Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! (61812 Views)

After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy / Nigerian Man Celebrates As He Becomes A Father After 18 Years Of Marriage / "Giving Your Toddler A Smartphone Is Like Giving Them Hard Drugs" - Says Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by johnnyenglish02(m): 10:37pm On May 18, 2020
op from my angle..u bro has a kleptodownsyndromphobiativity disease...... doctors in d house abeg chill..na joke i jur dey joke
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by elektra(f): 10:37pm On May 18, 2020
charleybam:
He needs a spiritual teacher/guardian(Not pastor) that should guide and teach him how to meditate,he should meditate daily and lastly,try as much as possible and get gemstones/crystals like black tourmaline and wear it in his pocket,it repels negativity and psychic attacks

Make research about my comment and thank me later

Did your read anywhere that the brother is suffering from “negativity and psychic attacks”?

2 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by osazsky(m): 10:38pm On May 18, 2020
tete7000:

Even though he is your brother, he is an adult with right to live as it suits him. You people have done your best, take your mind off him and let him live his life. He has made his choice and will be held accountable for his life and deeds. Stop indulging someone not willing to change. Take your mum out of his reach, let her live with one of the children.
u mean he should neglect his sibling...even those that have been told that they will die of cancer in 2monthd time still try thier possible best to stay alive...as in are hopeful death is nothing they wish for

2 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 18, 2020
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Larryallfather(m): 10:38pm On May 18, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
He needs to see a good psychologist and undergo certain therapies. Everyone deserves a second chance.
you mean tenth chance.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by SeriouslySense(m): 10:38pm On May 18, 2020
This is really hard, i really don't know how this can be solved, can you all just try to loosen him up, try to know what he really wants, let the environment be very happy for him, to loosen him up, to know his inner dream

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by VIPERVENOM(m): 10:38pm On May 18, 2020
Take him for rehabilitation and when he gets clean take him to a different environment. He's relapsing because he's where those drugs are easily accessible.

One more thing. Don't force him. He has to be willing to get clean. Another reason why he keeps relapsing might be because he's been forced to go to rehab

2 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by salford1: 10:38pm On May 18, 2020
Octopusssy:

What kind of comment is this for God's sake?
Nairaland's kind of comment grin

4 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Jman06(m): 10:38pm On May 18, 2020
Like someone already suggested, your brother may need to be relocated to an environment far away from his current location. After the next rehab, he should be taken far away to a new environment where he won't readily have access to the drug.

Take him away from his current cycle of suppliers, destroy his SIM card(s) and every other means of contacting his "friends" and suppliers.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by bnbash(m): 10:39pm On May 18, 2020
iwaeda:

It is very hard, but from experience as truth must be told, you need to cut off the supply of hard drug. Change his environment and get him good counsellor. I am not sure if he has married
I agree with you especially change of environment will help a lot
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by KanwuliaExtra: 10:39pm On May 18, 2020
This is tough! Very tough!
Dealing with a loved one who is living without self-control. You can’t rehabilitate him? You can’t abandon him.

18 years? ? ?

Really sad.

Can’t see any way out of this. Your brother’s soul has been possessed by narcotic demons.

The pastors are too busy “collecting tithes”! cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Samm9y(m): 10:39pm On May 18, 2020
Karma ko camel ni

adontcare:
The word "Karma" according to Hindu and Buddhist relegions referes to the belief that all good and bad things that you do in this life affects how good or bad your future life will turnout to be.

Here are the 12 Laws Of KARMA and how they are applicable in our everyday lives.

1) The great law; " As you sow, so shall you reap", this is also known as the law of cause of and effect. Whatever you put out in the universe is what comes back to you. If you want happiness, peace, friendship and love. Then you need to be happy, peaceful, friendly and loving.

2)The law of creation; life does not just happen, it requires our participation as we are connected with the universe both inside and out. Whatever surrounds us gives a clue to our inner state. Be and do yourself. Do what you want to have in life.

3) The law of humanity: " what you refuse to accept will keep following you". If what we perceive is an enemy, or someone with a character trait that we find to be negative. Then we ourselves are not focused on a higher level of existence.

4)The law of growth: "wherever you go there you are". For us to grow in spirit it is "we" who need to change and not the people, places or things around us. When we change our thoughts and behaviour our lives changes too.

5) The law of responsibility; " whenever there is something wrong, we can find the errors within our thinking perception". We mirror what surrounds us, and what surrounds us mirrors our lives.

6) The law of connection; "even if something we do seem inconsequential it is very important that it gets done as everything in the universe is connected". Each step leads to the next step.

7) The law of focus: " you can't think of two things at the sometime". When our thoughts is on spiritual values, it is impossible for us to have lower thoughts such as greed and anger.

cool The law of giving and hospitality: "when we believe something to be true. Then something in your life will be called upon to demonstrate the truth. We put what we say we have learned into practice.

9) The law of here and now; "looking back to examine what was, prevents us from totally being in the here and now". Old thoughts, old pattern of behaviour, old dreams. Prevents us from having new ones.

10) The law of change: " history repeats itself until we learn lessons that we need to change our paths".

11) The law of patience and rewards: " all rewards require initial toil". Rewards of of lasting value requires patient and persistent toil.

12) The law of significant inspiration: " you get back from something whatever you've put into it" the value of something is a direct result of the energy and the intent that was put into it. Every personal contribution is also a contribution to the whole. Lacklustre contributions have no impact on the whole.

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 18, 2020
Ningen:
What??
He beats up your aged mum, his own mother??

DISOWN HIM.
It's time for your “aged” mother to rest!

He's an adult of 42yrs, mentally institutionalized twice and declared “fit” for the society. Gifted a job but only to quit. Doesn't want to earn a living and only into drugs. Una don try, GOD knows.

I tell you when I read that part of "he beats our mum" , I felt same way as you.

The guy needs a jail term.
Being in prison will keep him off the street and it will deprive him of disgracing their family or beating up anybody. He won't even have access to drugs.

If he is not taken care of today he could kill the mum, the OP or anyone else in the future.

A case like DAT happened in Ibadan in the 90s. This insane guy lived at home with other family members. I think he was into drugs too.
One day, he took up an Axe and splitted the head of their mother into two. Killing the mum.
When asked why he did it, he said he has killed no one that its chicken he killed. When he saw the mother he was see a chicken.

Let them ask ppl how to get him jailed for few years. There, his brain will reset. He won't have access to drugs anymore like he has now and he will lose the urge for drug after years of denial.

Truth a times sounds somehow harsh.

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Macon1212: 10:40pm On May 18, 2020
star4ever:
I have a 42 year old brother who for over 18 years has been on hard drugs. He started this habit while in secondary school and couldn't finish tertiary education for same reason. Efforts made by the family to stop him from substance abuse and rehabilitate him at several occasions failed. Each time such effort is made, he recovers after a while but returns to the habit. Currently, he has become mentally deranged and there seems to be no solution at sight.

He has been admitted to different psychiatric hospitals on two occasions. At both times, he was treated and confirmed fit and sound to return to the society. The moment he was discharged, he quickly went back to his old ways and all the resources spent went into the drain. In one of the occasions, we were strongly advised to engage him as joblessness was one of the greatest problem causing the abuse. We got him engaged by securing a fantastic job which he also left after a week of working there. Other meaningful efforts geared towards engaging him to enable him to become occupied and start earning a living as a man also didn’t work out.

We have organised prayer sessions by powerful men of God, nothing has happened yet. I do want to sound like someone without faith. I strongly believe that our able God will make things beautiful at His time. However, the situation has gone out of control and we need to act fast.

These, amongst many, are some of the interventions already done by the family and we cannot fold our arms and watch people mock us in shame every day due to his abnormal activities in the community.

Now what he does is forcefully, take money from our aged mum, sell any family property at sight in exchange for money to buy his drugs. Beat my mum up at any slightest refusal to give him money. He has been jailed many times for committing several offences related to this habit, yet the problem persists. Maybe we have not applied the best approach?

I am calling on fellow Nairalanders to assist with solutions. I believe there are some of us here who may have experienced this problem in one way or the other, or have an advise to give to solve this lingering painful situation. Your personal or professional experience (s) may go a long way in salvaging this situation for us.

I believe a problem shared is a problem solved.

Take him to the nearest deeper life Bible Church. You will praise the Lord later
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by charleybam(m): 10:40pm On May 18, 2020
elektra:

Did your read anywhere that the brother is suffering from “negativity and psychic attacks”?

at least you saw where i wrote he should learn how to meditate,no offence but from experience..it helped me alot but you can also make research about my post and see for yourself

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by osazsky(m): 10:40pm On May 18, 2020
charleybam:
He needs a spiritual teacher/guardian(Not pastor) that should guide and teach him how to meditate,he should meditate daily and lastly,try as much as possible and get gemstones/crystals like black tourmaline and wear it in his pocket,it repels negativity and psychic attacks

Make research about my comment and thank me later
so drug abuse is now spiritual attack..if he stays away from drugs he will be fine which is a very difficult task q

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by afroxyz: 10:40pm On May 18, 2020
adontcare:
God is not mocked. What a man/ woman sow, that they will reap. Ask ur mum and dad what they did wrong. There must be something evil they had done that is affecting ur 42 yr brother. The bible said, train up a child in d way that he should grow and when he is old he will not depart from it. They where sparing the rod on him and now spoilt

You must really be very stupid

2 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Reex12(m): 10:40pm On May 18, 2020
op I he needs spiritual guidance and counselling also he should see a physochologist it will help put it to him as tge physochologist is his frend and not a doctor from there he will start recovery
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Carloslehder: 10:41pm On May 18, 2020
Greatzeus:
Wow shocked this is sad, classical drug addict scenario. They will sell anything or steal anything to get the drugs. See do not judge him,I pity him actually,when the urge comes,you can't resist,it's like you'll die if you didn't take the drugs.
He should be taken to a good rehabilitation center,but I don't know how effective they are in Nigeria. You can take him abroad if you can afford it.
There are very good drugs rehabilitation centers overseas that will cure him completely,a lot of artists and rappers and celebrities in America were once like this but received help. Toni Braxton, Lindsay Logan etc
That is highly unnecessary, there are tons of rehab in Nigeria that will cure him within a couple months
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Carloslehder: 10:42pm On May 18, 2020
Mywd:
And someone will still come and tell me dat taking these drugs is good to make the Body agile....... It will end in tears
You don't even know the type of drugs in questions, there are levels to this shit.
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by rinzylee(m): 10:42pm On May 18, 2020
adontcare:
God is not mocked. What a man/ woman sow, that they will reap. Ask ur mum and dad what they did wrong. There must be something evil they had done that is affecting ur 42 yr brother. The bible said, train up a child in d way that he should grow and when he is old he will not depart from it. They where sparing the rod on him and now spoilt

You are the ones always Misrepresenting God and what Christianity really means and is.

Do you think a kid can't go wrong even after thorough moral and Christian upbringing?

This is why we keep having atheists remain stuck to their denial of God almighty because we cast stones first before we show mercy.

You don't know God. You don't understand His nature at all.

Be careful

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by SeriouslySense(m): 10:43pm On May 18, 2020
You will need him to want to change, i don't know how you can motivate your brother to want not to continue living like that, but once you can see that he wants to change then he can be brought back, from this sad way of living, remember, it is not up to anyone, it is mainly up to him, so don't bring your problems to him, try to make him feel comfortable, try to be in his head.

I had some troublesome family members, i knew if i judged them, i will drive them away, so i make them feel good around me, to understand them, and, and then i have the chance to encourage them to see that there are better ways.

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by LyfeJennings(m): 10:44pm On May 18, 2020
adontcare:

Hmmmmmm
Otito Oro bi isokuso
Bitter truth like nonsense
As much as I don't want to push away your suggestion
It's nothing but the truth
I came across someone I used to know who is now into substance abuse. I really pity the lady cos some 5years ago, I was asking if I could get another friend to p1mp her for me at 50k
Just yesterday she was a total disaster of who I once knew. I've been discussing this particular person and what kept coming to my mind was "what wrong has she done, what wrong has her parent committed"
U are very right there
God is a very merciful God in the most cruel manner. He doesn't serve it cold. His dishes are very hot
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by charleybam(m): 10:44pm On May 18, 2020
osazsky:
so drug abuse is now spiritual attack..if he stays away from drugs he will be fine which is a very difficult task q

he should learn meditation practice so it can teach him how best to control his mind and reduce such habits,i am in the process of reducing my high intake of weed but i tried really hard to help myself and its paying off so thats why i made such recommendations,well it's still up to him to make the decision himself
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by cooltola(m): 10:44pm On May 18, 2020
irunoko:
all that will make him more violent, desperate and aggressive.its like you haven't seen where a druggie is threatening to commit arson and burn everybody in the house if they don't give him money, he hasn't attacked you with knife or destroyed properties? They can even willingly join armed robbers in order to have money to feed their habits.the solution is to take him to the rehab

Drug addicts are extreme cunning and will do anything to get their drugs. Sometimes even after they go to rehab, they continue their habits because they know there is bed to sleep waiting, good food for them to eat and a mum or family members that can push or manipulate around. But when the family ban them from entering the house, he will forced to realize that his actions are no longer tolerated. Let society deal them or life deal them, the family need a break
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by SeriouslySense(m): 10:45pm On May 18, 2020
So sad, i pray God help your family through his angels of healing.

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by LuQuLuQu(m): 10:45pm On May 18, 2020
litigator:

Buy him tapes and let him find his why. Until he finds his why?

Nothing will stop. I had a friend who was in the same shoe, until he found his why. Now he is becoming better. Gradually reducing usuage and finding his way back.

Nothing will save your bro but himself. Don't for a second think he is not trying to stop using . But the dopamine addiction is getting the better of him. Nothing will help him until he finds a way round his dopamine.

I could send you one YouTube video that helped my friend tremendously. Perhaps, it could help your friend too.

Shalom.

Please send the video. Quote me when you do. Thanks
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by parish1234: 10:46pm On May 18, 2020
star4ever:
I have a 42 year old brother who for over 18 years has been on hard drugs. He started this habit while in secondary school and couldn't finish tertiary education for same reason. Efforts made by the family to stop him from substance abuse and rehabilitate him at several occasions failed. Each time such effort is made, he recovers after a while but returns to the habit. Currently, he has become mentally deranged and there seems to be no solution at sight.

He has been admitted to different psychiatric hospitals on two occasions. At both times, he was treated and confirmed fit and sound to return to the society. The moment he was discharged, he quickly went back to his old ways and all the resources spent went into the drain. In one of the occasions, we were strongly advised to engage him as joblessness was one of the greatest problem causing the abuse. We got him engaged by securing a fantastic job which he also left after a week of working there. Other meaningful efforts geared towards engaging him to enable him to become occupied and start earning a living as a man also didn’t work out.

We have organised prayer sessions by powerful men of God, nothing has happened yet. I do want to sound like someone without faith. I strongly believe that our able God will make things beautiful at His time. However, the situation has gone out of control and we need to act fast.

These, amongst many, are some of the interventions already done by the family and we cannot fold our arms and watch people mock us in shame every day due to his abnormal activities in the community.

Now what he does is forcefully, take money from our aged mum, sell any family property at sight in exchange for money to buy his drugs. Beat my mum up at any slightest refusal to give him money. He has been jailed many times for committing several offences related to this habit, yet the problem persists. Maybe we have not applied the best approach?

I am calling on fellow Nairalanders to assist with solutions. I believe there are some of us here who may have experienced this problem in one way or the other, or have an advise to give to solve this lingering painful situation. Your personal or professional experience (s) may go a long way in salvaging this situation for us.

. No worry
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by salford1: 10:46pm On May 18, 2020
mordred44:
Drug abuse and masturbation na lyk 5&6
Masturbation doesn't kill. Drug abuse kills people as they might eventually overdose.

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by persinpapa: 10:46pm On May 18, 2020
star4ever:

Just change your mom's environment..he has it at the back of his mind that your mom will always be there..
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by SeriouslySense(m): 10:46pm On May 18, 2020
yes, they are manipulative, and its hard to make them see better
cooltola:

Drug addicts are extreme cunning and will do anything to get their drugs. Sometimes even after they go to rehab, they continue their habits because they know there is bed to sleep waiting, good food for them to eat and a mum or family members that can push or manipulate around. But when the family ban them from entering the house, he will forced to realize that actions is no longer tolerated. Let society deal them or life deal them, the family need a break

2 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Carloslehder: 10:46pm On May 18, 2020
Bunch of amateurs, go to quora or reddit to seek for help,people here are not even asking the basis questions like what drug is he into because you just said hard drugs which is not really a name of any drug.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Bride Slumped And Dies On Wedding Day In Ogbomoso (photos) / Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) / 7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.