Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog (6265 Views)

What Breed Of Dog Is This Dog? (Photos) / Help! See The Funny State Of My Dog's Ear (photos) / What Breed Of Dog Is This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by Solop5: 9:37pm On May 18, 2020
I bought the dog last week. Rock is 9weeks. I want to know the breed of this dog, though the breeder told me the father is Caucasian male while I saw the mother and is Alsatian. Nairalanders help me becos, am new in this. This is actually my first puppy. I also want to know the right foods to give the dog so it can grow well and healthy.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by Staphylococcus: 9:48pm On May 18, 2020
Lekki shepherd

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by temblor1(m): 9:51pm On May 18, 2020
This wan na Southwest model of ekuke.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by decatalyst(m): 9:52pm On May 18, 2020
Staphylococcus:
Lekki shepherd

I was actually thinking it is Isheri Shepard oo grin

@ishilove coman see something grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by Solop5: 9:52pm On May 18, 2020
Staphylococcus:
Lekki shepherd

What do you mean by lekki shepherd.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by Solop5: 9:55pm On May 18, 2020
temblor1:
This wan na Southwest model of ekuke.

I don't wanna reply to your chat.. Have you own a Dog before. Just keep following this thread, You will see what my Dog will look like when it grows.. It will shock u. The father is pure breed Caucasian and mother pure breed Alsatian.. Thanks
Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by Solop5: 9:59pm On May 18, 2020
decatalyst:

I was actually thinking it is Isheri Shepard oo grin

@ishilove coman see something grin
undecided shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by temblor1(m): 10:01pm On May 18, 2020
Solop5:

I don't wanna reply to your chat.. Have you own a Dog before. Just keep following this thread, You will see what my Dog will look like when it grows.. It will shock u. The father is pure breed Caucasian and mother pure breed Alsatian.. Thanks
Lost my dog in 2015. Mikkey was 23 years old cry
Believe me na ekuke mix no be pure breed. Checkout the paws and ears carefully.
Ille-ife ekuke na em you carry lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by Solop5: 10:07pm On May 18, 2020
temblor1:

Lost my dog in 2015. Mikkey was 23 years old cry
Believe me na ekuke mix no be pure breed. Checkout the paws and ears carefully.
Ille-ife ekuke na em you carry lipsrsealed

No problem. Thanks.
Let's just watch the dog as it grows.
Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by temblor1(m): 10:17pm On May 18, 2020
Solop5:

No problem. Thanks.
Let's just watch the dog as it grows.
Not in do d dog na. E go grow reach old age. Just make sure you chain am regularly during d day, make e no follow others dey cop shit wink

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 18, 2020
I have been reading lots of thread about mix dog and i think pple on this platform like to repeat Sam thing over and over ... They don't even know what a mix actually means ... If you love your dog don't listen to comments , just ward of the evil by remaining silent ....
There are dog breeds that have a huge resemblance to Nigerian breeds when they are still at puppy level but take of the dog when he gets older you will get what breed he is ... And I've also learnt there lots of ways to determine your dog breed aside from posting him here . pple here don't really know or don't care about other breeds of dog if it isnt a GSD or rottweiler or BB or bull .. Some don't even know there are lots shepherd and bull breeds .. Like some fool was calling a white shepherd an ekuke just coz he has never heard of the breed ....

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by Solop5: 10:39pm On May 18, 2020
mayorkun101:
I have been reading lots of thread about mix dog and i think pple on this platform like to repeat Sam thing over and over ... They don't even know what a mix actually means ... If you love your dog don't listen to comments , just ward of the evil by remaining silent ....
There are dog breeds that have a huge resemblance to Nigerian breeds when they are still at puppy level but take of the dog when he gets older you will get what breed he is ... And I've also learnt there lots of ways to determine your dog breed aside from posting him here . pple here don't really know or don't care about other breeds of dog if it isnt a GSD or rottweiler or BB or bull .. Some don't even know there are lots shepherd and bull breeds .. Like some fool was calling a white shepherd an ekuke just coz he has never heard of the breed ....

Thanks bro. Don't mind people that know nothing about Dogs but still claim to Know. I will post this dog picture when he is just 6months. So that I can prove that dude wrong.
Thanks once again ........
Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by temblor1(m): 10:45pm On May 18, 2020
Solop5:

Thanks bro. Don't mind people that know nothing about Dogs but still claim to Know. I will post this dog picture when he is just 6months. So that I can prove that dude wrong.
Abeg no go steal person dog pic come post am in six months oooo... tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by Gabrokpara001(m): 6:48am On May 19, 2020
Solop5:
I bought the dog last week. Rock is 9weeks. I want to know the breed of this dog, though the breeder told me the father is Caucasian male while I saw the mother and is Alsatian. Nairalanders help me becos, am new in this. This is actually my first puppy. I also want to know the right foods to give the dog so it can grow well and healthy.
Thanks

From all indications your dog is a Caucasian x gsd mix lovely breed. Dont ever mind all the above negative comments just ignore them totally. The pup is still 9 weeks start by making sure it get its complete 3-shot vaccination, buy deworming tablet and deworm every 2weeks if you wont it to grow well...buy

Diamond/fidog/bingo or a good dry puppy food (4kg)
Milk
Custard
A crate of egg
Buy feeding bottle

Now mix all this way

Boil hot water and pour into the dry dog food it ll soak and become soft use spoon to mash it till it becomes mashy

Make custard ( a little watery) add milk and raw egg mix it all

Scoop the mash dry dog food and fill half of the feediy bottle with it, fill the remaining half with the custard milk egg mixture, shake for them to mix then give to you pup atleast 4 times a day.

In no time you ll see growth

*Pssst all i mentioned is actually economic and ll last up to month if used well

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by Solop5: 8:22am On May 19, 2020
Gabrokpara001:

From all indications your dog is a Caucasian x gsd mix lovely breed. Dont ever mind all the above negative comments just ignore them totally. The pup is still 9 weeks start by making sure it get its complete 3-shot vaccination, buy deworming tablet and deworm every 2weeks if you wont it to grow well...buy

Diamond/fidog/bingo or a good dry puppy food (4kg)
Milk
Custard
A crate of egg
Buy feeding bottle

Now mix all this way

Boil hot water and pour into the dry dog food it ll soak and become soft use spoon to mash it till it becomes mashy

Make custard ( a little watery) add milk and raw egg mix it all

Scoop the mash dry dog food and fill half of the feediy bottle with it, fill the remaining half with the custard milk egg mixture, shake for them to mix then give to you pup atleast 4 times a day.

In no time you ll see growth

*Pssst all i mentioned is actually economic and ll last up to month if used well

I really appreciate. Though I have dewormed the puppy and is remaining vaccination which my VET will come and give him today.. But bro I wanna ask, my vex said I shouldn't give the puppy raw egg. Is not good for the health. So I want to really know the reasons. Thanks
Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by KingAfo(m): 8:28am On May 19, 2020
If you hate criticism them don’t ask people for advice. Did you tell anybody before buying the dog? Why come here now to ask for impossible replies.
Solop5:

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by Gabrokpara001(m): 8:39am On May 19, 2020
Solop5:

I really appreciate. Though I have dewormed the puppy and is remaining vaccination which my VET will come and give him today.. But bro I wanna ask, my vex said I shouldn't give the puppy raw egg. Is not good for the health. So I want to really know the reasons. Thanks

Your vet said so because of a bacterial found in some eggs ( not all eggs ) , the possibility of the presence of the bacteria is eliminated when your pour the egg and stir in the hot custard ( the temperature of the custard is too hot for it to survive)...but again not all eggs have this bacteria so raw egg is very good for dogs

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by Solop5: 9:02am On May 19, 2020
Gabrokpara001:

Your vet said so because of a bacterial found in some eggs ( not all eggs ) , the possibility of the presence of the bacteria is eliminated when your pour the egg and stir in the hot custard ( the temperature of the custard is too hot for it to survive)...but again not all eggs have this bacteria so raw egg is very good for dogs

Thanks bro. You are a Good. Will keep updating as Rock grows.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by Solop5: 9:32am On May 31, 2020
Rock at 11weeks, hope the puppy is growing well. I feed the dog with JoJo can food, egg, milk, diamond dry food, liver and intestine from chicken. Rate it's growth nairalanders.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by Nicklaus619(m): 10:56am On May 31, 2020
Solop5:
Rock at 11weeks, hope the puppy is growing well. I feed the dog with JoJo can food, egg, milk, diamond dry food, liver and intestine from chicken. Rate it's growth nairalanders.

Nice one but take is easy with the food, it will become too fat and lazy if you don't and u wouldn't like that, make sure you add a lot of protein to his diet

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by Solop5: 8:59pm On May 31, 2020
Thanks..
But what do you want me to be giving the puppy. Because I only feed he 3times daily. Though sometimes 2times if I don't come back for lunch.
Nicklaus619:

Nice one but take is easy with the food, it will become too fat and lazy if you don't and u wouldn't like that, make sure you add a lot of protein to his diet
Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by cjfbn: 10:40pm On May 31, 2020
This is a caucasian.
I had it once. That's the hair.
Nice dog

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by Solop5: 10:34pm On Jun 01, 2020
Thanks. But how can I know is Caucasian. Because the mother is Alsatian while the father is Caucasian.
cjfbn:
This is a caucasian.
I had it once. That's the hair.
Nice dog
Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by Darejoe60: 5:22pm On Jun 02, 2020
Staphylococcus:
Lekki shepherd

Nairalanders eehn��
Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by Solop5: 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2020
Rock at 14weeks. Though the dog haven't started barking at strangers. Nairalander what is actually the problem. It only barks if you chain him though not all the time. Hope there is no problem with the puppy.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by NAijaNAzi(m): 3:21am On Jun 21, 2020
Solop5:
Rock at 14weeks. Though the dog haven't started barking at strangers. Nairalander what is actually the problem. It only barks if you chain him though not all the time. Hope there is no problem with the puppy.

maybe it's because it comes in contact with people too much. my late dog had the same problem
try keeping him away from new faces only the necessary people like you and your family members should be around him
Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by Solop5: 1:08pm On Jun 21, 2020
Alright bro. Thanks
NAijaNAzi:

maybe it's because it comes in contact with people too much. my late dog had the same problem
try keeping him away from new faces only the necessary people like you and your family members should be around him
Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by Solop5: 1:42pm On Jul 12, 2020
At 17 weeks. Rate my puppy. I am happy is growing so fast. Growing in a good health. I love this dog so much..... The puppy have so much features from the Father ( Caucasian)...

Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by Deejay777(m): 2:13pm On Jul 12, 2020
Solop5:
Thanks
I personally think the breeder is right, it does look like a Caucasian x GSD mix. It looks cute but shy though in this picture. Maybe it hasn't gotten used to d new environment sha
Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by PAQ(m): 7:58pm On Jul 12, 2020
You should have cropped the ears. Its what i call confused ears because, Caucasians have flappy ears while GSD have standing ears.
Re: What Is The Right Breed Of My Dog by Solop5: 8:06pm On Jul 12, 2020
PAQ:
You should have cropped the ears. Its what i call confused ears because, Caucasians have flappy ears while GSD have standing ears.

So what is the base of what you are trying to say shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? / Cute Baby Animals / Early Signs Of Pregnancy In Dogs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.