Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,469 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? (43270 Views)

Private School Teachers, How Have You Guys Been Coping? / Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure / Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by buikem2: 10:24am On May 20, 2020
I own a private school.. Not in Nigeria but in another African country.

We stopped school Mid-march and I paid full salary to all teachers and workers. But I made it clear to them that we don't have the means to pay other months if there's no school and no school fees entering. Here school fees are paid monthly and not per term.

Na so e be since. They didn't get anything in April and will not get in May. I feel for them but we can't jeopardise the future of the school for the sake of families of workers. It's a contract... You work, you receive payment. The contract isn't to take care of their families. It's simple business rule.

Some came crying they don't have anything to eat and I gave some palliatives, not in the of school oh but personal sentiments.

We pray this all stops so that everyone returns and things get back to normal.

I say mek I drop my opinion from a school owner.

33 Likes

Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by ajebuter(f): 10:24am On May 20, 2020
gurunlocker:
Private school will pay you during lockdown?

Almost impossible, maybe those big schools though.

They are not making money, so they can't pay... This moment must be really hard in private teachers.

Those creative can do private tutoring though and make extra cash instead of staying idle

I work for those super big institutions and we all got paid..

Full salaries.. March, April and expecting May next week..

Kudos to our godly Chairman and his wife, the Executive Director ..

16 Likes

Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by mslilybeth(f): 10:24am On May 20, 2020
Tonylyte:
I don't know if those of you teaching in private schools, like my humble self are facing the same difficulties like me too.

Are you getting paid by your employers during this lock down?

Our case is different here, ever since the lock down began we have not been paid even a dime or reached by our employer to know how we are coping during this tough period.

Those of us that understand better how things work, is it proper that way? What are your thoughts on this? Share your experiences too-those of us in private sectors.
True, so many private teachers are paying the price of this lockdown, but there is an alternative, you can make passive income this period , I can show you how.

1 Like

Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by apexc756: 10:24am On May 20, 2020
[color=#] 4763205[/color]
Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by Nobody: 10:25am On May 20, 2020
Queenext:
If after this coronavirus, a normal human being didn't do everything to exit private school teaching, then the person is destined for suffering.

Private school owner should be classified as slave driver,with no mercy.

Even without coronavirus, they owe, with this, this is the perfect opportunity. to become boss debtor.

Rubbish work

Not all. My schools are standard and the owners are fair dealers. They don't owe

7 Likes

Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by cruz419(m): 10:25am On May 20, 2020
broda these days i am becoming depressed the money no reach b4 not to talk of when u no come see am ,,am trusting GOD for a miracle oo cos am tired of the whole system....

5 Likes

Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by Nobody: 10:26am On May 20, 2020
Tonylyte:
I don't know if those of you teaching in private schools, like my humble self are facing the same difficulties like me too.

Our case is different here, ever since the lock down began we have not been paid even a dime or reached by our employer to know how we are coping during this tough period.

Those of us that understand better how things work, is it proper that way? What are your thoughts on this? Share your experiences too-those of us in private sectors.

Private school teaching is not an employment but under employment. The last time I collected salary was in March. And instead of Government to help, they are distributing audio palliatives to ghosts. Nigeria is a terrific mistake of a country. I spit.

2 Likes

Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by optimus106(m): 10:26am On May 20, 2020
TheSeeker777:
If you EARN #50,000 naira as salary in Nigeria ��, here are some breakdown

Daily (28 days) = 1785 naira

Per Hour (8am - 4pm ) = 223 naira

Depending on the nature of the job, Ur 1 hour is only worth coke and gala

It's way better than stealing or staying idle.

8 Likes

Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by Achievermdot: 10:26am On May 20, 2020
Queenext:
If after this coronavirus, a normal human being didn't do everything to exit private school teaching, then the person is destined for suffering.

Even without coronavirus, they owe, with this, this is the perfect opportunity to become boss debtor.

Rubbish work
You nailed it brother, but the economic situation of our country doesn't assist people in doing so at all.

2 Likes

Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by coputa(m): 10:26am On May 20, 2020
TheSeeker777:

poor mindset breeds poverty.You dont just put all the money in your pocket and plan how to finish it,or else you will die a poor man.If you are paid fifty thousand as salary in nigeria,then you are a big boy.re~invest part of your salary into a part time business.

8 Likes

Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by Jjjustice(m): 10:27am On May 20, 2020
Queenext:

Even without coronavirus, they owe, with this, this is the perfect opportunity to become boss debtor.

Rubbish work

Private school is not the problem. Most privately owned establishment are all guilty of this

3 Likes

Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by Cantonese: 10:27am On May 20, 2020
Tonylyte:

It depends on the school(s).
Federal and state governments pay.
Big private schools pay.
Small private schools where graduates beg to get jobs and be paid 7000 - 15,000 monthly are those affected. Those who proprietors practice pay as you go.
Please look for ways out like PP, etc.
Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by Acidosis(m): 10:27am On May 20, 2020
CodeTemplar:
If you a school owner will you pay staff when students aren't paying?

I don't subscribe to that school of thought. In a formal employment, employers bear most (not all) of the risks.

If the students are not paying now, what about the huge amounts they paid previously out of which you gave out peanuts as salary?

Salary and compensations should be structured in a way that teachers can get paid even on holidays. Teaching job is not an informal employment.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by yellowgarri2(m): 10:28am On May 20, 2020
mslilybeth:

True, so many private teachers are paying the price of this lockdown, but there is an alternative, you can make passive income this period , I can show you how.
show me please

1 Like

Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by RimiEmma(m): 10:28am On May 20, 2020
They cant pay because no revenue coming in for now. Private teachers and everyone's prayer is that the pandemic should end. It affects all facet of live.

4 Likes

Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by OhiOfIhima: 10:28am On May 20, 2020
seunlayi:
They should have paid you people

From which acct? Seem like you don't know how those private school owner act, I once find job enter d crib what discouraged me was that I gat on salary when school is on vacation!

Very pathetic! Private school work is like a factory work..
Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by powalez: 10:28am On May 20, 2020
gambia:

I thought you guys were recalled?
Oga,na story Dem dey talk, nobody was recalled.

1 Like

Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by AKzee(m): 10:29am On May 20, 2020
Queenext:

Rubbish work
It will be practically game over for private school owners. They are not humans. Some private school teachers are already thinking of that. Operation be your own boss. Private school work is NO WORK.

3 Likes

Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by DicklyD: 10:30am On May 20, 2020
Be creative at these trying periods.
Download zoom, reach out to your principal, and come up with online classes for an affordable fee.
You have not been working, no more school fees being made. No money is coming in so how would they pay. Those offering essential services who still generate some income are still halving staff salaries let alone those not generating anything.
Get creative that's the only way.

1 Like

Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by ominirajj: 10:30am On May 20, 2020
seunlayi:
They should have paid you people
NO O, THEY HAVEN'T O. MY MARCH SALARY SELF IS STILL HANGING
Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by Achievermdot: 10:30am On May 20, 2020
Though I'm working in private school, but kudos to our board of management. They paid full salary for us till date

3 Likes

Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by clintino700(m): 10:31am On May 20, 2020
The private school where I work in Port Harcourt as part of the mgt Board paid March and 50% in April, there have been no income since first week of March into the Schools purse.
People are finding it difficult this period especially you have to survive without an income.
From the look of things this May Ending some palliatives will still be paid out.

3 Likes

Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by implementing: 10:31am On May 20, 2020
I mean if i owned a private school I'll probably do the same thing cheesy
Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by RapistOnBail: 10:31am On May 20, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

The lockdown will end in the next two weeks

Then schools and churches and mosques and shrines can resume.

Then after that will come the economic meltdown on a large scale

The FG will announce some stringent measure to reduce the spread of the so called deadly virus (lol)

All these are signs of the end times

Give your life to Jesus is not enough
Faith is not enough

You can't keep sinning and thinking Jesus has died for your sins
That's self deception

This generation is going to enter the great tribulations..

Only God knows whom HE will save in the coming bad days
If you can't survive, Die!

Where ones freedom ends another begins.
Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by DontBullshitMe: 10:32am On May 20, 2020
TheSeeker777:

Can you consume a bottle of coke and a wrap of gala every hour of the day?

14 Likes

Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by ominirajj: 10:34am On May 20, 2020
TheSeeker777:

Please o am job hunting. Am living in Lagos and I am a graduate . Graduated since 2007 with no good job . Please connect me with good and BEFFITTING JOB
Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by OSASBOI: 10:34am On May 20, 2020
those shouting private lesson, tell me who will hire a tutor for his child when he or she is struggling to feed at this point in time. I once teach in private schools, it is almost the worst thing to happen to a human being, pay wise; its total rubbish the only solace is the recognition from the students each time you move around neighbourhood.

17 Likes

Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by coputa(m): 10:35am On May 20, 2020
Megaflex:
It's not easy ooo. It's hard to feed from hand to mouth. Check below to assist a brother.

I'm a private school teacher and a graduate. Since March I've not been paid and things aren't funny any more.

I've got no option now but to beg. I'm begging anyone who's got human feelings to assist a brother out. 00. 300. 44. 124. Access Bank. F. O. O.

Any amount will be greatly appreciated. God bless you
It,s only a lazy graduate that teaches in a private school,Do you kow that a pure water hawker in the street earns more than a average private school teacher.Take the bull by the horn and be resourseful.

1 Like

Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by donMIG(m): 10:35am On May 20, 2020
No shit
Na today them dei say make we come collect palliative based in na white man get the school

1 Like

Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by Nobody: 10:36am On May 20, 2020
My dear. I feel your pains but it is well.

I'm a part-timer but what saved me was the fact that I collect my pay termly before mid-term. So some already paid up for second term except for a new school i just got this second term. The owner didn't agree to my mode of payment which made me settle for monthly payment. but as God will have it, with prayers and all, she paid 50% 2weeks into the lockdown and just paid up the bal last week. Though she prorated it so I only got 75% cos according to her we only did three weeks before the lockdown. In all I think that's fair enough. But my schools are really fair when it comes to payments to staffs both part and full time teachers.

Above all, it been God and prayers.

May God see us through.
Re: Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? by Divinehenrich(m): 10:37am On May 20, 2020
I remembered when I was teaching in one private secondary school, the proprietor will owned staff for about 3months salary and yet no teacher will ever be bond enough to ask why.
An okada rider earn better than some private school teacher.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

See This Examination Questions In Indian University / Chisom Chukwuneke Talking About Chronic Myeliod Leukemia Before Her Death: Video / I Regret Bitterly Going To University.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.