Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives (50905 Views)

This Is Why Women Tie Their Husbands With Juju - Chinenye Azubuike / Sallah: How Arewa Women Pampered Their Husbands With Money And Love / Unemployed Man Wins $273m Lotto Months After Divorce In US, Ex-Wife Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by TheArchangel(f): 6:31am On May 20, 2020
grin grin grin

Good thinking sir.

Women has been doing it for aeons, walking on eggshells cool all over their husbands as whomever pays the Piper dictates the tune.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by ogawisdom(m): 6:40am On May 20, 2020
Jeez grin

A jobless broke husband is in hell fire already angry

Woman go feed you and ur dick go still rise to f.uck am lol remove sex from the list. Sex is suspended till further notice

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Sleekbaby(f): 6:52am On May 20, 2020
Hilarious, Op thanks for putting smile on my face this morning

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:26am On May 20, 2020
Op
undecidedThis is wrong. How can you write this on an open forum. You can see how many women have been reading and making comments. You broke the guy's code: don't see, don't tell.
I suggest seun creates a male only section where you have to swear to being a man like the Islam section.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by bukatyne(f): 8:37am On May 20, 2020
Essenza01:

You are not avoiding egg shells, you are only being smart to get the Bill's being paid, the process is the navigation..

The occurrence of marriages disintegrating at the joblessness of husbands is to common to make a joke out of it.

We need to find a better way.

What are the odds someone would be out of employment in their working life time?

50%.

If they built a good marriage, should it now disintegrate because the husband lost his job?

Maybe another time, it would be funny. In this Corona times where people (both spouses) are losing jobs left, right and center?

People better start shaping up.

10 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Essenza01: 8:56am On May 20, 2020
bukatyne:

The occurrence of marriages disintegrating at the joblessness of husbands is to common to make a joke out of it.

We need to find a better way.

What are the odds someone would be out of employment in their working life time?

50%.

If they built a good marriage, should it now disintegrate because the husband lost his job?

Maybe another time, it would be funny. In this Corona times where people (both spouses) are losing jobs left, right and center?

People better start shaping up.

Most marriages disintegrate when partners loose their jobs, its even worse when both do..

my points are based on how to manage such periods with humility, empathy and respect from the mans perspective..

It was not a joke during the period, it was memories of time past.. people are going through this today, this might cheer them up and give them hope people have gone through same phase.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by BrownLondon(m): 9:20am On May 20, 2020
What a very useless thread.

What ever happen to picking yourself, even if it's menial job.

I wasn't surprised though, what do you expect from an average NIGERIAN woman?

Gossip
Make-up
Zeeworld
Nothing productive, absolutely nothing.

Because you don get small change, you think you've arrived.

The greatest thing I inherited from my father is ego, and I will forever be greatful for that.

That's how one created a thread yesterday complaining of husband's family, saying she'll not include her husband's name in her landed property, it's only a simp that will beg for that, I wouldn't even expect you to include my name in your property in the first place.

Dear Men, if you're in this situation right now, don't trade your dignity instead brace yourself up, find something to do, wealth is not the ultimate thing in this life.

Just be happy.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Essenza01: 9:30am On May 20, 2020
BrownLondon:
What a very useless thread.

What ever happen to picking yourself, even if it's menial job.

I wasn't surprised though, what do you expect from an average NIGERIAN woman?

Gossip
Make-up
Zeeworld
Nothing productive, absolutely nothing.

Because you don get small change, you think you've arrived.

The greatest thing I inherited from my father is ego, and I will forever be greatful for that.

That's how one created a thread yesterday complaining of husband's family, saying she'll not include her husband's name in her landed property, it's only a simp that will beg for that, I wouldn't even expect you to include my name in your property in the first place.

Dear Men, if you're in this situation right now, don't trade your dignity instead brace yourself up, find something to do, wealth is not the ultimate thing in this life.

Just be happy.

Lol, I understand your tone... ego ego ego... I had that in excess, I was 100% in control, the Alpha Male, the Hercules of the family.. grin grin ...God humbled me,

It's only your family that has your back, friends would desert you, business associates would desert you, your ego would deflate like ball when you are desperate throwing monies into thin air right, left and centre on any business idea brought to you just because you want to prove people wrong..

If you have a working reasonable wife that period, cherish her while you pray to get out of your many troubles..

Ego would not take you anywhere..

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by SweetCunt97(f): 10:20am On May 20, 2020
Funny. Most women get irritated when a man has nothing doing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by crackland: 10:33am On May 20, 2020
Essenza01:
Jobless husband diaries!!

Here are some guidelines for unemployed husbands with working wives.
, when you read through with an open mind, you would see it's not she looking down on you, it's just you being smart to be able to have your sanity and getting some advantages while praying for a change.. Hang in there guys, you are not alone, tables turn... you would be fine.

1 - Never discuss your predicament beyond the normal and never show weakness in front of your wife.. "she dont want to see hopelessness".. grin

2 - buy a lot of noodles, you would be needing it a lot, especially during your strong head periods, you dont win most fights, most fights end with "Oya buy it naa" that's usually when you add the convo to your lost battles .. grin

3 - your meals majorly come in two options if any
Rice or noodles?
Beans or noodles?
Eba or noodles?

Semo or pounds is too stressful, dont opt to make shocked... stress was only the surface reason given to you.. cool

4 - sex is usually delayed, when ever you see one just accept and be ready for maybe max two position change, some styles may be banned.. grin

5 - dont come home drunk, I repeat.. dont come home drunk..you remember the pictures of samloco playing "jobless old drunk" in movie scenes... you look exactly like them to her.. grin

6 - some eatable and chewy chewy groceries stops being in the fridge because you are home most-times and eats to chase boredom.. there is always a secret stash in her room for groundnuts, sharp biscuits, cashew nuts, sweets, etc.. she knows you know, take reasonably grin

7 - you are at your lowest, dont bring friends doing well too close home, otherwise you might get depressed from comparison grin

8 - in your many many ideas, you know broke guys reason business ideas like Warren buffet grin , always sieve out the good ones, because telling her some kind stupid stupid ideas would make you look jobless and stupid also. grin

9 - the best way to dodge Bill's is to watch your words, avoid some topics, you need to be one step or two ahead everytime.. e.g TV shows, movies, food, clubs etc...
- TV shows - dstv bill comes up
- Movies - cinema bill comes up
- Food - restaurant and taking out comes up.. grin

10 - Do house chores, pick mopping... it's easier, you only start when she is done sweeping and dusting, she goes to bath, you zig-zag and get back to watching (how do they do it) grin... use water, avoid bubbles on tiles.. you would redo that work even if its next week.. grin

11 - dont leave the sink messy, especially on work days when you are home job hunting and she is out hustling, bro it's an important rule from a man to a man..

12 - with your many insecurities and the devil trying to use you to bring out your alpha Male, pick your fights... yes they would come, but there is an extent to which a broke man fights and argues.. embarassed

13 - you would owe her cash a lot, she knows deep down that money is not coming back, but be ready to be dragged about it to pay for essentials you cant do without.. she would pay eventually when you have curled away asking God why.. allow her have it, it's one of her high moments. cry

14 - in your midnight cries, yes "midnight cries" is most times once a week or twice sha, depending on the days activities... dont disturb her sleep... embarassed

15 - be transparent, remove password from your phone, laptops etc... if she is being faithful, infidelity is not something you want attached to "cheating jobless old man"... you cant be broke and cheating, they dont work together..

16 - read, read, read... you have to pass her in something, current affairs, global happenings, worlds economy etc... it is an edge when you throw small small insults inside conversations "so you dont know kyari is dead" those are one of your few high moments.. wink

17 - early morning gisting with her while she baths and makes up, makes her happy.. you can lend some money during those hours.. those are your bankable hours, if you want some extra cash, offer to drop her at work, that's if it's not your duty already oo.. kiss

18 - at all, at all, try to provide for fuel for generator, darkness and a man being in the house dont usually go together.. you might start having complex..

19 - always use your car weekends, thats if you have not sold hers and she is using yours. When you use your car weekends for functions not personal waka, she chips or outrightly buys fuel that you can manage during the week for your job hunting activities.. grin

20 - look good, work out and have your CV handy. you need to look the role she currently tells people you are doing.." Frank is okay, he is inbetween jobs, but trying out some ideas with friends".. if the friends ask for your CV, always have it handy, delay is dangerous...

21 - dont be gluttonous, eat moderately like a normal human being, if you finish your meals for the week by wednesday, be ready to fall back to your noodles (refer to rule 2) grin and yes you would come up with different flavours of home made seasonings only you can eat.. grin

22 - try to curtail your mood swings, she is the only one entitled to it, you need to be happy with smiles when she is making conversations..

23 - make business calls or pretend to make business call.. it's important, it gives her hope you are connecting.. "my brother me and you know say na 10k you dey shout like that for" grin

24 - go grocery shopping with her, you get to use the opportunity to throw drinks into the cart and remove face immediately, if your eyes jam.. you would return that drink ooo.. grin

25 - if she sends you a link from work, read, watch or chat her to discuss with her, otherwise "what are you doing, that you didn't reply my message follows" grin grin, what you were doing must have financial gains ooo grin never use "I was sleeping" as excuse... dont even try it..

26 - dont call her family, send text message if you can.. dont let them remember you ooo.. lipsrsealed

27 - during your few chances of sex, dont shoot in, "I repeat", dont shoot in... you may find yourself outside by 1am looking for postinol 2
. grin grin the stress in looking for the drug would surpass whatever you managed to enjoy. undecided

28 - be ready for "mistakes" of giving you cash in front of people undecided, it's not everytime she remembers to call you to the corner or give you her card.. it's one of those moments you want the ground to swallow you up.. but my brother "dem no dey use shame swallow spit".. it wont last forever.

Let's me rest here first and continue later... but in all, I love my wife... she is that woman that has your back 100%..

The table has turned for me and am back to my responsibilities, it was a tough period, I learnt a lot, from Anger management to laws of power, it's not a fun place to reside in for a long time....

Most especially:
Marry your friend,
marry your partner in crime,
Marry your day1 niga,
your Gee... when you do, no matter the circumstance, you have some level of peace, some room to pickup and some encouragement to guide you through.

Cosigned... cool

In addition to all this, please make yourself as scarce as possible in the house and around her.
If possible, just tell her that you're travelling and spend a week or two away...then return back and continue being very scarce around her.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by BrownLondon(m): 11:04am On May 20, 2020
Essenza01:

Lol, I understand your tone... ego ego ego... I had that in excess, I was 100% in control, the Alpha Male, the Hercules of the family.. grin grin ...God humbled me,

It's only your family that has your back, friends would desert you, business associates would desert you, your ego would deflate like ball when you are desperate throwing monies into thin air right, left and centre on any business idea brought to you just because you want to prove people wrong..

If you have a working reasonable wife that period, cherish her while you pray to get out of your many troubles..

Ego would not take you anywhere..
Good for you, it's your opinion.
And in as much as I respect your opinion and Nairaland is a forum where anyone can post nonsense..

What you wrote up there is against our norms and culture.

Keep that to yourself, money is not the ultimate thing in life.

Men shouldn't do what is against the our society.

6 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Genset: 11:28am On May 20, 2020
BrownLondon:

And in as much as I respect your opinion and Nairaland is a forum where anyone can post nonsense..

I dey laugh you grin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by BrownLondon(m): 11:30am On May 20, 2020
Genset:

I dey laugh you grin
Your gender first?
Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by homesteady(m): 11:53am On May 20, 2020
BrownLondon:

So is it not a "cultural norm" for the husband to provide for the family? When the husband can't provide for the family, he is already going "against the cultural norm", so he should be ready to deal with other things that go against the supposed culture.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by BrownLondon(m): 12:02pm On May 20, 2020
homesteady:

So is it not a "cultural norm" for the husband to provide for the family? When the husband can't provide for the family, he is already going "against the cultural norm", so he should be ready to deal with other things that go against the supposed culture.

The husband is the head, my point is this thread is needless.

Men are the breadwinner in an average NIGERIAN home, at least 95% the rest 5% is negligible.

Op should create a thread on how unemployed husbands can get a new job not how to be a slave.

I repeat this thread is against our culture.

14 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Genset: 12:06pm On May 20, 2020
BrownLondon:

Your gender first?

Male

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by NoToPile: 12:14pm On May 20, 2020
BrownLondon:

[Men are the breadwinner in an average NIGERIAN home, at least 95% the rest 5% is negligible.

Op should create a thread on how unemployed husbands can get a new job not how to be a slave.

Say what
95%-5% ??
That statistics is one kain.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Ishilove: 12:15pm On May 20, 2020
BrownLondon:

Your gender first?
You really are egotistical.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by BrownLondon(m): 12:15pm On May 20, 2020
Genset:

Male
Would you rather look for a new job or be a slave? Even if it's labourer

Remember you were once the provider?

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by homesteady(m): 12:16pm On May 20, 2020
BrownLondon:

Men are the breadwinner in an average NIGERIAN home, at least 95% the rest 5% is negligible.

95%? Oga are we leaving in this same Nigeria? It shows you are disconnected from reality or you are just trying to create an issue from nothing.

There was a thread on front page just last week where a Lady was complaining about how the husband was acting because he wasn't really getting money like the wife and many ladies also had similar issues when their husbands were jobless.

As funny as the thread sounds, it is addressing a very common issue. If you like, be a jobless husband and be acting like you are the owner of heaven and earth, talking about your ego. Your wife will leave you or you will be in a very miserable marriage.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by BrownLondon(m): 12:25pm On May 20, 2020
homesteady:

95%? Oga are we leaving in this same Nigeria? It shows you are disconnected from reality or you are just trying to create an issue from nothing.

There was a thread on front page just last week where a Lady was complaining about how the husband was acting because he wasn't really getting money like the wife and many ladies also had similar issues when their husbands were jobless.

As funny as the thread sounds, it is addressing a very common issue. If you like, be a jobless husband and be acting like you are the owner of heaven and earth, talking about your ego. Your wife will leave you or you will be in a very miserable marriage.
I don't want to discuss this further.

Let's look at it from this angle : just an example

Stealing is a crime.

The thought of stealing comes to a man/woman mind when he/she is down financially.

Why steal when you can have two hands?

That's how I see this thread, I think we should stop promoting what is bad.

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by babythug(f): 12:39pm On May 20, 2020
Essenza01

It was refreshing to read �

Please help us with a list for women who are between jobs and “suffering” from the master’s wrath/ stone face when he returns from work and the unemployed mrs is trying to tell him what junior did or didn’t do plus how she overheard the neighbours saying this or that lol

14 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 20, 2020
Klinee:
The worst condition a man can fall in is when you're being fed by a woman
Lots of men are living off their wives and heaven is yet to fall.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 20, 2020
BrownLondon:

Go to Abuja and see jobless men everywhere that have been laid off work and are living off their wives. Add that to the teaming unmarried ones who think that Abuja is their Eldorado.

These days, the unmarried ones are targeting babes with rich backgrounds even if she is bigger than eniola.

Mtcheew

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Essenza01: 1:46pm On May 20, 2020
BrownLondon:

This statistics is flawed....how do you come up with such stat when there are equal opportunities of jobs for both gender..

Do coys discriminate on gender during salaries?.

The point is not the menial job or being lazy, it's about earning enough to take care of your Bill's..

Your wife cant stoop to the level that a menial job pay can handle just because you want to satisfy your ego, she would leave..

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by oluwasegun007(m): 2:04pm On May 22, 2020
May God see men through...

The list look like a possible reality..

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Nonsoboy4life(m): 2:04pm On May 22, 2020
Ok
Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by TheRedpillguy: 2:04pm On May 22, 2020
I rather starve to death then to let a bitch feed me

2 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 22, 2020
G
Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Edusouls(m): 2:08pm On May 22, 2020
Women are cruel and extremely selfish creatures s, when your wife is working and you are not, then you see the real thing called women uncensored, just very few men are lucky..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 22, 2020
ibkayee:
Lol no mention of actually looking for a job? Or maybe I missed it
Where is your unconditional love?? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Newborn Baby Girl With Cute Eyebrow (Photos) / Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? / Adorable Video Of Nigeria Mature Couple Bantering At Each Other In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.