Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR (39359 Views)

How Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Fraudulently Collected N32.5m As Travel Allowance - SR / Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds / Mc Oluomo, Lagos Speaker And Tinibu Tawaf In Mecca-photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by COMPAQ(m): 12:53pm On May 19, 2020
seunmsg:

An auditor is not a whistle blower. At my level, I can only record my findings and make recommendations to my supervisor and the public accounts committee of the National Assembly (if it will go that far).

My office doesn’t report to the EFCC or ICPC. We can collaborate if need be but we don’t share audit report with them except a special request is made.

Then perhaps you are one of the problems of this country. You are basically saying it doesn't concern you. How about anonymously packaging the findings for EFCC and/or icpc. If you go that far and nothing happens, then I will agree you have domlbe your best.
Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by blackboy(m): 12:55pm On May 19, 2020
Let us have her name . SR with their half truths stories

1 Like

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by 2tec(m): 12:59pm On May 19, 2020
Hello Friends,

Is the pandemic forcing your business to record losses?

Regardless of the industry/ sector that you operate in, we can help you to bounce back in fortunes!

We assist businesses to reach their target market and make their customers handy via our IT Solutions (Applications).

Check my signature, let us digitalize your business and make an essential-based.
Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by seunmsg(m): 1:01pm On May 19, 2020
Urchman200:
bigot, I am suprised u did not mention where the man comes from, or his religious belief.

grin grin grin
Pained ipob.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by femmy2010(m): 1:02pm On May 19, 2020
it is obvious Sahara Reporters has issues with the Lagos Assembly Speaker .
Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by seunmsg(m): 1:03pm On May 19, 2020
Yankee101:

Can you make copies of those audits?
We'll buy them and use it against them in court

Audit reports are classified and never to be sold. Again, fed auditors are made to swear to an oath of secrecy upon employment. I have no intention of breaching that oath.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by seunmsg(m): 1:05pm On May 19, 2020
GamalNasser:

So what sort of stringent checks do you think will solve this ? My experience in Nigeria shows that for every layer of checks you add you only create a new level of corruption ..I am sure as an auditor in Nigeria you have come across many bribes

Yeah, the one you offered me.
Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by GamalNasser: 1:06pm On May 19, 2020
seunmsg:

Yeah, the one you offered me.

I am not saying you accepted bribe , it was just a question ...Have you ever been offered bribe in the course of your audit duties ? Have U?
Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by Hoephase: 1:07pm On May 19, 2020
OJURONGBE1:

Bros, forget this yarn . I have a friend who's not blessed with good looks neither does it make up for it with heights or deep pocket but this guy get scope for mouth sotey if him yarn you Tory, you as a guy self go fall .
We were roommates during NYSC and 1 girl wey i go wash hand before i greet dey find am come house.
He's married now and his wife is an absolute beauty.
Obasa self fine small.
True talk bro.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by aris: 1:08pm On May 19, 2020
The authenticity of the long minute to the Hon Speaker is in doubt personally
Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 19, 2020
uruba23:
You people should leave Hon Obasa alone o at least the last time i was in their office, the lift was working, unlike the secretariat where lift no dey work,person go dey breath heavily after climbing stairs.

Most importantly they address challenges promptly and keep records of their proceeding.
So it is lift we will chop after the economy has being drained about
People with senseless comment like you should be locked up

1 Like

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 19, 2020
"Honorarium" is 15 million Naira grin grin grin

Nigeria

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by Staro: 1:10pm On May 19, 2020

The corruption in Lagos will shock the devil
when investigated

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by Thatdopekelly(m): 1:13pm On May 19, 2020
seunmsg:
I see things like this everytime I’m auditing the records of federal MDAs. It is just so shameful and embarrassing.

Going forward, we really need to redefine the approval process of public funds. The current system gives accounting officers and political heads of MDAs absolute powers to expend public funds without any serious mechanism put in place for accountability.

You can’t give someone power to approve public funds without restrain and think he’s going to be responsible with such powers. We need more stringent checks and balances in place to curb corrupt and frivolous expenditure like this.

It's obvious you're doing well and i thank God for you... Plz I studied management with a second class upper and I'll be passing out of NYSC next Thursday, in case there's an opening... Thanks
Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by GboyegaD(m): 1:14pm On May 19, 2020
NLReposter:
lalasticlala forget about snake topics
move this thing to fp

Obasa should be arrested immediately. investigated and consequently prosecuted for gross misconduct in office, economic crime, fraud and extortion of state resources.

The speaker is not above the law.

The guy don turn tortoise. He appears in all fraudulent topics that has to do with the state legislative arm.
Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by Seun360(m): 1:16pm On May 19, 2020
They should impeach this guy.
Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by caprini1: 1:26pm On May 19, 2020
amalab30:
Obasa shared bread as palliatives. He should be reminded that, the evil men do, live after them.
That is his brain capacity.......,just looking at him,you will know his brain is filled with bread n ewa agonyi.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by Yankee101: 1:28pm On May 19, 2020
seunmsg:

Audit reports are classified and never to be sold. Again, fed auditors are made to swear to an oath of secrecy upon employment. I have no intention of breaching that oath.

No one can change the system from abroad

Sahara reporters got clear copies from insiders

I know your oath. I also know about the legal cover of whistle blowing. The buying aspect is to give you protection. But you can as well pass them on to the EFCC or ICPC.

Have you raised exceptions? Have you contacted the fiscal responsibility commission? Or are you like other nigerian auditors who take their cut and walk away after rubber stamping?
Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by CocoaOla: 1:28pm On May 19, 2020
Nigeria citizens you don't have respect after APC paid you a lot of dollars during election s to vote them in you are coming online to insult them insult ing you r buyers your master you have not seen anything APC investment have not even start making profit s if anyone of talk again you be jailed
Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by favinvest: 1:30pm On May 19, 2020
why is everyone complaining..

i thought they said Ambode was a thief, so they decided to vote for the saint in Lagos..

same with GEJ & PMB in 2015..
Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by castrokins(m): 1:31pm On May 19, 2020
Over #12m For Small Chops shocked
Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 19, 2020
mmars:

So it is lift we will chop after the economy has being drained about
People with senseless comment like you should be locked up
Come and lock me up now..when you can't read between the lines.
Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 19, 2020
uruba23:

Come and lock me up now..when you can't read between the lines.
You said a corrupt man is adequate in his duties does that makes sense to you
Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by Corbin: 1:39pm On May 19, 2020
AhoadaRivers:

The problem with most of you Nigerians is lack of appreciation. I have sent more than 70K since last month to over 20 people on this forum. Only one person came back here to say thank you to 'whoever' sent him money. Others just lock up, no appreciation, no thanks.

As if it is their birthright to get alerts and donations from others.

Tufia!

Nigerians una no dey try abeg.

God bless you
You did good
Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 19, 2020
mmars:

You said a corrupt man is adequate in his duties does that makes sense to you
Has he been proving to be corrupt,if money is allocated to the house and the place is functioning well why would i think he is corrupt,if the secretariat that has civil servant sweating their ass out don't have a functioning lift and allocation must have been giving on paper,why would i think someone there is not corrupt.I am not defending anyone i just want the lift fixed .
Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by SpecialAdviser(m): 1:41pm On May 19, 2020
NLReposter:
lalasticlala forget about snake topics
move this thing to fp

Obasa should be arrested immediately. investigated and consequently prosecuted for gross misconduct in office, economic crime, fraud and extortion of state resources.

The speaker is not above the law.

Nobody will touch him. Thats how they roll in Lagos. The people is about more concerned in Jagaban is affected. Unless he is affected forget it. grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by Gandollar(f): 1:42pm On May 19, 2020
seunmsg:
I see things like this everytime I’m auditing the records of federal MDAs. It is just so shameful and embarrassing.

Going forward, we really need to redefine the approval process of public funds. The current system gives accounting officers and political heads of MDAs absolute powers to expend public funds without any serious mechanism put in place for accountability.

You can’t give someone power to approve public funds without restrain and think he’s going to be responsible with such powers. We need more stringent checks and balances in place to curb corrupt and frivolous expenditure like this.
Simply put, we need strong institutions.
Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by Corbin: 1:43pm On May 19, 2020
1StopRudeness:

U are doing giveaway to online users....??
The poorest people that need help are not online insulting people....check around you, your immediate environment....you will be glad

That one that has not been paid since covid 19 still has data...abi it’s the data since the lockdown started he’s still using...
there's free basics
You can browse free with MTN using.opera.mini

You can login naira. Land without. Data using free.basics

That is what I am using
If you don't believe me ask.people or browse about it
Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 19, 2020
uruba23:

Has he been proving to be corrupt,if money is allocated to the house and the place is functioning well why would i think he is corrupt,if the secretariat that has civil servant sweating their ass out don't have a functioning lift and allocation must have been giving on paper,why would i think someone there is not corrupt.I am not defending anyone i just want the lift fixed .
Mr man the showed papers says everything
Think now how will you use 13million for entertainment when you are not inviting wizkid to perform

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Celebrates Richard Mofe-Damijo's 60th Birthday / 2023 Presidency: Bola Tinubu Trends After Dele Momodu's Article / Soldiers Rescue 172 Students Abducted In Kaduna, 30 Still Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.