Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Five Arrested For Beating Peacemaker To Death - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Five Arrested For Beating Peacemaker To Death (570 Views)

Man Arrested For Stabbing Peacemaker To Death In Bauchi / Naval Ratings Who Tortured A Peacemaker To Death In Lagos Arrested / Nigerian Lynched In India : Five Arrested In Delhi Over Assault On Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Arrested For Beating Peacemaker To Death by nairapark: 2:33pm On May 18, 2020
Men of the Ogun State Police Command have arrested five persons in connection with the death of a 25-year-old peacemaker, Monsur Kareem, who was beaten to death during a misunderstanding.

The suspects, Toheeb Popoola, Ibrahim Ridwan, Mutiu Tijani, Akeem Ishola and Lawal Afeez, were arrested on Wednesday for allegedly beating Kareem to death.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Abimbola Oyeyemi, disclosed this in a statement on Sunday.

Oyeyemi said the suspects were arrested following a report by the deceased’s father, Najeem Kareem, at the Sango Police Station.

According to him, Najeem reported that his son was beaten to a state of unconsciousness by the suspects following a minor misunderstanding he had with Popoola.

“The deceased was rushed to hospital but he was confirmed dead by the doctor,” the PPRO stated.

According to Oyeyemi, upon the report, the DPO, Sango Division, CSP Godwin Idehai, led detectives to the scene in the Ijoko area, where the five suspects were apprehended.

He added, “Preliminary investigation revealed that while a landlord in the area was coming in his tricycle loaded with kegs of water, he fell down with the kegs of water and while picking the kegs, Toheeb Popoola, whose house is situated in the place, came out to question him for staying there.

“This led to an argument between them and it was at that point that the deceased met them and tried to intervene.

“His intervention did not go down well with Toheeb, who invited the other four suspects to the scene, and ordered them to beat both the deceased and the tricycle rider.

“In the process, the deceased was rushed to hospital, where he was confirmed dead.

“The corpse of the deceased has been deposited in the Ifo General Hospital’s mortuary for autopsy.”

Oyeyemi said the Commissioner of Police in the state, Kenneth Ebrimson, had ordered the immediate transfer of the suspects to the Homicide Section of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department for discreet investigation and diligent prosecution.

https://www.nairapark.com/news/1589795888/five-arrested-for-beating-peacemaker-death

Re: Five Arrested For Beating Peacemaker To Death by Twinkletwin: 2:38pm On May 18, 2020
Some times it's good to mind your business
Re: Five Arrested For Beating Peacemaker To Death by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 18, 2020
The other big guy resemble Gambari.

Re: Five Arrested For Beating Peacemaker To Death by Juliusmomoh: 2:49pm On May 18, 2020
Alway mind ur business, especially nigeria where some of us are mad
Re: Five Arrested For Beating Peacemaker To Death by Chidexter(m): 2:49pm On May 18, 2020
Twinkletwin:
Some times it's good to mind your business
True, my grandfather grew old cos he minded his business
Re: Five Arrested For Beating Peacemaker To Death by Twinkletwin: 2:50pm On May 18, 2020
Chidexter:

True, my grandfather grew old cos he minded his business
He did 115 years right?
Re: Five Arrested For Beating Peacemaker To Death by donbachi(m): 2:59pm On May 18, 2020
I have been hitting it,into the heads of my kids. Four sets of people to avoid in life.
1: whorish woman for a wife
2: short tempered man for a husband.
3: Fairweather friends
4: people who acts before they think.

1 Like

Re: Five Arrested For Beating Peacemaker To Death by Denique(f): 3:13pm On May 18, 2020
"Peacemaker"...What a headline! grin
Re: Five Arrested For Beating Peacemaker To Death by irunoko(m): 3:18pm On May 18, 2020
Blessed is the man who doesn't try to resolve the fight he doesn't know the genesis of.he will live a long and peaceful life
Re: Five Arrested For Beating Peacemaker To Death by Chidexter(m): 3:26pm On May 18, 2020
Twinkletwin:
He did 115 years right?

Yeah, hope you enjoyed the food served in his burial
Re: Five Arrested For Beating Peacemaker To Death by Twinkletwin: 4:03pm On May 18, 2020
Chidexter:

Yeah, hope you enjoyed the food served in his burial
yes served with kwunu
Re: Five Arrested For Beating Peacemaker To Death by Lyydia2(f): 4:27pm On May 18, 2020
This is y I love to mind my own business
Re: Five Arrested For Beating Peacemaker To Death by Chidexter(m): 7:02pm On May 18, 2020
Twinkletwin:
yes served with kwunu
cheesy cheesy
Re: Five Arrested For Beating Peacemaker To Death by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:35pm On May 18, 2020
That's why I like myself, if you liķe kill yourselves e no concern me.

Dem chop belle full!

(1) (Reply)

Parrot Who “heard Victim’s Last Words” Reveals She Was Killed By 2 Men / Mother Beats Her 7-year-old Youngster To Death In Delta / Thugs Mercilessly Beat & Disgrace Oba's Son In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.