Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly (41578 Views)

I Finished My Salary Before 24hrs (picture) / Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary / Appointment Terminated Unjustly And The Staff Asked To Refund Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by howmarket2: 1:30pm On May 20, 2020
iLegendd:
This is a master and slave issue.

All men should vow to be masters, not slaves.
lol this one touched the boss.and forced him out.to drop a word.ha ha ha ha.guy I must make it.i ll diversify my income.like a criminal gang lord.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by OVB123: 1:30pm On May 20, 2020
U made a wrong decision by leaving ur former job for a new one. If possible my dear go to ur former boss and plead to him to employ u again in his company. This new one, tendered ur resignation letter because if u fall sick 2moro dat company we not take responsibility.

2 Likes

Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Kokaine(m): 1:30pm On May 20, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
I must leave this country
kai guy! Same here! I'm really tired. If I manage survive what of our kids. The thing is getting worse daily
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by ProtectMyMoney: 1:31pm On May 20, 2020
PhenomenalAustin:
I'm sorry for bothering you all but please hear me out.

I'm rt this on behalf of my uncle.

I
I'm so confused, please I need your opinions, suggestions and help whatsoever..

I'm sorry for bothering you.. Thanks

Please help me out please... My uncle is really down at the moment...

Thanks!

Could you not have requested for proper PPE (face protection) that prevents you from inhaling the chemicals ?

You could Google the type of protection required when handling such Chemicals and send it to your Boss for purchase.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Stephenomozzy(m): 1:32pm On May 20, 2020
PhenomenalAustin:

The misunderstanding was that I complained to him that the chemicals we use during productions was adversely affecting me. In the previous company where I worked, I didn't work during the production of the products as I was allergic to the chemicals used.

The thing with producing businesses is thatzthey are mostly profit and target-driven, having to leave some jobs undone based on an allergy is understandable...... But was the stipulated job in your contract of appointment?

I would have advised that you REQUEST FOR PROTECTIVE CLOTHING or DEVICES that can help minimize your exposure to such chemicals... To a great degree you have a right to that..... Just as your boss has a right to having full hours.

It's highly inconsiderate of him though. But you should try to meet at the middle... Your life is important to you.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Kerryobiora: 1:32pm On May 20, 2020
MICOBIN:
Are you the right person for Ade?
u be mumu. Find another Hustle. Which mumu ade
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by DenreleDave(m): 1:32pm On May 20, 2020
PhenomenalAustin:

Thanks so much for this!

I'll relate this to grateful

Is ur wife on nairaland? Phenomenal22
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Thomthom(m): 1:32pm On May 20, 2020
All this private work palaver.. my next life I want to be a successful business man..
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by FOLLYVENTURES: 1:33pm On May 20, 2020
michlins:
Something about change is that it usually comes with a price

I bet u think u sound smart huh.. Man needs an advice and all u can think of is throwing shade. You're such a Fool. angry
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by gentleg87(m): 1:33pm On May 20, 2020
Though!
I did not hear your boss side,
But I will like to know your location...
If it's within where I can assist you in any form?
Your cours of study?
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Rikidony(m): 1:33pm On May 20, 2020
its good to be a boss, no stress no frustration about salary slash cheesy
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by DenreleDave(m): 1:33pm On May 20, 2020
NwaNimo1:
I would have done the same.......lazy so and so

No sense from u..

Meanwhile don't insult me.. Nna men I b ya bloda grin
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Freelane33(m): 1:34pm On May 20, 2020
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Path24: 1:35pm On May 20, 2020
learn how to pray and ask god for direction in all things. you can start with psalm 32v8.. are you wash in the blood of the lamb?
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by gabrielsizou(m): 1:36pm On May 20, 2020
Sorry bout that.

He should check if its possible to go back to the previous workplace. If it is not he should intensify his effort in getting a job elsewhere while managing the one he has currently and also begging the oga to reconsider.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by hope4nigeria(m): 1:36pm On May 20, 2020
1030:
You can not earn 100% of your salary as long as you were placed on suspension.

If by the end of the month same amount of 40,000 less Housing loan is paid,you can fall back to your appointment letter where terms of employment and renumeration is clearly defined and seek for legal action against the company.

legal action? He will loose the job, and lawyers will drain him. He should be very diplomatic in this situation because getting constant income monthly no matter the amount is not easy in this zoo country.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:37pm On May 20, 2020
You knw you were allergic to those chemicals yet you still accepted to work with them.....dnt knw wat to advice you again
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Openbusiness: 1:38pm On May 20, 2020
PhenomenalAustin:

I'm posting this on behalf of my uncle.

I was working in a company, and was being paid 40,000 a month not including other allowances. A new company called me to work with them as an Officiator and we negotiated a salary of 60,000.

Both companies produce the same products.

They agreed to pay and I resigned from the other company. I started my new job in Oct. last year and was paid all through Oct., Nov. and Dec.

Earlier this year, January precisely, I had a little issue with my boss. The misunderstanding was that I complained to him that the chemicals we use during productions was adversely affecting me. In the previous company where I worked, I didn't work during the production of the products as I was allergic to the chemicals used.

On a working day, during the time for production, he asked me to join in the production but I politely reminded him about my allergies to the chemicals being used. He commanded me while shouting that I should go back and work. I normally have heart burns, dizziness and severe migraines when I'm exposed to these chemicals.
I left during production as the chemical adversely affected me.

The next day, he came and asked if I had finished the work he commanded me to do the previous day. I apologised to him that I didn't because of the chemicals rxns which he knew about. He didn't say anything but from his body language, I thought everything was alright.

I returned the following day, only to receive a 2-week suspension notice. I was surprised and asked about my offense which the General manager told me, the boss was really pissed and so mad at me which I also explained to the GM and he was really surprised as I did no wrong. Nonetheless, he advised I serve my suspension sentence.

After suspension, I was given a review of my salary and my salary was slashed by 20,000 to 40,000 because of the issue...

I was really confused and bewildered because out of the revised 40,000 I receive per month, the company takes 15,000 out of it for my rent loan...

I've been apologising while also pleading with my boss to reconsider his decision as I'm a family man and 25,000 realistically, will not be sufficient for I and my family. He hasn't yet changed his stance.

I'm so confused, please I need your opinions, suggestions and help whatsoever..

I'm sorry for bothering you.. Thanks

Thanks!
Your uncle is a very lazy man. If I were the MD, I will either sack him or reduce his salary to 10k so he can sack himself. What kind of rubbish stunt is he trying to pull? It's like they say, if you can't stand the heat, then get out of the kitchen. It's not by force. It's like a surgeon saying he is allergic to blood, yet he wants to be working in the theatre, it's like a chef saying i'm allergic to the smell of onions, and so the restaurant should not make any food with onions or he won't work yet he wants to be collecting full salary. Is that not madness? I put it to you that your uncle is a lazy man. Otherwise, how can you say you want to work in a factory and not expect to smell chemicals, didn't he know the nature of the job before or does he think the place will be smelling of perfume or maggi? If you are wondering why I called him a very lazy man, looking for stupid excuse to cover his laziness, let me tell you, how much is face mask, like the N95 type that will filter and protect him from inhaling harmful or allergic substance? Instead of him to go and buy that, he wants to be using smell as a stupid excuse to dodge work and still expect full salary because the company is his father's company naw. Mtchwwwww! It's like a person working for a shipping company saying he is a allergic to sea sickness, then oga quit your job and find work on the land and allow someone else who is not allergic to sea sickness take the job na, simple thing.

7 Likes

Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by psucc(m): 1:38pm On May 20, 2020
That is why the pay package should not be the grounds for taking up job offers. If it must, it must be the last.

Now you can see the difference.

Money is not everything.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by ideabuilder: 1:40pm On May 20, 2020
Kokaine:
can you teach me react native for building apps? And how much if you can

I can't as I don't know
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Chibae4real: 1:41pm On May 20, 2020
So sorry dear. i pray you get a better job!
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by InvertedHammer: 1:41pm On May 20, 2020
/
You are not meeting the job requirements.
If the environment is hazardous to your health, then quit. The boss has expectations and your health limitations is his profit limitations.
\

2 Likes

Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Dtruthspeaker: 1:42pm On May 20, 2020
iLegendd:
If you know you have lots of responsibilities or will have lots of responsibilities, try to be a master at all cost — legally.

If you know you won't have any responsibility in life and all money you make is for you and you alone till the end of time, then be a slave.

Just be a master first and don't worry about others yet.

See, yet you people would say that God is not Good!

You and the world says "everyone should aim to be a master, don't care about others"

God says "give to all their wages"; do not muzzle the ox that treads the corn", "care for the poor, give to the needy", "do not oppress the poor".

It is wrongful and wicked for his employer or anyone to unreasonably cut his wages. Under Natural Law, the Court would have reinstated his wages with compensation for the wrongful slashing.

But in the courts established by man, they are very unpredictable because man's courts wants and needs the space to do whatever they like, wrong or right.

While in God's Court and Natural Law it is only Rightness!

Wisely appeal and find a wise lawyer who can play it to your good fortune while preventing the evil prevalent in this world.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by dafeoroyo: 1:43pm On May 20, 2020
Not all open doors are of God
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Kwamecron(m): 1:44pm On May 20, 2020
I av worked in a paint production company, which I av a similar issue with the chemicals...

But I make a good relation with my manager, and try to impress him.
But when it come to missing of chemicals, I do excuse them stylishly.

U don’t av to let them? because that’s a major point to replace u the need be.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Chicent(m): 1:44pm On May 20, 2020
Well your boss concluded that for him to earn 60k is for the complete job description which includes production with the chemicals...

Since he has health challenges he should look for a way around it so as to continue earning the agreed sum... He just have to work with his boss or he leaves the work. No more No less
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:44pm On May 20, 2020
iLegendd:
If you know you have lots of responsibilities or will have lots of responsibilities, try to be a master at all cost — legally.

If you know you won't have any responsibility in life and all money you make is for you and you alone till the end of time, then be a slave.

Just be a master first and don't worry about others yet.
Truer words have never been spoken.
#RESPECT.
We always love your threads, one of them taught us a lot of things in life.
We have referred over a hundred members to that particular thread we are referring to.
Again,
#RESPECT to the living legend! kiss

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by sexylassie2(f): 1:48pm On May 20, 2020
This story is very fuuny

So you are worker in a factory and you cant smell or stand chemicals used for production

Why work in the factory then?

People can be very funny in this country ooh

3 Likes

Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Kobicove(m): 1:48pm On May 20, 2020
PhenomenalAustin:

I'm posting this on behalf of my uncle.

I was working in a company, and was being paid 40,000 a month not...

Thanks!

At the point of interview did you tell your new boss about your allergies and was your job description agreed upon?

How did you protest when he askedbyou to join in the production process?

I hope you were not rude or confrontational cos obviously he views it as an act of in sorbet donation and is indirectly asking you to leave NY slashing your salary.

Bear in mind that when changing jobs, salary should no be the only thing you put into consideration!
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by coolcare(m): 1:51pm On May 20, 2020
There is different between salary review and salary deduction. He got a salary review notice which means subsequently he has been placed on 40,000. If it's deduction, the company will only deduct from one month salary when he got suspended.

The fact is this said company and boss your uncle is working with doesn't care about your uncle safety. He should continue working to keep body and soul together and keep looking out for opportunities. I believe God will answer him soonest.
Re: Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly by Sunisonflex39(m): 1:52pm On May 20, 2020
please who knows how to mention any mods about a thread... https://www.nairaland.com/5870148/plea-financial-assistance-get-digital they need to see this and help me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out / The Ranking Structure Of The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) / Sade Adenuga Is Now A Barrister & Solicitor Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.