Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? (800 Views)

Can A Genuine Christian Guy Plait His Hair? / Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? / Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 12:37am On May 17, 2020
Happy sunday guys,you know,everything that has original also has a fake,so i'm creating this thread agains sunday.
who is a christian? a christian is one who is christlike in nature, one who identify himself with christ and have made christ lord over his life.
There are over 2.5 billion people who profess to be christians today.
but seriously out of this number some are only pretending to be a christians but they are not accepted by God.
Many nairalanders thinks going to church,paying tithes and bearing christian names qualifies you to be a christian,but no! it doesn't many nairalanders still post insultive comments,despise government,wished evil on mods who ban them,well if you are still living in sin great or little,you are not a christian.
if you want to be a christian you must ask for grace from God to be one.
Christians are:
Loving
Kind
gentle
humble
peaceful
generous
cheerful
and most of all holy.
if you don't posses all these,u are not christlike and certainly not a christian.
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Oluromantic: 12:46am On May 17, 2020
Which category do you fall in, op?
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by ikh777: 12:48am On May 17, 2020
Christthesaviour:
Happy sunday guys,you know,everything that has original also has a fake,so i'm creating this thread agains sunday.
who is a christian? a christian is one who is christlike in nature, one who identify himself with christ and have made christ lord over his life.
but seriously out of this number some are only pretending to be a christians but they are not accepted by God.
Many nairalanders thinks going to church,paying tithes and bearing christian names qualifies you to be a christian,but no! it doesn't many nairalanders still post insultive comments,despise government,wished evil on mods who ban them,well if you are still living in sin great or little,you are not a christian.
Christians are:
Loving
Kind
gentle
humble
peaceful
generous
cheerful
and most of all holy.
if you don't posses all these,u are not christlike and certainly not a christian.

Pls go and sleep, your life on earth is not to be the INSPECTOR GENERAL OF CHRISTIANITY, biko.... no one is called to do that.

Even peter who was physically with Jesus was not having all these criteria that you are listing here.... IT IS NOT BY WORKS oooooo, it is by GRACE.
Peter lied before Jesus died, denied Jesus and even in the book of Acts this same Peter still showed the same character again.

No one is PERFECT, we are all saved by GRACE, not of works(the things you listed above)... so that no man can BOAST.

You really do not understand the gospel yet you came here to post like a pharisee... MY DEAREST BROTHER, NA ONLY GOD KNOW WHO GO MAKE AM.

Even in your church when people come out to RECITE THE SINNERS PRAYER, do you know many come out for different reasons? THEY CAN RECITE IT BUT WILL NEVER GET BORN AGAIN UNTIL THEY COME OUT FOR THE RIGHT REASON. So chill and go and pray and ask God to teach you THE REAL GOSPEL.

CHRISTIANS ARE NOT PERFECT PEOPLE..... when you understand this, you will stop criticizing pastors and bishops and others.... rather you will have LOVE in your heart for everyone.
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 12:52am On May 17, 2020
christians don't revenge offences,
christians don't abuse government.
christians don't troll celebs on social media
christians don't fight
christians don't insult each other or other people anywhere.
christians don't commit any evil at all.
We follow christ our redeemer footstep.
we are united and we love each other because our master has taught us to love.
We are doing all these to prepare ourselves for our glorious home going we are successful here and in the world to come.
it is not in this world we have the hope of salvation,if it is,then we are of all men most miserable.
I you don't bare the mark of christ in you are not born again and you are just a church attendant.
please if you are in that category of fake christian,pls don't do bold face o! humble yourself,confess and forsake ur sins o! God will surely hear you.
Cc RIGHTEOUSNESS89
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 12:54am On May 17, 2020
Oluromantic:
Which category do you fall in, op?
by his grace i'm genuine christian wink
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 12:58am On May 17, 2020
ikh777:

Pls go and sleep, your life on earth is not to be the INSPECTOR GENERAL OF CHRISTIANITY, biko.... no one is called to do that.

Even peter who was physically with Jesus was not having all these criteria that you are listing here.... IT IS NOT BY WORKS oooooo, it is by GRACE.
Peter lied before Jesus died, denied Jesus and even in the book of Acts this same Peter still showed the same character again.

No one is PERFECT, we are all saved by GRACE, not of works(the things you listed above)... so that no man can BOAST.

You really do not understand the gospel yet you came here to post like a pharisee... MY DEAREST BROTHER, NA ONLY GOD KNOW WHO GO MAKE AM.

Even in your church when people come out to RECITE THE SINNERS PRAYER, do you know many come out for different reasons? THEY CAN RECITE IT BUT WILL NEVER GET BORN AGAIN UNTIL
be ye perfect even as your heavenly father is perfect.i will modify my reply tomorrow thanks.
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 1:01am On May 17, 2020
Lalasticlala pls help.today is sunday o!grin
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by ikh777: 1:16am On May 17, 2020
Christthesaviour:
be ye perfect even as your heavenly father is perfect.i will modify my reply tomorrow thanks.

hmmmm bros, you are right... PERFECTION STARTS FROM PHIL 4:8 our thoughts, first, before it goes to JAMES 3, our words.... ONCE THOSE TWO DIMENSIONS HAVE BEEN ARRESTED BY GOD, everything else will work out naturally.

1 Like

Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by paxonel(m): 1:40am On May 17, 2020
Christthesaviour:
Christians are:
Loving
Kind
gentle
humble
peaceful
generous
cheerful
and most of all holy.
there is nothing like a genuine or fake Christian.
Anyone who believes in Christ is a Christian and anyone who doesn't believe is not a Christian.

There is nothing like christ-like or I'm like Christ, everyone commit sin whether you believe or not.

1 Like

Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Kobojunkie: 1:44am On May 17, 2020
paxonel:
Anyone who believes in Christ is a Christian and anyone who doesn't believe is not a Christian.
There is nothing like christ-like or I'm like Christ, everyone commit sin whether you believe or not.
But Jesus Christ never said all you have to do to simply believe for you to be his follower. He never even said you had to confess your sins... men came up with that one.
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by helinues: 6:31am On May 17, 2020
So you people even know say their are Fake and genuine Christians..

3daful

1 Like

Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Righteousness89(m): 6:44am On May 17, 2020
Christthesaviour:
christians don't fight
We are doing all these to prepare ourselves for our glorious home going we are successful here and in the world to come.
it is not in this world we have the hope of salvation,if it is,then we are of all men most miserable.
I you don't bare the mark of christ in you are not born again and you are just a church attendant.
please if you are in that category of fake christian,pls don't do bold face o! humble yourself,confess and forsake ur sins o! God will surely hear you.
Cc RIGHTEOUSNESS89

Good post bro!

I don't understand why u copied me.

All the same we GIVE GOD THE GLORY

1 Like

Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by paxonel(m): 6:56am On May 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

But Jesus Christ never said all you have to do to simply believe for you to be his follower.
John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye BELIEVE on him whom he hath sent.

So, the only work you will do for you to have eternal life is to believe, that's all.

John 3:16 ...whoever BELIEVES in him should not perish but have eternal life

He never even said you had to confess your sins... men came up with that one.
exactly!
But it is good to confess your sins to men as a sign of repentance, but that isn't a criteria to have eternal life, the only criteria is to believe.
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Smkinhawt(f): 7:09am On May 17, 2020
Christthesaviour:
christians don't fight
Cc RIGHTEOUSNESS89

You are only a self righteous Christian and your self righteousness is like filthy rags to God.
Your goodness is not a yard stick for being a genuine Christian plis. Study your Bible, know God for yourself before u come here an lead many astray.

Let him that thinks he stands take heed lest he falls.

I am sure u have some secret sins and flaws n u are here giving us criteria to be genuine Christians. This post alone shows u need help. I hope u repent from ur blindness. Because u are to FarToSee hence u behave like the PhaRiSees
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Smkinhawt(f): 7:14am On May 17, 2020
Righteousness89:

Good post bro!

Instead of wasting your energy in nairaland to preach to people that only end up arguing with you, why don't u take your 'fire' for God to do morning cry or preach in prisons where u can convert many to Christ. How many souls have u won on nairaland? Don't be dumb. U are doing all this to clear your conscience. Go to the field where the harvest is ripe. No one will take u serious here. To me, u are a joker
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Smkinhawt(f): 7:24am On May 17, 2020
Christthesaviour:

Ode. Perfection is not a one day thing. It is a process. Many of us Christians still have flaws and faults especially those that were in the world before they converted.

Giving your life to Christ does not automatically make perfection fall on u but the grace of God, guidance of the holy Spirit, and walking with God by learning to listen/study his word, we behold his perfectness and become.

The Bible says 'walk with me and be thou perfect.' its a walk..a walk is continuous.. as we continue to walk with God, we become perfect. So yes, a Christian might still find himself having some flaws and his old nature wants to keep coming up, the Bible says there's no condemnation to those who are in Christ as long as you keep going to your father to tell him about the flaws and how u are sorry for going back to it, it is well with you. Because when u do that, u realize that's it's not by your power but by His grace only and the guilty conscience that the devil trys to bestow on u leaves.

I don't want to argue with anyone. Don't just come here to yarn rubbish.
Know God for yourself and leave Christians alone.

If you can't preach the gospel, drink soak away water instead of giving this post.
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 7:36am On May 17, 2020
Righteousness89:

Good post bro!

no sir i only tagged you for more contribution.
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 7:43am On May 17, 2020
paxonel:

"Not every one that saith to me lord, lord shall enter into the kingdom of heaven but they that doeth the will of my father." I KNOW U KNOW WHO SAID THAT.
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 7:51am On May 17, 2020
Smkinhawt:

You are only a self righteous Christian and your self righteousness is like filthy rags to God.
Your goodness is not a yard stick for being a genuine Christian plis. Study your Bible, know God for yourself before u come here an lead many astray.

I am sure u have some secret sins and flaws n u are here giving us criteria to be genuine Christians. This post alone shows u need help. I hope u repent from ur blindness. Because u are to FarToSee hence u behave like the PhaRiSees
madam,i'm giving no criteria.i'll modify my post and back it up with scriptures later.thanks .
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by desiredhome: 7:58am On May 17, 2020
paxonel:

If you are a Christian you must be Christ-like else you are not a Christian
Mathew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven .

1 Like

Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by desiredhome: 8:15am On May 17, 2020
Christthesaviour:
christians don't fight
Cc RIGHTEOUSNESS89
I love this.......
So many people that call themselves Christians today are as wicked as Devil....
By their fruits you shall know them

1 Like

Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by paxonel(m): 8:18am On May 17, 2020
desiredhome:

If you are a Christian you must be Christ-like else you are not a Christian
Mathew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven .

the scripture you quoted does not support what you are saying that it is a must or do you see that it is must there?

It says let your light so shine before men, it didn't put any condition that you must shine your light before men, otherwise there is no eternal life for you.

Saying it is must, you are making it conditional. The love of Christ is not conditional, he gave his gift of righteousness freely to as may that believes.
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by paxonel(m): 8:26am On May 17, 2020
Christthesaviour:
"Not every one that saith to me lord, lord shall enter into the kingdom of heaven but they that doeth the will of my father." I KNOW U KNOW WHO SAID THAT.
the scripture was not directed to Christians, Infact, there is nothing like Christianity as at the time Jesus said this. There were people who called Jesus Lord, Lord and were his disciple, but they never ended up becoming Christians in the book of Act 2:1-4, because many of these disciples ran away the moment Jesus was about to be crucified.
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by desiredhome: 9:03am On May 17, 2020
paxonel:
the scripture you quoted does not support what you are saying that it is a must or do you see that it is must there?

It says let your light so shine before men, it didn't put any condition that you must shine your light before men, otherwise there is no eternal life for you.

Saying it is must, you are making it conditional. The love of Christ is not conditional, he gave his gift of righteousness freely to as may that believes.
The Bible is clear on righteousness, when you live a Christian(righteous) life you are a light...
No body is perfect as far as we are living but there is conscience in Everyman so that when you sin you will know
Today there are deliberate sin/wickedness in the name of grace......

1 Like

Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 9:32am On May 17, 2020
You only need to IDENTIFY the group that belongs to Jesus that's all! smiley
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by paxonel(m): 11:34am On May 17, 2020
desiredhome:

The Bible is clear on righteousness, when you live a Christian(righteous) life you are a light...
yes, that is true

No body is perfect as far as we are living but there is conscience in Everyman so that when you sin you will know
you are perfectly right!
And those who deliberately sin or do wickedness in the name of Grace will also face the wrath of the law like anyone else, grace cannot save them.
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by desiredhome: 11:48am On May 17, 2020
paxonel:
yes, that is true
you are perfectly right!
And those who deliberately sin or do wickedness in the name of Grace will also face the wrath of the law like anyone else, grace cannot save them.
Yes .... Should we continue in sin that grace may abide...He says God forbids it....,

For whatsoever a man sows so shall he reap.....
It says we should continue in our good works so that our tommorow will be great
Grace does not erase the consequences of your wickedness/sin

1 Like

Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 17, 2020
Smkinhawt:

I am sure u have some secret sins and flaws n u are here giving us criteria to be genuine Christians. This post alone shows u need help.I hope u repent from ur blindness. Because u are to FarToSee hence u behave like the PhaRiSees
you are the one that is blind to see the power that the sacrificial death of christ gives. He was manifested to destroy the works of the devil in my life.are u sayin his blood cannot perfectly wash me clean? If u build again what christ has destroyed u have no remedy. and i have no secret sin,it has all been deleted and i am now justified.
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Queenserah26(f): 1:40pm On May 17, 2020
There is no such thing as being a fake Christian or a genuine Christian. You are either a Christian or you are not. There is no sitting on the fence.
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Kobojunkie: 2:48pm On May 17, 2020
According to John, the true litmus test is in whether one obeys Christ's commands or not. Sadly, many who call themselves Christians are not even aware that Jesus gave them about 46 commands that He urged them to obey if they love Him. So How can Jesus, who is the way, the TRUTH , and the life, be living on the inside of them?

1 John 2 vs 3-5(ERV)
3 If we obey what God has told us to do, then we are sure that we know him.
4 If we say we know God but do not obey his commands, we are lying. The truth(Jesus Christ) is not in us.
5 But when we obey God’s teaching, his love is truly working in us. This is how we know that we are living in him. 6 If we say we live in God, we must live the way Jesus lived.
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Kobojunkie: 2:50pm On May 17, 2020
desiredhome:

Wrong, what you call the Christian life is NOT the righteous life. Jesus was clear on what righteousness is. Only I doubt the majority of Christianity is even aware of this.
desiredhome:

Yet Jesus Himself commanded you to be perfect. So if what you have to offer in response to His command is nothing but a copout, how can you then claim to be of Him?
Re: Fake Or Genuine Christian,which Category Do You Belong To? by Kobojunkie: 3:03pm On May 17, 2020
paxonel:

John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye BELIEVE on him whom he hath sent.

So, the only work you will do for you to have eternal life is to believe, that's all.
Yes, believe in the one who He, God, hath sent, and that includes doing what He tells you to do. But Jesus told you what It would take for you to even become His follower. If you refuse to do what He, Jesus, tells you to do, does that then mean you have believed in the one that God sent?

The work of believing the one that God sent you involves you actually OBEYING THE COMMANDS of the one that God sent.
In the old testament, God called on his people to OBEY HIS COMMANDS, and we all know how that went. So in the NT, God sends Jesus Christ and asks you to believe on him. And then Jesus tells you that if you love Him, you will OBEY HIS COMMANDS.

John 3:16 ...whoever BELIEVES in him should not perish but have eternal life
exactly!
But it is good to confess your sins to men as a sign of repentance, but that isn't a criteria to have eternal life, the only criteria is to believe.
Sure, who ever believes in HIM, and HIM being Jesus then tells you that if you love me, YOU WILL OBEY MY COMMANDMENTS. Isn't it amazing! And there are about 46 of those commandments for you to obey you know.

But back to the original question, Jesus never said that if you only believe in Him, you will be one of His. Confessing our sins to him is not even one of his commands, so why do we continue to do that which have no bearing to His truth?

(1) (2) (Reply)

About Pastor Steven Furtick / Who Is The Lamb In The Bible? / Longetivity - A Thread Opened For Adventists To Share Their Nutritional Recipes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.