Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,746 members, 7,802,278 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

"COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says (90307 Views)

COVID-19 In Nigeria Is A Scam – Discharged Delta Patient Says / COVID-19: 14 New Cases test positive, 1 Discharged Today. Toll Now 65 / Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by roqrules04(m): 5:51pm On May 18, 2020
Another Covidiot undecided
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 18, 2020
Roon9:

Oh! Asymptomatic but they were treated?

Asymptomatic cases are isolated, and if they fall ill, get supportive treatment, including antibiotics

Chloroquine is being given to some severely ill cases , though the evidence for it working is limited.
Lopinavir/ritonavir has also been tried.
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by Investnow2017: 5:55pm On May 18, 2020
humilitypays:
Hahahahaha Nigeria, house of comedy grin

Who needs any other comedy film when you have Nigerians and their comedic lesders cheesy

Comedy indeed grin. Her mother was sleeping with her at the isolation centre grin. And my 3year old will believe that cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 18, 2020
OChimex:

You really don't get the point. Your friends might be at the isolation center the same way the girl spent 17 days there.

The truth is, this country inflate anything figures to loot.

They accused people wrongly of the virus and arrest them and force them into isolation center.

Dokpesi said this, now this girl.

If this virus, the one in America and Italy hits this country, I bet you you all will see fire.

you said...They accused people wrongly of the virus and arrest them and force them into isolation center? She obviously was asymptomatic as at the time of testing and she should thank her God her condition was not at the worse stage before being tested...maybe she would have known what's up by now. Covid-19 is real. I know of people who have narrowly survived it. I always work at the isolation centres in Lagos. I think the government needs to show the doubting Nigerians some of our isolation centres in Lagos alone, once in a while on the tv to see the way people are battling for survival.

I was there when one Mrs Dafinone who was having symptoms after she returned from the UK was tested. Hers was a narrow escape and I was happy she shared her experience on channelstv weeks later. The fed govt could make the faces of patients blurry if they like when showing nigerians on tv like they do abroad. The figure is actually much more than what is being announced. Had the testing capacity been expanded, many more would have been detected.

Many have died in their homes unannounced and many are still dying. Kano's death is another proof. Many of their notable people have died. The 70-year old abuja woman who cried out after her son inlaw died in kano due to kovid-19 is another proof. There is no more ignorance once the truth is told...you can only be ingnorant of something you do not know anything about...same way people once said HIV was a scam.

I hope Donald Trump who also doubted the existence and wildness of the virus would win his second term because his ignorance has caused america and the entire world losses of lives. Once america coughs, others shiver. Other countries also relaxed after trump under-estimated the dreaded virus and now, the world is paying for it. Our people also travel to those countries where people died in thousands daily and returned home with the virus unknowingly like aba kyari did and were busy infecting nigerians.

We should be grateful to God because the rate of spread is infinitesimally low in Nigeria and other african countries and this could be as a result of our climate which WHO is yet to accept. WHO actually predicted that by April, millions of Africans would have died of the virus, the fear which caused all the western countries to evacuate their citizens here in April...but we are still here, kicking and people are recovering in large numbers from the virus.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by ud4u: 5:57pm On May 18, 2020
I can never be convinced that this virus is not real
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by StreetPreacher: 5:57pm On May 18, 2020
those who God has kept them alive will end up calling it a scam. is Dokpesi you father? you should be grateful to God. even if it's malaria, you should be happy you got free treatment.

COVID-19 is no scam
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by Nairalandmonika: 5:58pm On May 18, 2020
pquaver:
Oga is not all test you see the results.. Everyday in our hospital there is Blutentnahme how many patients see the results? My covid 19 test till date I only received a phone call.. Maybe Germany is scamming us too. I wish I was buhhari I will remove the lock down then you people will know what you are dealing and you people will be the first to complain and call names.. Anuofias everywhere... Continue helping to propagate lies with things that concern life very soon the chicken will come home to roost.
There's no lock down in Nigeria, what we have is is just curfew, market place is still crowded, nothing like social distancing, people don't even use nose mask. Abi is it not thesame covid 19 in Germany that's in Nigeria. So why is it not contagious in Nigeria?
In Japan or m South Korea, one woman spread the disease to 30 percent of the infected people but in Nigeria person will have coronavirus and his or her immediate family living with them in the same house will not contract it.
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by spiritmasquerad(m): 5:58pm On May 18, 2020
The virus that kill chief of staff is scam abi
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by executive12: 5:59pm On May 18, 2020
ddippset:
1. Corona virus is real.
2. Corona virus is in Nigeria.
3. We may have inaccurate test kits.
4. We may have unqualified testing personnels.
5. A good number of the people being quarantined actually do not have corona due to 3 and 4 above.
6. There is no cure for corona.
7. Corona virus is less potent in Africa than in the West.
8. The best option is to keep everyone at home and give reasonable palliatives to go round for everybody.
9. The Government does not have to means to do number 8 above.
10. Corona virus is real and is here with us!

Do not let hunger stand between you and your safety and thereby fall for the trick that corona is audio.

Do your best to stay corona-free!.

Well said.

1 Like

Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by Banter1(m): 5:59pm On May 18, 2020
IceLip:
there is something real this people are not telling us and why sef
She only said it's a scam in Nigeria dummy.
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by imam07: 5:59pm On May 18, 2020
Aditkd:
Hmmn, am in the medical profession and I can tell you that this virus is real, already I have 2 of my good friends in isolation so pls everyone be careful. Finito.
if they are in isolation,those that mean they are positive.
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by ChiefS(m): 6:01pm On May 18, 2020
Diagnostic tests are not always 100 accurate. Her case could be considered 'false positive'. That does nor mean Covid19 is a scam in Nigeria. There is no form of testing that has 100% accuracy.
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by Nwamaka1419(f): 6:01pm On May 18, 2020
Aditkd:
no 1 Sir, pls do be civil while addressing someone and you don’t have to be abusive when trying to make a point, you can make a point without being so crude and uncultured.
2, We all have the right to leave our lives the way we want it, so pls do throw caution in the air and leave recklessly. Finito
shut da Bleep up also, you're a thief, covid-19 is scam, you be mumu, ewu like you.
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by Beautyaddy: 6:02pm On May 18, 2020
Slurity:
Illiteracy is the real disease, instead of being grateful to God she choose to mock mother nature. Come and see the 2 people that died today in Lagos isolation centre. Foolish people still believed that its ordinary malaria that killed Abba Kyari

Do you work in that Lagos isolation center?

How can you confirm with certainty that those two people really died of COVID-19 and not no other disease. undecided
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by Nairalandmonika: 6:02pm On May 18, 2020
Investnow2017:

Comedy indeed grin. Her mother was sleeping with her at the isolation centre grin. And my 3year old will believe that cheesy
No, at mother was taking care of her at home b4 she called ncdc for a test, the test results normally come out 3days time. So her mom was taking care of her all those times. It's after her test results shows positive b4 ncdc will come n take u to isolation center.
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by explosiveskull(m): 6:03pm On May 18, 2020
Aditkd:
Thank you so much for the correction, really do appreciate it. Let me see if I can correct myself.
are you married?
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by hgnbello(m): 6:05pm On May 18, 2020
If u believe her, on ur own.
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by explosiveskull(m): 6:05pm On May 18, 2020
topstone4:

You are the full time idiot here.

You have no right to conduct test on me without my consent. I can sue you if you do.
chai! Oga this is very rude, he was just making his opinion. You need to apologize to him.
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by Amarabae(f): 6:07pm On May 18, 2020
its very real.
just had a test for it after isolating myself from my family, I had a slight contact with a codvid 19 patient in my workplace .
the result came out Negative!

2 Likes

Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by explosiveskull(m): 6:07pm On May 18, 2020
naijaschoolguru:
Ashawo grin aluwala olongbo, ogbon ati keran jeni. You have an interior motive.
It is ulterior not interior sir.
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by Investnow2017: 6:08pm On May 18, 2020
Prudency045:
Did she present herself for testing? If yes, why present yourself for a disease you know is scam in Nigeria?

Did NCDC officials forcefully gain access to your house to take sample for testing? If this is the case, it is understandable.

She need to answer these questions before I can believe her story.

Let us continue to adhere to safety guidelines so as to be alive to witness if COVID-19 is scam in Nigeria or not.

She said her mother was sleeping with her, was it at the isolation centre or so. Spurious stories. Telling the gullibles what they want to hear. Does the govt need Covid-19 to embezzle if they mean to? No one is asking this question.

2 Likes

Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by Ani2121: 6:09pm On May 18, 2020
No b scam, I dey suspect our testing kits/process
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by naijaschoolguru(m): 6:10pm On May 18, 2020
explosiveskull:

It is ulterior not interior sir.
You're right, I'm also right.
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by explosiveskull(m): 6:14pm On May 18, 2020
imam07:
if they are in isolation,those that mean they are positive.
Imam I know English ain't our mother tongue but its does and not those sir.
Thank you sir.
you are very much welcomed.
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by explosiveskull(m): 6:15pm On May 18, 2020
naijaschoolguru:
You're right, I'm also right.
ok sir
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by kenny160: 6:15pm On May 18, 2020
Hunmm we dnt knw who to believe again
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by Aditkd(f): 6:18pm On May 18, 2020
explosiveskull:

are you married?
Thanks for the correction once again, haven’t done the correction yet cause I can’t figure out how to do it. For the above question No.
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by hanson27(m): 6:18pm On May 18, 2020
ddippset:
1. Corona virus is real.
5. A good number of the people being quarantined actually do not have corona due to 3 and 4 above.
8. The best option is to keep everyone at home and give reasonable palliatives to go round for everybody.

Do not let hunger stand between you and your safety and thereby fall for the trick that corona is audio.

nice one bro

1 Like

Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by urchcoded(m): 6:19pm On May 18, 2020
ddippset:
1. Corona virus is real.

Rubbish. There is no cure for Corona yet more than 1k people have recovered fully and tested negative after receiving some form of treatment? This is not the first patient to say that she didn't see her result. I have videos in my phone of patients that said they never saw their results. Only audio results. How will you be Ill and not see your own lab results? Does it make sense? People don't use there brain to reason Sha. Corona is in Nigeria but highly over hyped and politicized
Re: "COVID-19 Is A Scam" - Discharged Delta Patient Says by Wiseoldman: 6:21pm On May 18, 2020
Spec7:
You are in the medical profession, That’s alright

You can tell us the virus is real, That’s alright

You have 2 good friends in isolation centre right now, That’s alright

Questions: Have you seen your friends result ? When last did you check up on your friends family and what was their take on the issues ? Was a result presented to the family as an evidence of them contraction the virus ? Something is not actually right which I can’t tell.

Go to Yaba infectious disease hospital and you will testify (LOL). I used to think HIV was a hoax "back in days" too since I had not seen any positive person before. Not until the day I saw the queue of people taking anti-retrovirus drugs for HIV patients in a teaching hospital.

Now HIV is as normal as fever. Kids of today won't understand the struggle to believe it's existence back in the days.

Corona Virus is real...it's as real as electricity. You can't see it, but it is there. You can't touch it, but it has changed the world.

Ciao

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Plants And Their Uses / Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures). / Doctors Remove 526 Teeth From 7 Year-old Boy's Jaw (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.