Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

What Could Possibly Be Wrong - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Could Possibly Be Wrong (902 Views)

Can A V6 Engine Possibly Be More Powerful Than A V8? / Could Something Be Wrong With This Mileage? / What Could Possibly Cause This Car Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Possibly Be Wrong by chucks231(m): 7:28pm On May 19, 2020
I drive an Elantra and it has lately developed a problem I can’t decipher,
I have changed my battery from 62ah to 75amh
I changed the Kickstarter too
The problem is still there.

My car cranks when it likes (lol), in the morning when I am ready to go to work,
But if I make a stop at the gas station or ATM center where I am required to turn the car off and wait my turn or something, when I am ready to move again it doesn’t crank,
I have to wait for it to cool say 35-45mins before it cranks again

When it initially started I thought it was the battery so I changed it, i was told the alternator is bad or not charging I checked it it was charging, some say it’s the starter, I got another one

Now my mec says it’s the ground cable,

My deductions are once the car take heat it doesn’t crank so it’s confusing.
Could it be that the kickstarter I changed is bad or the ground cable as the mec suggested.

Please I don’t know if anyone has any useful information or referrals to my problem because I am drained.
Help a brother.
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong by Toyosienna: 7:41pm On May 19, 2020
Bro stop allowing the mechanics to guess the solution For you. Easily take the car for scanning then from the result you know the nxt step
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong by chucks231(m): 7:42pm On May 19, 2020
Do u know any scan center and preferably on the island ajah axis because of my tight schedule

Toyosienna:
Bro stop allowing the mechanics to guess the solution For you. Easily take the car for scanning then from the result you know the nxt step
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong by Toyosienna: 7:44pm On May 19, 2020
chucks231:
Do u know any scan center and preferably on the island ajah axis because of my tight schedule

No bro,,,ok do this way search google your self for likely solution. This will help u believe me
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong by chucks231(m): 7:52pm On May 19, 2020
Ok thank you

Toyosienna:
No bro,,,ok do this way search google your self for likely solution. This will help u believe me

1 Like

Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong by Mynewdawn15: 8:15pm On May 19, 2020
chucks231:

Radautoworks is somewhere in Lekki, you can contact her
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong by Toyosienna: 8:33pm On May 19, 2020
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong by Toyosienna: 8:34pm On May 19, 2020
[quote author=chucks231 post=89733775]I drive an Elantra and it has lately developed a problem I can’t decipher,
I have changed my battery from 62ah to 75amh
I changed the Kickstarter too
The problem is still there.

My car cranks when it likes (lol), in the morning when I am ready to go to work,
But if I make a stop at the gas station or ATM center where I am required to turn the car off and wait my turn or something, when I am ready to move again it doesn’t crank,
I have to wait for it to cool say 35-45mins before it cranks again

When it initially started I thought it was the battery so I changed it, i was told the alternator is bad or not charging I checked it it was charging, some say it’s the starter, I got another one

Now my mec says it’s the ground cable,

My deductions are once the car take heat it doesn’t crank so it’s confusing.
Could it be that the kickstarter I changed is bad or the ground cable as the mec suggested.

Please I don’t know if anyone has any useful information or referrals to my problem because I am drained.
Help a brother.
[/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkrJOw8oeLw
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong by Blackbishop(m): 8:35pm On May 19, 2020
chucks231:

Bro I run a mobile workshop, I can work on your car at your own pace, from your naration I can deduct two things, it's either your crankshaft position sensor or an electrical issue but let's run a scan to know sir.

B-Automobile Nigeria Limited

(1) (Reply)

Honda Accord 2005 For Sale / Car Information Lamborghini Supercar Surprise With A Place Egoista / Before You Buy That Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.