Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation (1105 Views)

EFCC Not Investigating Ooni Ogunwusi - Prince Adetokunbo Sijuwade / Corruption Allegation Against Me Is Without Proof — Amaechi / EFCC Arrests Saraki's Wife, Yar'adua's Daughter Over Corruption Allegation! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by degoat: 5:31pm On Jun 09, 2007
The acting Inspector General of Police (IGP), Mr. Mike Okiro stated yesterday that Nigerian police Dept has enough personnel to investigate Ehindero successfully.
As a citizen of Nigeria, I'm totally against this statement or decision.

I see this as absolutely rubbish and the beginning of another political/ police mago mago that will lead to a big zero as usual. It is not a new story to all that Nigerian Police Dept is clearly not competent enough to get anything done correctly. It is also clear that this group of people are not the brightest people in Nigeria.
I think the newly reformed EFCC should be allowed to do their job. Ehindero should be investigated by EFCC just like the rest (common thieves).
I'm very sure that the investigation will be nothing but failure if Nigerian police dept is allowed to proceed alone.
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by initiator(m): 7:32pm On Jun 09, 2007
Can anything good come out of Nazareth? This time it's a resounding NO. Ehindero with the police is the same story as bola ige and Funsho Williams.
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by degoat: 12:28am On Jun 10, 2007
By initiator
Can anything good come out of Nazareth? This time it's a resounding NO. Ehindero with the police is the same story as bola ige and Funsho Williams.

Exactly!
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by MILITIA(f): 12:55am On Jun 10, 2007
Na today! The line is too long jo! Ehindero's matter will come up in the year 2050, wen im don enter grave! Have faith my pipo, have faith! tongue
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by degoat: 1:18am On Jun 10, 2007
I wonder why EFCC is not fighting to do this investigation
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by MILITIA(f): 3:55am On Jun 10, 2007
@oboatioko
Anything to contribute to the topic? Dis ya love for me na wah oh! Sorry, you are not freaky enough! I only deal with first rate ones! You are unrated!
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by chidichris(m): 9:48am On Jun 10, 2007
the problem here is not who investigate him because an ordinary okada man in the streets of lagos can investigate corruption cases in nigeria because they do not hide them.
we should be thinking of where Ehindero belongs, where is his name in the good books or the black books.
one has to think of why the sudden removal.
if we look back at the event of balogun after obj's re-election of 2003 and the event of ehindero after the yar adua's selection( sorry election), it will be simple to understand that police have been deeply involved in the selection of these politicians.
if his name is in the bad books, only God can safe him because investigations and punishments in nigeria are determined in aso rock by rock so whosoever is going to investigate him will only interprete already written scripts.
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by degoat: 2:24pm On Jun 12, 2007
If the allegation is accurate, Ehindero should be bitterly punished. His position was to protect the nation from criminals and obviously he did not learn anything from Tafa Balogun's shameful ending.
We do not want this to reoccur, therefore I recommend the federal government to severely discipline this man. May be this time this will send a proper message to the rest of the potential junkies.
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by Mamajama(m): 2:30pm On Jun 12, 2007
Facts emerged yesterday as to how the Commis-sioner of Police in charge of Budget, Mr. John Obaniyi, allegedly kept the controversial N21.6 million away from the Police big wigs with a view to carting the money away.
The Police High Command had uncovered the scam last Thursday at the Louis Edet House Police Headquarters, Abuja.
Giving an insight into how the loot was assembled, a top police officer told THISDAY that the money in question was left over from the election fund, not police salaries as initially speculated.
According to him, “the money in question was actually meant for the just concluded elections. The CP Budget, Obaniyi, I'm sure, did not disclose the amount of money remaining after the elections. He kept the money away from the former Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Sunday Ehindero.
“He had earlier rendered account of all the money belonging to Police to the IG, but since there was no one to hand over to and as at the time Ehindero was leaving office, proper accounting did not take place,” he said.
He said Obaniyi knew “quite all right that there was no way he could have stolen the money while the former IG was around. He was smart about the whole idea. He did not want to be caught. I guess he might have thought that the former IG would demand for the account of the elections' fund, but for reasons best known to Ehindero, he didn't and Obaniyi simply seized the opportunity to cart away the money.”
“If not caught, nobody would have known that the scam has taken place in the budget office. Obviously, Obaniyi has committed this act and should be held responsible for it,” the officer said.
The Police high command unravelled the scam at about 7.20 in the morning last Thursday when the driver of the CP in charge of Budget was caught at the Force Headquarters trying to drive away with the N21.6 million, which he had stuffed in his boss' car boot.
The driver was said to have told senior police officers who interrogated him that he was sent to collect the money from the police safe by his boss, Obaniyi.
Obaniyi, his driver and personal assistant were subsequently arrested but later released.
But during interrogation, it was gathered, the CP Budget implicated the former IG saying it was Ehindero who asked him to take the money.
Following Obaniyi’s allegation, the Police high command last weekend quizzed Ehindero over his role in the scam.
According to a police source, Ehindero denied any involvement in the scam saying if he had wanted to steal, he would have done so while in office as the number one man in the force.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=80723
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by degoat: 2:33pm On Jun 12, 2007
mamajama, how much did you guys pay for this fake story?
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by Mamajama(m): 2:36pm On Jun 12, 2007
I've told you just SIDDON and keep looking and the fact will be emerging. I told you If the former IG wanted to steal he would have done so on his watch and no one would have been able to question him, He is a re-known lawyer and way too smart for this chunk change. What is 21 Million to him? I won't even take 21 Million contract.
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by angel101(f): 2:40pm On Jun 12, 2007
Mamajama:

I've told you just SIDDON and keep looking and the fact will be emerging. I told you If the former IG wanted to steal he would have done so on his watch and no one would have been able to question him, He is a re-known lawyer and way too smart for this chunk change. What is 21 Million to him? I won't even take 21 Million contract.

hmm so u are willing to believe this bit of press abi? wonders shall never end!
Tafa and all the others who have gone down had the same confidence so dont bet on it my friend.
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by angel101(f): 2:41pm On Jun 12, 2007
what is 21 million to him? Listen to yourself. u are doing your argument more harm than good. what is his salary? (including all his alleged books)
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by degoat: 2:43pm On Jun 12, 2007
mamajama, how much is IG annual salary?

Do you want me to blow your cover?
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by degoat: 2:47pm On Jun 12, 2007
And noone is saying IG only stole N21m, just because he was busted trying to loot another N21m doesn't mean that was the only time.
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by Mamajama(m): 2:49pm On Jun 12, 2007
angel101 stop putting words in my mouth.  I know this man, its not about salary in Nigeria.  the man has been writing books for the police force since 1990 when he launched his 1st book POLICE AND THE LAW.  look it up.  on average it cost a publisher 200 naira to print a copy.  the books are sold at 2000 naira.  do the math.  and not to only say his brother has a printing press in JOS that was opened by their grand father in the 60s.  I know TAFA as well, he is not a bad man, but he did bad things and set his own down fall.  I am still friends with Tafas children, do you think they are here in the state suffering?  go figure

you talking about salary.  Come to OKLAHOMA state university and see how many senators or major general kids are here.  you will think you are in a small town in Lagos.  what is their salary?

Corruption is an epidemic in Nigeria and you have to filter and kill all people over the age of 25 to start a new generation.  its in our blood, we are born to learn how to survive at all cost.  integrity and dignity is out the window when it comes to money.
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by Mamajama(m): 2:51pm On Jun 12, 2007
degoat you a novice so hush it. let me give you one example. when IG on official duty to tour the country or out side the country, do you have a clue how much his allowance is for a 5 day trip? clue it's over 1 Million, blame the law makers.
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by degoat: 2:55pm On Jun 12, 2007
By the way, IG monthly income is less than 1000 dollars.
N21M IG was trying to loot will be between 200,000  to 300,000 dollars.
mamajama, you do the calculation and let me know whether N21m is not a decent pocket money for the IG or not.

Bottom line, N21m is more than enough, afterall it's a stolen money.
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by degoat: 2:57pm On Jun 12, 2007
By the way, mamajama, I happen to also know IG much more than yourself.
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by degoat: 2:59pm On Jun 12, 2007
mamajama, if you don't believe me, you can go ahead and test me.
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by degoat: 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2007
Very good!

I got you thinking. Please don't hurt youself.
Just bring on the test if you don't believe me.
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by Mamajama(m): 3:05pm On Jun 12, 2007
degoat
ha hah a you are one funny comedian. Ill let you belive what you want. let me ask you pne question? what was the 1st job the IG had out of college? what state?
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by Mamajama(m): 3:10pm On Jun 12, 2007
ha ha ha , GOT YOU, and you can't find that answer on google.

Ill leave you alone to make your own assumption on the matter, you are entitle to your opinion, we all are. but my point is the press where out to tarnish this man IMAGE, and that is not right, if he is involved , then let him face the books. but i am 99.5 percent sure he is too smart of a man to be involved. TAFA went down and everyone said Ehindero must be part of the mess, now here we are again.

the questions is how can Ehindero ask OBANIYI to bring the money when he already handed over to OKIRO?
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by degoat: 3:19pm On Jun 12, 2007
First, mamajama you're a lousy clown.
I must admit something, may be this will wake you up: You look just like your mum and you and IG have nothing in common.
Should I continue?
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by angel101(f): 3:20pm On Jun 12, 2007
Mamajama:

angel101 stop putting words in my mouth.  I know this man, its not about salary in Nigeria.  the man has been writing books for the police force since 1990 when he launched his 1st book POLICE AND THE LAW.  look it up.  on average it cost a publisher 200 naira to print a copy.  the books are sold at 2000 naira.  do the math.  and not to only say his brother has a printing press in JOS that was opened by their grand father in the 60s.  I know TAFA as well, he is not a bad man, but he did bad things and set his own down fall.  I am still friends with Tafas children, do you think they are here in the state suffering?  go figure

don't even go there. this line of argument will take to long to pursue but let me just ask u has this 'police and the law' been selling for 2000 since 1990 and what is the volume that has been sold from the day 1 till date? I'll tell u 1 more thing. my mum writes books too so i might know a bit about the price of publishing and all the gimmicks!

i don't think Tafa's children are suffering, afterall Abacha's are not!

Mamajama:

you talking about salary.  Come to OKLAHOMA state university and see how many senators or major general kids are here.  you will think you are in a small town in Lagos.  what is their salary?

I talk about salary not because i think rogues live on their salaries, but because legitimate earnings is what i and any right thinking individual will be ready to judge people's spending on.

Mamajama:

Corruption is an epidemic in Nigeria and you have to filter and kill all people over the age of 25 to start a new generation.  its in our blood, we are born to learn how to survive at all cost.  integrity and dignity is out the window when it comes to money.

And this makes it right? why am i not supprised
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by degoat: 3:21pm On Jun 12, 2007
Infact, just last week, IG and his wife met with someone very close to me, .

Should I continue?
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by Mamajama(m): 3:22pm On Jun 12, 2007
degoat
degoat:

First, mamajama you're a lousy clown.
I must admit something, may be this will wake you up: You look just like your mum and you and IG have nothing in common.
Should I continue?

was all this insult called for?  you claimed to know the IGP more than I do, and I gave you a test, a typical boy mentality,  I will not retaliate in calling you names, that just shows how classy ONE BAD MAMAJAMA IS.  ill be ignoring you from now on
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by degoat: 3:26pm On Jun 12, 2007
You, ignoring me? I don't think so.

You can not help yourself just like ***************************** It is in your DNA
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by Mamajama(m): 3:29pm On Jun 12, 2007
degoat:

Infact, just last week, IG and his wife met with someone very close to me, .

Should I continue?

does that mean you know the IG? NO
if I can tell you probably one of the people on the outside waiting to get that 200 Naira he generously gives to low life like you. dude get a life and get laid

Im don trying to educate you. you can't teach an old dog a new tricks
Re: Efcc Not To Investigate Ehindero's Corruption Allegation by degoat: 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2007
lol

I told you that your can never ignore me, it is in your DNA.
You can't help yourself just like*****************************************************

(1) (Reply)

Fayose On Stv / I Am Not Resigning! - Maurice Iwu / Nepa Goes On Strike: Who Cares!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.