Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,413 members, 7,800,858 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy (84462 Views)

The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman / 12 Contrasting attitudes Many Nigerian Men Exhibit In Marriage.Right or Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Angelacruz: 5:26pm On May 19, 2020
Okayy
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by dazzlingd(m): 6:21pm On May 19, 2020
pDudd:

That's right bro. You ain't lying.

All women bring to the table these days is an expired pussy or a kid or kids from her baby daddy. They are broke, lack zero skills, and from poor semovita backgrounds.

If she isn't Beyonce or Rihanna that can add value to my life, then let her carry her expired kpekus and baggage and commot from my front. Empty barrels.

Man must wise now. Days of dulling are over.

Boss, the pressure is much, parents, family etc mounting pressure for one to marry.....
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Osobi32(m): 8:45pm On May 19, 2020
Davash222:
That's not the biggest mistake..

The biggest mistake is to marry a Nigerian girl.
my guy not all Nigerian ladies are money conscious though 99.9% of them are everything a man should run away from

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by blinking001(m): 8:46pm On May 19, 2020
Davash222:

I concur
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Osobi32(m): 9:10pm On May 19, 2020
Naija246:
the biggest mistake in my opinion is to even consider marriage grin

Guys should know that you will enjoy your life far better when you are single than when married.
Being single affords you the luxury of:
-developing new skills
-saving a chunk of what you earn
-it affords you the opportunity to travel more.
-you will age slower(due to less stress)
Etc
The benefits of single life for a man far outweighs the pros of being married.
We men are doing Women a huge favor by marrying them. grin

guys, don't let any lady sell you the idea that marriage benefits you.. it's a scam!!
Marriage benefits Women not men!!
Hoard your ring!! cheesy
u are my guy grin

4 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Osobi32(m): 9:12pm On May 19, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:
Studies show married men are happier and live longer than their single/divorced/widowed counterparts. Single/Widowed/Divorced men are more depressed and suicidal than their married counterparts.

On the other hand, studies show that Single women live longer than their married counterparts, they also retain their figures and beauty longer than their married counterparts.

These studies show that the main benefactors of marriage is the Men. Make of that what you want!!!
for ur mind abi undecided

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Osobi32(m): 9:17pm On May 19, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:

Because of societal pressures sir. If you leave women alone, I am sure they will be happy to maintain their singlehood status.
pls let all the singles both men and women maintain their status, make everyone carry their cross abeg

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Osobi32(m): 9:23pm On May 19, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:
Hey, I showed you the science, you decide what you want to do with your lives. It's a free universe.

But believe me you, there is nothing sadder than a man who is 50something running around and sleeping with everything that moves. He thinks these pretty young girls love him, but he doesn't know they are in it for his wallet. It's a sad life.
what's ur point now grin, u want us to marry abi. Na lie we no gree ooooo grin

8 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Rickmann: 10:50pm On May 19, 2020
Obierika:
As a single guy in Nigeria who is about to select a wife the biggest mistake you could possibly make right now is to marry a lady who is either not working or is not earning any sort of income.

Do not ignore this warning if you plan to get married soon!

Very true

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by ellapius(f): 1:09am On May 20, 2020
Edavi234:
You must be a lover of big gbola..

Money - good
Big gbola - good -- else girls like you would still end up with his gate man.

kiss
taaah who told u all these lies
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by ellapius(f): 1:10am On May 20, 2020
Oluromantic:

It's not a counter argument case. Make yourself attractable enough for marriage. This counter thought reduces ur attractiveness o
grin see as he is talking like a lecturer .. as if his son will marry me

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by ellapius(f): 1:11am On May 20, 2020
Helios85447:
lol ur dp said it all .....lol
funny enuf guys like dat on my dp have it small. so no.much talk plss
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by ellapius(f): 1:13am On May 20, 2020
Nnaabros:

How can YOU possibly marry him when he's not ready to marry you? undecided
many f.ck boys like that are everywhere. parading as husband
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by emmaodet: 1:18am On May 20, 2020
ellapius:
the biggest mistake for a Nigerian girl is to marry a guy who is not ready to marry. a Bleep boy. a jobless Bleep boy who believes his big gbola is his selling point

cheesy grin

Sadly, most ladies realise this when they are either in their late 20s or after crossing over the wall to 30s
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by emmaodet: 1:30am On May 20, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:
Studies show married men are happier and live longer than their single/divorced/widowed counterparts. Single/Widowed/Divorced men are more depressed and suicidal than their married counterparts.

On the other hand, studies show that Single women live longer than their married counterparts, they also retain their figures and beauty longer than their married counterparts.

These studies show that the main benefactors of marriage is the Men. Make of that what you want!!!

I don't think so though it is my opinion.
If men and women are to stay alone, believe me on average it benefits men more.
The fraction of women you see happy being single will be far lower to the high numbers of ladies that will be depressed because most won't be able to compete in the fierce jungle of men's world for resources.
There will be higher population of women who will struggle and be poor barring government interventions, programs and empowerment for women than men.
Forget the few or fraction of women at the top as a yardstick.
Also, how will single men feel more depressed when they can save more, travel more with no more stresses and baggages women bring along.

16 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by emmaodet: 1:36am On May 20, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:

Married men and mortality
A major survey of 127,545 American adults found that married men are healthier than men who were never married or whose marriages ended in divorce or widowhood. Men who have marital partners also live longer than men without spouses; men who marry after age 25 get more protection than those who tie the knot at a younger age, and the longer a man stays married, the greater his survival advantage over his unmarried peers. But is marriage itself responsible for better health and longer life?

Although it's hard to be sure, marriage seems to deserve at least part of the credit. Some have argued that self-selection would skew the results if healthy men are more likely to marry than men with health problems. But research shows the reverse is true: unhealthy men actually marry earlier, are less likely to divorce, and are more likely to remarry following divorce or bereavement than healthy men.

Another potential factor is loneliness; is the institution of marriage linked to better health, or is it simply a question of living with another person? Although studies vary, the answer seems to be a little of both. People living with unmarried partners tend to fare better than those living alone, but men living with their wives have the best health of all.

Numerous studies conducted over the past 150 years suggest that marriage is good for health. More recently, scientists have begun to understand why married men enjoy better health than their single, divorced, and widowed peers. But before we turn to the why, let's look at how marriage affects specific diseases, including America's leading killers, cardiovascular disease and cancer.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/mens-health/marriage-and-mens-health

This is a research carried out in US, so what do you expect?
Why won't men who divorced die earlier when they split their properties 50/50 and keep paying child care on monthly basis and many more.
For a continent like africa, men will live longer

20 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Edavi234: 1:41am On May 20, 2020
You did shocked

ellapius:
taaah who told u all these lies
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by emmaodet: 1:43am On May 20, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:

Because of societal pressures sir. If you leave women alone, I am sure they will be happy to maintain their singlehood status.

There will always be pressure in life so anybody that wants to stay single should deal with that.
Men are also feeling the pressures.
Also, what is a Life without Pressure?
If you don't like pressure, better come as animal like chicken or goat or rabbits etc They don't think, worry or care so no pressure.
Everything you see today and enjoy is as a result of pressure from pressure to -
Study hard and have good grades in school in other not to fail yourself, family and sometimes community.
Pressure to meet company's target or you get sacked or replaced.
Pressure in football to win the league or cup
Pressure on politicians to deliver good dividends of democracy etc
Pressure to meet up with Colleagues - buy car, build a house, marry, have babies etc
And the list is sooooooooo long in our everyday activities else you can't be a human.
Even those abroad, pressure to save good money and invest home on properties so that their stay over there won't look like waste

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by emmaodet: 1:49am On May 20, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:
Hey, I showed you the science, you decide what you want to do with your lives. It's a free universe.

But believe me you, there is nothing sadder than a man who is 50something running around and sleeping with everything that moves. He thinks these pretty young girls love him, but he doesn't know they are in it for his wallet. It's a sad life.

Who doesn't know that most women are in for the money. Any man that doesn't know that in this age is a big phooool.
Whether you are young or old, most women are in for the money vis a vis comfort

15 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by emmaodet: 1:58am On May 20, 2020
luvlyADESUWA:

My brother, you might be typing this out of frustration, but i tell you "it's very good to marry, it sweeter when u marry a good woman" It is BEST when both of you are working and contributing to the home.

The end shall tell, old age is NOT what any man prays to live without a wife by his side...
#fact

Oooohhhhhh sis please don't threaten us with old age.
How many people are even sure of their old age?
How many people will get to their old age with their wife? Probably wife dies before him.
Moreover, how many people presently are even sure of seeing the next 10 - world cup, elections, Olympics etc? 10 of those is 40years from now and i will probably be in my mid 70s by then.
Barring any unforseen circumstances, how many nairalanders/nigerians will see the completion of tenure of 5 more nigerian presidents after buhari? provided each president do 2 tenures of 8 years totalling 40 years.
Just imagine after Buhari, you may likely not see the next 5 presidents before clocking 70 by which more than 50% of your mates are dead if not more.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by DreManuel(m): 3:14am On May 20, 2020
Weebo:

Feminist propaganda bullshit! Also in the stats, they often classed divorced and widowed men as “single men”(Clearly men who chose to be single and men who are single by circumstances will never have the same outcome. it is obvious the data is skewed).

There was an article that said woman and nagging causes strokes in men and heart attacks. Guys end up having strokes because of a nagging entitled wife. Also married men are more likely to eat unhealthy, drink more hard liquor(alchohol) , have less time to relax and put less time in the gym, clearly not healthy choices…

Now I am single and I have a routine to go to the gym, eat healthy, do what I want to do with my free time and spend my money where I want to spend it.

The research you sourced can be easily skewed to get the result they want.

And even if it were true, SINGLE MEN DIE HAPPIER!
I´d rather die with my bros than live with a hoe anyday lol.

You’re a thinking man.

14 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Starz825(m): 3:24am On May 20, 2020
ellapius:
the biggest mistake for a Nigerian girl is to marry a guy who is not ready to marry. a Bleep boy. a jobless Bleep boy who believes his big gbola is his selling point
There is this feeling that u have once enjoyed this big gbola before or you are currently enjoying it.

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Alwaysachick: 3:28am On May 20, 2020
Nnaabros:

Not true. Most women feel miserable, lonely and incomplete without a husband, crying 'God when' everywhere.

They see marriage as a bed of roses, because they have no wedding and marriage bills and expenses to worry about.

Most men just want to live a free fun life without the burdens of marriage. Even many married men still have extramarital adventures.

I think the only thing a single lady will miss is sex on demand without neigbours poking their noses forget the rest, every other worry is just caused by social pressures.
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by heniford2: 3:40am On May 20, 2020
luvlyADESUWA:

My brother, you might be typing this out of frustration, but i tell you "it's very good to marry, it sweeter when u marry a good woman" It is BEST when both of you are working and contributing to the home.

The end shall tell, *old age is NOT what any man prays to live without a wife by his side*...
#fact
what are you even saying madam old what
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Austeeenxx: 6:50am On May 20, 2020
Man, there are quite a number of frustrated guys on nairaland.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Oluromantic: 7:03am On May 20, 2020
ellapius:
grin see as he is talking like a lecturer .. as if his son will marry me
See you. Its a truth you will realize as u mature up. Wetin concern my son with ur matter
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by MajorOvakporaye(f): 7:34am On May 20, 2020
Davash222:

shataaap!

3 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Nonsoboy4life(m): 8:15am On May 20, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:

Concocted studies from your head, lmao cheesy grin.. quote the study and not some abstract thoughts
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Nonsoboy4life(m): 8:20am On May 20, 2020
Helios85447:
would rather go and marry a Northern virgin lady ......preferable Fulani better still make she no even get work self or wise at all that will be much better.... do mistake go marry otherwise lol sorry is ur name...some working ladies self are just worst dey can bleep their boss or one fine work co- worker behind ur back...northern ladies anytime any day
Same northern ladies my guys are bleeping left, right and centre.. talk something else oga

5 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by IhateThemMods: 8:57am On May 20, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:

Every woman both young and old are in it for the money. So I don't see why a man in his 50s shouldn't be sleeping with anything that wears skirt. Romantic love have never existed.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by freethinker01: 10:41am On May 20, 2020
This thread speaks volume how badly the ladies want marriage and how they are vehemently against guys not getting married.
One even pulled some stupid research out of her ass just to fight tooth and nail against it.
This is not a hearsay nor just one thought up bs, men virtually have nothing to gain getting married except working his ass off to pay bills of your wife and kids, unhealthy eating, drinking and putting on masses.
My dad died doing all these and it will be very foolish of me to continue the trend.
Like a brother said the other time, I'd rather die a happy single man than to die miserably married.

34 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Helios85447(m): 11:25am On May 20, 2020
Nonsoboy4life:

Same northern ladies my guys are bleeping left, right and centre.. talk something else oga
lol maybe na the ones your guy met in the university or kano,Kaduna northern hoes go to sokoto, katsina or better still go and look for real Fulani tell me if you guy would even see the colour of her pant .....I stay in the north most of my life bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? / Wife Ties Up Her Husband In Calabar, Attempts To Suffocate Him On Women’s Day / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.