Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? (1565 Views)

President Tinubu Returns To Nigeria After His Visit To India And UAE / Isaac Fayose Mocks Atiku, Says He Has Contested Four Times And Lost / Twitter Needs India And Nigeria To Grow. It's Running Into Trouble In Both (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by NigeriaB(m): 2:25pm On May 19, 2020
This saying went so viral even to the villages.

Now that I'm grown, I can't believe this anymore.

But what really happened?
Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by Querty(m): 2:27pm On May 19, 2020
A
Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by dignity33: 2:29pm On May 19, 2020
Google can answer you that question. stop believing what you hear from Palm wine joint.

2 Likes

Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by Chikpat(m): 2:31pm On May 19, 2020
Yes: 1n 1924 world cup

Meanwhile, spot the two idiots without brains below who think their IQs are the highest in the history of mankind grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by helinues: 2:32pm On May 19, 2020
It's a lie

1 Like

Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by GamalNasser: 2:33pm On May 19, 2020
Never happened

p.s sight that low IQ fella somewhere above me

7 Likes

Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by HappyPagan: 2:33pm On May 19, 2020
I did my degree in India.. none of my classmates, no one I met, had ever heard that story. For them, hearing about Nigeria was even a surprise. The only African countries they were familiar with were South Africa, Kenya, Namibia.. cricket playing African countries.

I've thought about it a few times. Maybe it was a cricket match. That's the only game where those scores are likely. Or maybe it's just a tale like Lady Koi Koi, odeshi and others that everyone just repeats without any evidence.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by NigeriaB(m): 2:33pm On May 19, 2020
Chikpat:
Yes: 1n 1924 world cup

For real? Can't see anything like that on Google

1 Like

Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by NigeriaB(m): 2:34pm On May 19, 2020
HappyPagan:
I did my degree in India.. none of my classmates, no one I met, had ever heard that story. For them, hearing about Nigeria was even a surprise. The only African countries they were familiar with were South Africa, Kenya, Namibia.. cricket playing African countries.

I agree with you. I wonder how come Namibia is so popular?

Meanwhile, Nigeria is the giant of Africa
Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by NigeriaB(m): 2:35pm On May 19, 2020
GamalNasser:
Never happened

Hahaha!
I believe it was all a scam. But how come it went so viral?

1 Like

Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by NigeriaB(m): 2:36pm On May 19, 2020
helinues:
It's a lie

You rite..
Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by NigeriaB(m): 2:37pm On May 19, 2020
Querty:
A

This one just came and bought land
Hahaha
Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by HappyPagan: 2:38pm On May 19, 2020
NigeriaB:

Meanwhile, Nigeria is the giant of Africa
If by giant, you mean population, that's okay. Other than that, Nigeria remains a mostly European creation. We have no national African holidays, our Gods are foreign, we are mostly a consumer nation. Beyond our music and oil, there really isn't much we have to offer.

2 Likes

Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by GamalNasser: 2:40pm On May 19, 2020
NigeriaB:

Hahaha!
I believe it was all a scam. But how come it went so viral?

Its a generational Nigerian hoax that has refused to go away

1 Like

Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by NigeriaB(m): 2:41pm On May 19, 2020
HappyPagan:

If by giant, you mean population, that's okay. Other than that, Nigeria remains a mostly European creation. We have no national African holidays, our Gods are foreign, we are mostly a consumer nation. Beyond our music and oil, there really isn't much we have to offer.

You are right.

I was even shocked when I was chatting with a Namibian friend and I told her I'm from Nigeria. She said where is Nigeria? Oh my God!
Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by NigeriaB(m): 2:42pm On May 19, 2020
GamalNasser:

Its a generational Nigerian hoax that has refused to go away

Chai
Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by youngsahito(m): 3:17pm On May 19, 2020
HappyPagan:

I've thought about it a few times. Maybe it was a cricket match. That's the only game where those scores are likely. Or maybe it's just a tale like Lady Koi Koi, odeshi and others that everyone just repeats without any evidence.
how was life in India and is true that they are really poor in that country?
Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by Lyydia(f): 4:01pm On May 19, 2020
grin lamba

1 Like

Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by denko(m): 4:06pm On May 19, 2020
Is as true as Buhari Integrity
Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by Perfectbeing(m): 4:17pm On May 19, 2020
Ask yourself this question... How do you score 99 goals in a 90 mins match??

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by rationalhuman(m): 5:48pm On May 19, 2020
On average, we can not dream of that life here in this continent in next 50 years.
I also got my university degree from India, lived in Gurugram.
India has largest middle class. Poverty exists but unlike here, Over there its going down rapidly day by day.
Also i sense some of them wants to remain poor to enjoy Social scheams benefits, They get monthly Rice, Wheat, Sugar almost free, Free electricity upto 200 units (in most states), Free water supply (upto 10k liters),
Healthcare is absolutely free and if you are poor you are insured. Education for kids are free. Government takes care of them but if you want everything free and you are Lazy then no one can uplift you.

Our people in need can not get this even in dreams, BTW life was awesome in India. I miss those days.

youngsahito:
how was life in India and is true that they are really poor in that country?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by rationalhuman(m): 5:55pm On May 19, 2020
Exactly, Most of the people even dont know any famous player like Maradona, Pele etc forget about anyone else.
They are Champions in Cricket and they splash crazy amount of money on cricket. In my university there were regular cricket, Wrestling and Chess tournaments. They dont know the name of most of our countries, except the cricket playing ones.

HappyPagan:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by ObaOfUyo: 6:31pm On May 19, 2020
GamalNasser:
Never happened

You mean the idiot that mentioned the 1924 world cup?!?
His IQ is the lowest in the history of mankind

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by SouthNigerian: 6:41pm On May 19, 2020
It's one of those dumb superstitious stories given to our Fathers' by their masters, meant to derail our thinking faculty.

1 Like

Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by bid4rich(m): 6:52pm On May 19, 2020
NigeriaB:

You dey mind that guy and you sef went to check? You surprise me no be small

1 Like

Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by NigeriaB(m): 7:15pm On May 19, 2020
SouthNigerian:
It's one of those dumb superstitious stories given to our Fathers' by their masters, meant to derail our thinking faculty.

Hahaha
As in ba
Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by NigeriaB(m): 7:16pm On May 19, 2020
ObaOfUyo:

You mean the idiot that mentioned the 1924 world cup?!?
His IQ is the lowest in the history of mankind

Lolzz
Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by NigeriaB(m): 7:17pm On May 19, 2020
rationalhuman:
On average, we can not dream of that life here in this continent in next 50 years.
India has largest middle class. Poverty exists but unlike here, Over there its going down rapidly day by day.
Also i sense some of them wants to remain poor to enjoy Social scheams benefits, They get monthly Rice, Wheat, Sugar almost free, Free electricity upto 200 units (in most states), Free water supply (upto 10k liters),
Healthcare is absolutely free and if you are poor you are insured. Education for kids are free. Government takes care of them but if you want everything free and you are Lazy then no one can uplift you.

Our people in need can not get this even in dreams, BTW life was awesome in India. I miss those days.

Wow, this is amazing. What is Nigeria doing sef?
Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by NigeriaB(m): 7:19pm On May 19, 2020
Perfectbeing:
Ask yourself this question... How do you score 99 goals in a 90 mins match??

Even myself tire for the whole thing o.

But this spread to every cranny of this country including dat of Peter Rufai even in the core villages
Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by NigeriaB(m): 7:20pm On May 19, 2020
denko:
Is as true as Buhari Integrity

Lolz

Oga ooo
Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by Chikpat(m): 8:16pm On May 19, 2020
NigeriaB:

Google of yesterday. World cup actually started in 1930

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Nigeria Ever Play Against India And Lost 99-1 ? by youngsahito(m): 10:10am On May 20, 2020
rationalhuman:

can we just talk on WhatsApp?

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: APC And PDP Likely To Field Northern Candidates For President / INEC In Edo State Is Leaking Voters' Phone Numbers To APC Agents / How Buruji Kashamu Fought Billionaire Adebutu Kessington Dirty Over Lotto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.