. I'll be 21 by November.

Let me not say much about your mom because she is simply a typical African mom.

But this is what I'll say to you.

Number one, you are lucky you have skills and you already know how to earn money. What you should do is to start looking for a one room apartment. You don't need much for now.

With your laptop and phone you should be able to start out on your own. With time you can get a mattress, pot, stove, tv etc.

But there is something more important when you start living on your own. Friends. Have them but NEVER bring them to your house. Friends are okay when you meet on the street but they can quickly be a source of distraction when you bring them too close especially friends of your age.

At that age most of your friends will be just as dumb as you and before you know it you will be drawn away from your goals and into smoking, drinking, womanising and other dumb shit.

Stay away from women. If you must fvck either you find an olosho, bang with a condom, pay and leave or you abstain totally. You can use your konji to workout, build your body, start training boxing or anything related to self defence. Boxing is good for a start.

Make sure your circle, ie your friends, are people that are better than you. Not necessarily older because fools grow up too but people who work, have their own businesses or are doing what you want to do and are already successful at it.

Have an offline business. Make sure the area you pick an apartment doesn't have constant electricity and set up a small phone charging business. That will get you out of the house and get you some prestige in the area and also give you daily income aside from your online business. It can also serve as your office so you can do your online things and have access to constant electricity since you will need to power your gen to attend to your customers.

Remember, no friends and girlfriends. Only people better than you.

Good luck

7 Likes

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by middlebelter(m): 8:14am On May 17, 2020
Here is my own suggestion to you. Don't move out yet, because if you do, you will be exposing yourself to what I call avoidable preying eyes of men that have no good intentions but to satisfy their lusts. Except you know you are capable of resisting lustful advances without compromise.

Secondly, silently, go online to either aliepress, jumia or any online shop and buy a spy camera or fisheye bulb security camera for your house. With N0k you will not only stop this nonsense but silence your mother on such accusations. I am making this suggestion because it is cheaper than going out to feed yourself and pay rent with attendant risks of singles.
Remember, this woman is your mother and you won't want to end relationships with her on a bad note, so, use wisdom. Don't tell them how you got the video of the thief, just show the video to your mother on your phone and let her direct her anger to the right place why you live in peace.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by ODUNEWUWURA(f): 8:15am On May 17, 2020
Some parents are affecting their children psychologically. Imagine your parent using your condition or disability to insult you. I can not be so close and free with my parent no matter how i tried.

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by hahn(m): 8:16am On May 17, 2020
middlebelter:
Here is my own suggestion to you. Don't move out yet, because if you do, you will be exposing yourself to what I call avoidable preying eyes of men that have no good intentions but to satisfy their lusts. Except you know you are capable of resisting lustful advances without compromise.

Secondly, silently, go online to either aliepress, jumia or any online shop and buy a spy camera or fisheye bulb security camera for your house. With N0k you will not only stop this nonsense but silence your mother on such accusations. I am making this suggestion because it is cheaper than going out to feed yourself and pay rent with attendant risks of singles.
Remember, this woman is your mother and you won't want to end relationships with her on a bad note, so, use wisdom. Don't tell them how you got the video of the thief, just show the video to your mother on your phone and let her direct her anger to the right place why you live in peace.

He's a man. Why will men want to satisfy their lists with him?
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by placeofallure(f): 8:17am On May 17, 2020
vanida6:
Shey no be u dey steal money why leave nah,,,if u leave dat means u re guilty,,,,infact why will a grown man like u been stayin in dsam place wit ur mum,,,just pay her 2k back nd find anoda place to enjoy ur life dear
Bravo! Applaud for you! Where in heaven's name does Nairaland get people like you from? Ehn Egbami! Omo 20 years! How many 20 year olds do you see in Nigeria, comfortable enough to rent a place of his own? 20 year olds will be in an institution or still be writing post UME upandan. 20 year olds are under apprenticeship, 20 year olds are lazying about unsure which direction to head. Abi no be our Nigeria again? I'm sure you got your own apartment since when you were 12. Ndi Ara!

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Carloslehder: 8:21am On May 17, 2020
Keep at your development skills in a couple of years you'll be alright. 3 to 4 years tops.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by YorubaLord: 8:25am On May 17, 2020
vanida6:
Shey no be u dey steal money why leave nah,,,if u leave dat means u re guilty,,,,infact why will a grown man like u been stayin in dsam place wit ur mum,,,just pay her 2k back nd find anoda place to enjoy ur life dear

You wonder why guys make a fool out of ladies on here. #Toodumbtobesmart

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Lexusgs430: 8:31am On May 17, 2020
samicine:

My mother accused me of stealing her 2k, but I assure you, I didn't. The money got missing on Thursday night according to her and my 13 year old brother. I won't do such a thing, because the times are hard and the pandemic is fueling this hard times. I'm not lazy, I kind of work from home, I write for opera news hub and to some extent I get money from there, currently I have 19k in my account. I have no motive of taking her money, but she insists I took it, and is currently threatening to throw me out of the house.

This is not the first time such thing has happened. When I was still in secondary school, money got missing often and she'll blame me, beat me and starve me for stealing her money, but God helped me and the culprit was found, my other brother was caught, he is 18 now and doesn't stay with us anymore. He stays with my dad. She never apologized for what she did and the scars of that emotional and physical abuse still ripples across my body. But this time I'm not sure I will forgive her if the money is found. I'm planning on leaving home and starting my life somewhere, it's hard, it might just be my naivety speaking, but I need your advice.

The only skill I have is writing and web designing, which I'm almost getting good at. I just need help and guidance. I'm a 200level student and I major in psychology. I'll be 21 by November.

Move in with your cousin's or closest family members (till things even out)......

She is probably laying some sort of frustration on you (seems like a failed marriage situation).........

As a psychology student, you should know this things........

2 Likes

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by blingxx(m): 8:32am On May 17, 2020
chinazaJoshua:
Take my candit advice brother. In the USA parents leaves their children at 18years to fend for themselves. And that's why they end up being great. Major breakthroughs in life and destiny takes place at a point of necessity... You already have a skill that gives you money. Don't depend on her for shelters or foods. Leave her house, but don't hold grudge against her.... Is unusual for mothers to act in such a way. Maybe God wants to use her to bring out the best in you. You can never tell until you look beyond the physical torments. Step out in faith, look for a good friend or relative who can give you shelter now. Tell the person not to give you food that he or she should just provide shelter for you,you will fend for yourself food wise.

Am interested in what you do, especially writing for opera hub. I have interest in writing. How can you connect me to write for them?
My WhatsApp line:09091774327

you are comparing u.s with this hellhole undecided a country that grant students loans ,monthly allowance and employment is not even a problem ..blame the country not the victim
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by dominique(f): 8:33am On May 17, 2020
Parents having kids because they expect the kids to grow up and start taking care of them needs to have their heads examined. Most of them are the ones pushing their kids into crime and prostitution when they start tabling demands on kids that are barely out of their teens.

Op should stop writing for peanuts on Opera news and register in a foreign freelancing platform like fiver or upwork as a content writer and web designer. He'll make a while lot more there that will enable him stand on his feet faster.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by newdawn2017(f): 8:33am On May 17, 2020
BigJoe19:
Donate your mother as Covid-19 relieve fund, any woman that cannot believe her child is a nuisance to the society.

With your explanation your mum is single, she and your dad don't stay together anymore, I hope you have noticed that since your dad left your mum his life has been better, I advise you do same. A man that dwells with a toxic and bitter woman would never become great.

Find a group of trusted friends and stay with, hustle day and night, make your family proud.

Good luck.
Which family? That toxic mother & d 13yr old golden child brother shocked d only family she got to make proud there is her self undecided what d mother sowing she will reap surely. Op drop me ur ig handle let me contact u & help u.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by blingxx(m): 8:38am On May 17, 2020
samicine:

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Damfostopper(m): 8:39am On May 17, 2020
vanida6:
it is a pity that as ur menstruating..... ur also menstruating ur sense away...... and ur relatives are looking forward to benefiting from you..... #spits on you

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by blingxx(m): 8:45am On May 17, 2020
samicine:

how much do you give your mom out of your earning every month ? ..you know what ,just close eye give her 3k out of the 19k you have in your account

meanwhile I'm interested in your skill tho I would like contact you ..wa09017838687
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Realiskit(m): 8:50am On May 17, 2020
Let's be realistic here. A 20 year old African man won't survive staying alone. African countries, Nigeria for example is not designed to support a teenager living alone unlike the Western world. Imagine, he only has 19k in his account and he is a level 200, student. How do you think he will succeed leaving their family house to stay alone?
Only the common free food from his mom will consume that his 19k in a few months if he is to stay on his own.

My advice to him is to make peace with his mom and hustle more. He also has good skill sets in high demand in this our generation. He should maximize them. Content writing and web design is a hot cake, let him use his skills to their fullest. Freelancing job are plenty over internet.

Leaving now would be dangerous for him. Challenges out there will definitely distract him from utilizing his skill sets and focusing on his education.
In summary, make peace with your mom and pray for her too. It is not easy being single mom. And by extension, also remember extend your prayers to reunion of your mom and dad.

All the best Bro!

vanida6:
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by maazi45: 8:51am On May 17, 2020
guy ya mate abroad are independent just use am as motivation.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by CORRECTMAN78(m): 9:00am On May 17, 2020
vanida6:

Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Elite14(m): 9:01am On May 17, 2020
konchesky01:
You have 19k in your account.
Please do giveaway nw

Kuku kill me grin grin grin
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by onulakak(m): 9:06am On May 17, 2020
samicine:

Bro I will advice you remain with your mum, have patience until you finish your studies. Are you a signed writer on opera hub?
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by pateffy: 9:06am On May 17, 2020
Decsix:
SCAM ALERT- Fake Acess Bank CC by Decsix ( m ): 10:21pm
I wish to report this username Pateffy's who sent me a mail through
my nairaland account. so i checked my mail. i saw mail sent to my
yahoo account that have my access bank acount details. immediately
a confirmation message was sent to my phone with a code. i got a
call from a number 07040502553 claiming to be access bank
customer care demanding for the code that was sent to me. telling
me stories of how someone is trying to login into my account. i
suspected scam and cut the call. he called me several times. i didnt
pick. so my true caller got the above name Pateffy's from facebook id
as the caller. kindly Investigate this guy and punish him duly to save
other nairalanders of falling into the guy sinister act. Thanks.
Supermod help push to front page to prevent other Good hearted
Nairalanders from Fall Prey to this sinister acts.
Beware of PATEFFY'S

Some people are so quick to judge, please my account has just been hacked it is not me. Some one is trying to get money from you by hacking my account it is not me o. Decsix I just called you do the needful.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by ify23ng: 9:07am On May 17, 2020
Leaving your mother's house to stay alone or with friends is not what you need now. The truth is what ever she is doing to you now will only make you stronger in life. be of good behavior and be very respectful to her. double your hustle but please don't ever think of leaving home.

Please don't leave home it is not very easy out there.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by membranus: 9:09am On May 17, 2020
Davash222:
Let her threats always be a motivation for you to get your own apartment so you can move out.

These are one of the techniques African mothers use to ostracize the spirit of laziness in their sons. No too reason am.

God bless all mothers.

Not all mothers will receive blessings, there are wicked mothers everywhere, and they will receive curse.

There are mothers that hate one of their children for one reason or another not due to that child's fault. I have seen a mother that told her son, I don't like you since it is because I mistakenly got pregnant of you that made me marry your father. Why is that the son's fault?.

The mother cited here is one of those wicked mother.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Ytea(f): 9:12am On May 17, 2020
Op, sorry about the situation with your mom but I need to tell you that news hub news are disasters, from wrong headlines to fake news, to malicious insinuations. I'm working towards suing the organisation, I have receipts.

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by newdawn2017(f): 9:13am On May 17, 2020
samicine:

op pls drop me ur ig
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Omoslim26: 9:13am On May 17, 2020
well if you are part of those useless children causing nuisance here on this forum with ipob this afonja that Igbo dis conehead that your mom should send you out so wen you go out there and hustle you will know that life does not ends with likes shares and mentions on nairaland

but if you are not

stay with your mom have a plan be focused don't try to leave home because others are doing so
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by newdawn2017(f): 9:16am On May 17, 2020
budaatum:
You have a lifetime ahead of you to be thinking of forgiving her or not. But forgiving her is for your benefit, as unforgiveness is like a cancer in the heart of the unforgiver. You spend plenty resource remembering not to forgive and it slowly eats you up.

Leave and go find somewhere else to live. You will survive this and more. And read up on the psychology of unforgiveness.
That's a lie. Unforgivness doesn't eat u any up. U simply cut such a person off. Do worrying or carrying if they live or die, even if they re dying slowly painfully right B4 ur eyes. undecided
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by membranus: 9:19am On May 17, 2020
seanwilliam:
una go dey talk as if una sabi everything.. see, to be Frank, there is no way a 20 years old will be financially buoyant without doing fraud or dubious stuffs in this present nigeria. . He no dey easy atall to be financially stable without support at tha age..so there is nothing bad if he still dey chop mama food at that age..and besides the guy no lazy. Na ur type go make person do wetin e no one do..
If you no come from wealthy family, e harddddd!..

And to the op, u better chop the insult wellwell till you go dey ready financially and psychologically.. and besides we never hear your mama side of story... u self fit be one kind stubborn boy but your mum took it far..

Husle, buy wetin boy suppose get for house.. now husle another money wey fit sustain you ( after rent) close to 6 months..

And you self, dey drop small small change for your mama.. like 3k, 5k.. make she dey use am hold body.. u see all those small small money dey count.. even u fit just wake up in the money and hand over 5h to her..

Na the way God wire all women .. they love money. but dey love it differently...
No go think of staying with your friends if you are not financially capable because you might not be able to deal with peer pressure..

My mama no fit tell me da talk , she no say me na agbero.. grin but I dey do normal for her sha.
No be everyone go survive moving out early abeg
Me na one leg for house, one leg outside, she respect me no be small..

My bro, na you talk sense pass.

God Bless you.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by EmmySparky(m): 9:20am On May 17, 2020
vanida6:
what are u saying...21 yr old is not too old to live with his parents
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by rolex05: 9:23am On May 17, 2020
Be encourage!!! If throughly you know nothing about the stealing. Feel free my brother such is life. Your mother is only making you to be strong, and as well be independent of your own. Don't be dispair and disappoint rather cheer up and continue to fight the battle of life. Wish you the best in life. Just be good.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by MXray: 9:23am On May 17, 2020
I feel for this guy. Nothing annoys one more than being accused wrongly...

My elder sister once accused me of killing her agric fowl and hiding the dead chicken under an iron drum those days when I was living with her, in 2004, all because I was the one that discovered the dead chicken...

It made me so mad.

Why would I even do that?

My guy, you have to be patient though...

If she disturbs you too much, pay her the money and add extra 1K on top...

Since you have 19K...

That would let her know that you're not a push over.

I remember having a quarrel with my mom... I was so angry, I left the house and went to hustle in PH with my friend in 2015... We were waiting for service then.

Guess what happened when I came back, the old woman was not feeling strong...

I didn't want to forgive her, but I did, and then took her to get a proper medical attention...

A day later, I left the house for service...

Everyone is good now...

The thing, is that you must assert respect, be it from your mom or siblings, you have to make them respect you...

At 20 you're ready to make your voice heard.

Don't leave the house though, if you don't have a proper support system now.

I want you to stand up and make your mom respect you...

It's not by talking back at her...

It's by making your actions do your talking for you.

Become an alpha male.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Housewife Caught Having Sex With Lover, Fined N50,000 / South African Woman Poisons Her Private Part To Kill Cheating Husband (pic) / Oyo Landlord’s Skeleton Found In His Room 4 Years After He Was Last Seen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.