Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,072 members, 7,807,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? (20574 Views)

Please I Need Help Honda Crv 2008 Vs Pontiac 2007 / Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? / Between Lexus 330 And Acura MDX 2008 Which Is Reliable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by Jaykizz(m): 4:39am On May 22, 2020
Volkswagen90:
Buy Volkswagen car especially Golf series.

Thank you for the advice. But I mentioned I limited my options to Camry and Accord. cool
Volkswagen90:
Buy Volkswagen car especially Golf series.

Thank you for the advice. But I mentioned I limited my options to Camry and Accord.
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by honda001: 4:59am On May 22, 2020
sholarb:
Two years back I was in same dilemma.

No regrets with the Accord till date. Performance is fantastic. Fuel consumption is superb. Reliability is great, depends on how you use and maintain the car.

Should you settle for the Honda ensure to use recommended fluids, OEM parts (toks or new) and avoid bad fuel in order to prolong lifespan of its emission components.

Also have a personal scanner handy to scan for fault codes and avoid quack mechanics.
was it Nigeria used ??
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by sholarb(m): 12:12pm On May 22, 2020
honda001:
was it Nigeria used ??

No...toks.

9 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by kowalsky: 11:24pm On May 22, 2020
What I liked about honda was its underdog status.

I don't know which jazz Toyota used on Nigerians that warrants the hype the brand gets in this country.
2006 corrola 1.9 million.
2007 corrola 2.2 million. For those cans. Spits.

Now people are beginning to see the value of Honda and I'm scared it'll become the popular brand cry cry embarassed

Been using an accord 06 now for two years straight. Only problem I've had was due to negligence. Brake pads were worn out and I didn't notice. Affected the wheel rotors.

Aside from that, which was entirely my fault, not one single fix on that car for two years and counting.

25 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by selfmadeOLX(m): 3:17pm On May 23, 2020
sholarb:

No...toks.

My car is this same grey color. I wanted to get an SUV before but the way the pandemic slowed down things, I'd be sticking to the accord for a while.

The accord is already sexy but I want to love-vendor it up a little and make it sexier. I'm aiming to achieving this look.

Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by sholarb(m): 6:24pm On May 23, 2020
selfmadeOLX:

My car is this same grey color. I wanted to get an SUV before but the way the pandemic slowed down things, I'd be sticking to the accord for a while.

The accord is already sexy but I want to love-vendor it up a little and make it sexier. I'm aiming to achieving this look.

Grey is beautiful...its my favorite color.
That above is similar to mine...EX-L model. The tint is cool and the wheels give it higher ground clearance.

Looking for higher ground clearance? The modification I did to increase ground clearance was change front struts to after market Monroe V6 struts and staggered rear tyres to 225/55.

I would have loved to install a DVD with rear view camera in mine but then I will loose some cool functions like trip computer etc.

I do plan to change the dashboard and interior door trims to wood Formica at some point.

5 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by BarrSly: 12:15pm On Jun 11, 2020
Jaykizz:

I guess this sums it up. Most of my research says same with the points you highlighted. I guess I will go for the Accord. Thanks for the useful information.

What did you buy bro
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by Jaykizz(m): 9:24pm On Jun 11, 2020
BarrSly:

What did you buy bro

Not bought it yet but purchasing it soon.

I am going for the Accord. I plan to upgrade from 2008 to 2012 model .

I feel the 2012 is the best among the 8th generation Accord, since it is the most recent and problems from the earlier versions would have been corrected in the 2012 version.

Any thoughts?

Do you have an experience to share?
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by BarrSly: 9:29pm On Jun 11, 2020
Same as you brother I am in a state of confusion but I am spreading my choices as I have started looking at the 07/08 Lexus Is250 . God help me make better choice ooo if there’s anything hard in this life it’s the process of choosing a car to buy lol.

Jaykizz:

I feel the 2012 is the best among the 8th generation Accord, since it is the most recent and problems from the earlier versions would have been corrected in the 2012 version.

Any thoughts?

Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by Jaykizz(m): 2:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
BarrSly:

Same as you brother I am in a state of confusion but I am spreading my choices as I have started looking at the 07/08 Lexus Is250 . God help me make better choice ooo if there’s anything hard in this life it’s the process of choosing a car to buy lol.

I don't think the decision is that difficult to make. Every car is uniquely different and would develop faults uniquely, regardless of the model, grade, year and product.

Once a car can be adequately maintained, then it should pose lesser problems than that which lacks maintenance.
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by Eldemmi(m): 4:27pm On Jun 20, 2020
princeogbeide1:

Bro you are fuc*king correct... Honda too get level. They ship more Toyota to Africa than Honda because Honda has a better styling and last longer than toyota shit.. honda makes advanced body styling which is appreciated for decades

To complement u on Advance boddy styling:
More youths use Honda cars of 1990-1997
Whereas the Toyotas of the same years is common among old people in Western Nigeria..
Honda is more beautiful in exterior.

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by Eldemmi(m): 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2020
dicksonadams:
Guys sorry please what is an average price of use Honda accord 08...a seller is billing me 1.3m, 4yesrs,

I think it ranges from 1.1m to 1.5
Cos my boss bought one last year for around 1.2

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by Eldemmi(m): 4:32pm On Jun 20, 2020
kowalsky:

I don't know which jazz Toyota used on Nigerians that warrants the hype the brand gets in this country.

Now people are beginning to see the value of Honda and I'm scared it'll become the popular brand cry cry embarassed

Been using an accord 06 now for two years straight. Only problem I've had was due to negligence. Brake pads were worn out and I didn't notice. Affected the wheel rotors.

Aside from that, which was entirely my fault, not one single fix on that car for two years and counting.

Please how is your transmission fairing cos Honda automatic transmission prior 2007 can be daunting

Pls I need ur feed back and other people dat have use EOD or DC as welll
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by princeogbeide1(m): 8:11pm On Jun 20, 2020
Eldemmi:

To complement u on Advance boddy styling:
More youths use Honda cars of 1990-1997
Whereas the Toyotas of the same years is common among old people in Western Nigeria..
Honda is more beautiful in exterior.

You are right. Toyota doesn't pay much attention to their interior and exterior styling unlike honda which builds their designs ahead of the age..

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by honda001: 8:21pm On Jun 20, 2020
Eldemmi:

I think it ranges from 1.1m to 1.5
Cos my boss bought one last year for around 1.2
hope is still serving ur boss
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by Eldemmi(m): 8:09am On Jun 21, 2020
honda001:
hope is still serving ur boss
yes very well

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by dicksonadams(m): 12:09pm On Jun 21, 2020
Jaykizz:

Any thoughts?

Boss please from your experience what are the common problems with 8th generation
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by Nwunuken(m): 1:03pm On Jun 21, 2020
kowalsky:

hahaha...bro ur right, by time Nigeria are noticing some good things about Honda,the price may likely shot up.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by Jaykizz(m): 8:52pm On Jun 22, 2020
dicksonadams:

Boss please from your experience what are the common problems with 8th generation

The only con I have noticed (and this depends on the individual) is the front sits which are a bit hard and can cause slight pain on the lower back for some people while driving for long hours.

Asides the above, the car is very good.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by kowalsky: 10:27pm On Jun 25, 2020
Eldemmi:

Please how is your transmission fairing cos Honda automatic transmission prior 2007 can be daunting

Pls I need ur feed back and other people dat have use EOD or DC as welll

Transmission is hale and hearty.

Performed an uneventful transmission drain and refill about three weeks ago after the notification minder came up.

Absolutely no issues, so far.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by Eldemmi(m): 1:04pm On Jun 27, 2020
kowalsky:

Performed an uneventful transmission drain and refill about three weeks ago after the notification minder came up.

thanks so much bro
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by Vivianat(f): 1:44am On Aug 09, 2020
kowalsky:

Good
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by Vivianat(f): 1:44am On Aug 09, 2020
Jaykizz:

The only con I have noticed (and this depends on the individual) is the front sits which are a bit hard and can cause slight pain on the lower back for some people while driving for long hours.

This is a serious cause of concern

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by fabienjoe: 10:12pm On Aug 09, 2020
sholarb:
Two years back I was in same dilemma.

No regrets with the Accord till date. Performance is fantastic. Fuel consumption is superb. Reliability is great, depends on how you use and maintain the car.

Should you settle for the Honda ensure to use recommended fluids, OEM parts (toks or new) and avoid bad fuel in order to prolong lifespan of its emission components.

Also have a personal scanner handy to scan for fault codes and avoid quack mechanics.

Sorry, what year of accord did you buy? I'm currently in the market for an Accord. Someone is offering me 2012 accord..
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by sholarb(m): 12:07am On Aug 10, 2020
fabienjoe:

Sorry, what year of accord did you buy? I'm currently in the market for an Accord. Someone is offering me 2012 accord..
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by Jaykizz(m): 5:55am On Aug 13, 2020
fabienjoe:

Is the offer a Nigerian used or Toks?

Are there any differences between the 2010 and 2012 Honda Accord?
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by fabienjoe: 10:37am On Aug 13, 2020
Jaykizz:

Is the offer a Nigerian used or Toks?

Are there any differences between the 2010 and 2012 Honda Accord?

Nigerian used. There could be differences but I haven't taken my time to check them out..
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by amstamon: 4:15pm On Jan 13, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by honda001: 8:37pm On Jan 13, 2021
amstamon:

Bros, no difference. I'm currently using a 2008 accord.
The only difference is the trim (ex, exl,..). If u get a better offer (less year used, affordable and bought toks), bros Bleep the year and go for it. A cheaper and a year used 08 is way better than four years used 12.
Jst make sure it has not seen much use and most importantly it must be bought tok.
are you trying to one can't get a good naija used?
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by billyfranc: 10:49pm On Jan 14, 2021
What of leg pulling common with accord?

Jaykizz:

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by buygala(m): 6:32pm On Jan 16, 2021
amstamon:

Bros, no difference. I'm currently using a 2008 accord.
The only difference is the trim (ex, exl,..). If u get a better offer (less year used, affordable and bought toks), bros Bleep the year and go for it. A cheaper and a year used 08 is way better than four years used 12.
Jst make sure it has not seen much use and most importantly it must be bought tok.

Not true...

Other things being equal, the first year of a car's generation is more problematic than subsequent years where the manufacturers have listened to complaints and made corrections to that generation..

Other things being equal, I will take an 07 accord DC over an 08 with it's plenty cylinder shut-down wahala and other new generation teething problems...this is because the DC embodies all the corrections made to that generation....So as long as I get a good specimen, I am home and drysmiley

For any model I can afford, i try to go for the last year of such model...E get why

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? by Eldemmi(m): 8:19pm On Jan 17, 2021
buygala:

Not true...

Other things being equal, the first year of a car's generation is more problematic than subsequent years where the manufacturers have listened to complaints and made corrections to that generation..

Other things being equal, I will take an 07 accord DC over an 08 with it's plenty cylinder shut-down wahala and other new generation teething problems...this is because the DC embodies all the corrections made to that generation....So as long as I get a good specimen, I am home and drysmiley

For any model I can afford, i try to go for the last year of such model...E get why

best decision
safe option.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Advised Against Honda Accord.... / Best SUV For 1 Million Naira Budget? / Advice On First Car To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.