Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,414 members, 7,781,202 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:35 AM

Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) (40755 Views)

EndSARS: Osinbajo Apologises For Delay In Implementation Of Demands / Sallah: Buhari Says Lockdown Measures Will Not Be Longer Than Necessary / BBC Interview With Sunday Igboho About Fulani Excesses In South West. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by frubben(m): 4:58pm On May 17, 2020
Mtweee follow follow government
Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by CasNova: 4:59pm On May 17, 2020
I am not surprised.

Power corrupts but absolute power corrupts absolutely.

1 Like

Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by michoim(m): 4:59pm On May 17, 2020
SeverusSnape:
Wike is the fight, The war, The lion himself, The Indaboski.
Nonsense talk

1 Like

Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by ensamy(m): 5:00pm On May 17, 2020
They copied the wealthy nations to lockdown, which is backfiring.,,, Copy the west in Economic, Political and Agricultural policies which has never worked for us. Atleast after this they will understand Africa's approach is needed in every policies. sad shocked shocked shocked
Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by ehirosplusbiz(m): 5:00pm On May 17, 2020
BranddesignerH:
These are Rulers not Leaders.
You can't Lock out your family members at home without care.

That's first sign of irresponsibility

I would have give you 8,000,000 likes if allowed....
Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by WorkTheTalk(m): 5:03pm On May 17, 2020
We will get it right someday.
Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by OKTolu: 5:07pm On May 17, 2020
Birds of the same feather flock together
Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by atiku4President(m): 5:07pm On May 17, 2020
mytime24:
Yawn
I join you dey yawn o
Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by PureGoldh(m): 5:10pm On May 17, 2020
Dx people matter weak me
Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by Psalmy2cute(m): 5:11pm On May 17, 2020
fiizznation:
Wike and el-rufai are worst. One was busy demolishing hotels while the other one was mounting useless road blocks in Kaduna. Like el-rufai shutdown kaduna for more than 2months now without providing adequate palliatives to his people. What kind of wickedness is that? Now kaduna indigenes have to come out as early as 1am in the morning just to buy and sell things in the state's central markets.

Is that what the fight against covid19 should be? Putting people in unnecessary hardship just because of a virus that is overhyped by the media.Are we saying people shouldn't go out and fend for themselves and their families because our leaders lack the right approach in combating the virus?

Lockdown or whatever is absolutely a waste of time here in nigeria/Africa. We are only killing our already fragile economy the more. Or you guys think the Europeans we love to copy would have shut their nations if they had fewer cases of covid19 like what we have here in Africa. Why did God curse us with leaders that don't think and can't think.... Smh!
the virus is over hyped?? how immature.. I get what you're trying to say.. but saying the virus is over hyped is just so immature of you.. may you not fall victim to it in order for you to understand

there wont be an economy when everyone is dead... grin you'll be too dead to even feel hunger..

forget about economy the whole world is facing the hardship together.. you should be concerned about survival not economy
Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by habinccigroup: 5:11pm On May 17, 2020
It's because of how stubborn Nigerians are.....
Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by AMvanquish: 5:11pm On May 17, 2020
for those that are wondering why a governor would order the closure of a particular rice mill in Kano.

Well, the owner of that particular Rice Mill is suspected and purported to be responsible for Ganduje's Gandollar videos. So the governor is just Using the lockdown order as an excuse to flex muscle.

You wonder what he plans to achieve by closing the mill.

2 Likes

Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by Miracle1991: 5:12pm On May 17, 2020
fiizznation:
Wike and el-rufai are worst. One was busy demolishing hotels while the other one was mounting useless road blocks in Kaduna. Like el-rufai shutdown kaduna for more than 2months now without providing adequate palliatives to his people. What kind of wickedness is that? Now kaduna indigenes have to come out as early as 1am in the morning just to buy and sell things in the state's central markets.

Is that what the fight against covid19 should be? Putting people in unnecessary hardship just because of a virus that is overhyped by the media.Are we saying people shouldn't go out and fend for themselves and their families because our leaders lack the right approach in combating the virus?

Lockdown or whatever is absolutely a waste of time here in nigeria/Africa. We are only killing our already fragile economy the more. Or you guys think the Europeans we love to copy would have shut their nations if they had fewer cases of covid19 like what we have here in Africa. Why did God curse us with leaders that don't think and can't think.... Smh!
when Russia ordered for lockdown how many cases do they have at that time?
When Germany ordered for lockdown how many cases do they have at that time?
Stop saying what you don't know.
Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by Jubilancy(f): 5:14pm On May 17, 2020
Honestly every measure taken by them are their own way of tackling this frightening pandemic, it is not meant for everyone to like, if they where handling it with kidgloves we are will still complain if they exert little force we also we complain...
Best thing, let everyone be given room to play their parts in fighting this!

My two cents...you dont have to like my opinion
Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by xandy84: 5:16pm On May 17, 2020
I disagreed. Wish Trump has done same then 90,000 Americans will not be dead by now. The virus can only be contained with total locked down at initial stage and China has shown everybody. US and UK are examples of countries which follow different route and their body count is thru the roof..

BranddesignerH:

Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by guru90: 5:18pm On May 17, 2020
Elrufa'i is more dangerous and wicked than Wike....

I dislike Elrufa'i in my life........

I prefer Wike than Elrufa'i.

Because Elrufa'i is demon himself.
Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by kemii3461: 5:22pm On May 17, 2020
[color=#] 1406956[/color]
Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by WeRblessed(f): 5:22pm On May 17, 2020
BranddesignerH:

God bless you for your reasonable comment. Nigeria lacks leadership. Every one of them acts like they are in military regime where the voice of the people must not be heard. Nigeria has a law on how to deal with certain things, and the constitution allows them to take people to court if they disobey the orders of the government. But these so-called rulers just act like morons, hence, taking the laws in their hands.

1 Like

Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 17, 2020
All these actions were driven by fear and power drunkenness rather than by logical reasoning and expert health advice.

1 Like

Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by emanobis(m): 5:23pm On May 17, 2020
I actually don't knw hw we all see these actions, but from my own point of view, if our Fed Govt and the Minister for Health took serious steps n measures, the nation at large won't get to where we are today.
Secondly, every governor is the CSO of his state and once an order is given for d safety of the entire state, a mere hotel or aero operator shldnt put everyone in jeopardy.
In a related issue, some of us who wnts to skin Wike alive, should also recall that Buhari's government locked down the whole Lagos state just to Mount his 2nd term campaign Bill board on 3rd Mainland Bridge.
Let's apply God given wisdom and stop Politicizing everything because Wike is involved.

1 Like

Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:24pm On May 17, 2020
These men are just busybodies.....if you watch, aside the Kogi state governor the rest are trying to get FG assisted funds by acting above board with their excessiveness and rascality......but for sure, everything has an end.

1 Like

Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by Myer(m): 5:31pm On May 17, 2020
fiizznation:

Tyrants hiding under democracy.
Wiked and hell rufai are simply showing the world what happens when you give a mad person power.

1 Like

Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by EmmyDJourno: 5:39pm On May 17, 2020
See
Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by kemii2469: 5:39pm On May 17, 2020
[color=#] 3672324[/color]
Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by Chimaautomobile: 5:40pm On May 17, 2020
Na wa
Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by airminem(f): 5:40pm On May 17, 2020
The fed govt nkor? Dem own na LIES LIES LIES AND THREAT THEM JUST DEY ADOPT
Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by OVB123: 5:43pm On May 17, 2020
Just lyk in an exam hall, lecturer set questions, students will write different answers. On d decision taking by governors over covid 19, some of dis governors are now using it as an avenue to revenge and score cheap polical goals. A good examples is Gov. Wike, who went to demolished somebody (political friend now political foes) investment because he want to enforce executive order. Let us call a spare, a spare, wht governor wike did is morally and constitutionally wrong. Since the demolition of d hotel, has it stop d spread of covid 19 in d state? your answer(s) is as good as mine.
Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by tonapuck: 5:43pm On May 17, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

the virus is over hyped?? how immature.. I get what you're trying to say.. but saying the virus is over hyped is just so immature of you.. may you not fall victim to it in order for you to understand

there wont be an economy when everyone is dead... grin you'll be too dead to even feel hunger..

forget about economy the whole world is facing the hardship together.. you should be concerned about survival not economy

Which whole world. Even the countries with more serious cases are relaxing lockdown. Lockdown is not the best strategy, it would only put majority in suffering, not everyone has enough reserve to survive the lockdown in the long run. It could cause more death than the covid 19.

How well are the governors managing palliatives.

1 Like

Re: Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) by MyMouth(m): 5:46pm On May 17, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

When u see this type of post supporting the lockdown, just know it's from a civil servants. Na them! Very selfish set of people, jus because they get paid their salaries while at home, they don't put any other people into consideration

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu's Projects And Achievements In Ondo State (photos) / Saraki And Dogara Meet With Buhari At Abuja House In London (Photo) / A Police Station In Benue State (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.