Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 (44951 Views)

Twitter Deletes Simon Ekpa's Tweet Threatening Joe Igbokwe With Death / Simon Ekpa Threatens Joe Igbokwe With Death / Why Did APC Replace Gaidom With A Clown(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by dre11(m): 10:57am On May 18, 2020
2023 Strategy: Igbos in APC dethrones Igbokwe, affirms Idimogu as Apex Leader

Though 2023 General Election in Nigeria is still three years away, Igbos in the All Progressives Congress (APC) Lagos, have unanimously endorsed the dethronement of Chief Joe Igbokwe as their Apex Leader, while at the same time elevating Honourable Jude Chukwuemeka Idimogu to the position.

Idimogu, representing Oshodi/Isolo Constituency 02 in the Lagos State House of Assembly was assigned the lead role at a press conference which was held at the Igbo Community Center, Nwachukwu Drive, Okota, Lagos on Saturday.

Those present at the press briefing were Eze Ndigbo of Lagos State, Eze (Dr.) Christian Uchechukwu Nwachukwu, prominent Igbo traditional leaders, leaders of thoughts and other stakeholders who restated their endorsement of Hon. Jude Idimogu as their new Apex Leader; they also dissociated the Ohaneze Chairman, Chief (Dr.) Solomon Ogbonna from the development, as Ohanaeze was said to be a social cultural group.

Speaking, Eze Nwachukwu noted that the endorsement of Idimogu as the Apex Leader, was because of the need to give Igbos the relevance they deserve in the political structure of the state, as the previous leader was not reaching out to the grassroots, adding “We have not seen a genuine mobilization of Igbos since Pastor Ben Akabueze left for Abuja and Igbos are self-reliant people doing well in their various fields.

“We will not allow an individual to give us a bad name in APC, we can see in Jude Idimogu humility, self respect and dignity, and we irrevocably guaranteed that a new leader has emerged. We said it; we believe it and will defend it, because we need restructuring in Ndigbo APC Lagos state. We have Ndigbo in elective and appointed positions in time past who denied us the benefits.

“Ohanaeze don’t play politics but Ndi Eze who are the traditional leaders do; we have done it, the President Solomon Ogbonna was really not involved, but we declared Jude there at our secretariat being traditional leaders.

“We have seen bad leadership before and that is why we have endorsed Idimogu as our new Apex Leader and it remains so, we want him to look for other elected and appointed and bring them together for the good of all.

Hon. Idimogu in his acceptance speech noted that he has always being concerned about the state of things in the political circles as Ndigbo are not getting what they really deserved.

“I have not always being a happy man in Lagos State because our brothers are not getting what they deserve even in government. Today, I assure you by the grace of God, is a new beginning for all Igbos in Lagos. Ndigbo in APC as we are self made people and deserve respect from our leaders.

“It is not true that Igbos don’t like APC but success is linked to type of leadership, Asiwaju Tinubu’s wisdom and tenacity has transformed AD to APC, a great feat. APC Ndigbo were not doing much because the leadership were taking the ordinary Igbo man for granted.

“Most Igbos voted against APC, because the former leader betrayed their trust, I plead with the leadership of APC to give us the necessary support, we want to start working now.” Idimogu said.

On his part, the National President, Igbo Mandate, Prince Anselem Udoka disclosed that the decision made by Ndigbo traditional leaders and other stakeholders emanated from the fact that Igbos have distanced themselves from the APC and because they don’t like being insulted by Dr. Joe Igbokwe.

“Ndigbo today say enough is enough, when somebody has been in position for over 21 years, we have come to tell the world the leadership of Igbos in Lagos APC like Joe Igbokwe did not reach ground. Jude is now the Apex Leader of Ndigbo in APC.

We are assuring the government of Lagos State, that what we are trying to do is to bring Igbos together for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu before 2023.

“We begged Honourable Jude for years before he accepted so as to touch the grassroots unlike the other leadership who doesn’t know how to talk. We Ndigbo in APC are strongly behind him.
Igbos in Lagos have been distancing themselves from being insulted by Igbokwe not APC.”

Udoka said Chief Igbokwe has held several positions in Lagos without emplying a single Igboman, such positions include Chairman, GM, LAMRA; Chairman, Whaff Landing; Public Relations Secretary, APC, Lagos and now Special adviser to the Governor on Drainage.

Chief John Onyebuchi, Founder, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Lagos and President Igbo Stakeholders in Nigeria and in Diaspora corroborated all said by Udoka, noting that there is no more opposition in Lagos State with respect to Ndigbo.

“APC had no opposition again, our new Apex leader never insulted me back then even when I confronted him, he handles the situation with respect.

“If Joe Igbokwe is popular let him go and contest, Igbos have been watching and knows that a day like this will come, you don’t insult anybody, leave trouble for us.”

https://authorityngr.com/2020/05/17/2023-strategy-igbos-in-apc-dethrones-igbokwe-affirms-idimogu-as-apex-leader/

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by kenzosky: 10:59am On May 18, 2020
A lot of Igbos that live in Lagos said lgbokwe drew lot of hate to himself due to the insulting manner he speaks to his fellow Ig.......

Hold on, hold on, i just opened my Window and i can see about 5 to 8 IPOP boys jamming loud yeastern music and screaming profanities, i have to call the police, this is Robbery in progress...

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by Nobody: 11:05am On May 18, 2020
Igbo amaka. We're finally learning how to play politics. Politics is not by emotions but by doing numbers

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by chatinent: 11:12am On May 18, 2020
Politics is a rubbish game.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by Nobody: 11:13am On May 18, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
Igbo amaka. We're finally learning how to play politics. Politics is not by emotions but by doing numbers

How does the article relate with your comment on "learning how to play politics", it's just a change in leadership role for Igbos in Lagos APC.

Do some profiles just love when people hate on each other..

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by Nobody: 11:22am On May 18, 2020
AhoadaRivers:

So now you are Ibo? grin
Tommorow what will you be a kanuri?

Ewedu people and their poor memory.

grin

Only if you understand sarcasm

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by Nobody: 11:25am On May 18, 2020
Esseite:

How does the article relate with your comment on playing politics, it's just a change in leadership role..

Do some profiles just love when people hate on each other..

You need to open your third eye. Politics is not visible to two eyed people

Speaking, Eze Nwachukwu noted that the endorsement of Idimogu as the Apex Leader, was because of the need to give Igbos the relevance they deserve in the political structure of the state, as the previous leader was not reaching out to the grassroots, adding “We have not seen a genuine mobilization of Igbos since Pastor Ben Akabueze left for Abuja and Igbos are self-reliant people doing well in their various fields.

“We will not allow an individual to give us a bad name in APC, we can see in Jude Idimogu humility, self respect and dignity, and we irrevocably guaranteed that a new leader has emerged

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by Nobody: 11:25am On May 18, 2020
Igbokwe foolish man

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by Nobody: 11:31am On May 18, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

You need to open your third eye. Politics is not visible to two eyed people

Rather than try to extract hate from the innocent article, you could do well to see it as it is "an ordinary change in leadership role" by the Igbos in APC.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by Lyydia2(f): 11:55am On May 18, 2020
That is the game

3 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by maestroferddi: 12:28pm On May 18, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
Who takes you seriously?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by Tissaia(f): 12:28pm On May 18, 2020
Awesome! Some sensible amongst them

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by Yayonigga44(m): 12:29pm On May 18, 2020
Okay
Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by olaboy33(m): 12:29pm On May 18, 2020
I feel Lagos APC has not done well for igbokwe politically hence the replacement as they're not benefiting much from him.

He certainly deserves more than being special adviser to the governor in drainage. Very belittling I must say.

Way back, igbokwe stood strongly with the yorubas. I remember how solid he stood with Abiola during his travails. After Abiola was arrested, he and his wife still stood firmly with Kudirat.
I remember how he's always in Kudirat's press conferences then as he was a journalist and his numerous articles.

Same igbokwe wrote 'Heroes of Democracy' in 1999 in tribute to MKO. Where he detailed the struggles of MKO, the heroes who stood by him and the quislings who betrayed him.

He deserves better.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 18, 2020
Can a non igbo hold much power in South east Later they will cry marginalization

65 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by Babatunde40(m): 12:30pm On May 18, 2020
The real Igbos in Lagos do not even recognize Igbokwe as anything. They don't even relate with him or care about his antics.

This news is rubbish

11 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by Sammy07: 12:30pm On May 18, 2020

I have not always being a happy man in Lagos State because our brothers are not getting what they deserve even in government. Today, I assure you by the grace of God, is a new beginning for all Igbos in Lagos. Ndigbo in APC as we are self made people and deserve respect from our leaders.

“It is not true that Igbos don’t like APC but success is linked to type of leadership, Asiwaju Tinubu’s wisdom and tenacity has transformed AD to APC, a great feat. APC Ndigbo were not doing much because the leadership were taking the ordinary Igbo man for granted.

“Most Igbos voted against APC, because the former leader betrayed their trust, I plead with the leadership of APC to give us the necessary support, we want to start working now.” Idimogu said

I no fit laugh grin

5 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by OdefaGirl(f): 12:31pm On May 18, 2020
I see it coming from Nairalanders.......... tribal Waaaaaaaarrrrr!!!
I wish they disappoint me and prove me wrong.
Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by Melezenawii: 12:31pm On May 18, 2020
The APC members should be arrested for breaking COVIDLagos guidelines

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 18, 2020
For those that will like to go into POS business (paga) call 09070314423
Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 18, 2020
This politics of a thing ehn..Okay make una just take am easy.
Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by waynejesus: 12:32pm On May 18, 2020
Make una dey there dey shout igno amaka
Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by oluwaseyi0: 12:32pm On May 18, 2020
BigGuyMan:
Nairaland is going down forever by 10pm today.

Mr Seun osewa you can't play dirty with everybody.
In tech world, you're still a toddler!

Which of your dose do you miss?

17 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by Thisis2raw(m): 12:32pm On May 18, 2020
Ok
Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by Melezenawii: 12:32pm On May 18, 2020
BigGuyMan:
Nairaland is going down forever by 10pm today.

Mr Seun osewa you can't play dirty with everybody.

In tech world, you're still a toddler!
See this mumu...

4 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by Lastmankc(m): 12:32pm On May 18, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Can a non igbo hold much power in South east Later they will cry marginalization
You want shake table abi?

6 Likes

Re: Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 by Crixxx: 12:33pm On May 18, 2020
Na we get this lagos

Olamide 2024

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Navy Military Capabilities Pictures / This Is Why Nigeria Police Is Called OLOPA / Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.