Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children (30001 Views)

Why Are Godly Parents Not Raising Godly Seeds? / Tithe Is Not For Everyone. ...(the Only Tithe That Is Godly And Blessed ) / Ten Keys To Raising Godly Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by FarmTech(m): 12:59am On Jun 09, 2020
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by Kobojunkie: 1:04am On Jun 09, 2020
FarmTech:

This post: https://www.nairaland.com/5862945/6-useful-tips-raising-godly/3#90462514
Oh, I see what you see. Somehow hitting the quote button on that post did not transfer all your responses.
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by Kobojunkie: 1:44am On Jun 09, 2020
FarmTech:

Really?
2 Cor 10:5: We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.
My guess is you promptly posted that in response to my comment that we do not engage in a war that has nothing to do with what Jesus Christ wants us to do. I don't believe Paul himself would encourage you to do any such thing.

2 Corinthians 10 vs 1-7
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. I, Paul, am begging you with the gentleness and the kindness of Christ. Some say that I am bold when I am writing you from a distance, but not when I am there with you.
2. They think our motives for what we do are like those of the world. I plan to be very bold against those people when I come. I hope I will not need to use that same boldness with you.
3. We live in this world, but we don’t fight our battles in the same way the world does.
4. The weapons we use are not human ones. Our weapons have power from God and can destroy the enemy’s strong places. We destroy people’s arguments,
5. and we tear down every proud idea that raises itself against the knowledge of God. We also capture every thought and make it give up and obey Christ.
6. We are ready to punish anyone there who does not obey, but first we want you to be fully obedient.
7. You must look at the facts before you. If you feel sure you belong to Christ, you must remember that we belong to Christ the same as you do.
According to Paul, the "weapons" he uses are not human weapons, and nowhere is Paul in fact calling on you to engage those who do not see the world as you do.

FarmTech:

Did I oppose this one? What I an saying is that, people who cracked dirty jokes and sing dirty songs will pollute not only themselves, but some others that are listening. And God will hold them accountable for misleading others.
As I have already mentioned in a previous post, where temptation is concerned, Jesus has already explained how that works and who is to blame in Matthew 18. The interesting thing is that rather than suggesting that the blame lies with the one we like to call the tempter, in your case here, the person cracking the dirty jokes, Jesus Christ puts the blame smack dab on the one listening to the joke. Unless your intention is to establish yourself as a thought-and-word police officer, why not let people be?

Matthew 18 vs 6-9
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6. “If one of these little children believes in me, and someone causes that child to sin, it will be very bad for that person. It would be better for them to have a millstone tied around their neck and be drowned in the deep sea.
7. I feel sorry for the people in the world because of the things that make people sin. These things must happen, but it will be very bad for anyone who causes them to happen.
8. “If your hand or your foot makes you sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose part of your body and have eternal life than to have two hands and two feet and be thrown into the fire that burns forever.
9. If your eye makes you sin, take it out and throw it away. It is better for you to have only one eye and have eternal life than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

FarmTech:
Another misunderstanding when I clearly said: "The church of God are godly humans".
I understood what you wrote, but trying to make it clear that the "godliness' does not transfer or transform objects or structures which are unholy to begin with. cheesy
FarmTech:

Really really? Seems like u like it when u see girls in mini skirt and bum shorts. Does God like it when women dress like prostitutes to entice men? I don't know the God u serve. But my God will not tolerate sin.
What we put on does not matter, u said. But the bible recorded how priests shud dress. Apostle Paul wrote about women dressing modestly and David, in Psalm, described a woman who dressed " like a prostitute"

I don't create issues where God sees none. Women are free to wear what they want, and so are men.
How can you believe that God is moved by man's unclothedness? God sees us all naked from the time we are born to the day of our death. He sees you naked every time you are in your shower, having sex, or just hanging. God does not care about our unclothedness in the way you pretend. He is God; He made us and brings us into this world stark naked. It is not a thing for Him as it is for us. There is nothing sinful about our unclothedness, so be careful not to attach the notion of "sin" to it.

We do not worship priests or Paul, we worship and obey God. While I believe you misconstrue Paul's message to the church in question, I will continue by saying that we need to remember where our focus ought to be at all times, and that it is on God and God alone.
FarmTech:

Do u know about Christian discipline? Handing an unrepentant sinner over to Satan? It means excommunication from the church. If a smoker is warned not to smoke inside the church and he refuse, what shud be done to him?
Where do you get that idea from? Man? grin cheesy
Did you know that Satan does not answer to any human being? Not even the Angels of God have the power to rebuke Satan - only God can. So what makes you think that a bunch of men can decide to hand someone they refuse to understand to Satan? cheesy grin
All you can do to say a smoker is kick him out of your church building, the same way a bouncer would kick someone acting up outside a night club or a bar. There is nothing like "handing an unrepentant sinner over to Satan". LOL
FarmTech:
.Ur mind may be depraved, your views are myopic and immature. But not my own. It is now clear that u are out to promote false teachings in Christianity. Only those who don't read and study their Bible will fall victim. Twisting the word of God to promote immorality will bring down God's anger on you. Repent and give your life to Christ before it is too late.
There is nothing false, depraved, close-minded, or immature about what I have posted so far.
Jesus Christ said that in order to enter His Kingdom, you have to become like a child. Do you remember what children think of their unclothedness or of people telling jokes? They don't have the hangups so many who consider themselves "adults" do. Think about that!
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by FarmTech(m): 9:24pm On Jun 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:

My guess is you promptly posted that in response to my comment that we do not engage in a war that has nothing to do with what Jesus Christ wants us to do. I don't believe Paul himself would encourage you to do any such thing.

According to Paul, the "weapons" he uses are not human weapons, and nowhere is Paul in fact calling on you to engage those who do not see the world as you do.
As Christians preach the gospel, what are they doing? They are attacking Satan and his ideologies. What is difficult to understand in 2 Cor 10:5: We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.
How do we destroy every proud obstacle? By teaching, rebuking and correcting. Obstacles of dirty jokes, dirty songs, immodesty, cultism etc etc. Anything that keeps people from knowing God are obstacles.

As I have already mentioned in a previous post, where temptation is concerned, Jesus has already explained how that works and who is to blame in Matthew 18. The interesting thing is that rather than suggesting that the blame lies with the one we like to call the tempter, in your case here, the person cracking the dirty jokes, Jesus Christ puts the blame smack dab on the one listening to the joke. Unless your intention is to establish yourself as a thought-and-word police officer, why not let people be?
I don't think u take time to read my posts well. What I said was that BOTH THE TEMPTER and TEMPTED will face God's punishment. To make it clearer, the tempted will only be punished if he succumbed to the temptation.

LUKE 17:1 - New Living Translation
"One day Jesus said to his disciples, “There will always be temptations to sin, but what sorrow awaits the person who does the tempting!"

PLEASE READ THE PASSAGE ABOVE.

I understood what you wrote, but trying to make it clear that the "godliness' does not transfer or transform objects or structures which are unholy to begin with. cheesy

I don't create issues where God sees none. Women are free to wear what they want, and so are men.
How can you believe that God is moved by man's unclothedness? God sees us all naked from the time we are born to the day of our death. He sees you naked every time you are in your shower, having sex, or just hanging. God does not care about our unclothedness in the way you pretend. He is God; He made us and brings us into this world stark naked. It is not a thing for Him as it is for us. There is nothing sinful about our unclothedness, so be careful not to attach the notion of "sin" to it.
I SAID THAT MAN is moved to list by half naked ladies, not God. Haaa. If u lead people into sin, u are a sinner. If u don't gather with Christ, u scatter and u belong to the devil.

We do not worship priests or Paul, we worship and obey God. While I believe you misconstrue Paul's message to the church in question, I will continue by saying that we need to remember where our focus ought to be at all times, and that it is on God and God alone.
LIE. The sum of the commandment by Christ did not focus on God alone. It says that we shud love both God and our fellow humans. So if u lead ur fellow human to sin, God will not be pls with u.

Where do you get that idea from? Man? grin cheesy
Did you know that Satan does not answer to any human being? Not even the Angels of God have the power to rebuke Satan - only God can. So what makes you think that a bunch of men can decide to hand someone they refuse to understand to Satan? cheesy grin
All you can do to say a smoker is kick him out of your church building, the same way a bouncer would kick someone acting up outside a night club or a bar. There is nothing like "handing an unrepentant sinner over to Satan". LOL
This just prove that u have little knowledge of the bible. Yet u are unwilling to learn. Read 1 Cor 5:5:
hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh,
so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.

There is nothing false, depraved, close-minded, or immature about what I have posted so far.
Jesus Christ said that in order to enter His Kingdom, you have to become like a child. Do you remember what children think of their unclothedness or of people telling jokes? They don't have the hangups so many who consider themselves "adults" do. Think about that!
U totally missed everything here by twisting God's word.
1 Cor 13:11
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.
It is now clear to everyone who cares that u have twisted knowledge of the bible. U probably fell into the hands of the wrong teachers. But only if u will listen u can get to know the will of God. Such teachers are the ones Paul wrote about: 2 Peter 3:16
He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.
I think I will stop here. A word is enof for the wise.
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by Kobojunkie: 9:45pm On Jun 09, 2020
FarmTech:

As Christians preach the gospel, what are they doing? They are attacking Satan and his ideologies. What is difficult to understand in 2 Cor 10:5: We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.
How do we destroy every proud obstacle? By teaching, rebuking and correcting. Obstacles of dirty jokes, dirty songs, immodesty, cultism etc. Anything that keeps people from knowing God are obstacles.
Obstacles of dirty jokes, dirty songs, immodesty, cultism, etc. Did Jesus Himself give you this list or did you come up with this list on your own Kind of reminds me of the list that the Pharisees choose to focus on, instead of doing what God had indeed commanded of them to do instead? cheesy

I know some of what you would call dirty jokes, dirty songs, and I have friends who dress how you would probably consider immodest, and I certainly know of some Churchians who are no different from cultists if you put a mirror before them, yet I have no sin to blame on any of that. What does that make your case? undecided
FarmTech:
I don't think u take time to read my posts well. What I said was that BOTH THE TEMPTER and TEMPTED will face God's punishment. To make it clearer, the tempted will only be punished if he succumbed to the temptation.
I read your post and I believe what Jesus says and commands is what matters. According to Jesus Christ, the TEMPTER has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Read those verses again to see this.
FarmTech:
LUKE 17:1 - New Living Translation
"One day Jesus said to his disciples, “There will always be temptations to sin, but what sorrow awaits the person who does the tempting!"

PLEASE READ THE PASSAGE ABOVE.
This passage does not refer to the very same idea we have been tackling all this while. I guess we should have used different words in the earlier scenario, but the point remains.
Anyone who intentionally tempts another will not go Scott free. There is no reason, however, to assume that your supposed lack of, what some would refer to as self-control, is to blame on others. No, those with wickedness in their hearts when tempted succumb to that which is in their hearts.
FarmTech:
I SAID THAT MAN is moved to list by half naked ladies. Haaa. If u lead people into sin, u are a sinner. If u don't gather with Christ, u scatter and u belong to the devil.
If I have a golden wristwatch and someone else seeing it is tempted to steal it and succeeds, do you think the court of men will give ear to his claim that I lead him to sin by wearing that wristwatch, to begin with? undecided
If the court of men would not hear such nonsense, do you think then that God would? undecided
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by FarmTech(m): 9:56pm On Jun 09, 2020
I was still updating my post b4 u replied. U can go back and check it. Good bye.
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by Kobojunkie: 9:57pm On Jun 09, 2020
FarmTech:
I was still updating my post b4 u replied. U can go back and check it. Good bye.
ok
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by Kobojunkie: 10:20pm On Jun 09, 2020
FarmTech:

LIE. The sum of the commandment by Christ did not focus on God alone. It says that we shud love both God and our fellow humans. So if u lead ur fellow human to sin, God will not be pls with u.
But it is impossible to love God without loving our fellow man. Matthew 25 vs 31-40.
So you see, even with just the greatest commandment, you must ask the question How, and the answer, is the second greatest commandment. So it is not a lie to say that our focus should be 100% on God and God alone, for when you focus on God alone, you are best able to focus on doing just those things that God requires, and not wasting time on works that don't matter to the big picture. cheesy
FarmTech:
This just prove that u have little knowledge of the bible. Yet u are unwilling to learn. Read 1 Cor 5:5:
hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh,
so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.
I believe that verse is in reference to the commandment to treat one of those sort like you would a pagan, which is similar to kicking him out of the club, and into the hands of the local authorities(depending on the crime in question) cheesy

Matthew 18 vs 15-17 (ERV)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. “If your brother or sister in God’s family does something wrong, go and tell them what they did wrong. Do this when you are alone with them. If they listen to you, then you have helped them to be your brother or sister again.
16. But if they refuse to listen, go to them again and take one or two people with you. Then there will be two or three people who will be able to tell all that happened.
[b] 17.
If they refuse to listen to them, tell the church. And if they refuse to listen to the church, treat them as you would treat someone who does not know God or who is a tax collector.
FarmTech:

U totally missed everything here by twisting God's word.
1 Cor 13:11
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.
Are you insinuating that Paul, in the verse above, contradicted Jesus Christ's own stipulated requirement for entry into His own Kingdom? undecided

Matthew 18 vs 2-4 (ERV)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Jesus called a little child to come to him. He stood the child in front of the followers.
3. Then he said, “The truth is, you must change your thinking and become like little children. If you don’t do this, you will never enter God’s kingdom.
4. The greatest person in God’s kingdom is the one who makes himself humble like this child.
Paul does not make any attempt to contradict Jesus Christ in any way, so I will call on you to read the verse within the given context to better understand Paul's message. grin
FarmTech:
It is now clear to everyone who cares that u have twisted knowledge of the bible. U probably fell into the hands of the wrong teachers. But only if u will listen u can get to know the will of God. Such teachers are the ones Paul wrote about: 2 Peter 3:16
The only teacher I have is the Spirit of the Living God Himself! grin
And He does not twist the word of God to fit even His own ideas(assuming He has His own agendas)... He is the spirit of truth and He gives us the truth that is Jesus Christ and nothing else. grin
FarmTech:

He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.
I think I will stop here. A word is enof for the wise.
Things that are hard to understand, like what?
I have read his letters numerous times and I think they are pretty straight forward. Only they are easily misconstrued, that is why I prefer to stick close to what Jesus taught as one can never go wrong there.
Re: 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children by nightyyz: 1:27am On Jun 11, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Islamic Cleric Divorces Wife Who Converted To Christianity & Changed Name / COVID-19 Vaccines: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Condemns Christians Taking Vaccines / Prophet Christian Shola Visits Peter Fregene, Donates Cash Gifts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.