Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Ibom Air 4th Aircraft Unveiled By Governor Udom - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ibom Air 4th Aircraft Unveiled By Governor Udom (47271 Views)

Governor Udom Commissions Anua-Mbak-Ishiet Road, Outfall Drain In Uyo (Photos) / Muhammadu Buhari International Airport In Ebonyi Constructed By Governor Umahi / Ibomair To Welcome 2 New Aircrafts By March 2021 - Governor Udom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibom Air 4th Aircraft Unveiled By Governor Udom by Gbagbuo247: 10:53pm On May 20, 2020
Amarabae:
wonderful.
a quiet achiever unlike the noisey toutish governor

If them born you well , call name
Re: Ibom Air 4th Aircraft Unveiled By Governor Udom by influencerja(m): 12:22am On May 21, 2020
wow

1 Like

Re: Ibom Air 4th Aircraft Unveiled By Governor Udom by Anisylva263: 5:12am On May 21, 2020
seunlayi:
This is not the right time of this type of investment unless of it was done before the coro palaver

Yeah... But the order was made and paid for since 2019

1 Like

Re: Ibom Air 4th Aircraft Unveiled By Governor Udom by Uduak24(m): 7:58am On May 21, 2020
Waooo more grace to my able governor. Proudly Akwa Ibomite. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ibom Air 4th Aircraft Unveiled By Governor Udom by aeronot(m): 8:26am On May 21, 2020
shocked Na wa Airlines are shutting down all over the world or reducing staff via-a-vis fleet, Akwa Ibom is buying new plane, am confused. Good move? Or dumb?
Nditoeka:
Governor Udom Emmanuel Unveils New Aircraft For Ibom Air

The Akwa Ibom State aviation industry has expanded with the acquisition of additional Aircraft which steps the number to four in the Ibom Air fleet .

The latest of the Aircraft is a 90 seater, Bombardier CRJ900, registration number 5N-BXP with the latest hyper technology safety device ; High Efficiency Air Filter (HEAF)

Receiving the Aircraft at the Victor Attah International Airport, Uyo , the state governor, Mr. Udom Emmanuel said the aeroplane which has warranty in the domestic aviation is the latest addition to the fleet of Ibom Air.

"this is the latest in this fleet and when you have an airplane that is still within warranty in the domestic aviation, you can bit your chest that have quality product and that safety is assured", he explained.

Governor Emmanuel said that conceptualisation of the state investing in the aviation sector date back to 2016, adding that experts have attested to the quality of Aircraft owned and services operated by Ibom Air.

"....the air efficiency is super so nothing to fear and also our safety standard remains to be beaten by any other airline. I have the assurance of the management of the business that they will maintain instead of going down they will improve as there is room for improvement."

According to him, " one do not have to be afraid flying in the plane because it is fitted with air efficiency including safety-safe-net" and expressed optimism that in no time Ibom Air would be a reference point in the aviation industry of the West African sub region .

Earlier, the Chairman, Ibom Air Limited, Air Commodore Idongesit Nkanga Rtd, Asaid that the Aircraft was expected in the state last December but was delayed because of clearing issues and thanked God for the arrival of the Aircraft.

While explaining that " the plane is backed with modern facilities including hyper technology that is against bacteria and viruses, coronavirus inclusive", he commended the vision of the state administration to venture into the aviation sector, describing the investment as profitable.

Also speaking , the Chief Executive Officer, Ibom Air, Capt. Mfon Udom, said that it is a thing of joy to see the industry expanding and assured of quality service delivery to the teaming passengers on resumption of flight operations.

Highpoint of the event was unveiling of the Aircraft by Governor Udom Emmanuel, assisted by his Deputy Mr Mosses Ekpo, Prelate Sunday Mbang and Bishop Uma Ukpai who prayed for the success of the industry.
Re: Ibom Air 4th Aircraft Unveiled By Governor Udom by Hunchogee: 3:11pm On May 22, 2020
melodyogonna:
I don't think there's much money in aviation in Nigeria. Poor people might out number middle class 10:1 or more.

Nigerians will rather take an 8 hours bus trip to Lagos than take a 1 hour flight.
Talk for yourself
Re: Ibom Air 4th Aircraft Unveiled By Governor Udom by Hunchogee: 3:37pm On May 22, 2020
yaki84:

If we wan consider our stomach, we won't achieve anything in life.
I have spent more than a 20million naira feeding myself.
No house, no car...
This is the best comment in this thread
Re: Ibom Air 4th Aircraft Unveiled By Governor Udom by Hunchogee: 4:04pm On May 22, 2020
imea66gmailco:
This 4th plane is one out of two expected to have arrived by January. The airline projects to have 10 fleets by 2022.
I heard fleet by 2022
Re: Ibom Air 4th Aircraft Unveiled By Governor Udom by Hunchogee: 4:09pm On May 22, 2020
omonnakoda:

From a business perspective it is unlikely to succeed because it is not a purely business decision.
A pure business decision would focus on the most lucrative routes.
This is likely to focus on routes to Uyo which is good from a development perspective but business wise I am not convinced.

It might have been better to focus on servicing oil companies like Mobil
Must you write nonsense...Is Exxommobil a services company. Pls if hate as clown your brain just stay off ok . Mobil is an operator for NNPC is a producing company not services ok
Re: Ibom Air 4th Aircraft Unveiled By Governor Udom by omonnakoda: 4:28pm On May 22, 2020
Hunchogee:

Must you write nonsense...Is Exxommobil a services company. Pls if hate as clown your brain just stay off ok . Mobil is an operator for NNPC is a producing company not services ok

Read and comprehend before talking rubbish
You cannot understand simple English but in your eyes you know everything

Did the post call Mobil a services company

Your problem is English
Who flies workers for Mobil, Shell and such like?
Servicing companies like Bristow helicopters, Caverton etc
That is what I talked about

Positioning the Akwa Ibom business as another servicing company.

You are stupid
Re: Ibom Air 4th Aircraft Unveiled By Governor Udom by imea66gmailco: 6:18pm On May 23, 2020
Hunchogee: I heard fleet by 2022 I mean 10 aircrafts in its fleet
Re: Ibom Air 4th Aircraft Unveiled By Governor Udom by Nairaboy2015: 12:18am On Jun 17, 2020
Gov. Udom overall performance has been average or even below average in my opinion. Most projects are uncompleted even after 5 years and with the impending post Covid recession I doubt if he will complete most of them. However, Ibom air is an A+ achievement which he should be proud of. From the age and quality of the aircraft, The administration, the schedule reliability, they are in a different league compared to other Nigerian airline It is sad that Covid-19 has slowed their progress. Nevertheless, I think Udom can still brag that he has delivered an airline to beat in the Nigerian air space

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Dies In Auto Crash, Hours To Her Trip To The U.S (photos) / Panic As Tanker Falls At Otedola, Lagos. Motorists On The Run (photos, Video) / Flood In Polobubou Tsekelewu, Delta State As Children Swim In Their Classes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.