Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,551 members, 7,801,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) (8425 Views)

Rapid Urbanization And Expansion Of SE Cities / Anyone Noticed The Rapid Population Of Whites In Nigeria? / The Rapid Growth Of Onitsha Main Market Without Riverport. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by horsepower102: 4:25am On May 17, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t10rEFDv7wQ

This video captures the growth of Nnewi from a small village in the 70s to one of the three major cities of Anambra state

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:34am On May 17, 2020
Next governor of Anambra need to focus on Nnewi, Nnewi seriously need state assistance, individual can't do it alone

9 Likes

Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by Formularcr7: 4:36am On May 17, 2020
Work of developers
Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by Sabby1(m): 4:39am On May 17, 2020
Nnewi is one place I am looking forward to visiting. I have heard so many positive things about it

3 Likes

Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by horsepower102: 4:43am On May 17, 2020
post=89631676:
Next governor of Anambra need to focus on Nnewi, Nnewi seriously need state assistance, individual can't do it alone

Imagine where Nnewi will be today if Anambra state government gave it serious infrastructural make over.

Personally, I think Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi need their own Mayors to guide their development. They should be declared special economic zones and treated differently from the rest of the state.

16 Likes

Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:50am On May 17, 2020
After Nnewi next Ekwlobia and environs and Orumba

3 Likes

Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:56am On May 17, 2020
Formularcr7:
Work of developers
Real developers no be beans

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by maggilove(f): 4:56am On May 17, 2020
I've been hearing about this place for long but I didn't know the development has gone as far as this, this is no more a town but a city on its own. Wao!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by ChimaAdeoye: 5:23am On May 17, 2020

Why these things are highlighted is because this is a region that was deliberately destroyed by Nigeria.
But instead of the reconstruction, Reconciliation and Rehabilitation that Nigeria pledged, they turned to Repression, Marginalization, and Exclusion of the zone from the developmental projects of Nigeria. The same Nigeria has hurriedly set up Northeast Development commission and judiciously fund it, even when the damage by Boko Haram was not even close to the damage done to Southeast. But God dey.

That is why I love videos like this. It simply says "Even with your repression, oppression, and marginalization, God on our side keeps us going and still makes us victorious!"

Videos like these hurt them to high heavens and they will call you names "chest beaters", "Developers" etc. Just know they are already weeping when they dish out their hateful words. God has shown them that no man can arrogantly act like they are gods.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by horsepower102: 5:30am On May 17, 2020
ChimaAdeoye:
Why these things are highlighted is because this is a region that was deliberately destroyed by Nigeria.
But instead of the reconstruction, Reconciliation and Rehabilitation that Nigeria pledged, they turned to Repression, Marginalization, and Exclusion of the zone from the developmental projects of Nigeria.

That is why I love videos like this. It simply says "Even with your repression, oppression, and marginalization, God on our side still makes us victorious!"

Videos like these hurt them to high heavens and they will call you names "chest beaters", "Developers" etc. Just know they are already weeping when they dish out their hateful words. God has shown them that no man can arrogantly act like they are gods.

Amen !!

We are still here and firing on despite the political, economic and infrastructural marginalization, Threats, genocide and war cant stop us.

Our destiny to be great can be delayed but can never be denied. We are Umuchineke.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by ChimaAdeoye: 5:33am On May 17, 2020
horsepower102:

This video captures the growth of Nnewi from a small village in the 70s to one of the three major cities of Anambra state

My Oga,

With due respect, I don't think calling Nnewi a village to city is an appropriate title for this thread. Please re-think the title of the thread again. Nnewi had been a city in the 1930s, with major secondary schools and provincial headquarters. Nnewi was already a city before cities such as Minna, Yola or Bauchi. Those cities are the places that deserve the title from village to state capital city.

The only thing was that Nnewi never became a state capital and therefore was thoroughly neglected by successive Federal and Anambra state governments. Hopefully, the neglect of Nnewi will stop. So that it can take it's rightful place in the committee of great cities of Africa.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by horsepower102: 5:46am On May 17, 2020
ChimaAdeoye:

My Oga,

With due respect, I don't think calling Nnewi a village to city is an appropriate title for this thread. Please re-think the title of the thread again. Nnewi had been a city in the 1930s, with major secondary schools and provincial headquarters.

Nnewi was definitely already a city before cities such as Minna, Yola or Bauchi. The only thing was that it never became a state capital and therefore was thoroughly neglected by successive Anambra state governments. Hopefully, the neglect of Nnewi will stop. So that it can take it's rightful place in the committee of great cities of Africa.

Nnewi was not a city at that point (1930s). At most it was a Town.

If I was to adopt your position, then I will include over 100 towns in current Anambra state and call them cities. For example, The village of Ukpo below. Is it a village or town or city?

Nnewi was in a Grey area between a village/ town back in those days that you mentioned. But now, we can confidently call it a City.

2 Likes

Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by ChimaAdeoye: 5:55am On May 17, 2020
horsepower102:

If I was to adopt your position, then I will include over 100 towns in current Anambra state and call them cities. For example, The village of Ukpo below. Is it a village or town or city?

Nnewi was in a Grey area between a village/ town back in those days that you mentioned. But now, we can confidently call it a City.

Actually, towns or cities are based on the population of people there, bot necessarily the roads within it.. Unfortunately, the Nigerian census is so fake that no reasonable person can rely on them to say if a place should be a city or a town. In Medieval times, Cottage, Macedonia, Greece, Timbuctu were all cities due to the population of people living in it.

I understand you. But you know we live with people who love to twist your words and threads. In a few months, they will begin to cite your thread in their lame effort to say Igboland is a village, including Nnewi. Although one could care less about their opinion or mischief.

4 Likes

Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by horsepower102: 6:01am On May 17, 2020
ChimaAdeoye:

I understand you. But you know we live with people who love to twist your words and threads. In a few months, they will begin to cite your thread in their lame effort to say Igboland is a village, including Nnewi. Although one could care less about their opinion or mischief.

I totally understand. Its fine tough. They can say all they want but deep down, they know the truth. It just that propaganda and falsified statistics is the only way they know to reduce their deep throbbing pains.

1 Like

Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by Skyfornia(m): 7:42am On May 17, 2020
Japan of Africa
Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by Gucciboss: 7:46am On May 17, 2020
horsepower102:

Growth without development. Nigerian government = failure
Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by Ezewuzie01: 8:00am On May 17, 2020
horsepower102:

Even Ukpo makes more sense than Nnewi.
Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by Ezewuzie01: 8:02am On May 17, 2020
It isn't the government but the stinginess of Nnewi people that have stunted Nnewi's growth.
Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:10am On May 17, 2020
Ezewuzie01:
Nnewi is home of indigenous industries and major market

5 Likes

Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:18am On May 17, 2020
These are Nnewi products by indeginous not foreigners

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:24am On May 17, 2020
Nnewi products

Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:26am On May 17, 2020
Nnew products

2 Likes

Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by Oloun(f): 8:29am On May 17, 2020
horsepower102:

Ezewuzie01:
Lol you can't be serious, what's in ukpo to compare to nnewi? Which industry, market and tertiary institution is in ukpo? One day money flow in nnewi can never flow in ukpo in 10 years time, what's size of ukpo? My grandmother is from ukpo akpu so stop posting trash! You didn't even try to compare ogidi to nnewi which you and I know that nnewi still beat ogidi hands down.

1 Like

Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by Kinematics: 8:31am On May 17, 2020
Chino if you like open 10 threads in a day I'm here to burst your lies

The Nnewi chest beaters will never show you..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by Kinematics: 8:33am On May 17, 2020
Nnewi home of billionaires

3 Likes

Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by Kinematics: 8:35am On May 17, 2020
Rapid development ongoing in Nnewi

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by Kinematics: 8:36am On May 17, 2020
Tippers moving into Nnewi with massive development

2 Likes

Re: From Village To City: The Rapid Urbanization Of Nnewi (video) by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:38am On May 17, 2020
post=89635369:
Nnew products

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Buhari: Nigeria Has No Reason To Import Food, Raw Materials / Prominent Ijaw leaders & south-south Elders Endorses GEJ For 2015 / Buhari's School Certificate: How Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.