Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,840 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? (1605 Views)

How To Save Your Consulting Business By Shifting Online / How To Start A Consulting Business: Determine Your Business Model / Licenses & Certifications Required To Operate A Consulting Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by africandictator(m): 11:09am On May 17, 2020
Dear business inclined nairalanders, I am a university graduate, I completed my Nysc in the first week of March this year. Due to the recent economic situation of the country , finding a job has become an Herculean task, so I want to establish my own firm/ business and run it with a two of my friends who I trust. I was reading online and I saw a customer service consulting business. Does any one have ideas about how to kickstart a costumer service consulting business in Lagos ? Also, Does anyone here have any viable business I can look into and create a business plan on? I am open to suggestions of any kind thanks and God bless you have a nice Sunday.
Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 17, 2020
africandictator:
Dear business inclined nairalanders, I am a university graduate, I completed my Nysc in the first week of March this year. Due to the recent economic situation of the country , finding a job has become an Herculean task, so I want to establish my own firm/ business and run it with a two of my friends who I trust. I was reading online and I saw a customer service consulting business. Does any one have ideas about how to kickstart a costumer service consulting business in Lagos ? Also, Does anyone here have any viable business I can look into and create a business plan on? I am open to suggestions of any kind thanks and God bless you have a nice Sunday.

I would love to join you.

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by africandictator(m): 12:08pm On May 17, 2020
Obingene:

I would love to join you.
where are you based can you send me a private message? Also do you have any ideas on the job
Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 17, 2020
africandictator:
where are you based can you send me a private message? Also do you have any ideas on the job

I am based in Lagos. I don't really have much knowledge on the biz but, we can put our heads together or look at sth else.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by africandictator(m): 12:18pm On May 17, 2020
Obingene:

I am based in Lagos. I don't really have much knowledge on the biz but, we can put our heads together or look at sth else.
send me an email here on nairalander
Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by africandictator(m): 6:40pm On May 17, 2020
Businesslanders
Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by VictorBode(m): 8:58pm On May 17, 2020
You can start freelancing on various freelance websites.

It's very lucrative and if you know your way around, you won't need to work much.
Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by Hope4all967(f): 9:07pm On May 17, 2020
africandictator:
this is very profiting and good business you're venturing into. Customer services can make or break a company, if a c customer calls, the customer service will determine if he remains a customer or not. To start a customer service business, you will need a CRM for managing clients, a computer and a phone. I can build for you a worldclass customer servicer management website with many features.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by africandictator(m): 9:10pm On May 17, 2020
Hope4all967:
this is very profiting and good business you're venturing into. Customer services can make or break a company, if a c customer calls, the customer service will determine if he remains a customer or not. To start a customer service business, you will need a CRM for managing clients, a computer and a phone. I can build for you a worldclass customer servicer management website with many features.
thank you please how can I get your contact? let us start discussing prices send me an email with your number or do you have a contact mail or page I can reach you on?
Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by Hope4all967(f): 9:17pm On May 17, 2020
africandictator:
thank you please how can I get your contact? let us start discussing prices send me an email with your number or do you have a contact mail or page I can reach you on?
drop your WhatsApp contact I will connect with you
Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by africandictator(m): 9:41pm On May 17, 2020
Hope4all967:
drop your WhatsApp contact I will connect with you
please don’t quote me because I would modify it right away.
Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by Nobody: 2:21am On May 18, 2020
Yes but for pure water business tho
Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by Victornezzar: 2:43am On May 18, 2020
modestbrowser:
Yes but for pure water business tho
Pure water as in?? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by obawinner(m): 7:55am On May 18, 2020
First rule of business.
Never start a business you have limited knowledge on,
Especially if it's service oriented business.

8 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by Chidonc(m): 9:42am On May 18, 2020
africandictator:
Brother you are rushing things, at this point you should be seeking more information. Most of the people here are looking for who to leech.

8 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by africandictator(m): 9:45am On May 18, 2020
Chidonc:

Brother you are rushing things, at this point you should be seeking more information. Most of the people here are looking for who to leech.
I am not and thanks, please brief me if you have any information God bless you .
Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by aikfrank(m): 12:25pm On May 18, 2020
500k is a low budget.

You would need the following.

Office space: businesses won't outsource their customer care services to ghosts

Powerful computers: you don't want hanging 2 gb rams, you need to go for core i3 minimum

internet hardwares: you also need to invest on some internet facilities for fast internet speed.

What I would advice:

1) simply get spectra net o something similar
2) am a summing you already have a laptop
3) build a customer care consultation service website, budget just 50k for this
4) open just one account on Fiverr, Freelance and Up work. Try and get your upwork account verified most big jobs would come from here
5) Budget 300k for reviews, buying review exchange and the rest. This is very important to get started else you would be there for 3 Yeats, no job.
6) Be intelligent and provide accurate and wonderful services else all this would be a waste.

If you want to provide better services, go to udemy and take a course. All of you should do, in 3 days you should be done watching the whole course.

God bless you!

3 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by universe26(m): 2:37pm On May 18, 2020
Its a good business. but don't be in a hurry. gather lots of info. as much as u can.
Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:04pm On May 18, 2020
You just graduated in the first week of march. Take it easy. Entrepreneurship isn't a child's play at all especially in Nigeria forget the stories you hear.

Getting a job when you have no skills would be very hard. Instead of doing the business you want to do why not spend the next one year acquiring skills that would make you valuable to an employer.
Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by Jsaviour(f): 5:12pm On May 18, 2020
Hi,
I am a business Consultant and this is my advice.

1. The first rule of business is never to venture into any business you don't have adequate information or full idea about.

The only time you can venture into it is when you have a partner or partners who are adequately equipped in that area.

Never work on hearsay- I heard it's profitable

2. Be very careful of how you pump money into a start up. Nowadays, business is no longer about fancy office, logo and co. It is about cash flow and revenue. The first thing that should be on your mind is what are my profit centres (packages to sell to make money enter not how to spend the one you have)

3. You have to also gather knowledge of business skills. How to organize and manage money, team and other things.

4. I would advice you keep that money (put it in mutual funds or investment that can yield you at least 3-5% monthly while you go on to learn about the business). While you are learning about the business, learn a skill and start freelancing.
May I know your course of study or something you are skilled or talented in.

5. Don't be quick to throw money into aesthetics or trial and error.

Guard every Kobo you have now because the future is bleak.

The rich gets rich because the only venture into calculated risk not blind risk. They also get richer because they have stored up a level of financial wisdom while men were asleep.

Ask yourself, what can I sell to make money now not to go spend the one you have on what you aren't sure about?

You can sell services, physical products or digital products which can be yours or other people's own as an affiliate.

You reach out to me to guide you on how to proceed.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by Hope4all967(f): 10:16pm On May 18, 2020
Hu
Jsaviour:
Hi,

1. The first rule of business is never to venture into any business you don't have adequate information or full idea about.

The only time you can venture into it is when you have a partner or partners who are adequately equipped in that area.

2. Be very careful of how you pump money into a start up. Nowadays, business is no longer about fancy office, logo and co. It is about cash flow and revenue. The first thing that should be on your mind is what are my profit centres (packages to sell to make money enter not how to spend the one you have)

3. You have to also gather knowledge of business skills. How to organize and manage money, team and other things.

4. I would advice you keep that money (put it in mutual funds or investment that can yield you at least 3-5% monthly while you go on to learn about the business). While you are learning about the business, learn a skill and start freelancing.

The rich gets rich because the only venture into calculated risk not blind risk. They also get richer because they have stored up a level of financial wisdom while men were asleep.

Ask yourself, what can I sell to make money now not to go spend the one you have on what you aren't sure about?

You can sell services, physical products or digital products which can be yours or other people's own as an affiliate.

Let me correct this impressions hmmm E mmmm, you are such a procrastinator, the first rules of business are passion and definite purpose, you need to define what you want and how you want it, then take actions needed.

If someone follows this your suggesttion he will get loss becauae you are trying to scatter someone 's mind and make him Or loss focus just because you want him to contact you.

. Once upon a time a guy sold his company and get $160m, he did not put the money in mutual funds but use the money to start his own news business that he will be in control of and today he worth over $19b, that person is ELon musk who is currently the owner of many great companies such as telsa and spacex.

You don't need to be professional in a field before you venture in to that industry, you can tell that to plumbers and mechanics.

You only need to have the passion, little knowledge, good plan and master mind group, then you are in business. Seun can be a witness to this, he was not a guru in programming when he started nairaland forum and am still sure that now he is still not a programmer.

The distance between your dream and your success is your actions, bro there is nothing like calculated risk in business only if you wish to start a provision store or cosmetics store where you already know what you bought, what you will add as profits and how much to sell it.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 18, 2020
aikfrank:
500k is a low budget.

You would need the following.

Office space: businesses won't outsource their customer care services to ghosts

Powerful computers: you don't want hanging 2 gb rams, you need to go for core i3 minimum

internet hardwares: you also need to invest on some internet facilities for fast internet speed.

What I would advice:

1) simply get spectra net o something similar
2) am a summing you already have a laptop
3) build a customer care consultation service website, budget just 50k for this
4) open just one account on Fiverr, Freelance and Up work. Try and get your upwork account verified most big jobs would come from here
5) Budget 300k for reviews, buying review exchange and the rest. This is very important to get started else you would be there for 3 Yeats, no job.
6) Be intelligent and provide accurate and wonderful services else all this would be a waste.

If you want to provide better services, go to udemy and take a course. All of you should do, in 3 days you should be done watching the whole course.

God bless you!

God bless you for this sir, pls what course on udemy should one go for

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by africandictator(m): 12:19am On May 19, 2020
Chidonc:

oh okay I would take a chill pill
Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by All4good: 8:28am On May 19, 2020
africandictator:
Nice idea.
America wasn't built by white collar employees. But rather by business creators.
Step out and FAIL forward. To help you in the Failing process put together a Master mind group (your Team + Mentors)
Keep your cost low. Jeff Bezos started Amazon from his Garage. So you could start your CS consulting from a Spare room in your family house. You can also have your team working remotely from their various homes/cities all you need is employ the right CRM, SAAS and Conferencing tools like Zoom to assign/ follow up tasks, discuss targets and training s for your team.
Major focus and determinant of starting the business is your ability to secure Clients since you are rookies with Zero experience. Usual way to get around this challenge is to offer FREE service for sometime ( say 2 months) or partner with existing CS agencies. In this regard find out who is handling MTN, Airtel, EEDC, FirstBank etc to mention a few.
Don't be worried about your newbie status if you can surround yourself with experienced CS professionals.
Goodluck and God bless

2 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by 9jatriot(m): 9:52am On May 19, 2020
Op, take this advice very seriously. There is a reason why many startups fail all over the world and even worse in Nigeria. This is not to discourage you but you have to conserve your capital first and learn the ropes not this I heard it is profitable dream you are going with.

Jsaviour:
Hi,

Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by Jsaviour(f): 10:30am On May 19, 2020
Hope4all967:
Hu Let me correct this impressions hmmm E mmmm, you are such a procrastinator, the first rules of business are passion and definite purpose, you need to define what you want and how you want it, then take actions needed.

If someone follows this your suggesttion he will get loss becauae you are trying to scatter someone 's mind and make him Or loss focus just because you want him to contact you.

. Once upon a time a guy sold his company and get $160m, he did not put the money in mutual funds but use the money to start his own news business that he will be in control of and today he worth over $19b, that person is ELon musk who is currently the owner of many great companies such as telsa and spacex.

You don't need to be professional in a field before you venture in to that industry, you can tell that to plumbers and mechanics.

You only need to have the passion, little knowledge, good plan and master mind group, then you are in business. Seun can be a witness to this, he was not a guru in programming when he started nairaland forum and am still sure that now he is still not a programmer.

The distance between your dream and your success is your actions, bro there is nothing like calculated risk in business only if you wish to start a provision store or cosmetics store where you already know what you bought, what you will add as profits and how much to sell it.

Not here to argue with you or about your points.

I am well aware of passion and drive which is a catalyst in business.

The point here didn't say he should not start, the point says "start with the right knowledge or a partner with the right knowledge about any venture you want to go into.

Don't work based on assumption.

Study and understand the market then go in.

When you push him to go in now without knowledge and the money wastes in trial and error, hope you will give him another fund to get on his feet?

Elon musk didn't work based on assumption.

We are too emotional in this nation that's why things keep going south.

Those men drown in financial intelligence.
They are financial literates ie. They have money sense (how to make make, manage and multiply money) or at least general knowledge bon how to run a business.

Ask op how many books, course, training he has undergone in this industry he intends going into

You don't go to the river and jump in if you don't know how to swim, that would be suicide.

Anyway, I am not surprised. Is it not Nigerians again?

Those that believe in trial and error. Those that believe they don't need to know before they do.

Those that believe money is a reward for prayers, good deeds or morality.

I won't say much.

Let him not procrastinate but let him not go in blind and squander his money. He can even start today provided he gets someone knowledgeable and skilled to partner with or he gets trained.

He can intern free for a firm in that niche or pay one to train him.

I am talking based on experience with over 10 clients with failed businesses who were warned.

What's your basis of argument?

Follow your passion! follow your passion! without clear action plan has landed many in great debt and agony.

While mentioning your ingredients you forgot to tell him that the step isnt just about define what you want, how you want it and take action.

When you define what you want, how you want it, this would open you up to what you need to get the it done.(mindset, skill, team, tools etc) After you get the necessary knowledge and skills, you can then act.
Or do you act on what you don't know how?

There are 3 people you can't help in this life.
1. The man that is unaware he has a problem
2. The man who knows he has a problem but doesn't know he doesn't have capacity to help himself so he keeps struggling to do it by himself
3. The man who thinks you are part of his problem.

Op get knowledge and in doing this get understanding.
Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by Jsaviour(f): 10:35am On May 19, 2020
All4good:

Nice idea.
America wasn't built by white collar employees. But rather by business creators.
Step out and FAIL forward. To help you in the Failing process put together a Master mind group (your Team + Mentors)
Keep your cost low. Jeff Bezos started Amazon from his Garage. So you could start your CS consulting from a Spare room in your family house. You can also have your team working remotely from their various homes/cities all you need is employ the right CRM, SAAS and Conferencing tools like Zoom to assign/ follow up tasks, discuss targets and training s for your team.
Major focus and determinant of starting the business is your ability to secure Clients since you are rookies with Zero experience. Usual way to get around this challenge is to offer FREE service for sometime ( say 2 months) or partner with existing CS agencies. In this regard find out who is handling MTN, Airtel, EEDC, FirstBank etc to mention a few.
Don't be worried about your newbie status if you can surround yourself with experienced CS professionals.
Goodluck and God bless

Op, this is the way to go. Surround yourself with key partners or professionals knowledgeable in that field. Don't work on no knowledge or help and keep cost low
Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by Hope4all967(f): 11:19am On May 19, 2020
Jsaviour:

The point here didn't say he should not start, the point says "start with the right knowledge or a partner with the right knowledge about any venture you want to go into.

When you push him to go in now without knowledge and the money wastes in trial and error, hope you will give him another fund to get on his feet?

They are financial literates ie. They have money sense (how to make make, manage and multiply money) or at least general knowledge bon how to run a business.

Ask op how many books, course, training he has undergone in this industry he intends going into

You don't go to the river and jump in if you don't know how to swim, that would be suicide.

Those that believe in trial and error. Those that believe they don't need to know before they do.

I won't say much.

Let him not procrastinate but let him not go in blind and squander his money. He can even start today provided he gets someone knowledgeable and skilled to partner with or he gets trained.

I am talking based on experience with over 10 clients with failed businesses who were warned.

Follow your passion! follow your passion! without clear action plan has landed many in great debt and agony.

While mentioning your ingredients you forgot to tell him that the step isnt just about define what you want, how you want it and take action.

When you define what you want, how you want it, this would open you up to what you need to get the it done.(mindset, skill, team, tools etc) After you get the necessary knowledge and skills, you can then act.

2. The man who knows he has a problem but doesn't know he doesn't have capacity to help himself so he keeps struggling to do it by himself
3. The man who thinks you are part of his problem.

hello Sir please, am not arguing with you base on this guys business startup but base on my own experience and school of from the great mentors I have been following. One is jack Ma, founder of alibaba I quote him:

Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by Hope4all967(f): 11:28am On May 19, 2020
Jsaviour:

I won't say much.

3. The man who thinks you 1are part of his problem.

hello Sir please, am not arguing with you base on this guys business startup he is a grown man with his own thinking, he may choose to start or procrastinate all the best for him, but i talking base on my own experience and school of thoughts from the great mentors I have been following. One is jack Ma, founder of alibaba I quote him:

Re: Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? by Jsaviour(f): 1:32pm On May 19, 2020
Hope4all967:
hello Sir please, am not arguing with you base on this guys business startup he is a grown man with his own thinking, he may choose to start or procrastinate all the best for him, but i talking base on my own experience and school of thoughts from the great mentors I have been following. One is jack Ma, founder of alibaba I quote him:

I understand you very well.

Nobody is asking him to procrastinate.
Just get trained and informed before you invest, how is this procrastination?

Remember this is Nigeria where you are on your own without any government support when anything goes wrong.

Thank God you have great mentors who you follow.

Did you confirm the startup capital they had, the brains they had, the support they had and the backup.

I talked based on the amount being op's best savings for start up.

For him to come out here to ask shows he needs help or guide which I offered based on my experience.

He need not be an expert in the field but he needs good knowledge of the business and expert partners.

Besides, in today's business;courtesy of the internet, you don't even need much startup capital in service based business.

What you need majorly is your skill set and focus on generating revenue (offering your services).

People are still living in the past of starting a business without first finding the market or living in the era of offline business hence they waste money.

This is no longer time where you stock up a shop and wait for buyers. You identify problems people need solution to and then package the solution.

What he needs now is to identify and define his audience (ideal customer) and start reaching them even if for free services.

Question is, does he have packages and solutions to offer and to who is he offering it?

Does he have the capacity? This is why I said get trained or partner with experts in that field.

If you ask him now, he may be thinking of renting an office. Does he need that now? No!!

Online platforms are at his disposal to use.

Co-working space (if at all he needs it for now) is at his disposal.

But ofcourse you want him to follow jack ma because he told you......

It is one thing to say A, it is another thing to do B.

Stop listening too much to motivational speakers.

Discipline and strategy is king over motivation anyday.

Probably the attached jump in following motivational speakers and now in debt.

When I tell people don't take loan for a startup especially for a business you don't have understanding about, they won't listen.

Loans are for expansion or scaling on something that is already working.

At worst, for a startup to take loan, you have to have expert partners or good knowledge and skills about.

These are salient points people ignore and fall into trouble.

What is killing most Nigerian businesses is lack of capacity to handle the business.

(1) (Reply)

Pos Business Still Dey Pay? / Can You Please Tell Me What To Import To Nigeria / Frank Atuche resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.