Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Trump Is Planning To RESUME US Funding For The WHO At The Same Level As China - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Is Planning To RESUME US Funding For The WHO At The Same Level As China (399 Views)

US funding for weapons, economic aid to Ukraine runs out this year - White House / Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains / WW3 Fears As China And Russia Join Forces For Massive War Games(Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Is Planning To RESUME US Funding For The WHO At The Same Level As China by drakeli: 12:10am On May 17, 2020
President Donald Trump is planning to resume some funding to the controversial World Health Organization, according to a leaked draft of a White House letter.

Trump last month cut off all U.S. funding to the group, accounting for about half the WHO's annual funding, accusing it of 'severely mismanaging and covering up the spread of the coronavirus.'

The president has kept up the criticism, saying at a town hall last week: 'The World Health organisation has been a disaster -- everything they said was wrong, and they're China-centric.'

Now, the White House is apparently on the brink of offering to resume funding the WHO at the same level as China, according to a draft letter reported by Fox News host Tucker Carlson.

Previously, the U.S. sent about $400 million a year to the WHO, which is ten times the amount China contributes.

Despite [its] shortcomings, I believe that the WHO still has tremendous potential, and want to see the WHO live up to this potential, particularly now during this global crisis' the draft letter reads, apparently in Trump's voice.

'That is why I've decided the United States will continue to partner and work with the World Health Organization' it adds. 'China owes a massive debt to the entire world, and it can start with paying its fair share to the WHO.'

'If China increases its funding to the WHO,' the letter adds, 'we will consider matching those increases.'

It comes as questions linger about the relationship between China and the WHO.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8325579/amp/Donald-Trump-plans-resume-funding-WHO.html
Re: Trump Is Planning To RESUME US Funding For The WHO At The Same Level As China by Staphylococcus: 12:13am On May 17, 2020
The most unstable element in the world is Donald Trump.

1 Like

Re: Trump Is Planning To RESUME US Funding For The WHO At The Same Level As China by falopey: 12:19am On May 17, 2020
If China loves WHO so much, then they need to increase funding on their own part instead of giving peanuts.

5 Likes

Re: Trump Is Planning To RESUME US Funding For The WHO At The Same Level As China by Frankitibobo: 7:57am On May 17, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Is Planning To RESUME US Funding For The WHO At The Same Level As China by obixcel(m): 12:30pm On May 17, 2020
Permit me to give you a parodial narrative of the move Trump just made (a clever and smart move, I must say)
Trump is sending a message to the WHO and China.
He is like, We (The United States) will no longer be the father christmas and sugar daddy that supplies the largest portion of the goodies. In fact from henceforth we will only give the exact amount China gives. If China decides to increase we will also increase, if they decrease we will do likewise. So that in d end if you (WHO) complain about the drop in funding, we (The United States) will quickly refer you to China, and you will also have to complain to China the one you love so much.

Opinion summary: Trump just played a fantastic 3D Chess game grin I'm sure He will be eagerly waiting and watching to see how the WHO respond to this. If they murmur he will be like oops! ask China Lol This was Trump's agenda and end game from the start. He first withdrew the entire funding only to come back with the same peanuts that China provides. This was what he wanted. Folks may think he's unstable, but look at it in its entirety, everything is well calculated.

4 Likes

Re: Trump Is Planning To RESUME US Funding For The WHO At The Same Level As China by daroz(m): 6:25pm On May 17, 2020
obixcel:
Permit me to give you a parodial narrative of the move Trump just made (a clever and smart move, I must say)
Trump is sending a message to the WHO and China.
He is like, We (The United States) will no longer be the father christmas and sugar daddy that supplies the largest portion of the goodies. In fact from henceforth we will only give the exact amount China gives. If China decides to increase we will also increase, if they decrease we will do likewise. So that in d end if you (WHO) complain about the drop in funding, we (The United States) will quickly refer you to China, and you will also have to complain to China the one you love so much.

Opinion summary: Trump just played a fantastic 3D Chess game grin I'm sure He will be eagerly waiting and watching to see how the WHO respond to this. If they murmur he will be like oops! ask China Lol This was Trump's agenda and end game from the start. He first withdrew the entire funding only to come back with the same peanuts that China provides. This was what he wanted. Folks may think he's unstable, but look at it in its entirety, everything is well calculated.
Exactly my thought

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump Could Be About To Lose U.S. Dollar Hegemony To China / Twitter Hides Donald Trump Tweet For 'glorifying Violence' / Why Is The US Afraid To Deal With Its Racist Police Force ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.