Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 (32138 Views)

Prepare For A Pandemic Worse Than COVID-19 - WHO Chief, Tedros / This Horrific Instant Skin Bleaching Method Could Kill You (Photos) / UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by Acidosis(m): 8:32am On May 17, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

You are very correct. I saw your other post where you said you initially supported the lockdown believing they'll follow it with aggressive testing which unfortunately they didn't. That was a wise statement, Sir.
Looking at the current situation though, no vaccine or drug in view, plus the low death rate of Covid-19, I'll just suggest they allow things go back to normal. It's not as if you can keep people indoor till a vaccine is discovered

Exactly
Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by Nickymichy(m): 8:33am On May 17, 2020
It's so sad that our leaders could not envisage to this...must we wait for some organizations before we make decisions?..... Nigeria nawa ooooo

2 Likes

Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by Studio247: 8:34am On May 17, 2020
It is unfortunate that sometimes our Government do copy pest but the most painful one is not coping the good part of any but concentrating on the bad side.

Copy and pest lockdown.

Let's promote your music from start to finish
Anywhere you wish your music to touch we gat you covered.

1 Like

Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by Angelfrost(m): 8:42am On May 17, 2020
HeadNigga:
UNICEF is on point. Copying other countries without considering our peculiarities is not a wise decision

Our leaders will never have ever have sense... All they do is copy and paste foolishly!!!...

How can Nigeria not sit down and fashion out its own unique path to curb the pandemic without hurting lives and economy?!... Everything is rocket science to these people!!!

1 Like

Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by Angelfrost(m): 8:45am On May 17, 2020
WorWorBoy:
Wike should take notice, that mad man want to put us inside 21 days lockdown.

Well, your people have been praising the idiot here...

1 Like

Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by mvem(m): 8:53am On May 17, 2020
martineverest:
u are the only rightful thinking somebody here...both organisations got ulterior motives.
so which ulterior motive do UNICEF have by saying lockdown will make many suffer in Africa which is quite obvious because our society is very well different from that of the European. Moreover the western world is already suffering due to the lockdown measures not even to talk about Africa that is more impoverished
Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by tpraiz(m): 9:02am On May 17, 2020
proeast:
According to the UNICEF, government should only locate hotspots for lockdown and not just everywhere. Therefore, based on that, Nigeria should put the following places in total and indefinite lockdown: Lagos, Kano, Oyo, Ogun, Katsina, Borno, Osun, Kaduna, and FCT.

The SE governors must expedite action now, our northern and Western borders must be under strict supervision 24/7 now! States like Anambra, Enugu and Ebonyi must take extra precautionary measures to ensure that people are stopped from coming into the SE from these epicenters.

The SE must increase its testing capacity while closing our borders to ensure that our success so far is not frittered away.

What's this one saying.

Abeg go and sleep.

1 Like

Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by mvem(m): 9:05am On May 17, 2020
Phyde:
The truth is that everybody is confused. We don't know what to do again. Stay indoors will lead to mass hunger. Easing lockdown will still lead to mass virus spread and our health officials will be overwhelmed rejecting patients without covid cause of fear. Our health officials have families too who depend on them. Some are breadwinners.
The only solution am still thinking is Stay indoor with mass palliatives from the government. All the recovered stolen funds should be channel to the streets for food. Suspend all road infrastructures for now. Foods should be the urgent matter now if they are planning another lockdown.
All these shall pass
Oga no economy in the world can sustain a lockdown indefinitely. Why is US easing up despite their numbers being the highest in the world, because they are tired. Millions are losing their jobs,bankruptcy, poverty rate all will increase and this has an indirect relationship to even the populace health. At the end the lockdown will have a negative effect which UNICEF highlighted in the article. Africa is even worse,we just copied and pasted what the Europeans were doing without paying attention to societal differences. Look at the Swedish model that is looking viable, they had no lockdown but found ways to mitigate the virus. The point is they should have been a logical approach to find a buffer. Mitigate the virus spread but at same time make sure that the populace can still earn, feed, seek healthcare etc....WHO predicted that malaria,TB,HIV etc will kill more than twice of what it kills in Africa because of the direct and indirect effect of the lockdown. Why?...because health workers are not longer in the hospitals, private clinics are closed, NGO have run short of funding, Poverty rate increases and the common man won't be able to get treatment, drug,surgery etc for his common ailment etc etc...look at the bigger picture. Do you know how many that had to stop cancer treatment, postpone surgeries because of this lockdown

2 Likes

Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by Tboy1419: 9:06am On May 17, 2020
Exc2000:
undecided

each country needs to have a full policy document and piece of legislation on disaster management, this fire brigade approach is very stupid... we should set up a special fund in case things like this happens, because even after Corrona virus goes, Trump is hell bent on giving us another World War, and I doubt Trump vs China, Russia , Iran nuclear war wouldn't be more catastrophic than Corrona Virus, infact we should thank Corona virus for slowing down tensions between the western power bloc and the eastern power bloc

The sooner we start preparing for Lockdowns and War the better for us all, rather than making silly excuses of hunger , poverty and disease

Whats our excuse as Africans not to prepare, Isreal, Saudi and other middle eastern countries without good soil imported tonnes of fertile soil into their country and now produce more than enough agricultural product that they even export.

yet Africa with the resources are listening to insults from UNICEF saying blacks cant follow simple health guideline because they are lazy and hungry.. the sickening part is many people are already commending UNICEF for calling blacks hungry , lazy people who would prefer a plate of food to keeping healthy during dangerous pandemic

In 2020 white racist Unicef Directors still tells Africans , not to take simple health precaution because they are lazy , hungry poor and stupid, while the Unicef workers conducting this report had since travelled back through their various embassy in Nigeria to go to their own country to observe every health directives including lockdown

Buhari please end the lock down so that Kano and Jigawa people, lagos and ogun people can enjoy free movement and transmit whatever is killing them in hundreds across the entire country from SouthEast to SouthSouth and everywhere, Wike should also open the state borders and let Almajiri bring in food from Kano, last last na una without basic health insurance go suffer pass, Unicef people are already in their various countries 2nd week corona entered Nigeria, observing lockdown, Trump test all staffs and people close to him regularly, and once you are positive you can kiss the white house good bye, he isn't even travelling anymore for November election campaings

. Sometimes I wonder what kind of wicked heart people like you have, is like you are closed to the devil, you read everything and still type rubish here, do you know how many people are hungry in Nigeria, average Nigeria live below $1per day, if you don't want to work then stay at home till 2025, others want to work and feed there family, how much did they pay you to type this trashed, even your mum will be ashamed of you as her son, you are very lazy, you just want to stay at home and be collecting salary every month, you are disgrace to yourself and your family.

2 Likes

Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by Exc2000: 9:11am On May 17, 2020
Tboy1419:
. Sometimes I wonder what kind of wicked heart people like you have, is like you are closed to the devil, you read everything and still type rubish here, do you know how many people are hungry in Nigeria, average Nigeria live below $1per day, if you don't want to work then stay at home till 2025, others want to work and feed there family, how much did they pay you to type this trashed, even your mum will be ashamed of you as her son, you are very lazy, you just want to stay at home and be collecting salary every month, you are disgrace to yourself and your family.

I think a dunce who was raised by a prostitute should read the opening paragraph of my comment where I implore that next time, we need policy and laws to mandate us to prepare for pandemic, war and disasters before hand and not wait for it to happen while acting sentimental like losers

If book haram was killing at the rate Corona virus is killing, from street to street, will hungry fools still shout they are hungry and face death?

truly many Africans cant think, they are lower than animals, they just want to eat , reproduce and die.. even if it means killing others to eat they don't mind

Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by Tboy1419: 9:16am On May 17, 2020
Exc2000:

I think a dunce who was raised by a prostitute should read the opening paragraph of my comment where I implore that next time, we need policy and laws to mandate us to prepare for pandemic, war and disasters before hand and not wait for it to happen while acting sentimental like losers

If book haram was killing at the rate Corona virus is killing, from street to street, will hungry fools still shout they are hungry and face death?

truly many Africans cant think, they are lower than animals, they just want to eat , reproduce and die.. even if it means killing others to eat they don't mind

and you as educated person type book Haram, who is the animal here, you lack reproductive system in your body, guy go rest.

1 Like

Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by Exc2000: 9:19am On May 17, 2020
Tboy1419:
and you as educated person type book Haram, who is the animal here, you lack reproductive system in your body, guy go rest.

see someone talkin about education.. typing trash that I don't have reproductive system.. why not bring your sisters to confirm first hand my reproductive system

we know you are hungry, and poor.. yes we know.. but hardworking people like us with many things to leave for and be gratefull for in life wouldn't allow hopeless hungry fools plunge us all to mass death out of selfishness and uselessness either we lock you down in your house or wike locks you down in an isolation center with almajiri, that's your choice

Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by ideaz: 9:29am On May 17, 2020
UNICEF, WHO, Deep state etc.

You're all the same. This is just an attempt to save face. Why this after 2 months, are you just realizing this simple fact? No, you have known all along.

All this scam is about selling vaccine and worse still the microchip inplant for digital ID goal. Is Covid-19 real? Yes. Is it natural or man made? Yet to be proven but using it as an opportunity to achieve an agenda is 100% yes!

Unfortunately, it's not working out as modelled and now you want a safe landing to restrategize.

Nigeria will always be your helpless victim until we build our economy and stop selling our country to the highest bidder.

2 Likes

Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by Snaagg(m): 9:33am On May 17, 2020
Sheunma:
you are the misinformed one here. Vomiting and diarrhea are all symptoms of covid19.

Says who? Your fellow Apes in white coats who call themselves Nigerian doctors?

lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by Tboy1419: 9:35am On May 17, 2020
Exc2000:

see someone talkin about education.. typing trash that I don't have reproductive system.. why not bring your sisters to confirm first hand my reproductive system

we know you are hungry, and poor.. yes we know.. but hardworking people like us with many things to leave for and be gratefull for in life wouldn't allow hopeless hungry fools plunge us all to mass death out of selfishness and uselessness either we lock you down in your house or wike locks you down in an isolation center with almajiri, that's your choice

. Stupid, I stay in Lagos, why are you afraid of death, either you like it or not you will still die one day, is very simple, you said you are hard working, no problem enjoy the fruit of your hard work in peace and allow we the hungry one to go to work and hustle so we can feed our family, yes I know am hungry but am not lazy like you that want the lockdown to continue, other countries are lifting there long down and you want the government to continue lockdown, what will you gain if the economy collapse, if I ask you to give me 20k now will you give me, since the lockdown what has the government don for there citizens, you want to lockdown people without food and money, stupid ideas of yours.

4 Likes

Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by Snaagg(m): 9:42am On May 17, 2020
Acidosis:

I supported the lockdown at a time I expected aggressive testing, contact tracing, etc.

That wasn't done so there's really no point keeping people at home while testing 200 per day in a state with a high rate of community transmission.

The reality now is that the virus was here and still here.

So you've changed mouth cheesy

1 Like

Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by Olarewaju89: 9:43am On May 17, 2020
Even though Buhari hear this, he will still not listen. undecided

Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by Snaagg(m): 9:45am On May 17, 2020
babajero:
You wrote full text book but still sounded empty.

LMAOO! Exc2000 the air head? ... go through all his posts, you sef will lose brain cells just by reading his lengthy trash talk lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by Charity85(m): 9:47am On May 17, 2020
Exc2000:
undecided

each country needs to have a full policy document and piece of legislation on disaster management, this fire brigade approach is very stupid... we should set up a special fund in case things like this happens, because even after Corrona virus goes, Trump is hell bent on giving us another World War, and I doubt Trump vs China, Russia , Iran nuclear war wouldn't be more catastrophic than Corrona Virus, infact we should thank Corona virus for slowing down tensions between the western power bloc and the eastern power bloc

The sooner we start preparing for Lockdowns and War the better for us all, rather than making silly excuses of hunger , poverty and disease

Whats our excuse as Africans not to prepare, Isreal, Saudi and other middle eastern countries without good soil imported tonnes of fertile soil into their country and now produce more than enough agricultural product that they even export.

yet Africa with the resources are listening to insults from UNICEF saying blacks cant follow simple health guideline because they are lazy and hungry.. the sickening part is many people are already commending UNICEF for calling blacks hungry , lazy people who would prefer a plate of food to keeping healthy during dangerous pandemic

In 2020 white racist Unicef Directors still tells Africans , not to take simple health precaution because they are lazy , hungry poor and stupid, while the Unicef workers conducting this report had since travelled back through their various embassy in Nigeria to go to their own country to observe every health directives including lockdown

Buhari please end the lock down so that Kano and Jigawa people, lagos and ogun people can enjoy free movement and transmit whatever is killing them in hundreds across the entire country from SouthEast to SouthSouth and everywhere, Wike should also open the state borders and let Almajiri bring in food from Kano, last last na una without basic health insurance go suffer pass, Unicef people are already in their various countries 2nd week corona entered Nigeria, observing lockdown, Trump test all staffs and people close to him regularly, and once you are positive you can kiss the white house good bye, he isn't even travelling anymore for November election campaings

I can't believe you took time to type this rubbish. Some one calls poverty, hunger and disease "Silly excuse" . UNICEF was talking with facts, using data obtained from mortality of poverty related childhood disease compared to mortality of covid 19 in developing countries, and a fool without any fact spewed gibberish. Are you aware that more than two million under 5 children die yearly from nutrition related factors alone without a pandemic ? No facts, just rants. Since the government is not ready to shoulder responsibility of taking care of it's poor citizens , then they should not decide what manner of death they wish. And next time, talk with facts

2 Likes

Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by Exc2000: 9:48am On May 17, 2020
Snaagg:

LMAOO! Exc2000 the air head? ... go through all his posts, you sef will lose brain cells just by reading his lengthy trash talk lipsrsealed

how pathetic can someone with lowself esteem be, seeking the attention of who he claims reduces his non existing brain cell, going through the post of who doesn't even know you exist... its a free forum for all, free to accommodate all comments.. but dunce must be dunce in seeking attention and quoting people to their sorry existence .. pathetic once again
Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by Tboy1419: 9:49am On May 17, 2020
babajero:
You wrote full text book but still sounded empty.
. Don't mind him, educated illiterate.

1 Like

Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by topatee: 9:51am On May 17, 2020
Exc2000:
undecided

This one na mumu reply, did you read what the research study found out about children not being vectors of covid? go and Google effect of covid on children.

1 Like

Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by smartest2020(m): 9:53am On May 17, 2020
That's true! I have already belieued that if coronavirus couldnt kill us lockdown would definetely do!
We Can avoid virus, but we cant bear hunger! Which is the worse than covid19

1 Like

Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by Exc2000: 9:56am On May 17, 2020
topatee:

This one na mumu reply, did you read what the research study found out about children not being vectors of covid? go and Google effect of covid on children.

I think the only thing mumuish here is picking up a part of the comment to castigate all the points raised.. children or no children , pandemic is out, health officials think stopping transmission through lockdown would ease it, unicef who are social workers stated the need of factoring socialeconomic point in measures of containing the virus.. and my position starting from my first paragraph encourage better planning through policy and laws preparing for inevitable future pandemic, disasters and war through funding.. yet you are here craping my mention with talks of chirdren being a vector or host
Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by Snaagg(m): 9:56am On May 17, 2020
Tboy1419:
. Stupid, I stay in Lagos, why are you afraid of death, either you like it or not you will still die one day, is very simple, you said you are hard working, no problem enjoy the fruit of your hard work in peace and allow we the hungry one to go to work and hustle so we can feed our family, yes I know am hungry but am not lazy like you that want the lockdown to continue, other countries are lifting there long down and you want the government to continue lockdown, what will you gain if the economy collapse, if I ask you to give me 20k now will you give me, since the lockdown what has the government don for there citizens, you want to lockdown people without food and money, stupid ideas of yours.

You don't honestly believe this about Exc2000 do you? Dude comes off like an I never chop.

Just sayin' undecided

3 Likes

Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by alphaRego01(m): 9:59am On May 17, 2020
Lol.na now these ones generator de start embarassed

1 Like

Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by galadima77(m): 10:00am On May 17, 2020
HeadNigga:
UNICEF is on point. Copying other countries without considering our peculiarities is not a wise decision

All these daft leaders sef... All they know is tyranny!
Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by Exc2000: 10:01am On May 17, 2020
Charity85:

I can't believe you took time to type this rubbish. Some one calls poverty, hunger and disease "Silly excuse" . UNICEF was talking with facts, using data obtained from mortality of poverty related childhood disease compared to mortality of covid 19 in developing countries, and a fool without any fact spewed gibberish. Are you aware that more than two million under 5 children die yearly from nutrition related factors alone without a pandemic ? No facts, just rants. Since the government is not ready to shoulder responsibility of taking care of it's poor citizens , then they should not decide what manner of death they wish. And next time, talk with facts

I started with this point each country needs to have a full policy document and piece of legislation on disaster management, this fire brigade approach is very stupid... we should set up a special fund in case things like this happens

Lockdown is definitely affecting many peoples brain.. cos this is more than sentiment or stupidity
Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by galadima77(m): 10:03am On May 17, 2020
Davisk11:
useless leaders we have in this country.

You no lie
Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by galadima77(m): 10:17am On May 17, 2020
Luckydubby7:
No, let them keep locking down.
Ignorance.
Some lazy tins here kept supporting this injustice and inhuman policy of lockdown without thinking with their brain.
Lockdown till December 31st 2025 it wouldn't stop the virus from spreading.

The annoying part being there's no single plan on what to do with/during the lockdown and no idea on how to control the curve. Thus left to our leaders the lockdown can be indefinite
Re: UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 by Phyde: 10:19am On May 17, 2020
mvem:
Oga no economy in the world can sustain a lockdown indefinitely. Why is US easing up despite their numbers being the highest in the world, because they are tired. Millions are losing their jobs,bankruptcy, poverty rate all will increase and this has an indirect relationship to even the populace health. At the end the lockdown will have a negative effect which UNICEF highlighted in the article. Africa is even worse,we just copied and pasted what the Europeans were doing without paying attention to societal differences. Look at the Swedish model that is looking viable, they had no lockdown but found ways to mitigate the virus. The point is they should have been a logical approach to find a buffer. Mitigate the virus spread but at same time make sure that the populace can still earn, feed, seek healthcare etc....WHO predicted that malaria,TB,HIV etc will kill more than twice of what it kills it Africa because of the direct and indirect effect of the lockdown. Why?...because health workers are not longer in the hospitals, private clinics are closed, NGO have run short of funding, Poverty rate increases and the common man won't be able to get treatment, drug,surgery etc for his common ailment etc etc...look at the bigger picture. Do you know how many that had to stop cancer treatment, postpone surgeries because of this lockdown
No logical approach at this time can work in Nigeria because we are communal, socialise and stubborn in nature. Social distancing is not working which i have seen in most of our markets, banks and buses, not everyone are wearing the fask and most of the mask are just for fashion and less preventive. I hope we won't get to a point where health officials will totally suspend all operations cause they human with families too who need support from citizens like us.
It looks like we are at the Mecy of God and our Immune system cause we are pesently in a confused state logically.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tim Godfrey Healed Of Paralysis After Scientists Told Him His Bones Are Old / How Risky Is MouthAction? (A MUST READ) / Plastic Surgeon Made His Wife Perfect Using His Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.