Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,878 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) (1631 Views)

Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! / Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? / Woman Uses Money Saved From Cooking To Build A House, Husband Collapses (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by nonslike: 12:09am On May 18, 2020
Dear NL,
Please these issues of paying wife salary after you have paid for most of the expenses for running the household etc .
How much percentage of your salary should go to your wife as salary even after you have opened a business for her .
Please women and men can give their opinions thanks
Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by matrix199(m): 2:06am On May 18, 2020
When you have the right woman, trust me, she'll be the one paying you your own salary as pension when the time comes. Men are not as prudent, frugal as women. Women have better saving habit than men. If you want to accomplish a lot in life, like own properties, give your 'good wife' half of what you earn, and see what she'll make of it, from personal experience.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by babythug(f): 7:51am On May 18, 2020
The set percentage can only be determined by the husband’s income And how generous he chooses to be.

Some husbands foot all the family expenditure and will still give a stipend for mrs as her pocket money to cover personal /female type expenses

2 Likes

Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by EM123: 10:33am On May 18, 2020
I suggest u give her little money for up keep she will appreciate u
Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by nonslike: 4:11pm On May 21, 2020
babythug:
The set percentage can only be determined by the husband’s income And how generous he chooses to be.

Some husbands foot all the family expenditure and will still give a stipend for mrs as her pocket money to cover personal /female type expenses

Thanks for your response . So what percentage should this stipend be ..
Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by nonslike: 4:12pm On May 21, 2020
matrix199:
When you have the right woman, trust me, she'll be the one paying you your own salary as pension when the time comes. Men are not as prudent, frugal as women. Women have better saving habit than men. If you want to accomplish a lot in life, like own properties, give your 'good wife' half of what you earn, and see what she'll make of it, from personal experience.
Bros,
Please this half you give what does the other half used for ? Please I am a learner and I want to learn from the elders .
Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 21, 2020
If you wife is worth it then nothing will be too much to do for her. Most people don't know why they got married. They married to make others and society happy.

1 Like

Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by Acidosis(m): 5:49pm On May 21, 2020
matrix199:
[s]When you have the right woman, trust me, she'll be the one paying you your own salary as pension when the time comes. Men are not as prudent, frugal as women. Women have better saving habit than men. If you want to accomplish a lot in life, like own properties, give your 'good wife' half of what you earn, and see what she'll make of it, from personal experience. [/s]

2 Likes

Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by Acidosis(m): 5:54pm On May 21, 2020
nonslike:
Dear NL,
Please these issues of paying wife salary after you have paid for most of the expenses for running the household etc .
How much percentage of your salary should go to your wife as salary even after you have opened a business for her .

If you still need to pay your wife monthly salary after setting up a business for her, then it's time to shut down that business permanently and allow her focus on you and your kids.

If the business is not profitable enough to settle her upkeep, then close the door of that business.

The goal of business is to make profit not to keep you "busy" or give people the impression that your wife is a "career woman." If you don't stop the common practice, it may end in tears.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 21, 2020
I want to understand this perfectly...
You foot all the bills/expenses in the house
Opened a business for your wife and still want to give her monthly salary
What is she doing with the profits she’s making from the business?
I thought you’re a random troll at first but after checking your registration date I’d like to mind my business...

Rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by klenton(m): 7:18pm On May 21, 2020
am not really understanding, so what will my wife be using her money for??

guyz let me tell you forget all these things you read online, women has a way to follow them especially when it comes to money.

am married and my wife is one of the best things to ever happen to me, when i count my blessings i count her twice, i provide everything in the house even Maggi and also placed her on monthly salary but do you my wife started NYSC this year and earning good money at her place of primary assignment including her allawee, so i intentionally didnt pay her last month's salary as i wanted to know what she will be doing with her money if i keep paying her salary, i thought she is going to save the money and use it for something tangible, lo and behold she told me that she has already spent the money by dashing it to her siblings without even informing me.

while she was dashing out her money she already asked me for her salary, so that means her money is only used for anything she wants while my own money is for upkeeps.

like seriously dont i have siblings too, so if i dash out my own money what are we going to eat, abi na only her get monopoly of dashing money out

ofcourse i let her know straight away she can't do that in my house, for the meantime i have suspended all the goodies i give her untill it equals that amount she gave out.

anyways been a good woman she is remorseful and am about to let go

6 Likes

Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by nickvanilla(m): 8:57pm On May 21, 2020
How can you open a business for her and still be paying her the same salary?

Agreed. Not everyone will make profit in the first year of business but it's better to slash the salary by say 60% so she can get out of her comfort zone quickly and find a way to increase sales/make profit.

Take this from me: keeping her on the same salary after opening the business would make her lazy.

2 Likes

Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by nonslike: 2:40pm On May 22, 2020
klenton:

guyz let me tell you forget all these things you read online, women has a way to follow them especially when it comes to money.

am married and my wife is one of the best things to ever happen to me, when i count my blessings i count her twice, i provide everything in the house even Maggi and also placed her on monthly salary but do you my wife started NYSC this year and earning good money at her place of primary assignment including her allawee, so i intentionally didnt pay her last month's salary as i wanted to know what she will be doing with her money if i keep paying her salary, i thought she is going to save the money and use it for something tangible, lo and behold she told me that she has already spent the money by dashing it to her siblings without even informing me.

while she was dashing out her money she already asked me for her salary, so that means her money is only used for anything she wants while my own money is for upkeeps.

like seriously dont i have siblings too, so if i dash out my own money what are we going to eat, abi na only her get monopoly of dashing money out

ofcourse i let her know straight away she can't do that in my house, for the meantime i have suspended all the goodies i give her untill it equals that amount she gave out.

Good men always let go of issues at the end of the day .
Thanks for your enlightenment though.

1 Like

Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by nonslike: 2:46pm On May 22, 2020
Plead:
I want to understand this perfectly...
You foot all the bills/expenses in the house
Opened a business for your wife and still want to give her monthly salary
What is she doing with the profits she’s making from the business?
I thought you’re a random troll at first but after checking your registration date I’d like to mind my business...

Rubbish.
Men.. na wa for you .. well thanks for checking out my registration date on the site. I am definitely not a random troll or a troll for that matter.
Its just something that came up and it mademe ask the audience.

You made it quite simple bullet pointing the matter.

When asked the profits as i am told go into getting the kids some items I am not charged for. Other items become thing I am owing which i settle at later dates . Or lets say I get to that ime of the month when things get tight and i have to reach out and borrow from madam. thosei have to pay back. she then gets stuffs for her self which she dont bother me about tbh. That said, I still but stuffs to for her . Its a must, I have to take good care of my woman

1 Like

Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by nonslike: 2:51pm On May 22, 2020
babythug:

Some husbands foot all the family expenditure and will still give a stipend for Mrs as her pocket money to cover personal /female type expenses

If the man earns 500k monthly and pays about 18-20% tax
loan stands at about 40%
what should be the wife salary ?

1 Like

Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by BlissB(f): 2:53pm On May 22, 2020
Acidosis:

If you still need to pay your wife monthly salary after setting up a business for her, then it's time to shut down that business permanently and allow her focus on you and your kids.

If the business is not profitable enough to settle her upkeep, then close the door of that business.

The goal of business is to make profit not to keep you "busy" or give people the impression that your wife is a "career woman." If you don't stop the common practice, it may end in tears.
I agree with this

4 Likes

Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by babythug(f): 5:35pm On May 22, 2020
nonslike:

If the man earns 500k monthly and pays about 18-20% tax
loan stands at about 40%
what should be the wife salary ?

This salary again I must emphasise is like a dash and for her personal expenses, it’s not the stipend for feeding or running the household . I feel N20,000 is fair enough

2 Likes

Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by matrix199(m): 3:33pm On May 23, 2020
nonslike:

Bros,
Please this half you give what does the other half used for ? Please I am a learner and I want to learn from the elders .

I give charitably to a fault. To curtail that, I resorted to give half of my salary to my wife, since most of what we need at home are procured by her. Now, the other half salary(plus my extra-income from my secondary source of earning) I save in my bank account(my wife holds on to the ATM card for spending control purpose), then I pay my son's fee, save N3,000 monthly in my son's trust fund account, then I give to extended family members, friends, and "Budweiser".

1 Like

Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 23, 2020
Doesn't make sense.

1 Like

Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by nneejima(f): 7:55pm On Nov 23, 2020
Mamatwiny, please ma'am what's your plan about house help issue, to get one that goes to school or the one that you will pay?
Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by jidamsel43(m): 8:57pm On Nov 23, 2020
klenton:

I really commend your submission on this issue. I'm also a married man, both of us are salary earners. I have been footing the bills of the family with my salary. Her salary is hers and hers alone. I ceased to do some responsibilities when she insisted that I would finance our building project. Anyway, We've resolved the issue with the help of family friend. Our wives should be considerate sometimes. Though, we know it's our responsibility but the situation of this country has made some men financially handicapped

2 Likes

Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by dprincedej(m): 10:05pm On Nov 23, 2020
Na wa for you. How did you allow yourself to be brain washed like this? Why did you open a business for her if you want to continue giving her pocket money ? I can never give a woman pocket money after giving her money for upkeep of the house. Honestly, I'm not even the type to be with a jobless woman. You have married a woman who would control you
Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by mamatwiny(f): 9:11pm On Nov 24, 2020
nneejima:
Mamatwiny, please ma'am what's your plan about house help issue, to get one that goes to school or the one that you will pay?

We were looking for one that goes to school, but of a truth, I am tired of changing househelps cos you don't know the fault that the next one you will bring will have. My hubby told her that she won't be travelling for Christmas, that if she wants to travel, the she will go and never come back. She told my hubby that the guy wants to marry her, that he is serious and that she is in love with him but that instead of it causing problem, that she won't travel. She has been told to make up her mind. We are supposed to enrol her in a catering institute now that my boy has started school and it is expensive, I won't want to waste money if she has no plans to stay. Till now, she doesn't know the guy is deceiving her to get to her pants.
My boy still hates her. She went to pick him from school and he refuses to go. The teachers thought that he likes school so much, but I told my hubby that he simply does not like her .
Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by pozehnani(f): 9:42pm On Nov 24, 2020
The men here will not like this.

The right percentage to give her is 30% at the most.
Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by frozen70(f): 12:52am On Nov 25, 2020
nonslike:
Dear NL,

It's not about how much to pay to your wife

It's about combine planning with you and your wife

If you have a wife that is prudent, both of you can plan with what you have to achieve success at early stages of marriage and enjoy life at late stages

But if your wife is not economical, just plan ahead and let her know what you want to do and don't give her the room to spoil your financial plans due to her own selfish reasons
Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by nneejima(f): 2:03pm On Nov 27, 2020
mamatwiny:

We were looking for one that goes to school, but of a truth, I am tired of changing househelps cos you don't know the fault that the next one you will bring will have. My hubby told her that she won't be travelling for Christmas, that if she wants to travel, the she will go and never come back. She told my hubby that the guy wants to marry her, that he is serious and that she is in love with him but that instead of it causing problem, that she won't travel. She has been told to make up her mind. We are supposed to enrol her in a catering institute now that my boy has started school and it is expensive, I won't want to waste money if she has no plans to stay. Till now, she doesn't know the guy is deceiving her to get to her pants.
My boy still hates her. She went to pick him from school and he refuses to go. The teachers thought that he likes school so much, but I told my hubby that he simply does not like her .
Am thinking of getting the one that goes to school to stop all dz nanny stories. I employed the one that comes in the morning and leave in evening and that was the genesis of my problem. I employed a live in nanny but the way things are, it's like she is the one that employed me. I don't know what else to do. Am seriously searching for someone now
Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by mamatwiny(f): 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2020
nneejima:

Am thinking of getting the one that goes to school to stop all dz nanny stories. I employed the one that comes in the morning and leave in evening and that was the genesis of my problem. I employed a live in nanny but the way things are, it's like she is the one that employed me. I don't know what else to do. Am seriously searching for someone now

Hahaha. I can't try those ones that come in the morning and leave in the evening. They can steal for Africa. If your children have all started school , I think getting someone that goes to school will be ok. I have not tried this, it might have its own disadvantage.
Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by nneejima(f): 2:13pm On Nov 27, 2020
mamatwiny:

Hahaha. I can't try those ones that come in the morning and leave in the evening. They can steal for Africa. If your children have all started school , I think getting someone that goes to school will be ok. I have not tried this, it might have its own disadvantage.
Wetin I see for that woman hand, na only God go judge us. We are still tender, my baby is 13 months old, I go for the one that goes to school then. Make I stop nanny hunting all the time
Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by Dtruthspeaker: 2:15pm On Nov 27, 2020
nonslike:
Dear NL,

Men the kind world U guys have eh, Partner dey pay Partner salary! shocked

Anyway, na una Agree to dat kain Contract!
Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 28, 2020
Na wa o

See as naira land people wan take spoil this man marriage.

Some are asking why it is necessary to give your wife extra money bks u opened a business for her.

Dear OP take their advice at your own peril

Two things you should remember
1. This is a facelss forum
2. Na only you dey inside the marriage with your wife. Dem no follow you dey o.

Lastly, please don't stop being a good man to your wife.
Re: Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) by Baueress: 7:31am On Nov 29, 2020
Doesn't make sense

(1) (Reply)

A Woman That Always Demand Sex From The Husband Is Killing Him Slowly / How Can I Travel With My Child As A Single Mother / Should I Go Ahead With Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 3
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.