Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,883 members, 7,806,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? (26388 Views)

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Mavrick2012: 7:22am On May 17, 2020
A friend just showed this scripture to me:

"Give a tenth of your products, to the levite, strangers, fatherless and widows, so they will have what to eat while in your land".

Can i begin to give a portion of my tithe to my widowed sister?

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Oluromantic: 7:44am On May 17, 2020
Malachi 3:10 answers it all. It says all the full tight should be taken to the house of the Lord. You can give your sister money, gifts etc but ur full tithe is not negotiable

30 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by petra1(m): 7:45am On May 17, 2020
Tithe is given to God through the high priest
However God added two additional tithes for the Jews under the law then:

Which was tithes for the poor and the third one was a recreational feast . Take a 10% and enjoy feast and picnic

All were to be done . The later 2 does not take away the first which is the tithe to God . So give what is for God to God

The tithe to God is the one We learnt from abraham

TITHE TO THE LORD
Leviticus 27:30
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord.

THE TITHE FOR FEAST
(Deut. 14:22-27).
Deuteronomy 14:22-23
Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.

TITHE FOR THE POOR
Deuteronomy 14:28-29
At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest..

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by MasterJayJay: 8:05am On May 17, 2020
THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHE.

Introduction: If your pastors say giving the needy, widows, orphans 10% of your income is not tithe, that you must pay it to him, then you are attending a business centre, not a church.

Malachi is the favourite book most pastors use to preach tithe. And it is very obvious, they use it because it contains a curse for those who don't pay it. Therefore, it is the 'best' verse used to brainwash Christians.

If you want to preach tithing, preach all verses related to it. Most of these men of God know the other verses but the only one they preach to their audience is Malachi. The sheep they are leading are even lazy to read their own bibles to see the truth for themselves. Note that quarter of truth is no truth, truth must be whole. Don’t add, don't remove.

Tithing is an Old Testament concept, just like circumcision and animal sacrifice. Things Christians were meant to abide to have validations from New testament after death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. There is nowhere tithe was clearly instructed in the New Testament after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The New Testament focuses on giving without compulsion. 2 Corinthians 9:7 captured it very well “Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver".

If you believe in tithing, then you should see other verses of the bible to know how it was applied thousands of years ago. Tithes were not for gentiles, it was for the Jews. Tithes were for the Levites, descendants of Levi. How many of your Pastors that preach Malachi to you are descendants of Levi?

There is a particular portion of the bible most pastors will never preach to you, and that can be found in Deut 14.22-29. Tithe was instructed to be given to the strangers, orphans, widows etc. How many pastors can boldly tell their members to give their tithes to widows and those in need?

Conclusion, if you want to pay tithe, that's your choice. But don't use outdated and obsolete verses like the one found in Malachi to threaten people. Are some verses outdated? Animal sacrifices were allowed in the Old Testament. After Jesus Christ paid for our sins, it made animal sacrifices to be outdated, and that includes tithes too.

For detailed explanation on tithes see this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/5783004/sentenced-asking-members-tithes-drama

229 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Mavrick2012: 8:36am On May 17, 2020
Oluromantic:
Malachi 3:10 answers it all. It says all the full tight should be taken to the house of the Lord. You can give your sister money, gifts etc but ur full tithe is not negotiable
Sir, you didn't say anything about Deuteronomy 26:12.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Mavrick2012: 8:39am On May 17, 2020
petra1:

Tithe is given to God through the high priest
However God added two additional tithes for the Jews under the law then:

Which was tithes for the poor and the third one was a recreational feast . Take a 10% and enjoy feast and picnic

All were to be done . The later 2 dies not take away the tithe to God . So give what is for God to God

Sir,am a bit confused by your explanation.
Please explain Deuteronomy 26 12

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Mavrick2012: 8:42am On May 17, 2020
MasterJayJay:
THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHE.

Introduction: If your pastors say giving the needy, widows, orphans 10% of your income is not tithe, that you must pay it to him, then you are attending a business centre, not a church.

Malachi is the favourite book most pastors use to preach tithe. And it is very obvious, they use it because it contains a curse for those who don't pay it. Therefore, it is the 'best' verse used to brainwash Christians.

If you want to preach tithing, preach all verses related to it. Most of these men of God know the other verses but the only one they preach to their audience is Malachi. The sheep they are leading are even lazy to read their own bibles to see the truth for themselves. Note that quarter of truth is no truth, truth must be whole. Don’t add, don't remove.

Tithing is an Old Testament concept, just like circumcision and animal sacrifice. Things Christians were meant to abide to have validations from New testament after death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. There is nowhere tithe was clearly instructed in the New Testament after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The New Testament focuses on giving without compulsion. 2 Corinthians 9:7 captured it very well “Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver".

If you believe in tithing, then you should see other verses of the bible to know how it was applied thousands of years ago. Tithes were not for gentiles, it was for the Jews. Tithes were for the Levites, descendants of Levi. How many of your Pastors that preach Malachi to you are descendants of Levi?

There is a particular portion of the bible most pastors will never preach to you, and that can be found in Deut 14.22-29. Tithe was instructed to be given to the strangers, orphans, widows etc. How many pastors can boldly tell their members to give their tithes to widows and those in need?

Conclusion, if you want to pay tithe, that's your choice. But don't use outdated and obsolete verses like the one found in Malachi to threaten people. Are some verses outdated? Animal sacrifices were allowed in the Old Testament. After Jesus Christ paid for our sins, it made animal sacrifices to be outdated, and that includes tithes too.

business center?
Haaa bros,try and be guided na.
And, you didn't even answer my question self

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by ChiefAfonja: 8:48am On May 17, 2020
cheesy

Deuteronomy 14:22 Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.

Deuteronomy 14:23 And thou shalt eat before the LORD thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always.

Deuteronomy 14:24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the LORD thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the LORD thy God hath blessed thee:

Deuteronomy 14:25 Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose:

Deuteronomy 14:26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

Deuteronomy 14:27 And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee.
Deuteronomy 14:28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:

Deuteronomy 14:29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

Nigerian pastors won't read these to their members

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Exc2000: 8:49am On May 17, 2020
cool

1. The first tithe (Gen. 14:19–20) before Moses laws on tithing

And he blessed him and said,
“Blessed be Abram by God Most High,
Possessor of heaven and earth;
and blessed be God Most High,
who has delivered your enemies into your hand!”
And Abraham gave him a tenth of everything.

Abram had just returned from war, rescuing Lot, and reclaiming his possessions, and he’s met by an enigmatic priest of God Most High named Melchizedek. The priest attributes Abram’s victory to God—possessor of heaven and earth—and he blesses Abram.

In gratitude to God’s authority and blessing, Abram gives Melchizedek a tenth of his possessions.

2. Jacob offers a tithe (Gen. 28:20–22) Before Mossaic Law

Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat and clothing to wear, so that I come again to my father’s house in peace, then the Lord shall be my God, and this stone, which I have set up for a pillar, shall be God’s house. And of all that you give me I will give a full tenth to you.”

Jacob responds to a dream he has received from God by building an altar and vowing that, in exchange for God’s care and provision, he would give God a tenth of his belongings.

3. The tithe is introduced as law (Lev. 27:30–34)

Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord’s; it is holy to the Lord. If a man wishes to redeem some of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it. And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that pass under the herdsman’s staff, shall be holy to the Lord. One shall not differentiate between good or bad, neither shall he make a substitute for it; and if he does substitute for it, then both it and the substitute shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.”

pre mossiac law .. Tithe goes to the Terbenacle, post mosses isreal tithe still goes to the synagogue , all over middle east, tithe , zakar , offerings or sacrifice goes to the Synagogue , Mosque and Altar, where the Shiek , Priest , Imam , Rabbi prays onto it before distributing it to the less privileged members of the community

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by YorubaLord: 8:50am On May 17, 2020
The problem with most Christians is... they make Christianity more difficult and complex than it actually is.

All this tithe BS and other crap they misrepresent to scare people are not actually true. Worshipping and believing in Almighty God isn't this difficult.

As long as you've got a pure heart, serving God is very straightforward. Majority of them are naturally bad people hence, the need to make it all fvcked up.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by momodub: 8:50am On May 17, 2020
Humm
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by chiboyo(m): 8:50am On May 17, 2020
The issue of tithing has not only been over-rehashed, but also over-flogged..

However, the truth is simple: Do whatever works for you..

For the tithe payers, do not ever castigate those that do not pay tithes to pastors, they also have biblical backing for these...

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by StrikeBack(m): 8:50am On May 17, 2020
grin

Una don start with all these useless Sunday Sunday topics
Religion that we are not benefiting from is what people in Africa take serious with their lifes

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by wickyyolo: 8:50am On May 17, 2020
Oluromantic:

Is deu 26:12 not part of the Bible ? Why u ignore it completely?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by adoyi8: 8:50am On May 17, 2020
qwerty
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by dingbang(m): 8:50am On May 17, 2020
MasterJayJay:
THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHE.

God bless you for saving the sheeples

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Coursetrouble: 8:50am On May 17, 2020
grin

Pay it to me.

Churches don dey open now but they don't use speaker so they wouldn't sell themselves out.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Nackzy: 8:51am On May 17, 2020
Oga do whatever you know is God and let your conscience judge u

2 Likes

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by sofiscatedmoron: 8:51am On May 17, 2020
Pay to some homeless kids and mothers in your area or some hungry folks in Nairaland

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by adoyi8: 8:51am On May 17, 2020
Oluromantic:
Deutronomy overrides Malachi when it comes to tithing. Who is Malachi among prophets such as Elijah, Elisha, Daniel, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Jeremiah etc.? The only reason you guys make him popular is because of a single verse. verse that you can twist and manipulate fellow christians. The instruction for tithing was laid down in Deutronomy 14:22-29. Let me give highlight in case you can't read it.
1. It doesnt involve money
2. You eat your produce with your family and other poor people.
3. You only give to the levites once in three years. not every month

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Jaqenhghar: 8:51am On May 17, 2020
wickyyolo:

Is deu 26:12 not part of the Bible ? Why u ignore it completely?
Hehehe. Funny enough that is the only part of the old testament the pastors adhere to

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:52am On May 17, 2020
Mavrick2012:

"Give a tenth of your products, to the levite, strangers, fatherless and widows, so they will have what to eat while in your land".

Follow your instinct

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by paulolee(m): 8:52am On May 17, 2020
yes..thithes are meant to be paid as ur spirit leads...not a most dt it be given to ur church....d bible said we bring it to the store house doesn't mean it must be inside church...church is just a building and not GOD's storehouse and if the lord wana choose a particular storehouse it would be located in isreal...jus do as ur spirit leads...for 2 years straight me and 4 others of my colleagues in work were paying our tithes to 3 not to do families staying close to our comapany...we jus called d men after monthend and tell them dt d company is running a N.G O foundation dts creating more wealth and said its given to selected 20 families around and thier names wr added dt they should use the added income to help fund thier business and if after a year they have notin to show for it no matter how small, we would stop d monthly stipends n would increase it if improvements are seen...after 1yr and some months, i called one of them n asked him how far have e gone with the plan and he said he invested d money and bought a keke n placed it on higher purchase n still planning to use d gains to buy anoda bike for his junior brother to join him and would be happy if my company also add his brother name n give him same stipends even if the bro is not on the same streets...jus respect igbo men abeg

20 Likes

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Nobody: 8:52am On May 17, 2020
It’s your money, do whatever with it!

4 Likes

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Pavore9: 8:52am On May 17, 2020
Follow your heart and do not allow a fellow human being who have no say over your salvation, guilty-trip you.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Taiwojon(m): 8:53am On May 17, 2020
yes please pay your tithes

2 Likes

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Glycosunde: 8:53am On May 17, 2020
Mavrick2012:
business center?
Haha bros,try and be guided na.

he already did, kindly reread.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by GodPunishBiafra: 8:53am On May 17, 2020
All this stupîd topics and repeatitions every Sunday angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Knox123(m): 8:53am On May 17, 2020
Mavrick2012:
business center?
Haha bros,try and be guided na.

He simply said you should USE YOUR HEAD !

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by toscolee(m): 8:54am On May 17, 2020
Mavrick2012:

This is alms giving, not tithe.
A lot of Christians don't give alms, it's unscriptural.
Pay your tithe and take care of your family.
Also help the poor and needy.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by omoadeleye(m): 8:55am On May 17, 2020
Are you doubting the Bible again and waiting for someone called man of God to come and tell you what to do?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? / "I Have Never Fallen Under Anointing Before, Is This Normal"? / Who Is Your Favorite Man Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.