Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:03 PM

6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children (29955 Views)

Why Are Godly Parents Not Raising Godly Seeds? / Tithe Is Not For Everyone. ...(the Only Tithe That Is Godly And Blessed ) / Ten Keys To Raising Godly Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by haywhy80: 5:40pm On May 31, 2020
akymolawale:
Guys check out the most richest men in the world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsk_qdnT3LM
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by Moorfy: 6:25pm On May 31, 2020
I don't understand you how will you not know that your true parent gave birth to you. Na b say na only you de this world ba. One person must know whether family or friends. Let me not go too far if you had ever heard of distress call it only exist between mother and child. Or DNA go expose you if you mean to know someday. I have seen real parent misbehave and the child self go de doubt talk much no b your parents signs will surely come out.
sunshineV:
Incase u can't read epistle what the OP said is

We wouldn't believe in Christ and all the stories in the Bible because they don't make sense like jesus walking on water, Samson tore the mouth of lion with his bare hands, a small piece of stone killed Goliath, Moses parted the sea with his rod, Elijah flew to heaven etc because we have a fully developed brain and we can tell lies from truth but as a kid we can't, we just digest all the lies as it is and it become a part of us. Take for example

How do we know our parents are our true parents? Because we are told so. Because we grew up with them. Because we grew up to know them as our mama and Dada.... Same thing will happen if we were truly adopted.

My point is, all the Bible is us just a story book filled with stories for kids that why an adult won't believe such stories.

Thank you
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by kingsleefolli(m): 8:57pm On May 31, 2020
Nice write up,lesson learnt thanks for the tips

1 Like

Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by femi4: 9:37pm On May 31, 2020
Kobojunkie:
It is all doctrines of men because they are manmade rules that continue to fall short.
If you want rules that won't fail, stick to the one Jesus Christ ALONE has given, and see the difference.
So Christ will tell you to body shamed your kids. You're just impossible
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On May 31, 2020
femi4:
So Christ will tell you to body shamed your kids. You're just impossible
Where did Christ tell you to body Shame your kids though? Please feel free to provide reference grin
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by femi4: 10:02pm On May 31, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Where did Christ tell you to body Shame your kids though? Please feel free to provide reference grin
Go back and start reading from where our conversation started ..you are not communicating
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by KLand(m): 10:07pm On May 31, 2020
JourneytoEL:
Do you know why many adults today are suffering from low esteem? It is because of their upbringing. This has affected their life choices in careers, marriage and even their faith, as they can be easily swayed away from the Godly life they were raised with to living a sinful life. Read on to learn helpful tips you can use to raise your little ones to be a Godly and confident individual.

1 Do not body-shame or insult your kids.
Don't call your kids "dudu", "blacky" ,"hummer head" ,"wowo","blockhead" ,"big-mouth" ,"lekpa", "orobo-kiti", "ugly child", "Anya 4:30", "hammer head of horror" "idiot" "fool" "goat" "slowpoke"etc. If you are doing these already please stop it ASAP. Ha! Many ladies who are bleaching today are doing so because their parents used to mockingly call them blacky. Were you the one that created your child?, did she create herself? so why are you insulting her. These types of insults will remain in the minds of your kids all through their lives. That your daughter that you constantly call wowo will at the age of 14 have a toaster that will call her beautiful. Do you know what she will do? she will leave your advice and run into his hands just because no one calls her beautiful at home. Even as a joke, never ridicle your kids and caution whoever tries to do that.

2. Always call them by sweet names
Always call your kids beautiful, miss world, mr handsome etc. Proclaim God's blessings on them by calling them child of favour, child of grace, blessed child,prosperity is your name, love, apple of God's eyes, 'uwa-oma', peaceful child, my joy, my firstfruit, future president get my phone from the room etc. You can even customize these names in your local dialect for your kids. Personally, i don't call my kids endurance, perseverance and patience, biko don't ask me why grin grin grin

3. Give them positive proclaimations to say daily.
Say these statements with your kids daily at the end of their morning prayers. You can spice it up by jumping, hitting your chests, or shouting hurray to make them gingered.
I am beautifully and wonderfully made (x3)
I can do all things through Christ that strenghtens me (x3)
I am blessed, I am favoured and I am a child of grace (x3)
I am strong, i am beautiful, I am great, I can do anything (x3)
My protector is awake. The protector of (INSERT NAME e.g ugo) never doses or sleep (x3)

4. Don't flog or scold your kids excessively
Yes, the bible says spare the rod and spoil your child, but just as with all things, flogging or scolding your child excessively is very detrimental to their esteem. It leads to two things, either the child stops getting scared of been flogged or scolded or the child's spirit gets broken. He becomes a dummy, has no say of his own. He won't be able to speak out for his rights when been maltreated as an adult. On the either end, they can become narcisstic, beating up their spouses because they believe that is the only way to correct someone. Your kids are individuals with their own minds just like you. Learn to take them by your side and ask why they acted in a bad manner. Listen to their opinion and their point of view and correct accordingly. If you must spank use a cane and beat on their palms or buttocks. Please don't use your hands,belt,pepper,iron to slap or inflict bodily marks on them.

5. Treat your kids equally
Always show your kids that you love them equally whether or not it is true. Not doing so can make them grow up feeling like they are not good enough. Don't show one kid more love or buy better gifts than the rest. This act can breed sibling rivalry that will last even after you are gone.

6. Preach and practice Godly values with them
Teach your kids Godly values like love, peace, humility, forgiveness and how God hates envy, jealousy, lies etc. You can tell the first to forfeit his meat for the last, if he does without hesitation reward him with two meats. Tell the last to hug and forgive the elder sibling who spanked her. These values last for a lifetime. Remember to practice what you preach. You can't be beating your wife and be teaching your kids about love.

Lastly, endeavor to pray for them always. It is only God that can perfect our efforts. Please post some cute names and useful tips others can learn from in this thread.

Thanks for sharing.
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by JourneytoEL(f): 6:20am On Jun 01, 2020
KLand:

Thanks for sharing.
u are welcome
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by Kobojunkie: 6:23am On Jun 01, 2020
femi4:
Go back and start reading from where our conversation started ..you are not communicating

Kobojunkie:
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by fairlyisabel(f): 8:52am On Jun 01, 2020
Oh God! number 3 nearly made me cry. Number 3 and 6 really touched me.
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by FarmTech(m): 11:30pm On Jun 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Why do I have to worry about same-sex marriage or any of the sins committed by those who are not of Christ? Did Christ say we ought to worry ourselves about such things?
Well, I live in that world outside the church and I have experienced some of the greatest of kindness at the hands of those who don't even believe there is a God. Yes, some of the best people I have ever met have been people who do not care about the things of God and are focused on helping and being the best they can be to their fellow man. Some of the worst people I have ever met have been people who have one foot in the church of men.
I have seen how people who are inside your churches live and I know there is a terrible curse on those who live as hypocrites in the name of God. I think I am better off taking my chances with those who are outside. grin
Of I were u, I'll focus on Christ. Don't allow bad Christians to land u in hell.
If u are a child of God, whatever worries God will worry u. Sin will worry u. When Lot saw the sins of Sodom he was worried and distressed. Apostle Peter said: Yes, Lot was a righteous man who was tormented in his soul by the wickedness he saw and heard day after day. 2 Pet 2:8.
No righteous man ever feel comfortable in the presence of sin, be it dirty jokes and songs, seductive behaviors, immodest etc. Whenever u are with people of the world, tell them the truth about sin let's see how much u'll enjoy their company.
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by Kobojunkie: 11:35pm On Jun 02, 2020
FarmTech:
Of I were u, I'll focus on Christ. Don't allow bad Christians to land u in hell.
.If u are a child of God, whatever worries God will worry u. Sin will worry u. When Lot saw the sins of Sodom he was worried and distressed. Apostle Paul said:
Those who are born again need not worry about sin, for their primary focus is on staying led by the Spirit of God in all things. grin
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by FarmTech(m): 11:46pm On Jun 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Those who are born again need not worry about sin, for their primary focus is on staying led by the Spirit of God in all things. grin
Pls go back and read my updated reply.
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by Kobojunkie: 12:07am On Jun 03, 2020
FarmTech:
Pls go back and read my updated reply.
Done!
FarmTech:
If u are a child of God, whatever worries God will worry u. Sin will worry u. When Lot saw the sins of Sodom he was worried and distressed. Apostle Peter said: Yes, Lot was a righteous man who was tormented in his soul by the wickedness he saw and heard day after day. 2 Pet 2:8.
Lot, Job included, did not have what we have today... the Peace of Christ grin
FarmTech:
No righteous man ever feel comfortable in the presence of sin, be it dirty jokes and songs, seductive behaviors, immodest etc. Whenever u are with people of the world, tell them the truth about sin let's see how much u'll enjoy their company.
Jesus Himself partied - drank and ate among sinners. When he was confronted with the case of the woman caught in the act of adultery, do you remember what Jesus said?

John 8 vs 11
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.
2. Early in the morning he came again to the temple. All the people came to him, and he sat down and taught them.
3. The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst
4. they said to him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery.
5. Now in the Law, Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?”
6. This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground.
7. And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.”
8. And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground.
9. But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him.
10. Jesus stood up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”
11. She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.”]]
We live in a world of sin. We are not of the world, it does not mean we should be uncomfortable with life in this world. We are not judges of those who are of the world, nor are we called to condemn those who are in the world.
The more open-minded we are(child-like), the more useful for the work of God we become.
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by FarmTech(m): 10:18am On Jun 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Done!
Lot, Job included, did not have what we have today... the Peace of Christ grin

Jesus Himself partied - drank and ate among sinners. When he was confronted with the case of the woman caught in the act of adultery, do you remember what Jesus said?

We live in a world of sin. We are not of the world, it does not mean we should be uncomfortable with life in this world. We are not judges of those who are of the world, nor are we called to condemn those who are in the world.
The more open-minded we are(child-like), the more useful for the work of God we become.
I don't think u get what I mean. Will u be comfortable when sinners discuss and promote s*x in ur presence? When they sing songs and crack jokes that a filthy? If the world is not my home, why shud I feel comfortable in it?

Talking about judging and condemning, I condemn no one. I only judge between what is right and what is wrong. We have the right to judge what people do, but not the right to judge people. I will explain more later.
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by Kobojunkie: 6:24pm On Jun 06, 2020
FarmTech:
I don't think u get what I mean. Will u be comfortable when sinners discuss and promote s*x in ur presence? When they sing songs and crack jokes that a filthy? If the world is not my home, why shud I feel comfortable in it?

Do you know that when Jesus was here on earth, the same problems existed, but you never read of Him isolating Himself from the world around Him? No, He mingled - ate and drank with the sinners of His time. This was His home while He lived. If the one you call your saviour had no problem living here, why do you?
Now, as concerns the problem of temptation to commit sexual sins, Jesus commands that each person look inwards for the problem, and not outwards - resist the temptation to blame others for your weaknesses. The one's we call the world,the sinners, are not to blame for our individual weaknesses. If you doubt it, read what Jesus Christ said.

Matthew 5 vs 27-30
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
27. “You have heard that it was said, ‘You must not commit adultery.’[e]
27. But I tell you that if a man looks at a woman and wants to sin sexually with her, he has already committed that sin with her in his mind.
27. If your right eye makes you sin, take it out and throw it away. It is better to lose one part of your body than to have your whole body thrown into hell.
27. If your right hand makes you sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.
When a man looks and lusts after a woman, it is not the woman's fault that the man is tempted but the man who is weak in his body -- his body is the one to be punished. Leave the woman alone for she has nothing to do with your weakness.
If you are tempted when sinners discuss and promote s*x in your presence, remove yourself from their presence. If you don't like the songs they sing or you feel the jokes are too filthy or raunchy for your mind, remove yourself from there and go where you don't have to listen to all that. The problem, according to Jesus Christ, isn't those who you think but you -- you are the author of your own temptation and you nee to deal with the reasons for why you are tempted by such things.
FarmTech:
Talking about judging and condemning, I condemn no one. I only judge between what is right and what is wrong. We have the right to judge what people do, but not the right to judge people. I will explain more later.
But again, Jesus repeats Himself in Matthew 18, thing time in reference to all sins. You are not to judge the people but judge yourself in this. Again, you see Him laying the blame on the one who is tempted and not the one we always like to assume the tempter. For this reason when I see "Christians" accuse Satan or the devil for their sins, I wonder if they even know that Jesus never blamed the devil but the one who is being tempted.

Matthew 18 vs 6-9
6. “If one of these little children believes in me, and someone causes that child to sin, it will be very bad for that person. It would be better for them to have a millstone tied around their neck and be drowned in the deep sea.
7. I feel sorry for the people in the world because of the things that make people sin. These things must happen, but it will be very bad for anyone who causes them to happen.
8. “If your hand or your foot makes you sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose part of your body and have eternal life than to have two hands and two feet and be thrown into the fire that burns forever.
9. If your eye makes you sin, take it out and throw it away. It is better for you to have only one eye and have eternal life than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.
God also did say the heart of man is extremely wicked. He ain't pinning man's sins on Satan or the devil. So why do we?

Jeremiah 17 vs 9-10(KJV)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
10 I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
One is right to conclude that the genesis of all temptation stems from the wickedness stored up in the heart of the one who is tempted -- has nothing to do with the one who is seen as the tempter.
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by FarmTech(m): 12:16am On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Do you know that when Jesus was here on earth, the same problems existed, but you never read of Him isolating Himself from the world around Him? No, He mingled - ate and drank with the sinners of His time. This was His home while He lived. If the one you call your saviour had no problem living here, why do you?
Yea, he wined and dinned with sinners. But they did not sin in the presence of Jesus. They did not dress half naked for Jesus. They did not sing dirty songs and cracked dirty jokes for Jesus. They did not party sinfully for Jesus. What I see today are hypocrite Christians that will enjoy sinners' company. If any of these had happened in Jesus's presence, he would have preached to them. I don't see that in many Christians today.

Kobojunkie:

Now, as concerns the problem of temptation to commit sexual sins, Jesus commands that each person look inwards for the problem, and not outwards - resist the temptation to blame others for your weaknesses. The one's we call the world,the sinners, are not to blame for our individual weaknesses. If you doubt it, read what Jesus Christ said.
If I sin, I blame myself. That is what responsibility is all about. But to say that the tempter is not to be blamed is not entirely true. Because God will blame both the sinner and the tempter. If u lead people to sin, u are a sinner. LUKE 17:1 - New Living Translation
"One day Jesus said to his disciples, “There will always be temptations to sin, but what sorrow awaits the person who does the tempting!" If u dress half naked and people sin by lusting after u, God will judge you. You won't go free. If u create lust in the hearts of people with songs and jokes, God will punish u. Both you (the tempter) and the sinner will be punished.

Kobojunkie:

When a man looks and lusts after a woman, it is not the woman's fault that the man is tempted but the man who is weak in his body -- his body is the one to be punished. Leave the woman alone for she has nothing to do with your weakness.
If the woman in question was not behaving like a prostitute, then she is free. But if she was, God will punish both the luster and the woman. Luke 17:1 applies here.

Kobojunkie:

If you are tempted when sinners discuss and promote s*x in your presence, remove yourself from their presence. If you don't like the songs they sing or you feel the jokes are too filthy or raunchy for your mind, remove yourself from there and go where you don't have to listen to all that. The problem, according to Jesus Christ, isn't those who you think but you -- you are the author of your own temptation and you nee to deal with the reasons for why you are tempted by such things.
When sinners promote sexual immorality with there jokes and songs, it doesn't tempt me. Rather, it fills me with anger. Rather that remove myself from there, I preach to them. That's a better way to deal with it. 2 Core 10:5 - "We tear down arguments and every presumption set up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."

Kobojunkie:

But again, Jesus repeats Himself in Matthew 18, thing time in reference to all sins. You are not to judge the people but judge yourself in this. Again, you see Him laying the blame on the one who is tempted and not the one we always like to assume the tempter. For this reason when I see "Christians" accuse Satan or the devil for their sins, I wonder if they even know that Jesus never blamed the devil but the one who is being tempted.

God also did say the heart of man is extremely wicked. He ain't pinning man's sins on Satan or the devil. So why do we?

One is right to conclude that the genesis of all temptation stems from the wickedness stored up in the heart of the one who is tempted -- has nothing to do with the one who is seen as the tempter.
U quoted a passage and misinterpreted it. Read from other translation if u find this one confusing. God blames both the sinner and the tempter. But the sinner shud just blame himself and repent.
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by Kobojunkie: 12:43am On Jun 07, 2020
FarmTech:
Yea, he wined and dinned with sinners. But they did not sin in the presence of Jesus. They did not dress half naked for Jesus. They did not sing dirty songs and cracked dirty jokes for Jesus. They did not party sinfully for Jesus.
Have you any information(Bible references for instance )to prove any of the assertions you make above about sinners not comitting their sins in front of Jesus Christ, while He mingled with them?
FarmTech:
What I see today are hypocrite Christians that will enjoy sinners' company. If any of these had happened in Jesus's presence, he would have preached to them. I don't see that in many Christians today.
As to preaching to those caught in the act of sinning, well, I suggest you take from Jesus' example where even He chose not to condemn the sinner for her sins in the example below.

John 8 vs 1-11 (ERV)
1. Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.
2. Early in the morning he went back to the Temple area. The people all came to him, and he sat and taught them.
3. The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought a woman they had caught in bed with a man who was not her husband. They forced her to stand in front of the people.
4. They said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery.
5. The Law of Moses commands us to stone to death any such woman. What do you say we should do?”
6. They were saying this to trick Jesus. They wanted to catch him saying something wrong so that they could have a charge against him. But Jesus stooped down and started writing on the ground with his finger.
7. The Jewish leaders continued to ask him their question. So he stood up and said, “Anyone here who has never sinned should throw the first stone at her.”
8. Then Jesus stooped down again and wrote on the ground.
9. When they heard this, they began to leave one by one. The older men left first, and then the others. Jesus was left alone with the woman standing there in front of him.
10. He looked up again and said to her, “Where did they all go? Did no one judge you guilty?”
11. She answered, “No one, sir.”
Then Jesus said, “I don’t judge you either. You can go now, but don’t sin again.”[a]
Jesus was well aware that the woman in question was condemned by the Law of Moses to die at the hands of those men, but did He condemn her by those same laws? No, He told her He did not. grin
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by FarmTech(m): 12:58am On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Have you any information(Bible references for instance )to prove any of the assertions you make above about sinners not comitting their sins in front of Jesus Christ, while He mingled with them?
You missed when I wrote "If any of these had happened in Jesus's presence, he would have preached to them. I don't see that in many Christians today". Of course, some sins were committed in front of Christ. Like the money exchangers in the temple. And u remembered how Christ handled them. Try that today and hypocrite Christians will come for u with passages like " Christ came for sinners", why chase them away? Who are u to judge? The church is for sinners etc. The church is not meant for sinners that have baptised and Christianize their sins. Sins like immodesty, celebrity worship, dirty jokes etc.

Kobojunkie:

As to preaching to those caught in the act of sinning, well, I suggest you take from Jesus' example where even He chose not to condemn the sinner for her sins in the example below.

Jesus was well aware that the woman in question was condemned by the Law of Moses to die at the hands of those men, but did He condemn her by those same laws? No, He told her He did not. grin
Don't confuse preaching and condemning. When u tell someone to repent, u are trying to save him. It is not condemning. The bible is full with "repent from this and that". What did Jesus finally told the woman? "Go and sin no more". That is preaching.
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by Kobojunkie: 1:15am On Jun 07, 2020
FarmTech:
You missed when I wrote "If any of these had happened in Jesus's presence, he would have preached to them. I don't see that in many Christians today". Of course, some sins were committed in front of Christ. Like the money exchangers in the temple. And u remembered how Christ handled them.
You also remember where the crime was committed? I believe the reason for Christ's reaction had more to do with the location of the act than the act itself.

Matthew 21 vs 12-18 (ERV)
12. Jesus went into the Temple area. He threw out all those who were selling and buying things there. He turned over the tables that belonged to those who were exchanging different kinds of money. And he turned over the benches of those who were selling doves.
12. Jesus said to them, “The Scriptures say, ‘My Temple will be called a house of prayer.’[c] But you are changing it into a ‘hiding place for thieves.’[d]”
12. Some blind people and some who were crippled came to Jesus in the Temple area. Jesus healed them.
12. The leading priests and the teachers of the law saw the wonderful things he was doing. And they saw the children praising him in the Temple area. The children were shouting, “Praise to the Son of David.” All this made the priests and the teachers of the law angry.
12. They asked Jesus, “Do you hear what these children are saying?”
He answered, “Yes. The Scriptures say, ‘You have taught children and babies to give praise.’[e] Have you not read that Scripture?”
12. Then Jesus left them and went out of the city to Bethany, where he spent the night.

FarmTech:
Try that today and hypocrite Christians will come for u with passages like " Christ came for sinners", why chase them away? Who are u to judge? The church is for sinners etc. The church is not meant for sinners that have baptised and Christianize their sins. Sins like immodesty, celebrity worship, dirty jokes etc.

You forget that the temple in question, the only house of God that existed even at that time has been destroyed and there is no longer a "holy" place on the planet. And God made no request to have any other temple built in His name. Jesus never instructed His disciples to build structures to His honor either, and there is no record of the apostles or the early Christians doing any such thing.
Your church buildings today are simply buildings/structures built by the hands of men and to the specifications of men and nothing more. They have nothing to do with God at all. Buildings build for the intentions of men are great places for all sorts to congregate.
FarmTech:

Don't confuse preaching and condemning. When u tell someone to repent, u are trying to save him. It is not condemning. The bible is full with "repent from this and that". What did Jesus finally told the woman? "Go and sin no more". That is preaching.
If you say so! grin
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by FarmTech(m): 12:43pm On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You also remember where the crime was committed? I believe the reason for Christ's reaction had more to do with the location of the act than the act itself.

Bro, even if the act was committed outside the temple, Jesus, his disciples and every sane Christian will speak up against evil. When Jesus rebuked the pharisees etc, his did that outside the temple also. One of ur job as a christian is to go outside and pull sinners to Christ. If u see evil, no matter where, preach against it whenever u can.
When people gather and start their dirty discussions, u will notice that some of them do the main talking while others listen. Those are Satan's evangelist. Will u allow them to keep on poisoning people's mind? Speak up. There is power in spoken word. That is why Christ said that we'll all give account of every single word we said. I keep warning people: dirty songs and jokes will land u in hell. U can't pollute other people's minds and expect God to accept u in his kingdom.

Kobojunkie:

You forget that the temple in question, the only house of God that existed even at that time has been destroyed and there is no longer a "holy" place on the planet. And God made no request to have any other temple built in His name. Jesus never instructed His disciples to build structures to His honor either, and there is no record of the apostles or the early Christians doing any such thing.
Your church buildings today are simply buildings/structures built by the hands of men and to the specifications of men and nothing more. They have nothing to do with God at all. Buildings build for the intentions of men are great places for all sorts to congregate.

If you say so! grin
U are right, they are just buildings. But so long as godly people congregate there, it becomes a church. The church of God are godly humans and all sort of people shud not be allowed to congregate there. There are ladies that will dress half naked to church and lure others to sin. Just as smokers and drinkers are not allowed to smoke and drink in the church, half naked women shud not be allowed in the church. "a little yeast will cause the whole bread to rise". The reason why many sins exist in the church today is because they were not stopped when it was still little.
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
FarmTech:
Bro, even if the act was committed outside the temple, Jesus, his disciples and every sane Christian will speak up against evil. When Jesus rebuked the pharisees etc, his did that outside the temple also. One of ur job as a christian is to go outside and pull sinners to Christ. If u see evil, no matter where, preach against it whenever u can.
Did you ever notice that He did not give sinners the same treatment He gave the Pharisees? The Pharisees were the Rabbis/ Teachers of the Law/a.k.a Pastors/Preachers/Prophets of the Old Covenant during Jesus's time and Jesus never approached them in the same way He approached mere sinners. He didn't rebuke sinners or castigate them in any way. But He did that to the Pharisees, men who believed they were "men of God."

My job is not to PULL anyone, but to tell everyone who Jesus is -- about His good news (the new covenant) and His Kingdom. The pulling I leave to the Spirit of God since it is His job after all.
FarmTech:
When people gather and start their dirty discussions, u will notice that some of them do the main talking while others listen. Those are Satan's evangelist. Will u allow them to keep on poisoning people's mind? Speak up. There is power in spoken word. That is why Christ said that we'll all give account of every single word we said. I keep warning people: dirty songs and jokes will land u in hell. U can't pollute other people's minds and expect God to accept u in his kingdom.

* Satan has nothing to do with the intentions of man. The wickedness that comes out of each man comes directly from the hearts of the men in question. God, Himself says that evil/wickedness sits in the heart of man. It's all man, and so Satan has no need for men as evangelists.

Jeremiah 17 vs 9-10(ERV)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
10 I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

* To those who are in Christ Jesus, it is better to obey Jesus's Christ's commandments every way than to engage in a war that has nothing to do with what Jesus Christ wants us to do. So, no one who lives in obedience to Christ can pollute the mind of another.
* We each give an account for the words we have spoken, not for the words others have spoken.

FarmTech:
U are right, they are just buildings. But so long as godly people congregate there, it becomes a church. The church of God are godly humans and all sort of people shud not be allowed to congregate there. There are ladies that will dress half naked to church and lure others to sin. Just as smokers and drinkers are not allowed to smoke and drink in the church, half naked women shud not be allowed in the church. "a little yeast will cause the whole bread to rise". The reason why many sins exist in the church today is because they were not stopped when it was still little.
The building remains just a building. It is not transformed by the presence of Children of God, in much the same way that a Prison is not transformed into a Church by the presence of Children of God in some of its cells.

God has no issue with our dressing, you know that, right?

God created Adam and Eve, naked, and God said it was good. He watched Adam and Eve run about stark naked in His garden for a time. When God saw that Adam, and Eve, had become suddenly ashamed of the good thing that He, God, had created, God, out of pity, made clothing to cover their shame (not God's shame).

You need to understand that what others choose to wear is none of your business, and God has made no man police over others. Jesus showed us this in his treatment of sinners. He mingled with them, drank and partied with them -- He never policed them.
We ought to live as He, Jesus Christ did, not as our depraved minds would rather we do, imposing our myopic and immature views on others, claiming we do so in the name of God.
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by FarmTech(m): 12:05am On Jun 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Did you ever notice that He did not give sinners the same treatment He gave the Pharisees? The Pharisees were the Rabbis/ Teachers of the Law/a.k.a Pastors/Preachers/Prophets of the Old Covenant during Jesus's time and Jesus never approached them in the same way He approached mere sinners. He didn't rebuke sinners or castigate them in any way. But He did that to the Pharisees, men who believed they were "men of God."
A whole article have been written for people with ur kind reasoning here: https://biblicaltruthresources./2015/09/25/jesus-only-rebuked-the-pharisees-not-sinners-is-a-lie-jesse-morrell/

My job is not to PULL anyone, but to tell everyone who Jesus is -- about His good news (the new covenant) and His Kingdom. The pulling I leave to the Spirit of God since it is His job after all.

Jude 1:23: but others save with fear, PULLING them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.

* Satan has nothing to do with the intentions of man. The wickedness that comes out of each man comes directly from the hearts of the men in question. God, Himself says that evil/wickedness sits in the heart of man. It's all man, and so Satan has no need for men as evangelists.
U don't even get me at all. Satan's children are his evangelists. Those who promote Satan's ideologies are his evangelists. 'Satan's evangelists' is a word coined by me.

[quote]
* To those who are in Christ Jesus, it is better to obey Jesus's Christ's commandments every way than to engage in a war that has nothing to do with what Jesus Christ wants us to do.
Really?
2 Cor 10:5: We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.

So, no one who lives in obedience to Christ can pollute the mind of another.
I did not even oppose this view.

* We each give an account for the words we have spoken, not for the words others have spoken.
Did I oppose this one? What I an saying is that, people who cracked dirty jokes and sing dirty songs will pollute not only themselves, but some others that are listening. And God will hold them accountable for misleading others.

The building remains just a building. It is not transformed by the presence of Children of God, in much the same way that a Prison is not transformed into a Church by the presence of Children of God in some of its cells.

Another misunderstanding when I clearly said: "The church of God are godly humans".

God has no issue with our dressing, you know that, right?

God created Adam and Eve, naked, and God said it was good. He watched Adam and Eve run about stark naked in His garden for a time. When God saw that Adam, and Eve, had become suddenly ashamed of the good thing that He, God, had created, God, out of pity, made clothing to cover their shame (not God's shame).

You need to understand that what others choose to wear is none of your business, and God has made no man police over others.
Really really? Seems like u like it when u see girls in mini skirt and bum shorts. Does God like it when women dress like prostitutes to entice men? I don't know the God u serve. But my God will not tolerate sin.
What we put on does not matter, u said. But the bible recorded how priests shud dress. Apostle Paul wrote about women dressing modestly and David, in Psalm, described a woman who dressed " like a prostitute".

Jesus showed us this in his treatment of sinners. He mingled with them, drank and partied with them -- He never policed them.
We ought to live as He, Jesus Christ did, not as our depraved minds would rather we do, imposing our myopic and immature views on others, claiming we do so in the name of God.
Do u know about Christian discipline? Handing an unrepentant sinner over to Satan? It means excommunication from the church. If a smoker is warned not to smoke inside the church and he refuse, what shud be done to him?
Ur mind may be depraved, your views myopic and immature. But not my own. It is now clear that u are out to promote false teachings in Christianity. Only those who don't read and study their Bible will fall victim. Twisting the word of God to promote immorality will bring down God's anger on you. Repent and give your life to Christ before it is too late.
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by Kobojunkie: 12:25am On Jun 09, 2020
FarmTech:
A whole article have been written for people with ur kind reasoning here: https://biblicaltruthresources./2015/09/25/jesus-only-rebuked-the-pharisees-not-sinners-is-a-lie-jesse-morrell/
Please use your brain! That an article was written does not mean the article is correct. The same applies to most of the teachings and doctrines out there, many of them in complete contradiction to what Jesus taught and lived.

Did you know that Jesus told His followers never to consider themselves TEACHERS or RABBIS? Yes, that is one of the commandments of the New Covenant. They are there to preach the good news of the Kingdom of God - essentially tell people of the New Covenant, Jesus Christ. And under circumstances are they to TEACH anything, so they do not by doing so create doctrines, rules, and traditions, which again Jesus warned leads only to rendering our worship/service of God meaningless

Matthew 23 vs 8-12 (ERV)
8. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers.[c]
9. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
10. Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ.
11. The greatest among you shall be your servant.
12. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
Eventually, you have to make up your mind about who to trust in all of this. Jesus Christ, the very embodiment of the Covenant that God promised His people? Or ordinary men and women who claim to know God but speak words and teach in contradiction to the very word of Jesus Christ Himself.
FarmTech:
Jude 1:23: but others save with fear, PULLING them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.
One thing about a book, any book, the Bible included, is that to understand what is written, you have to read in context and also be sure you have a good grasp of the language in which the text is written

Jude 1 vs 20-23 (ERV)
17. Dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ said would happen.
18. They told you, “In the last times there will be people who laugh at God and do only what they want to do—things that are against God.”
19. These are the people who divide you. They are not spiritual, because they don’t have the Spirit.
20. But you, dear friends, use your most holy faith to build yourselves up even stronger. Pray with the help of the Holy Spirit.
21. Keep yourselves safe in God’s love, as you wait for the Lord Jesus Christ in his mercy to give you eternal life.
22. Help those who have doubts.
23. Rescue those who are living in danger of hell’s fire. There are others you should treat with mercy, but be very careful that their filthy lives don’t rub off on you.
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by FarmTech(m): 12:35am On Jun 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Please use your brain! That an article was written does not mean the article is correct. The same applies to most of the teachings and doctrines out there, many of them in complete contradiction to what Jesus taught and lived.

Did you know that Jesus told His followers never to consider themselves TEACHERS or RABBIS? Yes, that is one of the commandments of the New Covenant. They are there to preach the good news of the Kingdom of God - essentially tell people of the New Covenant, Jesus Christ. And under circumstances are they to TEACH anything, so they do not by doing so create doctrines, rules, and traditions, which again Jesus warned leads only to rendering our worship/service of God meaningless

Eventually, you have to make up your mind about who to trust in all of this. Jesus Christ, the very embodiment of the Covenant that God promised His people? Or ordinary men and women who claim to know God but speak words and teach in contradiction to the very word of Jesus Christ Himself.

One thing about a book, any book, the Bible included, is that to understand what is written, you have to read in context and also be sure you have a good grasp of the language in which the text is written
U have not said anything here. U only want to digress to other things. Let's be focus.
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by Kobojunkie: 12:41am On Jun 09, 2020
FarmTech:
U have not said anything here. U only want to digress to other things. Let's be focus.
My response is tailored to your response. grin

My message remains that we go back to the original Good news message that is Jesus Christ, the New Covenant which God promised us. We should live as Jesus lived, and that is doing things exactly as He did it, not as men have told us to through their doctrines and rules which are anti-Christ, because they are in direct disobedience to the very commandment that Christ has given us, and them, to follow.
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by FarmTech(m): 12:46am On Jun 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:
My response is tailored to your response. grin

My message remains that we go back to the original Good news message that is Jesus Christ, the New Covenant which God promised us. We should live as Jesus lived, and that is doing things exactly as He did it, not as men have told us to through their doctrines and rules which are anti-Christ, because they are in direct disobedience to the very commandment that Christ has given us, and them, to follow.
. Do u believe in the books written by Christ's apostles?
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by FarmTech(m): 12:49am On Jun 09, 2020
But I still repeat. u have not answered anything from my last detailed post.
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by Kobojunkie: 12:53am On Jun 09, 2020
FarmTech:

. Do u believe in the books written by Christ's apostles?
I believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God. I believe He, Jesus Christ, sent out His apostles to preach the message that He, Jesus Christ, taught and nothing more.
Since Jesus Christ is my only teacher and instructor as He was to each of the apostles, I try as much as possible to focus on His commandments and His life as well.

Matthew 23 vs 8-12 (ERV)
8. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers.[c]
9. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
10. Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ.
11. The greatest among you shall be your servant.
12. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by Kobojunkie: 12:53am On Jun 09, 2020
FarmTech:
But I still repeat. u have not answered anything from my last detailed post.
Done!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19 Vaccines: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Condemns Christians Taking Vaccines / Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO / Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.