Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,858 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 (95783 Views)

Buhari’s Impeachment: You Are Wasting Your Time - Femi Adesina Tells Senators / Garba Shehu Reacts To Ibrahim Gambari's Appointment As Chief Of Staff / General Buhari And Ibrahim Gambari In 1984 (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by Exc2000: 2:04pm On May 17, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Wrong!! I wasn't talking about Saraki's case with EFCC. Oyo-Ita is not retired. She was sacked and has a case with EFCC over some estacodes when she was a perm sec in one of the ministries. Seems you missed that bit of news.

That aside, i'm sure you agree, that, all the aforementioned had issues with the CoS and lost out including the first lady. Even Adesina alluded to the CoS's powers in the article he wrote for him. I already referred you to the link you pasted and more importantly now, since you claim that is in the US, I refer you to Buhari telling his ministers to report to Abba Kyari, the CoS. I'm sure no minister reports to Femi Adesina and of course ministers are of higher rank than special advisers or assistants. Even the service chiefs took orders from him as wailed by the NSA in his letters.

You may say the powers are given to that office by Buhari and you will be correct but i'm sure you'll also agree that Gambari is also coming to work in that same environment which seems to heavily favour his office. From all indications, Buhari does not look ready to change that configuration. Gambari is highly educated like Kyari which suggests that Buhari looks to compliment his mental deficiencies with that of the occupier of that office whose other attributes must be loyalty without equivocation and, seeing how Gambari performed fantastically with an Abacha, he seems to be a very loyal dog.

i'll google the estacode probe of for head of service,

well I agree with you in parts, Buhari is a smart dude who use the brainy guys to achieve his goal while using their loyalty to keep them silent and he forms saint, he did this with his Military ADC in the 80s Major Mustapha Jokolo did a lot of dirty work which he was blamed for unknown he was only carrying out orders, same way Tunde Idiagbon was the brain behind the anti corruption success of the the 80s, he was a bright student before joining army and after joining army he aced all his exams, he neither womanise like buhari or drink like the likes of abacha, buhari insisted on him to be the 2ic even when he was a junior rank to IBB the army Chief of Staff, every effort of anti corruption idiagbon achieved got attributed to buhari while or negatives stick to idiagbon (same thing they tried with osinbajo),

so what am saying is, Abba kyari was not calling the shots, he never called any shots nor was he powerful he strictly acted on orders of buhari and Buhari's nephew Mahman and his money guy Isa funtua(just has adenuga was ibb's money guy)..

Thinking a Chief od Staff holds a super power is just an illusion used to protect the President's imag

Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by senatepresido: 2:08pm On May 17, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Femi Adesina accused Gambari of bootlicking then due to the position Gambari occupied then.
Femi Adesina is now in the position to boot lick the same Gambari.
Will Femi Adesina resign the post or resign to fate bootlicking Gambari?

Yahoo ni babalawo
Ole ni everybody
Eni ile mo ba sa ni barawo
- Naira Marley (2019)

Though I’m not a fan and not a marlian, but he has said the very fact about we Nigerians.
Please I am a Benin man, please can you explain what those words means in English?
Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by CioAngels(f): 2:09pm On May 17, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
Nigeria keeps going round in circles

In a sane clime, Femi Adesina would have resigned when Gambari was appointed

But hunger currently ravaging the country which they fail to admit will not let him

In Nigeria, honesty ends where money starts!!!

Femi Adesina is a perfect example

No, Femi Adesina's case is hunger but greed. A man who has stashed million dollar in American bank should resign honorably if he has any.

2 Likes

Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by TheAlchemist: 2:10pm On May 17, 2020
Femi Adesina is simply what they call “Amala journalist”.

1 Like

Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by senatepresido: 2:21pm On May 17, 2020
omonnakoda:
Fulani don't forgive?
What a foolish and cowardly thing to say.

What is the big deal about Fulani?
Na who come dey forgive?
They take as if there's anything special about the Fulanis
Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by Bimpe29: 2:22pm On May 17, 2020
Internet is a spoiler.

1 Like

Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by omonnakoda: 2:25pm On May 17, 2020
senatepresido:

They take as if there's anything special about the Fulanis

The main issue that terrorises most people is they don't know where the Fulani keep their women,children and old people.
Once that information is available for within and outside Nigeria and shared TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN then they will learn no one has a monopoly of not forgiving

They are essentially cowards that specialize in killing defenceless villagers at night. Everyone can do that ,even better than they. The main thing is to realise that they are fair game inside and outside of Nigeria all over West Africa .

They don't have the numbers to survive what they unleash

https://www.nairaland.com/3691880/where-fulani-keep-women-children

1 Like

Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:33pm On May 17, 2020
Exc2000:

i'll google the estacode probe of for head of service,

well I agree with you in parts, Buhari is a smart dude who use the brainy guys to achieve his goal while using their loyalty to keep them silent and he forms saint, he did this with his Military ADC in the 80s Major Mustapha Jokolo did a lot of dirty work which he was blamed for unknown he was only carrying out orders, same way Tunde Idiagbon was the brain behind the anti corruption success of the the 80s, he was a bright student before joining army and after joining army he aced all his exams, he neither womanise like buhari or drink like the likes of abacha, buhari insisted on him to be the 2ic even when he was a junior rank to IBB the army Chief of Staff, every effort of anti corruption idiagbon achieved got attributed to buhari while or negatives stick to idiagbon (same thing they tried with osinbajo),

so what am saying is, Abba kyari was not calling the shots, he never called any shots nor was he powerful he strictly acted on orders of buhari and Buhari's nephew Mahman and his money guy Isa funtua(just has adenuga was ibb's money guy)..

Thinking a Chief od Staff holds a super power is just an illusion used to protect the President's imag

Let's not forget what we're talking about here: Is the chief of staff same rank as a special adviser in the presidency and more particularly, can the CoS in this Buhari admin, make life difficult for Femi Adesina and ultimately end his job there?

For the first question, here is what is written on the state house website: "The Office of the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces is overseen by the Chief of Staff to the President. The current occupant of that position is Alhaji Abba Kyari,appointed August 27, 2015. The Chief of Staff manages the President’s schedule and correspondence, and any other duties that may be assigned by the President. The Office of the President comprises staff who perform the following functions: Administrative Duties, Protocol, Security and Media". https://statehouse.gov.ng/presidency/office-of-the-president

It is easy to see from here that the media fall under the office of the president ant thus is overseen and managed by the chief of staff. As a matter of fact, here is the responsibilities of the chief of staff:
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CHIEF OF STAFF are 1- Coordinating the activities of all Principal Staff Officers of the President C-IN-C, 2- Conveyance of all directives and decisions of the President, C-in-C to the SGF, CDS. Members and other top functionaries of Government, 3- formation of ad-hoc bodies as well as stipulating their terms of reference in conjunction with SGF,4- Chairing of meetings of Principal Staff Officers to the President, C-in-C, 5-Monitoring and Coordinating the day to day activities of the President, C-in-C, 6- Clearance of all official military and civil matters as well as preparation of executives summaries on official issues, 7- Arrangement of all official appointments and engagements of the President, in conjunction with SCOP and ADC to C-in-C, 8- Arrangement and convening of all meetings sanctioned by the President C-in-C as well as coverage of such meetings including provision of secretariat services, 9- organizing Federal Executives Council meetings in conjunction with the cabinet secretariat and advising the President, C-in-C on schedules of the meetings to approval and eventual communication of same by the COS to the Cabinet Secretariat, 10.- attendance of National Defence and Security Council meetings, 11.

Coordination and attendance of the annual council/boards of Defence, NA, NN, NAF, NWC, CSC, NDA and NDF as well as following up all decisions reached at the meetings 12. Serving as a link between the President, C-in-C and the Service Headquarters, 13. Vetting of all draft speeches for the President, C-in-C in respect of services functions 14. Management of correspondence to and from the President, C-in-C including the circulation of enrolled legislation, proposed Executive orders, decision memoranda, speeches and other Presidential documents to relevant State House functionaries for clearance and comment. 15. Ensuring that any document being forwarded to the President, C-in-C is in suitable condition, technically and substantively for President review and action, 16—maintenance and control of the President, C-in-C’s projects and welfare accounts, 17—authorisation of use of Presidential Air-fleet by Government functionaries. https://guardian.ng/opinion/the-power-of-the-office-of-chief-of-staff/
You can see that the first one there is coordinating the activities of the prinicipal staff officers of the president. So I guess you can agree without question that the special adviser is subordinate to the chief of staff in the presidency.

To the second question, i'm sure you'll agree that in this ethno-religious colorated govt of Buhari, a Fulani muslim holding such high office will be of more influence and power than a mere Yoruba town crier who only speaks in defence of whatever the presidency does no matter how much it is against his own principles. Therefore, given that the first question has shown the superiority of the chief of staff and the type of admin we have presently, you should be able to see that Gambari can end Adesina's job if he wishes to. A good example is the former HoS Oyo-Ita who was suspended indefinitely pending the completion of her case with EFCC for making the "mistake" of confronting the ex-CoS Abba Kyari. Another will be the case of the former FIRS chairman Fowler.
Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by gowonmaharajah(m): 2:53pm On May 17, 2020
powerfulguy:

Pls what does the bolded mean?
what the bolded simply means is that everybody is a thief irrespective of who you are and nobody can be termed a thief until you are caught in the very act.like,if you're perpetrating one wrongful act and fortunately enough for you,you haven't been nabbed.you're very much a innocent person.
Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by Exc2000: 3:10pm On May 17, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Let's not forget what we're talking about here: Is the chief of staff same rank as a special adviser in the presidency and more particularly, can the CoS in this Buhari admin, make life difficult for Femi Adesina and ultimately end his job there?

For the first question, here is what is written on the state house website: "The Office of the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces is overseen by the Chief of Staff to the President. The current occupant of that position is Alhaji Abba Kyari,appointed August 27, 2015. The Chief of Staff manages the President’s schedule and correspondence, and any other duties that may be assigned by the President. The Office of the President comprises staff who perform the following functions: Administrative Duties, Protocol, Security and Media". https://statehouse.gov.ng/presidency/office-of-the-president

It is easy to see from here that the media fall under the office of the president ant thus is overseen and managed by the chief of staff. As a matter of fact, here is the responsibilities of the chief of staff:
You can see that the first one there is coordinating the activities of the prinicipal staff officers of the president. So I guess you can agree without question that the special adviser is subordinate to the chief of staff in the presidency.

To the second question, i'm sure you'll agree that in this ethno-religious colorated govt of Buhari, a Fulani muslim holding such high office will be of more influence and power than a mere Yoruba town crier who only speaks in defence of whatever the presidency does no matter how much it is against his own principles. Therefore, given that the first question has shown the superiority of the chief of staff and the type of admin we have presently, you should be able to see that Gambari can end Adesina's job if he wishes to. A good example is the former HoS Oyo-Ita who was suspended indefinitely pending the completion of her case with EFCC for making the "mistake" of confronting the ex-CoS Abba Kyari. Another will be the case of the former FIRS chairman Fowler.

first let me debunk your claim on Presidency appointing anyone into government without SGF
https://dailynigerian.com/osinbajo-lobbies-buhari-as-sgf-delivers-sack-letters-of-35-aides/ only SGF can sign appoint ment or sack of any political appointtees and hold same power to sign hiring contract unbehalf of the Government of Nigeria, a statury power Chief of Staff clearly doesnt have

only and i repeat only the Presidents internal memo duly signed by Buhari can authourize the Office of the SGF to initiate the sack of Femi Adesina and any other Senior Special Adviser .. if you are talking about mere assistant to the president people like Garba Shehu yes the Office of the Chief of Staff has some bit of oversight over them, and can indeed block them from seeing Buhari, however all Senior Special adviser have access to the President anytime upon request

and as for office management role assumed by a chief of staff, in companies secetary and administrative officers also run office doesnt mean they have any power to hire and fire without recourse to the Director in charge or other board members

Femi Adesina already denied knowledge of his appointment showing he give no damn about gambari, he still went on to ignore him, and refuse to congratulate him even after assistant like Garba Shehu made the annoucement

Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:16pm On May 17, 2020
CioAngels:
No, Femi Adesina's case is hunger but greed. A man who has stashed million dollar in American bank should resign honorably if he has any.
Where did you get dis from?
Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:35pm On May 17, 2020
Exc2000:

first let me debunk your claim on Presidency appointing anyone into government without SGF
https://dailynigerian.com/osinbajo-lobbies-buhari-as-sgf-delivers-sack-letters-of-35-aides/ only SGF can sign appoint ment or sack of any political appointtees and hold same power to sign hiring contract unbehalf of the Government of Nigeria, a statury power Chief of Staff clearly doesnt have

only and i repeat only the Presidents internal memo duly signed by Buhari can authourize the Office of the SGF to initiate the sack of Femi Adesina and any other Senior Special Adviser .. if you are talking about mere assistant to the president people like Garba Shehu yes the Office of the Chief of Staff has some bit of oversight over them, and can indeed block them from seeing Buhari, however all Senior Special adviser have access to the President anytime upon request.

and as for office management role assumed by a chief of staff, in companies secetary and administrative officers also run office doesnt mean they have any power to hire and fire without recourse to the Director in charge or other board members

Femi Adesina already denied knowledge of his appointment showing he give no damn about gambari, he still went on to ignore him, and refuse to congratulate him even after assistant like Garba Shehu made the annoucement

Sorry to correct you on those aides but they were not appointed by the president. They were employed by the government and some other donor agencies and posted to work in the VP's office on some specialized agencies. That's why when Buhari came back, he said he never said they should be sacked but rather redeployed to ministries where agencies that they worked with in the VP's office were moved to, specifically the disaster and humanitarian ministry. They were never appointees of the president. It's interesting though that the letter to sack them was never signed by the president. Except you mean to say he did not see the content of the letter he signed. The order he gave Kyari was to send a letter asking them to be redeployed only for him to order their sack. I hope you can see how powerful the CoS can be now. Thankfully though the sack orders have been reversed and the staff redeployed to the various ministries. But I can generally agree with you on the matter of appointment by the SGF though. It can happen through him if the president so wishes.

If the ministers don't have access to the president upon request how will the Special Advisers do it. Buhari specifically told ministers to meet with the CoS if they wish to see him. I hope you know ministers hold higher office than the special advisers. As a matter of fact, during FEC meetings you can see the CoS sits after the SGF before the HoS after which comes the ministers. The special advisers are back benchers.

I'm very sure Femi is smarter than taking a Fulani muslim CoS on in an ethnocentric govt like Buhari's. Whatever reason he has for not congratulating him as you say, i'm sure it can't be because he does not give a damn about him. The surest option will be to resign.
Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by Exc2000: 3:50pm On May 17, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Sorry to correct you on those aides but they were not appointed by the president. They were employed by the government and some other donor agencies and posted to work in the VP's office on some specialized agencies. That's why when Buhari came back, he said he never said they should be sacked but rather redeployed to ministries where agencies that they worked with in the VP's office were moved to, specifically the disaster and humanitarian ministry. They were never appointees of the president. It's interesting though that the letter to sack them was never signed by the president. Except you mean to say he did not see the content of the letter he signed. The order he gave Kyari was to send a letter asking them to be redeployed only for him to order their sack. I hope you can see how powerful the CoS can be now. Thankfully though the sack orders have been reversed and the staff redeployed to the various ministries. But I can generally agree with you on the matter of appointment by the SGF though. It can happen through him if the president so wishes.

If the ministers don't have access to the president upon request how will the Special Advisers do it. Buhari specifically told ministers to meet with the CoS if they wish to see him. I hope you know ministers hold higher office than the special advisers. As a matter of fact, during FEC meetings you can see the CoS sits after the SGF before the HoS after which comes the ministers. The special advisers are back benchers.

I'm very sure Femi is smarter than taking a Fulani muslim CoS on in an ethnocentric govt like Buhari's. Whatever reason he has for not congratulating him as you say, i'm sure it can't be because he does not give a damn about him. The surest option will be to resign.

most of the Aides were appointed by the Acting President Yemi Osinbajo with his Statuary power as the President in acting capacity, and while its true some of the Assitants deffered salary to be sponsored by donor agency to cut cost of governance, never the less they had full appointment from the office of the SGF and while Buhari ordered their redeployment Abba Kyari silently went ahead to revoke their Aso Rock pass making it seem like they were fired, and upon return to the country from one of his trips buhari cleared the air on the matter being a case of redeployment to newly created ministry to continue their work managing Social Investment Programes they ran before

As for the constant call and recall of gambari being a fulani, or Fulani muslim holding some special power outside the constituitional provission, thats just illusion caused by mind game, Fulani and Kanuri had fought for years and are not friends, yet Kyari a prince of Kanuri held sway at the presidency without any fulani doing anything, .. same Gambari you people try to give Fulani ethno coloration simply speaks Yoruba, he doesnt understand or speak hausa or fulfulde, doesnt eat fulfulde dishes, isnt a normadic herdsmen, his only link to anything are his long ancestors like Abdulah and Alimi, and the lineage had since being inter marrying in yoruba land for hundreds of years

Femi and Buhari are also close Buhari even attend some church events upon request of from Buhari many years before he became President
Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 17, 2020
Crownbefitsme:
Records have shown that Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, in 2008, condemned Ibrahim Gambari for his support of dictatorial governments.

Mr Gambari, who was recently appointed as the new Chief of Staff to President Buhari, has come under criticism for his role in bolstering the gag on press freedom. The diplomat served as the Minister for External Affairs between 1984 and 1985 under Mr Buhari who was a military head of state then.

Also, Mr Gambari worked for the late dictator, General Sani Abacha, whose regime saw to the victimisation of journalists and activists. One of the victims of the stifling of press freedom under Abacha was Ken Saro-Wiwa, a Nigerian journalist and environmental activist, who led a nonviolent campaign against environmental degradation of the land and waters of Ogoniland by the operations of the multinational petroleum industries.

Mr Saro-Wiwa was hanged in 1995 by the military dictatorship of General Sani Abacha. However, years after the killing, Mr Gambari defended the actions of late Abacha saying the killing was in the interest of the state.

Nevertheless, in a column published on July 12, 2008, Mr Adesina lampooned Mr Gambari. The article published on page 15 of Saturday Sun was titled “Gambari: the slap next time.”

In one of the paragraphs, Mr Adesina referred to the new Chief of Staff as a man who enslaved himself to please his paymasters.

“Gambari enslaved himself to please his paymasters. Now, 13 years later, the shackles are still tied round his neck. bootlicking grovellers fail to learn.”

Reacting to this, former Presidential spokesperson, Reno Omokri, shared a snippet of the column and criticised Mr Adesina who is now serving in the same administration with Mr Gambari.

Mr Omokri, who wrote on Saturday, said;

https://mobile.twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1261718706905907202

Source: https://politicsnigeria.com/flash-back-ibrahim-gambari-is-a-bootlicker-femi-adesina/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Why was Ken Saro wiwa hanged by Abacha?
Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by orisa37: 4:04pm On May 17, 2020
EVERYONE IS A BOOTLICKER UNDER A DICTATOR. IT'S THE DICTATOR WHO SHOULD KNOW HOW TO RELATE TO HIS STAFF AND UTILISE THEM EFFECTIVELY TO SATISFY HIM.
Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by igbowoman: 4:25pm On May 17, 2020
He is now the chief toilet paper.
Men without integrity

1 Like

Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by igbowoman: 4:28pm On May 17, 2020
It's up to Aisha to decide if femi remains or gets the boot.she is the sherrif in town
Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by seanjy4konji: 4:34pm On May 17, 2020
Bastards from top to bottom
Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by Legendguru: 4:35pm On May 17, 2020
Really
Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by HyAccent: 4:53pm On May 17, 2020
Femi Adesina, Rueben Abati, Keyamo and the rest of them. They all have a price.
Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 17, 2020
typical of an afonjaa they are cowards and can bootlick their masters butt till death... angry

if you foolishly quote me, may your destiny burn in hell grin
Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:37pm On May 17, 2020
Exc2000:

most of the Aides were appointed by the Acting President Yemi Osinbajo with his Statuary power as the President in acting capacity, and while its true some of the Assitants deffered salary to be sponsored by donor agency to cut cost of governance, never the less they had full appointment from the office of the SGF and while Buhari ordered their redeployment Abba Kyari silently went ahead to revoke their Aso Rock pass making it seem like they were fired, and upon return to the country from one of his trips buhari cleared the air on the matter being a case of redeployment to newly created ministry to continue their work managing Social Investment Programes they ran before

As for the constant call and recall of gambari being a fulani, or Fulani muslim holding some special power outside the constituitional provission, thats just illusion caused by mind game, Fulani and Kanuri had fought for years and are not friends, yet Kyari a prince of Kanuri held sway at the presidency without any fulani doing anything, .. same Gambari you people try to give Fulani ethno coloration simply speaks Yoruba, he doesnt understand or speak hausa or fulfulde, doesnt eat fulfulde dishes, isnt a normadic herdsmen, his only link to anything are his long ancestors like Abdulah and Alimi, and the lineage had since being inter marrying in yoruba land for hundreds of years

Femi and Buhari are also close Buhari even attend some church events upon request of from Buhari many years before he became President

Are you sure Gambari does not speak Hausa? I seriously doubt Buhari will give someone such a close position to him who does not speak Hausa. It's my observance of him from the 2017 audio when he spoke from his sick bed. He conversed in Hausa which shows how at home he is with the language. Buhari too does not speak Fulfulde so no specialty about that. What is not debatable is Gambari's Fulani heritage. To all intents and purposes, I have never heard him identify as Yoruba neither has he ever aligned with any Yoruba group or interest. His brother the Emir of Ilorin has never identified as Yoruba either

. For the Kanuri matter, it's open knowledge that Buhari's mother is Kanuri and Buhari identifies with the Kanuri very well. At least Kyari is not the only Kanuri in his govt occupying a high post. I expect you know the idea behind Fulani intermarrying of their conquered host. You should not see that as a sign of fidelity to the Yorubas. Even Saraki denied his Yorubaness to claim Fulani. Don't take the Fulani guile for granted.

Femi and Buhari may be close. But so was Buhari and Galadima and Joe Odumakin. They were once close. Don't underestimate what politics sometimes does to relationships.
Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by Exc2000: 6:11pm On May 17, 2020
emir's name is Ibrahim Kolapo Sulu Gambari, the Chief of Staff is Professor Ibrahim Agboola Gambari, both have Yoruba name has their first given name, Kolapo and Agboola Sons of Ibrahim sulu Gambari.. videos of their mums fidau is everywhere on the net the speak yoruba without dilution ilorin is a strong yoruba speaking city, Buhari doesnt speak fulfulde too, and according to his daughters interview most of his kids cant speak hausa but just understand, idaigbon also spoke yoruba, buhari on the other hands had spent several years across yoruba land and he has never shown any form of disdain towards yoruba so he cant have issues with Professor Agboola,

Agboriotejoye:

Are you sure Gambari does not speak Hausa? I seriously doubt Buhari will give someone such a close position to him who does not speak Hausa. It's my observance of him from the 2017 audio when he spoke from his sick bed. He conversed in Hausa which shows how at home he is with the language. Buhari too does not speak Fulfulde so no specialty about that. What is not debatable is Gambari's Fulani heritage. To all intents and purposes, I have never heard him identify as Yoruba neither has he ever aligned with any Yoruba group or interest. His brother the Emir of Ilorin has never identified as Yoruba either.. Galadima and Odumakin left his camp due to financial gains, Galadinma sided with Kwankwaso during 2014 lagos APC primaries thinking Buhari is broke forgetting Tinubu has him bank rolled, odumakin also went with jonathan's money so they left on there own

. For the Kanuri matter, it's open knowledge that Buhari's mother is Kanuri and Buhari identifies with the Kanuri very well. At least Kyari is not the only Kanuri in his govt occupying a high post. I expect you know the idea behind Fulani intermarrying of their conquered host. You should not see that as a sign of fidelity to the Yorubas. Even Saraki denied his Yorubaness to claim Fulani. Don't take the Fulani guile for granted.

Femi and Buhari may be close. But so was Buhari and Galadima and Joe Odumakin. They were once close. Don't underestimate what politics sometimes does to relationships.
Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by AgentNnamdi: 6:13pm On May 17, 2020
Amotolongbo:

Yahoo ni babalawo
Ole ni everybody
- Naira Marley (2019)

Yahoo is a host
Everyone can
I don't want to be rich

What I got after translation. I don't understand
Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:33pm On May 17, 2020
Exc2000:
emir's name is Ibrahim Kolapo Sulu Gambari, the Chief of Staff is Professor Ibrahim Agboola Gambari, both have Yoruba name has their first given name, Kolapo and Agboola Sons of Ibrahim sulu Gambari.. videos of their mums fidau is everywhere on the net the speak yoruba without dilution ilorin is a strong yoruba speaking city, Buhari doesnt speak fulfulde too, and according to his daughters interview most of his kids cant speak hausa but just understand, idaigbon also spoke yoruba, buhari on the other hands had spent several years across yoruba land and he has never shown any form of disdain towards yoruba so he cant have issues with Professor Agboola,

Buhari spent years in Yorubaland doing what? Stop deceiving yourself guy. The Yoruba names are their middle names not first names. The man is simply known as Ibrahim Agboola Gambari so how does Agboola become his first name. I repeat. Do they identify as Yorubas or Fulani? Saraki has a Yoruba name, same with his children but he ended up declaring himself Fulani and even helped the north in claiming Kwara as part of the north. Like I said before, don't underestimate the Fulani cunningness
Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by Godblessamaechi: 6:38pm On May 17, 2020
Imagine what technology has brought into this world. Keeping our past records that could even come back to hurt us later in our lives.

Well friends if technology can dig up ones past like this, how much more our God who keeps the record of everyone's life. How much soberly and reverentially do we need to live before Him all the days of our lives.
Hebrews 4:13
Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
Ecclesiastes 12:14
For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
Romans 2:16
In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
Friends since we are dealing with a God that we can not hide from what manner of life are we supposed to live?
To live a life that will not be embarrassed at the end of our journey here on Earth we need Jesus. Receive Him into your life today and continue with Him till the end of time.
Luke 9:26
For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.
1 John 2:28
And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
Romans 10:11
For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
God bless you as you make the right decision now.

For counseling WhatsApp or text 08033730233
Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by Exc2000: 6:49pm On May 17, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Buhari spent years in Yorubaland doing what? Stop deceiving yourself guy. The Yoruba names are their middle names not first names. The man is simply known as Ibrahim Agboola Gambari so how does Agboola become his first name. I repeat. Do they identify as Yorubas or Fulani? Saraki has a Yoruba name, same with his children but he ended up declaring himself Fulani and even helped the north in claiming Kwara as part of the north. Like I said before, don't underestimate the Fulani cunningness

first name oga.. it is normaly written Agboola ibn Ibrahim sulu Gambari, Kolapo ibn sulu Gambari ask any muslim for better understanding

North isnt a tribe but a geopolitical zone and fulani are not even majority in the same north, so if Saraki joins North doesnt change him has a yoruba man.. i have resided in ilorin and i know first hand.. if you call them fulani they would just be looking at you and laughing.. Ilorin had always identified as yoruba and they remain so.. google all videos of the emirate and see them speaking yoruba and bearing yoruba name, non speak hausa or fulfulde so why call them what they dont call them self?
Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by babajero(m): 6:58pm On May 17, 2020
Goke7:
Reno no get work these days, someone has been appointed chikena, move on with your life and stop being a busybody
So you are trying to tell me that the adesina that wrote this is different from the one in government now?
Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:34pm On May 17, 2020
Exc2000:

first name oga.. it is normaly written Agboola ibn Ibrahim sulu Gambari, Kolapo ibn sulu Gambari ask any muslim for better understanding

North isnt a tribe but a geopolitical zone and fulani are not even majority in the same north, so if Saraki joins North doesnt change him has a yoruba man.. i have resided in ilorin and i know first hand.. if you call them fulani they would just be looking at you and laughing.. Ilorin had always identified as yoruba and they remain so.. google all videos of the emirate and see them speaking yoruba and bearing yoruba name, non speak hausa or fulfulde so why call them what they dont call them self?
I've not seen his name written like that anywhere. If you have pls share with me. See how his name is written on his Wikipedia page

Saraki identified as a FULANI and NORTHERNER. Google it. It has nothing to do with his name. I didn't call him Fulani or northerner. He identified himself as both. Google it. If someone identifies himself as a particular tribe are you going to declare him otherwise by virtue of his name. Will Rotimi Amaechi whose first name is Rotimi by the way be called a Yoruba man by virtue of his first name?

Re: Gambari The Slap Next Time: Femi Adesina Article Against Ibrahim Gambari In 2008 by MissJasmineFPH: 9:49pm On May 17, 2020
Amotolonbo:
Femi Adesina accused Gambari of bootlicking then due to the position Gambari occupied then.
Femi Adesina is now in the position to boot lick the same Gambari.
Will Femi Adesina resign the post or resign to fate bootlicking MissJasmineFPH?

Yahoo ni babalawo
Ole ni everybody
- Naira Marley (2019)

Though I’m not a fan and not a marlian, but he has said the very fact about we Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians / Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau / FG Moves To End DSTV's Monopoly, Says Multichoice Is Cheating Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.