Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,597 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly (38954 Views)

Imota Rice Mill Nears Completion, Set To Be The Third Largest In The World / Imota Rice Mill: Lagos To Train And Empower Farmers In Rice Production / Abisola Olusanya Inspects Imota Rice Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by HonourableUche(m): 10:44am On May 19, 2020
Highly commendable

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by Nobody: 10:45am On May 19, 2020
This is good!
Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by princeSammyz: 10:45am On May 19, 2020
Capable of processing you meant to say. If production on farming side is low, the plant will still have limited impact
Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by surgical: 10:45am On May 19, 2020
nehis234:
I have been thinking to use the 4M I was planning to use to Jakpa from the zoo, to open a bakery.

Guys do you think it is a wise idea??

I like bread, can bake one, and don't mind calling a bakery my office.

PS: I have a B.Eng in Mech Engineering

Except you have a busy area where you sell directly to the customers otherwise no show,the competition is stiff
Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by Tomide007: 10:45am On May 19, 2020
Aderewah:
Lol. A single factory like this is bigger than hundred thousand fake product manufacturing shops.

Ibadan has brown roofs because it's houses at least 50 year olds. Children of owners won't sell because of legacy. Some people will compare with their cities with houses built five years ago.
No mind them...I can name the spots in Ibadan where we have brown roofs, and those are the villages in Ibadan....some of those building are a hundred years old.
Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by DuBLINGreenb(m): 10:48am On May 19, 2020
Finally I'm back from my ban
Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by yumu: 10:48am On May 19, 2020
Good one. God help you in Jesus name
Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by Empredboy(m): 10:48am On May 19, 2020
aydought:
Good development, it will create employment opportunities and take some people out of job market. Imagine the families that will benefit from those to be employed to work at the factory. Anyway, if our government can quickly solve the electricity problem, then Nigeria will finally be on the right track.
you read too much economics book but unfortunately it doesn't work in Nigeria. How many business have Nigerian govt managed for a long time that employes people?

1 Like

Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by Toeyean1507(f): 10:49am On May 19, 2020
LuciferInSiege:
Yearly

Political statement

Reminds me of Ogun fake rice pyramids

Rice pyramid with 96% bags of sand
This is real sir.
I stay in that town
Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by Nobody: 10:49am On May 19, 2020
Anybody that want to go into POS business should let me know by calling or WhatsApp 09070314423
Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by Nobody: 10:51am On May 19, 2020
All These rice mills everywhere yet the price of rice remains very high. How have they helped?

Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by farem: 10:51am On May 19, 2020
Lanrelagboi:
Progress report at the Lagos State Imota Rice Mill that will produce 2.4 million bags of 50kg rice yearly. Farmers in Epe will supply the factory, along with rice paddy from Kebbi. Production is expected to begin before the year ends. Sanwo-Olu ��.

https://twitter.com/OvieAli/status/1262393707636166658?s=19
L

Ambode will never be forgotten for this
Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by Fragility6: 10:52am On May 19, 2020
HeadShot:

That's to show you the audio achievements of these politicians
Diz one no b politicians problem na jst greed on the part of Nigeria farmers. How u go sell locally made rice 25-30 n foreign made na 30.I no go jst close eye buy d foreign made
Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by Fragility6: 10:53am On May 19, 2020
jericco1:
Despite all these, the price of rice keeps on increasing at a geometric progression undecided
na diz one i no jst understand. Weda na greed on d part of our farmers o or sumtin else i no know
Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by rationalhuman(m): 10:53am On May 19, 2020
"This also includes the pharmaceutical industry or sector... Most of the medications we import from India, and other nations can be easily produced here."

Being optimistic is okay, Milling rice good thing. But medications can be made easily? Really? like mixing two things, crushing and done?
If you are talking about Aspirins then yes, they are already being manufactured everywhere. Its huge diverse field and required massive investments, Know how and Industrial capabilities.

As you mentioned Medicines are being imported from India, There are Four broader grades of Companies over there.
Type 1: Ordinary Generics (In fact they have manufacturing plants here as well)
Type 2: Critical Generics (They are the one supplying life saving drugs for HIV, Malaria as extremely cheap prices because as per Directive of Indian government, they can not get profit from these medicines, India providing this by subsidies. We should thank them as millions in this continent will die if not from their generosity)
Type 3: Specialty Drugs, Vaccines required very high end technology and Billions of USD to make setup)
Type 4: Cancer, Stan, Respiratory medicines, Anti Venom, Rabies and R&Dev trail drugs. (Same high end investments and Very strict standars)

USA is the biggest importer of Type 3 and 4 medicines from India followed by France, Switzerland, Canada and eastern eu block.
Dont have false hopes for manufacturing as USA, France, Canada also relies on India.

Also you need API for even simple medicines (As there are few Indian Multinationals already making in Lagos), they imports APIs from india or China, Only India and China makes the APIs (thy also trade among themselves for economic factors).

Let us focus on simple things like Food and daily care.

Angelfrost:
Great news... We need more of such industries across the nation producing things we waste funds importing yearly.

Industrialization remains the way forward, and a key part of economic diversification.

This also includes the pharmaceutical industry or sector... Most of the medications we import from India, and other nations can be easily produced here.

1 Like

Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by farem: 10:53am On May 19, 2020
jericco1:
Despite all these, the price of rice keeps on increasing at a geometric progression undecided

Despite the Mill that's yet to be commissioned, right?
Use your head.
Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by apexc8506: 10:54am On May 19, 2020
Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by Jabioro: 10:54am On May 19, 2020
SocialJustice:
Nice. More food items should be banned and produced locally especially wheat.
Wheat or Barley can't grow on our weather and soil..
Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by GeniusVincent(m): 10:54am On May 19, 2020
God bless the LASG mbok
Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by SocialJustice: 10:56am On May 19, 2020
Jabioro:
Wheat or Barley can't grow on our weather and soil..
I suspected.

1 Like

Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by lastempero: 10:56am On May 19, 2020
Aderewah:
Lol. A single factory like this is bigger than hundred thousand fake product manufacturing shops.

Ibadan has brown roofs because it's houses at least 50 year olds. Children of owners won't sell because of legacy. Some people will compare with their cities with houses built five years ago.

This is commendable and please dont derail this good project, u must not masturbate over igbo people matter.
If we check very well now, na one ebuka dey wire u front n back.

1 Like

Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by sayso: 10:58am On May 19, 2020
That is almost 3700 Trailers of paddy rice. Where una see am buy? Mumu people.
Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by lastempero: 10:58am On May 19, 2020
My SE governors no get brain do this kind of project.
Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by Pheelz2020(m): 10:59am On May 19, 2020
pls can someone help me with the link to get Tax Identification Number remotely pls?

SocialJustice:
Nice. More food items should be banned and produced locally especially wheat.
Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by Pheelz2020(m): 10:59am On May 19, 2020
pls can someone help me with the link to get Tax Identification Number remotely pls?pls can someone help me with the link to get Tax Identification Number remotely pls?pls can someone help me with the link to get Tax Identification Number remotely pls?
lastempero:

This is commendable and please dont derail this good project, u must not masturbate over igbo people matter.
If we check very well now, na one ebuka dey wire u front n back.
Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by universe26(m): 11:01am On May 19, 2020
We're our problems and our solutions.
We know what to do, but we leave to do them thereby creating division among ourselves. Nigeria can't be one unless the right thing is done
Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by DJMCOTTY(m): 11:01am On May 19, 2020
Rice that you Cook and it will look like oat , very fake
kalvoken:

If you sell a hygienic pap/akamu/ogi, you do not need your landlord to ban other tenants from buying it or custards outside before they will patronize you.

But when they keep seeing different species of rodents inside your pap, they would rather jump the fence than buy from you again.
Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by ZooOga: 11:02am On May 19, 2020
The Father of home grown rice production. Give credit where credit is due. wink

1 Like

Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by Tribalism123(m): 11:02am On May 19, 2020
Ambode Amaka
Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by maxzzo1(m): 11:02am On May 19, 2020
Always sweet talk at d end we"ll know......
Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by SocialJustice: 11:05am On May 19, 2020
Pheelz2020:
pls can someone help me with the link to get Tax Identification Number remotely pls?

Go to FIRS website.
Re: Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly by Beedude(m): 11:06am On May 19, 2020
yommen:
You are from Imota, good one. I live at Sabo but work at Imota.
Is it same Imota in Ikorodu?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Daily Price Of Foodstuff And Commodities Uploaded / Anambra Stone Free Rice Ready For Export / Ukwulu Invasion: Outcry As Fulani Herdsmen Ruin Farmlands In Anambra (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.