Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,734 members, 7,806,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG (18644 Views)

House Of Reps Summons CBN, NNPC, Others / Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells / Proof Of N450M Given To Keyamo By NNPC To Be Published By Us - Leadersng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by martineverest(m): 9:23pm On May 18, 2020
Kobicove:
Opportunity to steal money has landed for some people cheesy
as if u won't steal if u were in charge
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by xandy84: 9:23pm On May 18, 2020
I know cos I am not in Nigeria and I pay rent, gas, insurance etc. Government coming to rescue if Nigeria in diaspora is the minimum.

martineverest:
if u know how stranded Nigerians in diaspora are u won't be saying this..average accommodation per month in western world is about 200k to 1million,then food and other bills

government have to come for their rescue
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by Osidazz19: 9:25pm On May 18, 2020
stagger:

Well, there is rumoured information (which I cannot confirm...it may be false) floating that these people were charged N700,000 for the flight and an extra 297,000 for accommodation and feeding. A scandal was brewing and that is probably why they have hurriedly cooked up this new arrangement.

Well what really happened is this.
The first set of people came back from UK (I have a family member on the flight). The govt charged them 425 pounds. They then put them up in nice hotel in Abuja. After doing the same for another set of people I think from the US, they quickly realized that the govt can't afford to keep doing this for all the expected 4000 people they were expecting. That's when the proposed to charge them for hotel and feeding. Then people started to complain hence the new step.
Bad policy idea from scratch. Should have tested them and let them go to self isolate if negative. Then you keep the positive ones in isolation centers.

1 Like

Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:30pm On May 18, 2020
Is there no section set aside for this kind of cases....
Minister of Humanitarian and Disaster should handle this issue and not a Collabo like there is specific office for this case....
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by mechanics(m): 9:32pm On May 18, 2020
Nice one.
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by Modikko(m): 9:40pm On May 18, 2020
Ok.
Osidazz19:

They should have never proposed to housed them once they get back here. Fly them in, test them and if negative - bye go home.
If positive then isolate them int the isolation centers. End of story. This is a complete waste of scare resources.
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by Olude193: 9:46pm On May 18, 2020
Loool

Abacha money has been looted

Forget it .

Nigerians are just dubious
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by Beautyaddy: 10:35pm On May 18, 2020
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/cbn-nnpc-to-fund-returnees-accommodation-feeding-fg/

Very Confused and Chronic Corrupt Government...shior!!! angry

1 Like

Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by nerorex01: 10:54pm On May 18, 2020
Ghost list of returnees will be on the increase as the charges skyrockets for corruption to thrive beautiful grin

Naija my kwantry , I dey hail o grin grin
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by Wiseoldman: 11:05pm On May 18, 2020
GavelSlam:

It's not everything you must complain about.

There are issues you see and you just move along.

Just because the idea isn't one you might have taken doesn't make it wrong.

Majority of the so-called returnees repatriate billions of dollars annually into the Nigerian economy.

1 billion Naira in a thousand years is not too much to spend on them.

Not majority but 100% of US citizens pay tax to the US government wherever in the world they work, yet US still charged them top dollar for plane tickets.
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by lilyheaven: 11:15pm On May 18, 2020
simigold:
But they can't fund palliative for Nigerians who have remained in Nigeria thru thick and thin.
Imagine o, CBN and NNPC didn't think of a way out for us here in Nigeria, they just locked us up like prisoners, but they have money for people coming from abroad. Eye service things.
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by RexTramadol1: 11:28pm On May 18, 2020
I don't like this type of stories

Some of these guys left the country for where they think is better than this country

They wanted greener pastures

U can't use the tax of those who stayed put to endure to feed those who ran away to seek greener pastures

If they ran away before, they will run away again.
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by Dollabiz: 11:42pm On May 18, 2020
Oh
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by Nobody: 12:02am On May 19, 2020
Osidazz19:

The first set of people came back from UK (I have a family member on the flight). The govt charged them 425 pounds. They then put them up in nice hotel in Abuja. After doing the same for another set of people I think from the US, they quickly realized that the govt can't afford to keep doing this for all the expected 4000 people they were expecting. That's when the proposed to charge them for hotel and feeding. Then people started to complain hence the new step.
Bad policy idea from scratch. Should have tested them and let them go to self isolate if negative. Then you keep the positive ones in isolation centers.
Bro i thought someone has already explained to you. No need dey drag this simple health matter.

Firstly, as safety measure all returnees must undergo compulsory 2weeks quarantine where they are to be tested twice- at the beginning an after two weeks. Upon two negative results they can go home

Most states & countries follow this safety procedure. Turkey is presently accomadating thousands of returnees in Ankara & Istanbul.

Secondly, when it comes to health, no money is too small to spend for a responsible govt to take care of her citizens. Govts all over are doling out billions & trillions of dollars to fight this pandemic.
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by Nobody: 12:05am On May 19, 2020
RexTramadol1:
I don't like this type of stories

These guys left the country for where they think is better than this country

They wanted greener pastures

U can't use the tax of those who stayed put to endure to feed those who ran away to seek greener pastures

If they ran away before, they will run away again.

Don't just generalise. Most of these evacuees are students, traders and business men. I know someone who's presently stuck in the UK, he went on brief business trip but got caught down.
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by stagger: 12:14am On May 19, 2020
Osidazz19:

Thanks for clarifying.
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by Jess29: 12:21am On May 19, 2020
Common the so called palliative them no fit give now is to feed the returnees, make hunger no kill them ooo. Another avenue of looting money. I pray that from today all of them will have licking pocket
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by frog12: 12:24am On May 19, 2020
nnpc and cbn have no right to give Nigeria money as they like. these people and their money game wey no end. wetin the president dey say on this ?
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by Ambber(f): 1:20am On May 19, 2020
xdunamis:
The federal government is always broke.

Minister of foreign affairs + GMD of NNPC + Governor of CBN. Collaboration of 3 looters.

Over a billion naira to isolate and feed returnees that will not be up to 1000 in number?
Then you will isolate and abandon them in freely donated facilities for 14 days. Clowns.
which America? They charged for flight and you are required to self quarantine in your home and feed yourself. You can’t trust Nigerians with self quarantine as flouting rules is the order of the day
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by nemynely(m): 1:30am On May 19, 2020
Racoon:
CBN + NNPC collabo-are they charity organisations? Humn! They must just find a way to loot.You go hear billions spent later.Cant the COVID19 donations be used?

Covid-19 donations checklist of donors went up in flames just before Kyari kicked the bucket.
Guess he took a substantial amount of the money with him to the other side as a potential benevolent ancestor. Boy, you can never tell
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by Temptee101(m): 1:51am On May 19, 2020
Do NNPC and CBN have the sole right to allocate, spend and dash money out as they deem fit without approval?

Which law backs them up?
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by Billygee2u: 2:18am On May 19, 2020
Racoon:
CBN + NNPC collabo-are they charity organisations? Humn! They must just find a way to loot.You go hear billions spent later.Cant the COVID19 donations be used?
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by Nobody: 3:41am On May 19, 2020
helinues:
Not a bad idea
Did you believe this man? Government that controls NNPC and CBN doesn't have money but miraclously NNPC and CBN have.
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by Nobody: 3:44am On May 19, 2020
stagger:

Thanks for clarifying.
No clarification there. Nigerian govt officials can't just do that like that. They must have cuts from the hotels or they own them.
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by pacificom: 4:34am On May 19, 2020
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/cbn-nnpc-to-fund-returnees-accommodation-feeding-fg/

When government make home to be attractive with opportunities for young citizens to stay and establish a future, that is the day Nigerians will stop making desperate journey accross the border and there will be no need for such expenses to pay for any returnee.
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by sulaak(m): 7:12am On May 19, 2020
xdunamis:
The federal government is always broke.

Minister of foreign affairs + GMD of NNPC + Governor of CBN. Collaboration of 3 looters.

Over a billion naira to isolate and feed returnees that will not be up to 1000 in number?
Then you will isolate and abandon them in freely donated facilities for 14 days. Clowns.

Add the AG and minister of justice to that list (Malami)
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by amakadlite(f): 8:44am On May 19, 2020
ordinary citizens that are dying due to hunger they couldn't pay a dim to feed. now these well to do abroad base people that can feed themselves the government is rushing to accommodate and feed.
enriching the rich and impoverishing the poor.
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by oruma19: 9:13am On May 19, 2020
Funding returnees and refusing to fund poor Nigerians that have remained in the country and added value to the system. It will never be well with Nigeria.
Re: CBN, NNPC To Fund Returnees’ Accommodation, Feeding – FG by Nelson7864: 9:45am On May 19, 2020
Fraud in the highest order are they not nigerians? Wia is there family house before de travel out. Another area to loot public fund.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

‘n130b Loot’: Govt May Release More Evidence Against Jonathan / APC Settles For Indirect Primary In Ondo / We Want Christian Court — Bauchi CAN Tells Constitution Review Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.