Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor (15438 Views)

Peter Obi: Aloy Ejimakor Criticises Kwankwaso Over "Anti-Igbo" Comment / Aloy Ejimakor Reacts To Reports Of UK Designating Of IPOB As A Terror Group / Aloy Ejimakor: I’m Receiving Death Threats From IPOB Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by Tissaia(f): 9:18am On May 17, 2020
It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor
Ndigbo are undoubtedly an indigenous people presently lying within Nigeria. So, international law will surely come into play if a conflict arises out of Nigeria’s persistent institutional resistance to granting a seaport to Igboland.

BY ALOY EJIMAKORMAY 17, 2020

It’s often said that a lie told so many times, if unchallenged, may - in course of time - begin to pass for the truth. One of such is the terrible lie, institutionally purveyed since the end of the Civil War, to the effect that Igboland is landlocked or that it has no access to the sea. The purpose of this essay, therefore, is to debunk that lie with some simple historical and topographical evidence that are even in plain view, if you care to dig or do some physical exploration of your own.

Suffice it to say that it is a profound tragedy that entire generations of the immediate post-War Igbos never bordered to check but seemingly accepted this brazen institutional falsehood, largely intended to taunt the Igbo and put them down. A few that knew it to be false just didn’t care anymore. That History was banned since the end of the Civil War made it worse, plus the fact that most people don’t take physical Geography that serious anymore, otherwise they would have known that Abia, Imo and Anambra States have varying short-distance paths to the Atlantic Ocean through Imo, Azumiri and Niger Rivers. It’s not really rocket science, as you can easily confirm this if you know how to read Google Earth; or conquer your fear of swamp snakes and walk through these areas on foot.

There are also many other hardly explored waterways and slithering tributaries, including the remote reaches of Oguta Lake and Oseakwa River in Ihiala (Imo State) that meandered through Igbo-delta wetlands to the Southeastern ends of the Atlantic waterfront. These rivers have varying lengths of short navigational paths to the Atlantic, and in some cases, are far shorter nautically (and even on footpath) than the Portharcourt, Calabar and Ibaka seaports are to their side of the Atlantic.

Many of these pathways, including particularly the ones from the outer reaches of Imo and Azumiri Rivers terminate at the Atlantic at no more than 15 to 30 Nautical miles to the beachhead. To put it in lay language, one nautical mile equals 1.8 kilometers. Thus, the contiguity of Southeast (not even the greater Igboland) to the Atlantic is less nautical miles than the Atlantic is to the seaports in Calabar, Onne, Ibaka, Lagos and Portharcourt. If you discount the territories excised from Igboland during State creations and the damnable boundary adjustments, it will be far less.

To be sure, Ikwerre land or Igweocha which bears the greater portions of the Portharcourt seaport was dredged up to 50 miles to the Atlantic front through the Bonny River. Onne seaport was dredged up to 60 Miles to the Atlantic and Calabar seaport was dredged 45 nautical miles to the Atlantic. Ibaka seaport is about 30 nautical miles to the Atlantic and the Lagos seaports dredged up to about 50 nautical miles to the Atlantic.

Compare all these to Obuaku in Abia State, which is only 25 nautical miles to the Atlantic from the confluence of Imo and Azumiri River which itself separately lies not more than 30 nautical miles to the Atlantic beachfront. The less obvious one is the little-known Oseakwa River in Ihiala (Imo State) which is mere 18 nauticals to the Atlantic, all with its 65 feet of natural depth, unarguably comparable to no other River in Nigeria.

Additionally, what is geopolitically known as Igboland today is far smaller than what it was and legally supposed to be. As far back as 1856, Baikie - one of the earliest and credible Geographers of ancient Nigeria, had this to say - “Igbo homeland, extends east and west, from the Old Kalabar river to the banks of the Kwora, Niger River, and possesses also some territory at Aboh, an Igbo clan, to the west-ward of the latter stream. On the north it borders on Igara, Igala and A'kpoto, and it is separated from the sea only by petty tribes, all of which trace their origin to this great race" (Baikie, William Balfour, published with a sanction of Her Majesty's Government in 1856).

But with that infamous post-War abandoned property policy and the egregious institutional injustices in boundary adjustments and the widespread anti-Igbo gerrymandering, Igbos physically and psychologically lost their vested ancestral lands, all to the point of not caring anymore about their historical contiguity to the Atlantic, which their ancestors beheld and called the ‘Great Sea’. The psychological beat-down got so bad that some of the descendants of these Igbo ancestors (nearest to the Atlantic and now lying outside Southeast) are no longer sure whether they are Igbo or not.

The worst injustice was In 1976 when the Justice Nasir Boundary Adjustment Commission made a serious and targeted agenda of carving out core Igboland territories into some neighboring States of the South-South. But they didn’t quite make an absolute success of it. They missed the southernmost Southeast lands that possess Rivers that meandered through slices of Igbo-friendly South-South territories and ended up at the Atlantic, thus unwittingly placing Igboland and its right of access to the sea under the canons of customary international law.

As it stands, international law of the sea guarantees Igboland (whether it remains Nigerian territory or not) unhindered access to the nearest sea (in this case: the Atlantic) peacefully by the many short-distance rivers, waterways and tributaries that originated from Igboland but ultimately washed into the Atlantic through contiguous South-South territories. For avoidance of doubt, there’s particularly the Obuaku confluence in Ukwa West (Abia State) that flows through Ikot Abasi in Akwa Ibom State before expanding out and washing into the near-reaches of the Atlantic. And the River Niger which ultimately joined the Atlantic through a vast network of hardly explored creeks and mangrove swamps that abut the Bight of Bonny in the South-South.

Nigeria is subject to the International Law of the Sea and is therefore bound to abide by its provisions, should the need arise in a scenario of persistent sovereign oppression of an identifiable indigenous group. The others are the United Nations Treaty of the Sea and the African Union Treaties and Conventions on the Sea, including particularly the African Charter on Human and People’s Rights, which Nigeria ratified and domesticated in 1983. The pertinent provisions are mostly embedded in the copious provisions relating to the collective economic and commercial rights of indigenous peoples lying within the Treaty nations. Ndigbo are undoubtedly an indigenous people presently lying within Nigeria. So, international law will surely come into play if a conflict arises out of Nigeria’s persistent institutional resistance to granting a seaport to Igboland.

Aloy Ejimakor is a Legal Practitioner.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/17/it%E2%80%99s-lie-igboland-not-landlocked-aloy-ejimakor
­

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by Tissaia(f): 9:19am On May 17, 2020
Beware Mods
This is my thread
Don't dare take it to front page
Anyone who copied and reposted it, Mynd44 should close it.
It's just an opinion by a failed lawyer. It's misleading.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by haryorbarmie83(m): 9:19am On May 17, 2020
grin grin grin
Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by Amotolongbo(f): 9:29am On May 17, 2020
Balderdash as usual.

I thought I will see something new

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by Jimasun: 9:33am On May 17, 2020
Igboland is landlocked. That's the truth

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by SavannaBank: 9:44am On May 17, 2020
Tissaia:
Beware Mods
This is my thread
And you're what ? Perhaps faceless i suppose....

13 Likes

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by Macphenson: 9:45am On May 17, 2020
Tissaia:
Beware Mods
This is my thread

Hehehehehe, mods should not move it to front page, interesting.

Why are you people afraid of the truth and by extension Igbo people. Why always try to suppress the trurh. Your ancestors tried what you are doing now over 50 years ago, even with more ruthlessness, wickedness and brutality against the Igboman, but today, look at the Igboman, soaring higher and waxing stronger against all odds.

I wonder why you lots think you can stop them with your little jokes. You people don't learn.

Now to clarify you, go and check my mentions over time, I have been saying this because I have witnessed first hand some.of the tributaries he mentioned.
I have been to "AZUMINI" meaning back of sea. It's a deep blue see, a lovely sight to behold, and I have also been to Oguta lake. So I can categorically state that I am sure of those two, and this is not my first time of saying it on this forum.

The Igboman is preparing himself against the inevitable, because the DULLARD Buhari has proven to every sensible Nigerian beyond all reasonable doubt that one Nigeria is a scam, that's why it has never worked for over fifty years.

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by Crixxx: 9:58am On May 17, 2020
Macphenson:

Why are you people afraid of the truth and by extension Igbo people. Why always try to suppress the trurh. Your ancestors tried what you are doing now over 50 years ago, even with more ruthlessness, wickedness and brutality against the Igboman, but today, look at the Igboman, soaring higher and waxing stronger against all odds.

I wonder why you lots think you can stop them with your little jokes. You people don't learn.

Now to clarify you, go and check my mentions over time, I have been saying this because I have witnessed first hand some.of the tributaries he mentioned.
I have been to "AZUMINI" meaning back of sea. It's a deep blue see, a lovely sight to behold, and I have also been to Oguta lake. So I can categorically state that I am sure of those two, and this is not my first time of saying it on this forum.

The Igboman is preparing himself against the inevitable, because the DULLARD Buhari has proven to every sensible Nigerian beyond all reasonable doubt that one Nigeria is a scam, that's why it has never worked for over fifty years.

They don't know.. Pls spit more fire..

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by Goldencheese(m): 10:03am On May 17, 2020
Tissaia:
Beware Mods
This is my thread

Please how is the lawyer a failed lawyer? Is it because he said Igbo land is not landlocked?

I think we the younger generation should build more bridges and not iron walls. Planting hate in our hearts continuously will only lead to pains, tears and greater divisions. And no nation survives on those.

Thank God you know your post should not be taken to the front page.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by Tissaia(f): 10:09am On May 17, 2020
Goldencheese:

Please how is the lawyer a failed lawyer? Is it because he said Igbo land is not landlocked?

I think we the younger generation should build more bridges and not iron walls. Planting hate in our hearts continuously will only lead to pains, tears and greater divisions. And no nation survives on those.

Thank God you know your post should not be taken to the front page.
because he lied

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:10am On May 17, 2020
This is what I have been saying only ignorant and illiterates minds will say Igbo land is landlocked

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by festacman(m): 10:10am On May 17, 2020
Although I know very little about international maritime laws and international waters conventions, I must accept that this write-up looks technically and logically impressive. I await contrary opinions that are also technical and logical. Not empty ethnic exchange of abuses by little-exposed young people.

However, the fact that this article was written by the special counsel to Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) Aloy Ejimakor, devalues it heavily as it would be seen as a mere propaganda material. It would have been excellent if a team of maritime lawyers including a foreign global expert, who were properly briefed and commissioned, wrote this report. Imagine if Chief Olisa Agbakoba wrote this.

The truth is that Igbo race is unquantifiably BIGGER than IPOB and Mazi Nnamdi Kanu. However, they can chart a direction if Mazi Kanu stops being a weekly propaganda newscaster and also ceases to alienate the Igbo intelligentsia as well as engage Igbo entrepreneurs whose business interests are scattered all over Nigeria.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by Kingspin(m): 10:10am On May 17, 2020
Igbo this, igbo that the rest of Nigeria never rest?

As far as Igbos are down many will be happy even if it demands to sacrifice the peace and development of Nigeria.

In simple term let Nigeria be down as far as the East is.

But unfortunately, the East is trying to navigate all that while the enemy is awake.

But one thing I have always known is that in Ukwa West (Abia State the water there lead to the Atlantic Ocean.

18 Likes

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by Tissaia(f): 10:10am On May 17, 2020
Macphenson:

then what should we do only the Yorubaz have access to the ocean

3 Likes

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by Goldencheese(m): 10:13am On May 17, 2020
Tissaia:
because he lied

Tissaia, you are a beautiful lady and need not waste your greatness and genius on things that can aggravate the tense situation between the south and the north.

There are water bodies in the SE. It is given. Where does River Niger flow to? There is Imo river. I mean, I expect that we younger generations should focus more on bridge-building than mud-slinging.

Besides, where is it a curse that a country is landlocked? Is Switzerland not landlocked? The north is blessed; the south is blessed also. Oil since 1957 hasn't brought us anything but a curse and regression.

You are too beautiful and good for these kinds of provocative or combustive issues which rive us the more as a nation.

8 Likes

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by superlightning: 10:16am On May 17, 2020
Tissaia:
It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor
Ndigbo are undoubtedly an indigenous people presently lying within Nigeria. So, international law will surely come into play if a conflict arises out of Nigeria’s persistent institutional resistance to granting a seaport to Igboland.

BY ALOY EJIMAKORMAY 17, 2020

It’s often said that a lie told so many times, if unchallenged, may - in course of time - begin to pass for the truth. One of such is the terrible lie, institutionally purveyed since the end of the Civil War, to the effect that Igboland is landlocked or that it has no access to the sea. The purpose of this essay, therefore, is to debunk that lie with some simple historical and topographical evidence that are even in plain view, if you care to dig or do some physical exploration of your own.

Suffice it to say that it is a profound tragedy that entire generations of the immediate post-War Igbos never bordered to check but seemingly accepted this brazen institutional falsehood, largely intended to taunt the Igbo and put them down. A few that knew it to be false just didn’t care anymore. That History was banned since the end of the Civil War made it worse, plus the fact that most people don’t take physical Geography that serious anymore, otherwise they would have known that Abia, Imo and Anambra States have varying short-distance paths to the Atlantic Ocean through Imo, Azumiri and Niger Rivers. It’s not really rocket science, as you can easily confirm this if you know how to read Google Earth; or conquer your fear of swamp snakes and walk through these areas on foot.

There are also many other hardly explored waterways and slithering tributaries, including the remote reaches of Oguta Lake and Oseakwa River in Ihiala (Imo State) that meandered through Igbo-delta wetlands to the Southeastern ends of the Atlantic waterfront. These rivers have varying lengths of short navigational paths to the Atlantic, and in some cases, are far shorter nautically (and even on footpath) than the Portharcourt, Calabar and Ibaka seaports are to their side of the Atlantic.

Many of these pathways, including particularly the ones from the outer reaches of Imo and Azumiri Rivers terminate at the Atlantic at no more than 15 to 30 Nautical miles to the beachhead. To put it in lay language, one nautical mile equals 1.8 kilometers. Thus, the contiguity of Southeast (not even the greater Igboland) to the Atlantic is less nautical miles than the Atlantic is to the seaports in Calabar, Onne, Ibaka, Lagos and Portharcourt. If you discount the territories excised from Igboland during State creations and the damnable boundary adjustments, it will be far less.

To be sure, Ikwerre land or Igweocha which bears the greater portions of the Portharcourt seaport was dredged up to 50 miles to the Atlantic front through the Bonny River. Onne seaport was dredged up to 60 Miles to the Atlantic and Calabar seaport was dredged 45 nautical miles to the Atlantic. Ibaka seaport is about 30 nautical miles to the Atlantic and the Lagos seaports dredged up to about 50 nautical miles to the Atlantic.

Compare all these to Obuaku in Abia State, which is only 25 nautical miles to the Atlantic from the confluence of Imo and Azumiri River which itself separately lies not more than 30 nautical miles to the Atlantic beachfront. The less obvious one is the little-known Oseakwa River in Ihiala (Imo State) which is mere 18 nauticals to the Atlantic, all with its 65 feet of natural depth, unarguably comparable to no other River in Nigeria.

Additionally, what is geopolitically known as Igboland today is far smaller than what it was and legally supposed to be. As far back as 1856, Baikie - one of the earliest and credible Geographers of ancient Nigeria, had this to say - “Igbo homeland, extends east and west, from the Old Kalabar river to the banks of the Kwora, Niger River, and possesses also some territory at Aboh, an Igbo clan, to the west-ward of the latter stream. On the north it borders on Igara, Igala and A'kpoto, and it is separated from the sea only by petty tribes, all of which trace their origin to this great race" (Baikie, William Balfour, published with a sanction of Her Majesty's Government in 1856).

But with that infamous post-War abandoned property policy and the egregious institutional injustices in boundary adjustments and the widespread anti-Igbo gerrymandering, Igbos physically and psychologically lost their vested ancestral lands, all to the point of not caring anymore about their historical contiguity to the Atlantic, which their ancestors beheld and called the ‘Great Sea’. The psychological beat-down got so bad that some of the descendants of these Igbo ancestors (nearest to the Atlantic and now lying outside Southeast) are no longer sure whether they are Igbo or not.

The worst injustice was In 1976 when the Justice Nasir Boundary Adjustment Commission made a serious and targeted agenda of carving out core Igboland territories into some neighboring States of the South-South. But they didn’t quite make an absolute success of it. They missed the southernmost Southeast lands that possess Rivers that meandered through slices of Igbo-friendly South-South territories and ended up at the Atlantic, thus unwittingly placing Igboland and its right of access to the sea under the canons of customary international law.

As it stands, international law of the sea guarantees Igboland (whether it remains Nigerian territory or not) unhindered access to the nearest sea (in this case: the Atlantic) peacefully by the many short-distance rivers, waterways and tributaries that originated from Igboland but ultimately washed into the Atlantic through contiguous South-South territories. For avoidance of doubt, there’s particularly the Obuaku confluence in Ukwa West (Abia State) that flows through Ikot Abasi in Akwa Ibom State before expanding out and washing into the near-reaches of the Atlantic. And the River Niger which ultimately joined the Atlantic through a vast network of hardly explored creeks and mangrove swamps that abut the Bight of Bonny in the South-South.

Nigeria is subject to the International Law of the Sea and is therefore bound to abide by its provisions, should the need arise in a scenario of persistent sovereign oppression of an identifiable indigenous group. The others are the United Nations Treaty of the Sea and the African Union Treaties and Conventions on the Sea, including particularly the African Charter on Human and People’s Rights, which Nigeria ratified and domesticated in 1983. The pertinent provisions are mostly embedded in the copious provisions relating to the collective economic and commercial rights of indigenous peoples lying within the Treaty nations. Ndigbo are undoubtedly an indigenous people presently lying within Nigeria. So, international law will surely come into play if a conflict arises out of Nigeria’s persistent institutional resistance to granting a seaport to Igboland.

Aloy Ejimakor is a Legal Practitioner.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/17/it%E2%80%99s-lie-igboland-not-landlocked-aloy-ejimakor
­

Only fools believe igboland is landlocked.

14 Likes

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by gidgiddy: 10:18am On May 17, 2020
Anyone who thinks the SE is landlocked is someone who does not know the waterways of Nigeria

17 Likes

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by valirex: 10:25am On May 17, 2020
SE is landlocked cheesy

2 Likes

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by helinues: 10:26am On May 17, 2020
grin

SE is not only landlocked but padlocked as well.. Map dont lie

Btw, Someone said the minorities Igbo in SS are merely a resident..

How true?

13 Likes

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:31am On May 17, 2020
Tissaia:
because he lied
You are ignorant, Google the meaning of landlocked, also Google International water governance on Niger Basin

7 Likes

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:34am On May 17, 2020
helinues:
grin

SE is not only landlocked but padlocked as well.. Map dont lie

Btw, Someone said the minorities Igbo in SS are merely a resident..

How true?
Below is River Niger is an international waterway, many of you are plan dumb

16 Likes

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:36am On May 17, 2020

6 Likes

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by helinues: 10:36am On May 17, 2020
post=89639422:

Below is River Niger is an international waterway, many of you are plan dumb

As you can see from the map that SE has direct access to the sea without crossing SS land?

That's exactly what the attache by force is all about .. .. Access to the sea..

We SE/SS grin grin

10 Likes

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by Tissaia(f): 10:37am On May 17, 2020
Goldencheese:

Tissaia, you are a beautiful lady and need not waste your greatness and genius on things that can aggravate the tense situation between the south and the north.

There are water bodies in the SE. It is given. Where does River Niger flow to? There is Imo river. I mean, I expect that we younger generations should focus more on bridge-building than mud-slinging.

Besides, where is it a curse that a country is landlocked? Is Switzerland not landlocked? The north is blessed; the south is blessed also. Oil since 1957 hasn't brought us anything but a curse and regression.

You are too beautiful and good for these kinds of provocative or combustive issues which rive us the more as a nation.
WOW! I didn't expect this from South eastern, believe u me I'm far from the tribalistic person i portray myself here, sometimes is just to troll, but most is sarcasm. My director is an Igbo man, and we recommended it to the Council. I believe bridge building and true federalism is the answer. The average Igbo man wants to enjoy life to the fullest, not a bad thing. But Nigerian government is the problem. We talk about fraud and we tag igbos, we talk about ritualist we tag the Yoruba. Almajiris we tag the North. What all have in common is poverty and lack of good environment and government, one to prosper. If Nigerian Government give us good environment and security to prosper, no one will even think of breaking out of nigeria. The south are not happy with the North, because they see most of the answer to our problems, can be tackle by the northerners. Like protesting against bad governance, education and stoping this Almajiri system. Believe u me the young northerners are different from the old ones, especially the educated ones. (Don't mind my grammatical errors) The politicians use tribalism and religious beliefs to their advantage but 90% of northeners regretted voting Buhari, because they con us into believing GEJ is supporting Boko Haram and Buhari will defeat Boko Haram, pure scam by the white people. For me I still believe the white people and the Arabs have hands in Nigeria's problems.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by senatordave1(m): 10:38am On May 17, 2020
post=89639330:

You are ignorant, Google the meaning of landlocked, also Google International water governance on Niger Basin

You are landlocked with no boundaries with any other country or sea

6 Likes

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:40am On May 17, 2020
helinues:

As you can see from the map that SE has direct access to the sea without crossing SS land?

That's exactly is what the attache for.. Access to the sea.. grin grin
Why I said many of you are dumb go and read international water governance, even if River Niger go through Yoruba land no body can stop Igbos from using it so far it's international waterway

17 Likes

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by helinues: 10:42am On May 17, 2020
post=89639486:
River Niger is international water

http://www.internationalwatersgovernance.com/niger-basin.html

You guys like shooting yourself on the leg.

Where is Biafra listed as one of the members state?

6 Likes

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by Tissaia(f): 10:42am On May 17, 2020
post=89639330:

I'm a troll with dark sarcasm don't take me seriously
Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by Goldencheese(m): 10:44am On May 17, 2020
You write well.

You want to make me fall in love now o! Lol

See, Sis, you are my sister by virtue of the nation that birth us even if it's in different regions.

We have great potentials as a people and have to forget the mistakes of our past heroes.

I believe, and this is my opinion, that Azikiwe, Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello and the early nationalists failed us. But we shouldn't repeat their mistakes because they are human. If we don't learn from history, we will be doomed to repeat it again.

Stay blessed and best wishes.

Tissaia:
WOW! I didn't expect that from South eastern, believe u me I'm far from the tribalistic person i portray myself here, sometimes is just to troll, but most is sarcasm. My director is an Igbo man, and we recommended it to the Council. I believe bridge building and true federalism is the answer. The average Igbo man wants to enjoy life to the fullest, not a bad thing. But Nigerian government is the problem. We talk about fraud and we tag igbos, we talk about ritualist we tag the Yoruba. Almajiris we tag the North. What all have in common is poverty and lack of good environment and government, one to prosper. If Nigerian Government give us good environment and security to prosper, no one will even think of breaking out of nigeria. The south are not happy with the North, because they see most of the answer to our problems, can be tackle by the northerners. Like protesting against bad governance, education and stoping this Almajiri system. Believe u me the young northerners are different from the old ones, especially the educated ones. (Don't mind my grammatical errors) The politicians use tribalism and religious beliefs to their advantage but 90% of northeners regretted voting Buhari, because they con us into believing GEJ is supporting Boko Haram and Buhari will defeat Boko Haram, pure scam by the white people. For me I still believe the white people and the Arabs have hands in Nigeria's problems.
Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by helinues: 10:44am On May 17, 2020
post=89639605:

Why I said many of you are dumb go and read international water governance, even if River Niger go through Yoruba land no body can stop Igbos from using it do far it's international waterway

Don't get aggressive.

Relax let me lecture you.. How you have seen your same pictures that I highlighted?

Will you people fly from your region and then to River Nigeria without passing through Nigeria territory?

Patiently waiting for your response

7 Likes

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:44am On May 17, 2020
helinues:

You guys like shooting yourself on the leg.

Where is Biafra listed as one of the members state?
So Biafra is now a country on his own If Nigeria separate Igbo land can't be a landlock country that's the massage

14 Likes

Re: It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor by Goldencheese(m): 10:45am On May 17, 2020
You write well.

You want to make me fall in love now o! Lol

See, Sis, you are my sister by virtue of the nation that birth us even if it's in different regions.

We have great potentials as a people and have to forget the mistakes of our past heroes.

I believe, and this is my opinion, that Azikiwe, Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello and the early nationalists failed us. But we shouldn't repeat their mistakes because they are human. If we don't learn from history, we will be doomed to repeat it again.

Stay blessed and best wishes.

Tissaia:
WOW! I didn't expect that from South eastern, believe u me I'm far from the tribalistic person i portray myself here, sometimes is just to troll, but most is sarcasm. My director is an Igbo man, and we recommended it to the Council. I believe bridge building and true federalism is the answer. The average Igbo man wants to enjoy life to the fullest, not a bad thing. But Nigerian government is the problem. We talk about fraud and we tag igbos, we talk about ritualist we tag the Yoruba. Almajiris we tag the North. What all have in common is poverty and lack of good environment and government, one to prosper. If Nigerian Government give us good environment and security to prosper, no one will even think of breaking out of nigeria. The south are not happy with the North, because they see most of the answer to our problems, can be tackle by the northerners. Like protesting against bad governance, education and stoping this Almajiri system. Believe u me the young northerners are different from the old ones, especially the educated ones. (Don't mind my grammatical errors) The politicians use tribalism and religious beliefs to their advantage but 90% of northeners regretted voting Buhari, because they con us into believing GEJ is supporting Boko Haram and Buhari will defeat Boko Haram, pure scam by the white people. For me I still believe the white people and the Arabs have hands in Nigeria's problems.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

2023: Uncertainty Trails Jonathan’s Candidacy In APC / Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature / Maina: Garba Shehu Needs Psychiatric Evaluation - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.