Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts (51748 Views)

Billions Of Naira Stashed In Wike, Ganduje, Matawalle's Home - Sahara Reporters / Sanusi: Why Abacha Locked Me Up In Sokoto Prison / Buba Galadima: The Man In Aso Rock Is Not The Buhari That We Used To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 17, 2020
Racoon:
The truth will continue to self expose.So Buba Galadima was an '"Abacha Boy"? While he continue to masquerade as democratic champion? I was deceived.

So after associating with Abacha & the sanctimonious "Abacha never stole a dime" crook they parted ways because he was not invited to dine on the table again?

So in whose name where all these foreign deposits done ? Abeg Abacha was a morbid kleptomanic.Dont justify nonsense.Politicians are all the same. angry

Ignorance at its peak...!
Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by Jahwinaboy(m): 7:36pm On May 17, 2020
Although I don't agree with u on many things especially with regards to Abacha, Nigeria needs increased testing, food, direct finance and not funding the reckless and slowpoke federal government
Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by kimjessey2019: 7:40pm On May 17, 2020
Oshomole, IBB, Mama P, Deziani and etc, Abacha was a learner for where this people dey.
Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by shugabasbn: 7:41pm On May 17, 2020
Abacha was a wonderful man, stacked moneys in America n European countries because he was afraid of America n European sanction. Glory be to God, Buba is a real Galadima

1 Like

Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by Dreason(m): 7:41pm On May 17, 2020
all this old politicians will be doing as if they were saint. they are just jelous they didnt know the tactics these ones are using to loot.
we complain that politicians are our problem but if (wef) a person critise them. we'll check his tribe or party. and start abusing him.
igbos dnt really hate buhari, its just that he failed b4 nd he is failing again. i want a nigeria where hausa,yoruba,igbo nd other youth can stand up against these politicians. but no. we'll rather remaind ourself how Nnamdi azikewe wanted to take over lagos and how AWOLOWO betrayed ZIKE.AND how hausa/fulani were killing people. its time to stand up. oh my country
Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by Connoisseur(m): 7:42pm On May 17, 2020
I sincerely believe that this is the true representation of the Abacha assets
Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by Dannjay(m): 7:43pm On May 17, 2020
Abdulsalami's loot is the worst
Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by Jonathan39: 7:44pm On May 17, 2020
If abacha was an igbo man, what would they have said?
Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by Taogbera: 7:46pm On May 17, 2020
Abacha my 2023 President
Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by KennyG(m): 7:47pm On May 17, 2020
Reference:
Are they not tired of this bull crap they keep on saying, that the loot was an anti sanction stash away.
How can you stash money in the country trying to or is actively imposing sanctions against you. How could he stash money in the United States and call it anti sanction security. Is it in a lions den you go and stash a goat to keep it from the wolves.

If it is a sanction busting plan and the United States is leading the rap then there is no country in tje wesyern world that the funds are safe. Ask Russia, Iran or Venezuela. The money is gone, shackled and no bank will date release it to your within the sanctions.

I would have bought the juvenile tale if the banks we are retrieving these funds from are located in Iran, North Korea or the Iraq he refers to. Better still if you want to keep resources outside sanctions just buy and stock gold bullion in your central bank, period. It is anti inflationary and convertible. Charles Taylor did same with diamonds before they were tagged and rendered useless.

Mr Abacha stole these funds period. No government no matter how sick it is can claim this was some sort of official policy/strategy.

Absolutely correct.
Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by cutefy: 7:49pm On May 17, 2020
But what does it mean by this statement made by the Abacha family...

No matter what, we can never be as poor as Dangote.

Awon ole... boasting with tax payers money.
All Nigerian politicians are wicked. They are demons and terrible souls.

1 Like

Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by Connoisseur(m): 7:50pm On May 17, 2020
I sincerely believe that this is the true representation of the Abacha assets.

Sadly, this country has been severely fractured along ethnic and political lines that the truth is often lost in transmission. I know this is a common practice among countries hoping to evade (US) sanctions. Even recently, our own GEJ did that when he flew 15 million USD by private planes controlled by his cronies to purchase military equipment from the black market in South Africa.

Nigerians should have been pushing for all the interests acruable to these funds over the years, but we shot ourselves in the leg by describing them as loots. Thereby, putting ourselves at the mercy of those who have held our money without interest for close to two decades.

Abacha was a dictator who did terrible things including assassinations and extra judicial killings, but he held the country together in the midst of economic sanctions.

Major Hamza AlMustapha broached this subject a while back and even challenged anybody with contrary opinion to present their facts.

No one did that to this day.

1 Like

Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by stormborn28(m): 7:53pm On May 17, 2020
Idiots everywhere...
Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by Connoisseur(m): 7:56pm On May 17, 2020
Reference:
Are they not tired of this bull crap they keep on saying, that the loot was an anti sanction stash away.
How can you stash money in the country trying to or is actively imposing sanctions against you. How could he stash money in the United States and call it anti sanction security. Is it in a lions den you go and stash a goat to keep it from the wolves.

If it is a sanction busting plan and the United States is leading the rap then there is no country in tje wesyern world that the funds are safe. Ask Russia, Iran or Venezuela. The money is gone, shackled and no bank will date release it to your within the sanctions.

I would have bought the juvenile tale if the banks we are retrieving these funds from are located in Iran, North Korea or the Iraq he refers to. Better still if you want to keep resources outside sanctions just buy and stock gold bullion in your central bank, period. It is anti inflationary and convertible. Charles Taylor did same with diamonds before they were tagged and rendered useless.

Mr Abacha stole these funds period. No government no matter how sick it is can claim this was some sort of official policy/strategy.

Government invented money laundering.

When sanctions are placed on a country, it is targeted at a section or group of assets of the country, not one privately held equity unless such individuals were specifically targeted in the sanctions.

Why did GEJ use the private plane of Oristejafor to ferry 15 million USD to SA to buy arms?
Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by Urchman200: 7:58pm On May 17, 2020
Osidazz19:
Dumb excuses.

You cannot stach away public funds in private accounts for no good reason.

This is how Buba Galadima and Atiku were planning on staching away out money if elected. Thank baba God.
how about saint Buhari who was pushing the narrative that Abacha never stole a dime from Nigeria?
Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by Justiceleague1: 8:05pm On May 17, 2020
Afamed:
PDP e- warriors over to you

1 Share

Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by laiperi: 8:06pm On May 17, 2020
See fish brain dey tok. So if USA or any country wants to seize money, you keep outside your reach in their countries.

Anyway, I thought Jonathan was buying another country for Niger Delta in Europe or America.
Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by darediamond(m): 8:08pm On May 17, 2020
Racoon:
The truth will continue to self expose.So Buba Galadima was an '"Abacha Boy"? While he continue to masquerade as democratic champion? I was deceived.

So after associating with Abacha & the sanctimonious "Abacha never stole a dime" crook they parted ways because he was not invited to dine on the table again?

So in whose name where all these foreign deposits done ? Abeg Abacha was a morbid kleptomanic.Dont justify nonsense.Politicians are all the same. angry
Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 17, 2020
The muscles APC has been flexing about corruption is now down because the are all thieves now. In fact APC stole more than PDP. Kittle can not call pot black.
Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by just2endowed: 8:17pm On May 17, 2020
Racoon:

https://thenationonlineng.net/galadima-why-abacha-stashed-billions-of-dollars/

This guy just confess where all our money is stashed to.
Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:17pm On May 17, 2020
Connoisseur:
I sincerely believe that this is the true representation of the Abacha assets.

Sadly, this country has been severely fractured along ethnic and political lines that the truth is often lost in transmission. I know this is a common practice among countries hoping to evade (US) sanctions. Even recently, our own GEJ did that when he flew 15 million USD by private planes controlled by his cronies to purchase military equipment from the black market in South Africa.

Nigerians should have been pushing for all the interests acruable to these funds over the years, but we shot ourselves in the leg by describing them as loots. Thereby, putting ourselves at the mercy of those who have held our money without interest for close to two decades.

Abacha was a dictator who did terrible things including assassinations and extra judicial killings, but he held the country together in the midst of economic sanctions.

Major Hamza AlMustapha broached this subject a while back and even challenged anybody with contrary opinion to present their facts.

No one did that to this day.

I almost feel pity for you
Who brought the sanctions on Nigeria
Al mustapha lost power like Galadima and starts preaching to dummies and they buy it.
Those almajiri would soon destroy u all
Too much ignorance in this contraption
Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 17, 2020
Afamed:
PDP e- warriors over to you

You can actually keep quite if you have no input to the discussion at hand.

Na APC nor get e -warriors. Yeye!
Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by OKTolu: 8:25pm On May 17, 2020
Lies from the pit of hell no wonder they called you abacha boy
Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by EmmyKrim(m): 8:38pm On May 17, 2020
What do you expect from someone who calls himself Abacha boy. I am perplexed that this man is still loyal to his boss even in death. How come Abacha wanted to repatriate the supposed funds to the same country that wants to impose sanction. This talk doesn't hold water for me.
Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:38pm On May 17, 2020
PassingShot:
Galadima has characteristics to be worse than Abacha if given the chance.

In fact, many of today's youths have one way or the other proved they'd be worse than Abacha if they're given the chance.

If Abacha was alive, we would not have known all of his loots we now know.

What of IBB's, Atiku's, OBJ's, Abdulsalami's loots?

Including Buhari loot, why jumping a known thief.
Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by Toosure70: 8:39pm On May 17, 2020
Divide this country and separate mad region from sensible tribes OH Lord

1 Like

Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by Osidazz19: 8:40pm On May 17, 2020
Urchman200:
how about saint Buhari who was pushing the narrative that Abacha never stole a dime from Nigeria?

He made a mistake.
But but what about all the Jona-daft slaves who are still worshipping the drunkard despite all the evidence of public money stolen by Madam piss, Dasuki, Metu and cohorts? Hun?
Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by liverpool72(m): 8:40pm On May 17, 2020
proudevil:
Abacha though they demonize you. I know you meant well for this beautiful nation called Nigeria . Our problem is the west....Gaddafi comes to mind. R..I.P the General.
Village people are after u.
Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by bigtt76(f): 8:42pm On May 17, 2020
The reasons given made sense judging from the fact that the government was under threat of sanctions but I wonder how they would've been able to spend the money without US knowledge undecided

Good thing however, all members of that government ought to have been arrested and investigated. Many more of those funds are still stashed away and needs to be repatriated angry

Racoon:

https://thenationonlineng.net/galadima-why-abacha-stashed-billions-of-dollars/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by 989900: 8:51pm On May 17, 2020
How can a man born of woman be this shameless at this old age?

How come DSS or EFCC is not arresting and charging this man to court right now?
cry
Re: Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts by LoveThemChubby(m): 8:52pm On May 17, 2020
People and even those who didn't read the piece are wailing. It is quite unfortunate that we always allow sentiments to cloud our reasoning. The man said Abacha hid the money to be able to evade US sanctions and that sounds very logical given that he was anti west. It is now left for us to go back and read the memos from the then minister of finance to corroborate these statements.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governors Wike, Makinde, Ortom, Ugwuanyi Visit Atiku / Atiku Wins Okrika LGA In Rivers, Despite Wike’s Opposition / President-Elect, Buhari, Considers Only 19 Ministries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.