Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,892 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? (1160 Views)

Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / Why Many Christians Face Difficulty In Life / Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by DZTech: 12:44pm On May 17, 2020
kindly quote the passages.
God bless
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by DZTech: 2:28pm On May 17, 2020
omo, see dodging!
where r all d preachers, pastors and prophets?! shocked
wawu
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by ABCthings: 2:32pm On May 17, 2020
Do you want Church workers to be paid or not?
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by Kobojunkie: 5:06pm On May 17, 2020
ABCthings:
Did Jesus talk to you about Church workers in his gospel?
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by Mydockay: 6:02pm On May 17, 2020
DZTech:
God bless

THEY SOLD ALL THEIR POSSESSIONS AND LAID IT AT THE FEET OF THE APOSTLES.... REMEMBER HOW ANANIAS DIED... 100% IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT TO GIVE IF YOU CAN'T GIVE 10%
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by Kobojunkie: 6:36pm On May 17, 2020
Mydockay:

THEY SOLD ALL THEIR POSSESSIONS AND LAID IT AT THE FEET OF THE APOSTLES.... REMEMBER HOW ANANIAS DIED... 100% IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT TO GIVE IF YOU CAN'T GIVE 10%
That is not in accordance with the laws on tithing as defined in the OT. God was strict in his design of how tithing had to be handled, and the disciples made no attempts to change that law at all.

Also, the people selling all they had was in obedience to the prompting of the Spirit of God that was living inside of them. Ananias and Saphira knew this but chose not just to disobey, but lied against the Spirit living on the inside of them, hence the penalty of death.
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by Mydockay: 8:50pm On May 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

That is not in accordance with the laws on tithing as defined in the OT. God was strict in his design of how tithing had to be handled, and the disciples made no attempts to change that law at all.

Also, the people selling all they had was in obedience to the prompting of the Spirit of God that was living inside of them. Ananias and Saphira knew this but chose not just to disobey, but lied against the Spirit living on the inside of them, hence the penalty of death.

WHICH SPIRIT LEADING ABI I SHOULD QUOTE THE VERSE FOR YOU?

YOU ARE BOUGHT WITH A PRICE.... YOU... YOUR WHOLE YOU

AND YOU THINK YOUR MONEY IS YOURS?

1 Like

Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by ABCthings: 8:55pm On May 17, 2020
Even you life is not yours. It just like a gift, which you must handle with care.
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by Kobojunkie: 9:02pm On May 17, 2020
Mydockay:

You didn't even read the story in the context it is presented you in the Bible? shocked

The Spirit of God was inside of Ananias, and Sapphira when they each lied. That is why he terminated them in the way He did. They lied against Him, thinking that the spirit of God inside of them was different from the SPirit of God inside the other believers of the time. grin
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by Mydockay: 9:06pm On May 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

You didn't even read the story in the context it is presented you in the Bible? shocked

The Spirit of God was inside of Ananias, and Sapphira when they each lied. That is why he terminated them in the way He did. They lied against Him, thinking that the spirit of God inside of them was different from the SPirit of God inside the other believers of the time. grin

IF YOU LIKE DON'T PAY TITHE OH! YOU DON'T EVEN OWN YOUR LIFE TALKLESS OF THE MONEY YOU MADE FROM IT.... KEEP ROBBING GOD! ... 10% THAT YOU WILL WASTE ON DATA OR ONE STUPID THING LAS LAS
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by Kobojunkie: 9:24pm On May 17, 2020
Mydockay:

IF YOU LIKE DON'T PAY TITHE OH! YOU DON'T EVEN OWN YOUR LIFE TALKLESS OF THE MONEY YOU MADE FROM IT.... KEEP ROBBING GOD! ... 10% THAT YOU WILL WASTE ON DATA OR ONE STUPID THING LAS LAS
LOL... The book of Malachi, where you get the warning not to rob God is in fact directed at the Levites, for you see, only the Levites were the ones who could pay their tithes into the storehouse of God. The rest of Israel were not even allowed to bring their own tithe there. Only the Tithes paid by the Levites entered the Storehouses of God.

If you refuse to study the Bible, How can you ever be informed of this?
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by Mydockay: 9:29pm On May 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

LOL... The book of Malachi, where you get the warning not to rob God is in fact directed at the Levites, for you see, only the Levites were the ones who could pay their tithes into the storehouse of God. The rest of Israel were not even allowed to bring their own tithe there. Only the Tithes paid by the Levites entered the Storehouses of God.

STOREHOUSE OF GOD.... WHERE IS THAT? TAKE YOUR MONEY TO HEAVEN NA AND GIVE GOD... PEOPLE LIKE UEBERT ANGEL ARE GIVING 90% YOU CAN'T EVEN GIVE 10% BACK....
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by Mydockay: 9:30pm On May 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On May 17, 2020
Mydockay:
SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM
How can you seek his kingdom in disobedience to the word of God? To enter any kingdom, do you not not first Obey the commandments stipulated for those who require entry? Sure, you can jump the fence like so many before you have done, but that does not mean the King will not spit them out in the end. grin
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by Mydockay: 9:56pm On May 17, 2020
Mark 10: 29. And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, 30. But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by Kobojunkie: 10:03pm On May 17, 2020
Mydockay:
Mark 10: 29. And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, 30. But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
This is the law on Tithing for the individuals... is this how you practice it?
This is what God told you to do with the Tithe He commanded of you.

Deuteronomy 14 vs 22 -29 ERV
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22 “Every year you must be sure to save one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that grow in your fields.
23 Then you must go to the place the Lord chooses to be the home for his name. You will go there to be with the Lord your God. At that place you will eat the tenth(tithe) of your crops—one-tenth of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first animals born in your herds and flocks. In this way you will always remember to respect the Lord your God.
24 But that place might be too far for you to travel to. Maybe you will not be able to carry one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that the Lord has blessed you with. If that happens,
25 sell that part of your crops and take the money with you to the special place the Lord has chosen.
26 Use the money to buy anything you want—cattle, sheep, wine or beer or any other food. Then you and your family should eat and enjoy yourselves there in that place with the Lord your God.
27 But don’t forget the Levites living in your town. Share your food with them because they don’t have a share of the land like you have.
28 “At the end of every three years, you must gather one-tenth of your harvest for that year. Store this food in your towns.
29 Keep this food for the Levites, because they don’t have any land of their own. Also keep this food for the foreigners, orphans, and widows who live in your towns. This will provide enough for them to come and eat all they want. If you do this, the Lord your God will bless you in everything you do.
If you disregard HIS command because you are worried about how the gospel will be spread, that one you will carry with your own head there. undecided undecided
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by Mydockay: 10:10pm On May 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

This is the law on Tithing for the individuals... is this how you practice it?
This is what God told you to do with the Tithe He commanded of you.

If you disregard HIS command because you are worried about how the gospel will be spread, that one you will carry with your own head there. undecided undecided

YOU'RE IRREDEEMABLE

THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF CHRISTIANS STILL PAYING TITHE... GOOD LUCK EVANGELISING THEM grin AND GUESS WHAT THEY'RE NOT ON NAIRALAND EITHER
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by Kobojunkie: 10:13pm On May 17, 2020
Mydockay:

YOU'RE IRREDEEMABLE
THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF CHRISTIANS STILL PAYING TITHE... GOOD LUCK EVANGELISING THEM grin AND GUESS WHAT THEY'RE NOT ON NAIRALAND EITHER
Are you suggesting God's word ought to change because hundreds of millions of those who call themselves Christians are not living by it? Are you really suggesting God ought to Change His mind? shocked shocked shocked
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by Mydockay: 10:16pm On May 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Are you suggesting God's word ought to change because hundreds of millions of those who call themselves Christians are not living by it? Are you really suggesting God ought to Change His mind? shocked shocked shocked

GOODLUCK BRO.... YOU KNOW MORE THAN US ALL FROM KENNETH HAGIN TO TD JAKES TO BENNY HINN ..... HOPE YOU'RE A BILLIONAIRE AND NOT SUFFERING THE CURSE OF ROBBING GOD cheesy
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by Kobojunkie: 10:26pm On May 17, 2020
Mydockay:

GOODLUCK BRO.... YOU KNOW MORE THAN US ALL FROM KENNETH HAGIN TO TD JAKES TO BENNY HINN ..... HOPE YOU'RE A BILLIONAIRE AND NOT SUFFERING THE CURSE OF ROBBING GOD cheesy
I am actually blessed by God Himself.... yep. NO curse here!

You have to understand that I do not have any law that requires me to do such. So I am not cursed when I don't do it. grin
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by petra1(m): 11:15pm On May 17, 2020
DZTech:
God bless

How many used the toilet ? Kindly quote the passages
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by karo93: 2:10am On May 18, 2020
Mydockay:

Some people dont even believe in God and they are billionaires. There are even muslim hindu buddhist and all strange religion billionaires....

To think that God will punish the one that believes in him with poverty while letting the unbelievers become billonaires is funny !

1 Like

Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by Kobojunkie: 2:16am On May 18, 2020
ABCthings:
Is that why God instituted tithing? undecided
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by DZTech: 9:08am On May 20, 2020
I asked for quotes about Christians, people r quoting old testament.
wetin dey do una?
undecided
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by desiredhome: 9:48am On May 20, 2020
Mydockay:

So in other words....I should give my 10% or 100% of my salary every month to a one man Church.....
So what next? I go without food, because I have given all my money to the church,

Then that my same Church built a school, but I can't send my children to the school because I can't afford the high fee....is that working for God?

Why are we making it look like God is wicked?
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by desiredhome: 9:57am On May 20, 2020
Mydockay:

And what was the purpose of selling their possessions and laying them at the feet of the Apostles?

Was it for the Apostles to buy private jets and live luxurious life styles while the people that sold their possessions die in poverty and hunger?
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by Mydockay: 7:32pm On May 26, 2020
desiredhome:

And what was the purpose of selling their possessions and laying them at the feet of the Apostles?

Was it for the Apostles to buy private jets and live luxurious life styles while the people that sold their possessions die in poverty and hunger?

That's why you look for a good Church with a man of God of integrity who actually uses church funds to finance the gospel e.g Uebert Angel
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by desiredhome: 7:41pm On May 26, 2020
Mydockay:

That's why you look for a good Church with a man of God of integrity who actually uses church funds to finance the gospel e.g Uebert Angel

Any Church that is concerned about buildings(physical structure) rather than the people (the church) is fake

I know there are few good churches but then it's difficult to locate them....

Even the ones that have turned to business centers today started well but latter allow the money they get from the members to control them.......

Beware of one man Church... they are as dangerous as the serpent........ deceivers

1 Like

Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by Elizersalifu(f): 8:12pm On May 26, 2020
Mydockay:

The scriptures are our borderline for instruction, explanation and correction (2Tim 3:15)

Men are fallible but the scriptures are infallible.
Tithing is not the new testament way of giving.
Today, Believers are meant to give generously without grumbling. We are not bound by percentages when we give to promote the Gospel and help the needy amongst us.

Neither Jesus nor His disciples taught or observed tithing as a religious obligation.

We are no longer under the law!

Jesus Christ is our HIGH PRIEST!
Re: New Testament: How Many Christians Paid Tithe? by DZTech: 8:47pm On May 27, 2020
Elizersalifu:

The scriptures are our borderline for instruction, explanation and correction (2Tim 3:15)

Men are fallible but the scriptures are infallible.
Tithing is not the new testament way of giving.
Today, Believers are meant to give generously without grumbling. We are not bound by percentages when we give to promote the Gospel and help the needy amongst us.

Neither Jesus nor His disciples taught or observed tithing as a religious obligation.

We are no longer under the law!

Jesus Christ is our HIGH PRIEST!
I need to find u wit 1 bottle of chilled orijin! cheesy
God bless

(1) (Reply)

Female Pastor Whom One-third Of Her Congregation Are From The LGBT Community / 24% Of Muslim Youths Are Leaving Islam / A Choice Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.