Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,889 members, 7,798,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! (61760 Views)

After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy / Nigerian Man Celebrates As He Becomes A Father After 18 Years Of Marriage / "Giving Your Toddler A Smartphone Is Like Giving Them Hard Drugs" - Says Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by ailenmen: 11:09am On May 19, 2020
Take him to tb Joshua ministry in Lagos, it seems he is possess
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Mstick: 11:10am On May 19, 2020
Over 4000 Gods so what makes you think I am talking about your own?! Is this a case of guilty conscience

BTW we ALL MUST PAY A DEBT SOMEDAY! DEATH IS INEVITABLE, SICKNESS AND WHATEVER VICE IN THIS WORLD ISN'T ONLY FOR THE "UNBELIEVERS" EVEN YOU CAN'T ESCAPE IT.
grin

Bonapart:
I guess you must be feeling high after your blasphemous words got you such likes. When judgement come on you now we start reading on nairald help with this and help with that. Some of you folks are beyond redemption. You will sure pay for that first line of yours
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Temidayo9(m): 11:12am On May 19, 2020
Fulcrum15:

Shut ur stupid mouth u know nothing.
Ur likes condemn innocent kids for witchcraft.
With the way you reacted here, it shows you also suffering from excessive drug intake. Watch yourself Couse you are already a product of failed home. Be careful
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by irunoko(m): 11:25am On May 19, 2020
cooltola:

Well the man is hitting his aged mum when she refuse to give him money. That is very wrong and dangerous. He might kill her unintentionally. He stealing the household items to support his addict. and If they can't ban him. Then His mum needs to get out for her own safety if that is possible. They can change the gate lock , get a gateman.
yeah.very realistic
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by star4ever: 11:28am On May 19, 2020
Aladdin1:
My advice for you maybe harsh.but i think that brother of yours is possessed by demonic spirits and may be under a curse.believe it or not such compulsive drug addictions or bad habits are caused by demonics spirits.your brother needs deliverance first before anything.look for any deliverance minister like umai ukpai,apostle suleiman,mercyland jeremiah fufeyin,chosen or any other experienced deliverance minister to handle his case.after his complete deliverance you can take him to join a christian drug addicts rehab centre plus support group.and i think you should continue to hold personal and family prayer sessions for his deliverance and for him to encounter jesus and give his life to jesuschrist.also go do a sacrificial offering to God,church or to the poor,helpless orphans and widows for ur brothers behalf.This is what can save ur brothers life.if you cant do these then u guys should disown him and allow him face d harsh realities of life.cos failure to do these he may oneday kill ur mum or somebody.

To convince him to go for prayers is one of the hardest thing. He doesn't even believe he is under any influence. He doesn't want to hear that he is being taken to any church for prayers, hence, our previous arrangements to invite men of God over to our house for deliverance prayers.

During one of deliverance sessions, he fought them physically and almost injured one of the prayer warriors. It took God's grace that day, we would have been into another trouble.

My challenge now is how to take him to any of the deliverance Ministries many have recommended on this platform.
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 12:09pm On May 19, 2020
Ceazario:
Brother, all those attacking you are dead upstairs. They are probably from the same background with similar upbringing. Dem no reach you cuz you have the best reply so far. Respect to your growing up. Ur parents born you well.
thank jare
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 12:11pm On May 19, 2020
Ceazario:
This person is wise, vast in knowledge and has deep intuition. The hard drugs does not have all these habits you aforementioned. It is what is in you that whatever you take bring out or escalate,it does not bring any new habit. Your brother has always been a bad person but instead of your parents to tackle him head on, they covered him up from the same community he is disgracing ur family,now it has gotten out of hand @ 42! U better free him and let d rest in the family learn.
tell them for me. Some of them were insulting me and romancing the hard truth

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 12:16pm On May 19, 2020
thinkmoney:

when I first started reading this response I was revolted, then I later see he has a point. only maybe he is mixing the reasonable point with a silly one, or he doesn't know how to express himself very well.
Many of this kids that mess up may have parents that are generally good, but that doesn't take away the fact that some of this parents indulge this kids when they were young (some even keep indulging them till adulthood) in the hope that somehow they turn a new leave by themselves.
I have a relative I lived with at a point, and I noticed with anger how after he threatens and/or complains, his mum and sisters end up giving him money. this guy being the last born and only boy, developed an irritating sense of entitlement.
I used to advice the family that they are only postponing the bad day(s) . I do show them example from the bible of the prodigal son. his father, after settling him once allowed him to stray. he never assisted him again (he would have only reinforced him, if he had). at this point, the Father knew the best thing to do is to let him go his way and live with the consequence. thankfully the guy came to his senses and retraced his steps.
that's what has been allowed to happen. but what can be done? I will still refer to that guy I know. the family ended up spending millions of naira on rehab, police case, and constant treatment of injuries he sustain when he gets involved in troubles. Recently I sat him down, talked to him candidly. I let him see that his lifestyle of almost 18YEARS as only resulted to one predictable outcome, which is unproductive, shameful life. I showed him picture of when he came back from rehab(he was looking good with few or no scar). I told him he needs to strengthen his will power and stop associating with the bad companies.
he is showing sign of a new life. I thank God for this. Still, has a well read person, I suspect I was able to help in this way, because the guy, still had control over his mind somehow. sadly in the case of your brother, he may have pass this point where he can grasp things.
I advice you take him back to rehab with the hope that he get control of his mind back in some way. Make videos of every stage of his life from now. And stop indulging him. IF HE WILL DIE, LET HIM DIE NOW. NOT AFTER YOU HAVE WASTED YOUR MILLIONS. You may have to finally come to terms with reality.
if he beats your mum again. lock him away. Give the station his story and be giving the police stipends to watch over him so that he doesn't have access to drugs even in the cell. He should learn. only if he still have his head with him again though. if you feel he doesn't, access that option of another rehab and stop indulging him after.
yea. I like this. But I had to say it bluntly without sugar coating it. As parents it's our responsibility to mould the child from 0-14 years. After that, they tend to learn from d environment and d society at large. But with little effort and prayers, the child will come out right at the end
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by gabrielsizou(m): 12:19pm On May 19, 2020
It is quite clear that the individual lacks intrinsic motivation to stop the drug use. And without it nothing can be done.

First task is to take him to a psychiatrist. Once he is stable, thats when he should be transfered to a clinical psychologist (not a counsellor). The clinician will extensively work on helping him develop a strong desire to stop using drugs, not becuz you people want him to stop, but because he himself wants to stop.

After that, the clinician would then proceed to designing therapies that would help him control the urge to take drugs and function well even in the midst of drug without taking it.

As for reintegration into the society?

He has to be moved to another new environment

This whole process will take time, money and most importantly, social support in the form of love from the family.
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 12:23pm On May 19, 2020
WeRblessed:

You should cover your face in shame right now. You are utterly out of line here. Do you know what drug addiction is? I'm glad that you may have kids one day, or already have one. How dare you put a blame on his parents? Did you know how painful it is after training a child they went the oposite direction? Have you also considered peer pressure? I'm so glad that Karma doesn't forget. He will definitely remember this your comment. People like you are the reason why Nigeria is totally backward. I pray for your children.

pray for yours shuga. Mine have got nothing with u. Hide in ignorance and romance naivity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 12:25pm On May 19, 2020
themonk:

You can’t even write correct English, I wonder what your parents did that made you to be dumb. All these stupidity you are showing here I hope your kids are not punished for it.
and u think u do? Guru

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 12:26pm On May 19, 2020
doggedfighter:

Shut up and stop littering everywhere with rubbish. Fanatic !!
hmmm. Y r u bitter?
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by star4ever: 12:26pm On May 19, 2020
gabrielsizou:
It is quite clear that the individual lacks intrinsic motivation to stop the drug use. And without it nothing can be done.

First task is to take him to a psychiatrist. Once he is stable, thats when he should be transfered to a clinical psychologist (not a counsellor). The clinician will extensively work on helping him develop a strong desire to stop using drugs, not becuz you people want him to stop, but because he himself wants to stop.

After that, the clinician would then proceed to designing therapies that would help him control the urge to take drugs and function well even in the midst of drug without taking it.

As for reintegration into the society?

He has to be moved to another new environment

This whole process will take time, money and most importantly, social support in the form of love from the family.

Like I mentioned in my post, we have undergone all of the steps you mentioned. He has been to two of the renowned Psychiatric hospitals in the country.. Nothing came out of it. All the same, thank you for your contribution.

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 12:30pm On May 19, 2020
oluplus:

What sort of comment is this?
Is this the best you could come up with. Who made you a Judge over the matter?
Why not keep shut when you hVe no positive solution to offer. Hian!
that's my comment, kindly coment urs

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 12:30pm On May 19, 2020
AfricanKingkong:
This Your idea got me sick. May God help you though. You mean Thieves, prostitutes corrupt politicians are products of bad parenting? You need to look for another verse and quote again
yes. And it's a big yes. Foundation of upbringing matters

2 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 12:31pm On May 19, 2020
merahki:

What “fresh hell” is this!? shocked
In my experience anytime somebody says “God is not mocked”? They then proceed to be their most unkind and judgemental selves. If you have nothing kind and or useful to add here, just read. Gaud!
so u see angry grin

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 12:33pm On May 19, 2020
queengift:

Remember you will be a mother tomorrow and feel the pain of a derailing child. Most kids that misbehave have parents that train them well, but peer influence do affect alot of them.

Don't be quick to judge people you don't know.
it's not judgement. It's d fact. Parents tend to pamper and spoil a child thinking they love him. Spare d rod and spoil d child.

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 12:35pm On May 19, 2020
Temidayo9:

With the way you reacted here, it shows you also suffering from excessive drug intake. Watch yourself Couse you are already a product of failed home. Be careful
so do u. Anybody that don't read and understand with wisdom is a failed product. My son, get wisdom and in ur finding, get understanding

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by star4ever: 12:36pm On May 19, 2020
Hezmatosky:
But I wonder why you chose to be bothered by your brother's state of health? At that age? Even after you have tried all these? Simple and short, leave him alone. It might be his calling

Our worry is that his situation has brought the family's name to disrepute going by his insane behavior. Otherwise, the family would have moved on since.
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 12:37pm On May 19, 2020
HonourableUche:
This is a no no; and come to think of it, you had to drag God into this.Every ill situation someone goes through is not due to the wrong things they or their parents have done. I don't know if its too difficult to understand.
wisdom is profitable to direct. I repeat. God is not mocked
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by star4ever: 12:38pm On May 19, 2020
Exc2000:
undecided

without personal conviction to change, you guys are just wasting your money.. disown him let him carry his own cross at 42, you aint his guardian angel

the only card on your table now is to accept him like that, and move on so that he wont drag you guys off

My cousin had a similar problem when he was young, he did drug, raped, was a cult top guy even without going to uni, and instead of fighting him after we had tried and failed at many attempt to rescue him(hospital, Alfa, babalawo) , we got him to join the Navy and spent our last kobo to keep him in the training , when he came out he was still rugged but atleast people thought he was just being a normal soldier hard guy, when his recklessness was still getting much, and had signed up to Join Special Boat Squad SBS (special ops) and got redeployed to Sambisa, we had to beg and induce financially one of his Girlfriends to please marry him or atleast get pregnant. long story short he is still a naval officer and has kids, a house and a car still acts violently and still does weed and booze but atleast we pointed him to where his violence and highess could be useful

at this point for a 42 years old man, stop forcing him to rehabs anymore, take your mum away for him and have him cater for his own needs including buying drugs. if he stayed broke for a little while and the urge to get high hits him, as a man he would find a way to make money, and later start being responsible for himself

Noted..
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by star4ever: 12:43pm On May 19, 2020
Jman06:
Like someone already suggested, your brother may need to be relocated to an environment far away from his current location. After the next rehab, he should be taken far away to a new environment where he won't readily have access to the drug.

Take him away from his current cycle of suppliers, destroy his SIM card(s) and every other means of contacting his "friends" and suppliers.

All these have been done. They didn't work.
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 12:43pm On May 19, 2020
Psalms5522:

It is also very obvious that your parents went wrong somewhere while bringing u up. Because if you were brought up properly, U should have known what it means to be sensitive to other peoples feeling, U should have known that if you have no word of comfort to give then u ought to shut up. I was even suprised that 57 of your type liked the TRASH u spew out. You where even quoting Bible u are obviously a pharasee (self righteous and delusional) have you read about the Story of Job? There is no difference between you and Job's evil friends who instead of comforting Job, they were accusing him of a secret sin that caused his problem.
Please appologise to the OP for your senseless comment.
likewise, yours did not bring u up well. Because, if they did, u won't be under my comment. I need an apology from u. Job was tempted by d devil. His story is different from d op, own. I think u r like d saduces that believe they r always right about their own beliefs.
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Temidayo9(m): 12:43pm On May 19, 2020
adontcare:
so do u. Anybody that don't read and understand with wisdom is a failed product. My son, get wisdom and in ur finding, get understanding
What's this one saying please? Who indulge you in this conversation? If my contribution cannot help you out of your drug problem, why can't you move on

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 12:46pm On May 19, 2020
AhoadaRivers:

Close your mouth, I've seen strict disciplinarian parents with terrible kids that ended up in jail. It's not all black or white.
There are several factors, co-factors involved in having bad kids.
what type of discipline? U think by beating and shouting in d form of abuse and restricting children, help them?
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 12:49pm On May 19, 2020
Eberex:

I disagree. Its not every time something bad happens that you seek solace in attributing it to parents past deeds. I'm sure you won't say the same if he was living a decent life.
He made a choice to live in this way, that was his decision and has nothing to do with any curse. I'm sure he is one of those who attended boarding schools or boys only school. This is an example of influence from bad friends he made at his young stage in life.
This is an addiction. I have someone who is like him but not as worse as this case. But they both share similar behavior in terms of not keeping to one job. Inconsistency follows their pattern and for me, the best is to take them into a church and let them work there. Somewhere they can be sober and also listen to God's word.
ur opinion matters. But I still stand on d point that it's still d parents fault either by oversight or deliberate negligence.
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 12:50pm On May 19, 2020
rastaLivity:
the most stupid post so far this year. There's alot of mono-carbon in your brain
same as urs honey. It's is showing full blown
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 12:52pm On May 19, 2020
tot:

You are a TERRIBLE person for derailing this thread of a person clearly in need. Sanctimonious senseless human being.
tongue. Y r u so bitter? It is well with ur soul. Take a little honey
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 12:54pm On May 19, 2020
7508:

What is oponu saying o?. A person is desperately looking for help for a sibling , this one there dey blame mother and father.
Sometimes just shut up to be appreciated instead of gassing yamayama talk biko
that is a way of looking at it in another angle. U should have ignored my comment. But u chose not to, so u r d bigger oponu here
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 12:56pm On May 19, 2020
torvickof1312:

He choose his path, pls put no blame on parents. Our parents born us but the never born our character, the train us to the best the could and we choose our path. He needs help by taking him to a remind home and changing his environment. It's hard for you to change him but your effort and his willingness is key. Engaged the brother cos idleness will take him back to the little drugs that is districting him gradually.
so why r u not on drugs and beat up ur mum, let me answer u, it's because ur parents brought u up well
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 12:57pm On May 19, 2020
Ceazario:
This person is wise, vast in knowledge and has deep intuition. The hard drugs does not have all these habits you aforementioned. It is what is in you that whatever you take bring out or escalate,it does not bring any new habit. Your brother has always been a bad person but instead of your parents to tackle him head on, they covered him up from the same community he is disgracing ur family,now it has gotten out of hand @ 42! U better free him and let d rest in the family learn.
u have wisdom and foresight. I heart u

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 12:58pm On May 19, 2020
BalogunIdowu:

As much as I agree with this, it is not always so.

Noah son perished even though his father was prophet. What did Noah did wrong?

Lut wife didn't go unpunished even though his husband was a prophet. What did Put did wrong?

Some times no matter how you put in efforts to train you child they still go wayward but you WON'T neglect them due to that. Continue to pray and advise them with the hope that they change.

Those examples above are too far back, don't tell me you haven't seen religious leaders in our current time that their offsprings have jumped fence too?
yes, there is something he or his wife did wrong while raising him up. Oversight or negligence.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

Teenage Girl ‘Resurrects' In Warri At Her Burial / Bride Slumped And Dies On Wedding Day In Ogbomoso (photos) / Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.