Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,840 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner (40628 Views)

2023: Group Uncovers Plan To Hijack APGA Rep Ticket For Obi Cubana's Youngerbro / Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads / Army Uncovers Plan To Use Armed Thugs During Elections In Niger Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by Sosoboy4: 12:07am On May 20, 2020
PORT HARCOURT: The Rivers State Government said it has uncovered plans by some citizens of the state living in Abuja to cause a breakdown of law and order in the state to cause declaration of State of Emergency by the Federal Government.

In a statement, yesterday, the Commissioner of Information and Communications, Paulinus Nsirim, noted that the persons involved in this plot started the plans since 2015, but have never succeeded because of God’s intervention.

Nsirim noted that the individuals want to use the Covid-19 to create panic in the state to persuade the FG to declare emergency rule in the state.

He said: “As the build-up for the 2023 elections and jostle for Presidential and Vice-Presidential tickets is gathering momentum, they want to use COVID-19 to create a crisis as if the State is at war with the Federal Government.

“They have decided to create unnecessary tension as if indigenes of Ahoada, Eleme, and Port Harcourt are fighting with Northerners not to carry out their legitimate businesses.

“This is the same thing that the Rivers State Government is doing to protect the State from COVID-19. But here in Rivers State, instead of supporting our efforts, these Abuja politicians are busy looking for the State of Emergency because they want to acquire power.

We are alarmed at these hideous plots against our State. Rivers State has never fought a war with strangers or neighbours. Our fight against COVID-19 is to protect the lives of everyone living and doing business in the State.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/rivers-govt-uncovers-plot-to-declare-emergency-rule/amp/

14 Likes

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by Samuel1402(m): 12:11am On May 20, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by Donkalio: 12:13am On May 20, 2020
Propaganda

110 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by CoronaVirusPro: 12:25am On May 20, 2020
Gibberish!

84 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by michlins(m): 12:32am On May 20, 2020
If there are said plans, common sense requires that you do everything to steer your state clear of it but you drove it right into it. Few weeks ago,I said it here how this is going to play out but many said Wike can withstand the might of the federal government.

My only concern is the common masses who are just leaving the unnecessary lockdown only to be pushed back into curfew and state of emergency.

But anyway, Wike is just ranting now and should not be taken seriously

79 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by cashreport: 2:16am On May 20, 2020
Sweet news

Kick wike out

An evil man

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by slivertongue: 2:39am On May 20, 2020
APC will surely plan but shall surely fail

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by samunaka: 5:06am On May 20, 2020
Cry me oh river, you carry out heinous activity in your state, destroying people's livelihood and later come on air to preempt what the fed govt will do, in order to intimidate them, it's just a matter of time, you will reach a point of no return

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by helinues: 5:08am On May 20, 2020
Propaganda...

Not from Rivers State, from the much concerned people of Republic of Poto.poto

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by chinjo(m): 5:31am On May 20, 2020
With all the killing in Zamfara, Katsina and Kaduna, no state of Emergency were declared there. All northern state governors have been repatriating almajiris and no state of emergency. El-Rufai has been intercepting trucks carrying humans instead of animals and no state of emergency. But an Indigen of rivers state is asking for a state of emergency to be declared in rivers state just because he wants power.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by HarryDuce(m): 7:54am On May 20, 2020
Hmmm. Feels like they're trying to distract us from something else.

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by duro4chang(m): 8:23am On May 20, 2020
I am not convinced?

6 Likes

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by Nobody: 8:24am On May 20, 2020
Alright.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by Adiola(f): 8:25am On May 20, 2020
cashreport:
Sweet news
Kick wike out
An evil man
and bring who in ? a loyal aboki in? no way

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by rummmy: 8:29am On May 20, 2020
helinues:
Propaganda...

Not from Rivers State, from the much concerned people of Republic of Poto.poto
you too like rivers state.. But the form have finished. Manage osun state

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by honfnj: 8:48am On May 20, 2020
My dear friends on Nairaland and Nigerian I v read comments on this platform as regards to the said plan to create chaos in Rivers State... Friends I must advise let's stop playing politic with everything, let's stop showing hate when it concerns people's lives.. I live in Rivers State I am in a good position to enlighten many of us here on this platform on the happenings in Rivers State, I swr I will not add or remove I will say it just the way it is... The said plan is true from what my friend who is one of the taskforce members Manning the boundaries between Rivers State and Akwa ibom told us.. in his words, he said they intercepted 35 Hausa guys carrying Moto bike at the boundary.. u can imagine 35 Hausa guys with Moto bike all the way from Kogi state to Rivers State.. the question now is.. how can some ride a bike in groups all d way from Kogi to Rivers State.. friends let's all come together to have a peaceful Nigeria. God bless Nigeria

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by desiredhome: 9:07am On May 20, 2020
Adiola:
and bring who in ? a loyal aboki in? no way

Does Rivers State look like an Aboki State?
Even at that is what is going on now in Rivers State not worst than the Aboki States

The wicked man runs when no man is chasing him

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by desiredhome: 9:19am On May 20, 2020
honfnj:
My dear friends on Nairaland and Nigerian I v read comments on this platform as regards to the said plan to create chaos in Rivers State... Friends I must advise let's stop playing politic with everything, let's stop showing hate when it concerns people's lives.. I live in Rivers State I am in a good position to enlighten many of us here on this platform on the happenings in Rivers State, I swr I will not add or remove I will say it just the way it is... The said plan is true from what my friend who is one of the taskforce members Manning the boundaries between Rivers State and Akwa ibom told us.. in his words, he said they intercepted 35 Hausa guys carrying Moto bike at the boundary.. u can imagine 35 Hausa guys with Moto bike all the way from Kogi state to Rivers State.. the question now is.. how can some ride a bike in groups all d way from Kogi to Rivers State.. friends let's all come together to have a peaceful Nigeria. God bless Nigeria

Why speaking from both sides of your mouth?.....
With one mouth you are spreading propaganda of what your friend told you, not that you saw them....with same mouth you are calling for one Nigeria, are you confused or what?

So what did your good taskforce friend said was their reason of coming in a motorbike to Rivers State to do? Abi they didn't interrogate them?

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by OBUKSBAYELSA: 9:31am On May 20, 2020
Declaration of a State of emergency would be resisted by the people however, that is not to say that Governor Wike had been above board, the destruction of the hotel in Alode Eleme and Onne was made in bad faith. Wike should make restitution for the action.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by Dakad: 9:52am On May 20, 2020
Wike and propaganda are like 5&6. Up till now the cassette evident he had against one of the commissioner of police who didn't dance to his tone regarding the senatorial rerun election has not been released.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by Adiola(f): 10:19am On May 20, 2020
desiredhome:

Does Rivers State look like an Aboki State?
Even at that is what is going on now in Rivers State not worst than the Aboki States

The wicked man runs when no man is chasing him
if there should be any change, it shouldn't be from the fg

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by Adaibeku(f): 10:21am On May 20, 2020
Is a lose lose 4 me
Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by desiredhome: 10:29am On May 20, 2020
Adiola:
if there should be any change, it shouldn't be from the fg

It's wike that is alleging that.... meanwhile are there elder statemen in the state?
Who is the person that will oppose him without been killed?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by jlinkd78(m): 10:46am On May 20, 2020
Wike has done what d FG couldn't do with 100% compliance being recorded in d declared lockdown even without d Police. Wike should be commended except d FG is complicit in d whole issue. It was d FG that endorsed interstate lockdown and restriction of movt yet ppl with no defined mission are seen daily jampacked like sardines besides goods n livestock travelling down South from d north traversing several states with d security agents collecting money. Wike only offence was looking FG eye ball to eye ball and expose how they are aiding and abetting d sabotage of their own directive.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by maestroferddi: 10:50am On May 20, 2020
Wike should learn to be sensible...

You dont willfully play into your enemy's hands...

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by Afamed: 10:52am On May 20, 2020
slivertongue:
APC will surely plan but shall surely fail
Stop whining, if PMB decides to declare state of emergency in Rivers today, he has all the asernal and heaven will never fall. Obj declared state of emergency in Plateau, Jonathan declared state of emergency in Yobe, Borno And Adamawa states. Heaven remained the same.
Wike ghost is just after Wike here. PMB is not interested in any state of emergency

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by Nobody: 10:53am On May 20, 2020
Wike my man
I'm sure he would resist any directive from the dullard
The Dullard's state needs state of emergency more than any other in this corntree
Yes with all the bandits and killings in Katsina , State of Emergency should be declared now

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by Lordjb: 10:55am On May 20, 2020
Okay
Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by ddippset(m): 10:55am On May 20, 2020
Wike always crying wolf whereas nobody is seeing wolf.

Wike has made up to 100 allegations against the FG since 2015 without bringing any proof and none has come out true.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers Uncovers Plan To Declare State Of Emergency - Commissioner by Hotfreeze: 10:55am On May 20, 2020
Wike thinks he's tough? I laugh

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023. Labour Party Hold It's First Meeting In Gombe State / Boko Haram's Bomb Maker Killed By Shekau's Bodyguard, Another One Goes Blind / Tinubu Banner Spotted At Central Area District , Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.