Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,903 members, 7,806,640 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) (61827 Views)

Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? / Help I'm Loosing My Mind / Please Advice Me On My Family Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Nobody: 9:05am On May 18, 2020
LordKO:
Your mother's character perfectly typifies that of a brilliant but unintelligent narcissist who adheres to organized religion.

Meanwhile, your father is obviously a victim of his own failed leadership at home - servility is as bad as subjugation, conscientiousness is gold. He used servility to sustain his relationship with your mother from the inception, so he's reaping the rotten fruits of his servile actions and inactions. Once one allows and enables their partner to exercise their liberty on the periphery of decorum, they'll definitely become a victim of their crass and expedient actions some day.

Anyway, you and your sisters who care for him should make effort to find him, relocate him somewhere and rehabilitate him formally or informally. Once he regains his sanity, encourage him to take to carefreeness.
You just came to show grammar. No offense

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by chilan: 9:10am On May 18, 2020
You, your dad and your sisters need to get a restraining order against your little brother and your mum. Your brother or your mum has no right to debar you or your sisters from coming to your father's house. That house is not theirs. That is the position of the law.

Ope88:
Please don't read and pass, also Pardon all my typo, I'm typing out of duress.

I am from a family of six, 3 girls, 1 boy including my parents.
I had a horrible childhood experience, My Mum (no thanks to her) was something I can't quantify, I can't start writing every of the things she did and I can't say If the religion she practiced contributed largely to the devilish attitude she put up while growing up.

My mum has no good record anywhere, in the church, with the neighbours, with her siblings, we the children, her in laws and even at work, She was always at war with people, if she dreams that someone was trying to attack her in the dream, if she sees the person the following day, she was ready to attack the person.

Also, she would curse her children at any slightest provocation and leave only my brother out(last born and spoilt), She doesn't have any good relationship with her siblings and won't allow my dad visit his family member, I remembered them (Mum and dad) always saying this (don't be unequally yoked together with unbelievers). To them anyone who isn't a Christian (deeper life) is not supposed to be associated with.. My dad on countless occasion will call his mum a witch just because she was a Muslim and one of the oloyes of allasalatu(Muslims will understand this) and had nothing to do with his family members.

This went on and on like this until my elder sister moved out of the house and in the process of trying to find her feet, she got pregnant and my mom practically tormented her life, she later got married to the man, and for that act alone, she's always at logger heads with my sister and her husband..

Later, I got married and then my younger sister followed suit, leaving my dad, herself and my younger brother (whom I have disowned).

Ever since the three of us got happily married, and left the home, my dad slipped into severe depression. Although he has been depressed given lots of things he encountered, job loss, no social interaction, unforgiveness amongst others, it became severe when all his female children left, then from severe depressgion, he started having mental issues, he would wake up and leave the house talking to himself, or start preaching and going out of point with anyone he finds on the street, sometimes he would leave and come home at night, my younger brother who is supposed to comfort and help him, treats him with disdain, my mum who is supposed to check mate his excesses would leave him to his folly and now he has started standing up to her and everyone else in the house..

At 26, he doesn't know his bearing and obviously we have been seeing signs of him wanting to inherit the houses my father built in the same compound.. (and we have noticed that my mum has been making him understand that every of the property belongs to him).

The last straw which broke the camel's back happened one week ago, my elder sister ( who is 9 year older than him) took advantage of the lockdown and visited my father, he is usually exited when we are around him whc helps his severe moodiness. There and then an argument broke out between my sister and my brother, she asked why my brother was insulting our mum for an action that happened in the compound, he beat my sister up and her three children and boasted that, the rest of us (my sister and I) dare not do anything and that by the way we must stop coming to the house, that if he sees any of us He will beat us up, My mum who was supposed to resolve the matter started blaming my sister, asking her why she always love to come visiting, that she's supposed to be in her husband's house or father in laws place and immediately called her hubby to come pick her.

Its been one week my sister left for her house, my daddy who enjoyed her company when she was present started misbehaving again at home. He started roaming, he started cursing everyone.

The reason I'm writing is this, my dad is no where to be found, he left the house yesterday Friday 15th May 2020 and was last seen in ITAMAGA IKORODU, we keep trying his number but he is not picking and now his number is switched off, I'm sure he is still wandering about.

My sisters and I have decided that even when he is found(by God's grace) we do not what him to go back living with my mum and brother.

What other alternatives do we have to care for him, as his own siblings are not happy with him either for abandoning them and their mum (his own mum),, when they needed him the most..

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LONG POST.. PLEASE HELP ME.

Modified..... My dad has been found today Sunday, 17th May 2020, my sweet mother (elder sister) found her, she has been on her feet since he went missing, luckily he was found but in a terrible state, I saw him via video calls and I wept, he can't recognize even my sister again, and just muttering some words we don't understand, he closes his eyes while saying this and asked everyone to go and leave him, he looks so faint and weak and would not leave where he his...My sister has called his siblings and she's waiting for the next line of ACTION from them.

I'll keep updating the house with reports from our end..

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by geosegun(m): 9:10am On May 18, 2020
Kenturkey048:
You are just writing an article for no reason,,meddling within same circle..

The way you design your life,its your personal choice and not related to any religious organisation you decide to hang around..

I showed a similar trait of what? Branding my mama wey suffer for me witch or what??

I can never be an extremist sir/ma..As a man if you act weak irrespective of your religious affiliation,you go surely end up where the OPs father ended up...I don't want to know the church you previously or presently attend..,,most women are witch ,if you give a woman the chance to make crucial and logical decisions for you,She is gonna ruin your world...I speak from proper reasoning and what I learn from environment to arrive at my conclusion .

My own be say always be the man,,Never allow a woman to make important decisions for you.... Stupidity shouldn't be mistaken for gentility...I have seen so many highly principled gentle men..

And I have seen so many gentle useless men without balls....Their wives remote them around like dundee. So me I don't know why you wrote those plenty things after I made my point clear..

If you give a woman a chance,she misuses it,hence my conclusion of most women being witch and so many balless men like the dude on a tread down there scolding his mum for a useless girlfriend.....

This comment “ The position you place women matters a lot because most of them na witch.....i'm not married ooh,but from dating,I have learnt a lot...women na witch ,if you give them chance,them go ruin your life....You have to always be the man to keep on fit...“

That’s why I wrote the epistle so you can change the notion that most women are bitches? I think your position as been made clearer. All the best in you future endeavours, young man.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by atoleybaba(m): 9:10am On May 18, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

@Bolded. cheesy We're saying the same thing. You’re the one presupposing prayers result in miracles all the time!
Lots of times, it just opens your eyes of understanding in what you need to do. You’ll still be the one to put in the work.
Then if God wishes to make a miracle of the situation, so be it.
you were saying it like that is what she should focus on doing the most....mind you, praying doesn't necessarily mean you should lock yourself indoor and do 24hrs prayer non stop. No she can make a quick silent prayer before making a decision. Just like Nehemiah In the Bible who made a quick short prayer when he approached the king and wanted to ask for permission to go rebuild the wall of Jerusalem.
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Kenturkey048(m): 9:13am On May 18, 2020
geosegun:

This comment “ The position you place women matters a lot because most of them na witch.....i'm not married ooh,but from dating,I have learnt a lot...women na witch ,if you give them chance,them go ruin your life....You have to always be the man to keep on fit...“

That’s why I wrote the epistle so you can change the notion that most women are bitches? I think your position as been made clearer. All the best in you future endeavours, young man.
Thank you sir....
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:29am On May 18, 2020
atoleybaba:
you were saying it like that is what she should focus on doing the most....mind you, praying doesn't necessarily mean you should lock yourself indoor and do 24hrs prayer non stop. No she can make a quick silent prayer before making a decision. Just like Nehemiah In the Bible who made a quick short prayer when he approached the king and wanted to ask for permission to go rebuild the wall of Jerusalem.

I didn’t make anything sound like anything. You made your inferences all by yourself. cheesy
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Blakjewelry(m): 9:39am On May 18, 2020
Ope88:

They all know her attitude, she just goes to church, worships and lives, she practically lives in isolation with only few people she talks to, she doesn't even talk to me but she does to my husband... I have asked my husband if my daddy can come leave with us, he said no problem, but yoruba sees it as a taboo, given that I'm not a boy and that he also built his house, and that people will ask why my mum can't take care of him.
I think you guys should try talking to his folks, I mean your dad's and settle things so he can live in the village then you guys can try and visit as much as you can
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by victorjoe(m): 9:39am On May 18, 2020
I know of a similar story like this one. I truly loved what the man did. He sold everything he had in town without the knowledge of the kids and relocated to another part of town and married a small girl

He was operating from the new house and his village till he died. Those ungrateful kids got nothing.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by atoleybaba(m): 9:42am On May 18, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

I didn’t make anything sound like anything. You made your inferences all by yourself. cheesy
ok then...my apologies

1 Like

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by dantrillion: 9:47am On May 18, 2020
Ope88:

I had a horrible childhood experience, My Mum (no thanks to her) was something I can't quantify, I can't start writing every of the things she did and I can't say If the religion she practiced contributed largely to the devilish attitude she put up while growing up.

My mum has no good record anywhere, in the church, with the neighbours, with her siblings, we the children, her in laws and even at work, She was always at war with people, if she dreams that someone was trying to attack her in the dream, if she sees the person the following day, she was ready to attack the person.

Also, she would curse her children at any slightest provocation and leave only my brother out(last born and spoilt), She doesn't have any good relationship with her siblings and won't allow my dad visit his family member, I remembered them (Mum and dad) always saying this (don't be unequally yoked together with unbelievers). To them anyone who isn't a Christian (deeper life) is not supposed to be associated with.. My dad on countless occasion will call his mum a witch just because she was a Muslim and one of the oloyes of allasalatu(Muslims will understand this) and had nothing to do with his family members.

This went on and on like this until my elder sister moved out of the house and in the process of trying to find her feet, she got pregnant and my mom practically tormented her life, she later got married to the man, and for that act alone, she's always at logger heads with my sister and her husband..

Later, I got married and then my younger sister followed suit, leaving my dad, herself and my younger brother (whom I have disowned).

Ever since the three of us got happily married, and left the home, my dad slipped into severe depression. Although he has been depressed given lots of things he encountered, job loss, no social interaction, unforgiveness amongst others, it became severe when all his female children left, then from severe depressgion, he started having mental issues, he would wake up and leave the house talking to himself, or start preaching and going out of point with anyone he finds on the street, sometimes he would leave and come home at night, my younger brother who is supposed to comfort and help him, treats him with disdain, my mum who is supposed to check mate his excesses would leave him to his folly and now he has started standing up to her and everyone else in the house..

At 26, he doesn't know his bearing and obviously we have been seeing signs of him wanting to inherit the houses my father built in the same compound.. (and we have noticed that my mum has been making him understand that every of the property belongs to him).

The last straw which broke the camel's back happened one week ago, my elder sister ( who is 9 year older than him) took advantage of the lockdown and visited my father, he is usually exited when we are around him whc helps his severe moodiness. There and then an argument broke out between my sister and my brother, she asked why my brother was insulting our mum for an action that happened in the compound, he beat my sister up and her three children and boasted that, the rest of us (my sister and I) dare not do anything and that by the way we must stop coming to the house, that if he sees any of us He will beat us up, My mum who was supposed to resolve the matter started blaming my sister, asking her why she always love to come visiting, that she's supposed to be in her husband's house or father in laws place and immediately called her hubby to come pick her.

Its been one week my sister left for her house, my daddy who enjoyed her company when she was present started misbehaving again at home. He started roaming, he started cursing everyone.

The reason I'm writing is this, my dad is no where to be found, he left the house yesterday Friday 15th May 2020 and was last seen in ITAMAGA IKORODU, we keep trying his number but he is not picking and now his number is switched off, I'm sure he is still wandering about.

My sisters and I have decided that even when he is found(by God's grace) we do not what him to go back living with my mum and brother.

What other alternatives do we have to care for him, as his own siblings are not happy with him either for abandoning them and their mum (his own mum),, when they needed him the most..

Modified..... My dad has been found today Sunday, 17th May 2020, my sweet mother (elder sister) found her, she has been on her feet since he went missing, luckily he was found but in a terrible state, I saw him via video calls and I wept, he can't recognize even my sister again, and just muttering some words we don't understand, he closes his eyes while saying this and asked everyone to go and leave him, he looks so faint and weak and would not leave where he his...My sister has called his siblings and she's waiting for the next line of ACTION from them.

From my observations after reading your long story, the DNA of dat your spoilt young brother should be question.... i suspect sumthing fishy & only ur mum might know the answers to it

1 Like

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by godwon01(m): 9:54am On May 18, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
I just hate reading people apologizing for their so-called typos or wrong grammar and sentence.

Is English your mother tongue?

How may Oyinbo sabi speak and write Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa?
No need to apologize for anybody. This is a serious family problem which is very rampant in Africa. We need to sympathize with her and ignored all her short coming . The message was very clear to digest. It is a very serious matter. May our Lord Jesus Christ intervene quickly. The family will come out from the problems IJN. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by gloryfidedesign(m): 9:56am On May 18, 2020
My beloved sister God will heal your Family in the name of the Living God His Holiness Olumba Olumba Obu stay in peace.
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by SweetCunt97(f): 10:04am On May 18, 2020
explosiveskull:

With this kind username and profile pic, timebomb
Don't worry, our meeting won't b from this platform.

What's wrong with my profile picture? Zero tolerance to rapists
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by maimota(f): 10:09am On May 18, 2020
I noticed that, most religion extremists and fanatics ends up with mental issues or been depressed. They also cause disunity amongst family members, my uncle's wife attends MFM , she doesn't allow her children to relate with us ,she sees everyone has witches or wizards meanwhile evil things keep happening to she and her children alone.
My sister, your dad needs a psychiatrist, he should be taken to a psychiatric hospital please this is not a church thing, he urgently needs a psychiatric doctor to help restore his sanity please.
As for your brother, he should be arrested and thought a lesson before he goes for counselling, else he will sale the house and even send your mum packing.
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Ladyvixen: 10:27am On May 18, 2020
This is serious.. The best thing to do is that you guys should care for your dad, so he gets better.. Depression at his age isn't funny and let him write his will already
For your brother (last born for that matter), stay clear off, nobody knows what else he's capable of doing next time..
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Ope88(f): 10:28am On May 18, 2020
dantrillion:

From my observations after reading your long story, the DNA of dat your spoilt young brother should be question.... i suspect sumthing fishy & only ur mum might know the answers to it

LOL... No he looks so much like me.. And both of us look like my father, while my other two sisters look like my mother... He is truly my father's son, but a very spoilt boy.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Drizzy5001(m): 10:28am On May 18, 2020
Nawa o , thank God he was found , I pray things get better.
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Nobody: 10:30am On May 18, 2020
The biggest battle to facebin life lies with family.
It can make or mar you.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Octopusssy(f): 10:33am On May 18, 2020
Ope88:
UPDATE ON THE ISSUE..
I Called my aunt who my dad had abandoned for years, she responded fast to the calls and made way to where he was crying and wailing, her grandchild picked them in the car and they drove to her place.
My sister and Dad are presently at his younger sister's place somewhere in Lagos, So tomorrow, the rest siblings will be present to take a final decision on the matter...
Prior to this, my sister who had not set her eyes on my brother since he beat her said today he was also at the scene ( mum asked him to come pick dad up but wasn't released to him), was rolling on the floor and in tears crying, apologizing for all that he had done, she said she was stunned, because this same boy kept malice with my younger sister who is her immediate for a period of 8 months, they started talking when we marked our dad's 70years birthday, and he was even begged to talk to her...
My elder sister said he's forgiven her but I'll not say a word on the matter..

And for those who said I should be with them, I sincerely would have been with dem but for the lockdown, interstate movement isn't allowed..

Goodnight everyone.

Sleep well and continue to stay safe.
Keep your Dad away from the places that trigger his episodes for at least 6 months so he can recover and get himself back o.
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by bamirotola: 10:38am On May 18, 2020
Ope88:

I think you should ask your mum who your real father is ... The last could be your fathers only son... Thinkin out loud tho...

Leave your younger brother and your mum to live their life, they will come back begging you , take your dad to custody and take good care of him... I am sure your dad must have done his will with his lawyer... Confirm that from him and get hold of the original documents...

A whole lot of people in the world focus on women as weakling and undertaking their devilish nature , not knowing they are the real devil... Larger percentage of domestic , physical and mental abuse comes from them..

Pleas young guys about getting married, avoid all these deeper life or Christian extremist.. Or let me put religious extremist... They are saddist, and can kill in cold blood... I know of a deeper life woman like d's too... Though not all depper life are like that..

Ladies in all your doing , think about the nearest future, don't allow your anger or emotional rush to trade your future with d present...

And OP God will bless you and your siblings, take care of your dad, and leave dem two to themaelves , don't send them money or visit them.. Let them,live in thier wild world alone...

We won't marry wrongly ooo

1 Like

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by CandidNotes: 10:57am On May 18, 2020
Your Dad is showing classic signs of dementia, it is fairly common amongst old people. Take him to a Teaching Hospital for assessment.
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by ledaman: 11:07am On May 18, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
I just hate reading people apologizing for their so-called typos or wrong grammar and sentence.

Is English your mother tongue?

How may Oyinbo sabi speak and write Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa?
Go n sit down, Proffer solution you dey yarn trash! undecided
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by KNOWMORE56: 11:11am On May 18, 2020
Ope88:

If he were your brother, ull do worse, given all the countless things he has done in the past... I can't write all...

Please let me know what the church is doing or saying in this matter.
And 2ndly, which church do you attend now?
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Venbobo: 11:14am On May 18, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
Ope88, I hope you find your dad and take him home with you.as for that your broda,there are many security agencies that are looking for his kind,report him to them so they can knack sense back into his brain. As for your mum,try reporting her to the head of the place she worships maybe they can help her.

grin grin
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Sososo(f): 11:16am On May 18, 2020
Ope88:

thank God. you guys should make sure he is well taken care of
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:30am On May 18, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
Ope88
You girls should take care of your father until his sanity is restored to a good state

After that, he should get a good lawyer and he should write his will.

Your brat brother has gone out of control.
If he doesn't kill him las las, he'll kill both of your parents...
or kill the sisters sef if he has the chance
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Ope88(f): 11:46am On May 18, 2020
Gloriagee:
Your bro is most likely on drugs. You guys should not leave the decision making to his siblings. He needs medical attention urgently n God bless your elder sister...she's a rare gem.

Yes ooo,she's a beautiful woman with an heart of gold.. May God continue to keep her for me..
We are working to ensuring he gets all the medical attention he needs, and I just do hope he gets his sanity restored at least a bit.... My elder sister is with him now in his own sister's house, he will likely be staying with me after visiting the hospital to get all necessary medical ATTENTION he needs

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Gloriagee(f): 11:54am On May 18, 2020
Bless you dear Ope. You are sowing good seeds and will definitely reap the fruit of your labour IJN.

Something else y'all can consider doing when all this is over is getting a nurse or companion to keep an eye on him. Welldone.

Ope88:

Yes ooo,she's a beautiful woman with an heart of gold.. May God continue to keep her for me..
We are working to ensuring he gets all the medical attention he needs, and I just do hope he gets his sanity restored at least a bit.... My elder sister is with him now in his own sister's house, he will likely be staying with me after visiting the hospital to get all necessary medical ATTENTION he needs

1 Like

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Ope88(f): 12:12pm On May 18, 2020
Adgideon:
My i condole with you and my prayers goesvto ur dad, but my friend you no try instead of coming here u should be with ur sister helping ur dad, ur duster aline can't help her 4get about updating us go help ur sister take care of ur dad

Everything is under control.....

He is with his sister... The family he abandoned for his wife, religion and heaven... They all welcomed him with love, recalling how nice he was to them until he found religion and married my mum..... Lots of things were said that I can't say here.. But we thank God everything is under control now...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by Fejimummy: 12:21pm On May 18, 2020
please your dad is suffering from schizophrenia which is mostly triggered by depression he needs medical attention not only prayers the situation can be managed with drugs and please take him away from your mum because if he suffers a relapse it would be hard for him to recover but if his suffering from dementia due to old age it may hard for him to remember any of you like I said please take him to hospital
Re: Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) by cybriz82(m): 12:36pm On May 18, 2020
Ope88:

E dn do abeg no ansa anybody just try n take care of dad until everything is back to normal..

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Lady Who Felt She Is Too Pretty Recalls How It Almost Destroyed Her Marriage / Priscilla Emasoga Buys 2 Cars For Her Parents (Pictures) / Nigerian Lady Advises Married Men To Have Regular Sex With Wives To Stop Nagging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.