Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,861 members, 7,806,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos (42887 Views)

NNS Kada Offloads Weapons And Equipment For Nigerian Troops In Guinea Bissau / NNS Kada: Nigerian Navy's New Landing Ship Arrives Lagos (Pictures) / Construction Of NNS Karaduwa (P102): Nigeria's Second Indigenously Built Gunboat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Lanrelagboi: 8:04am On May 20, 2020
Nigeria's re-armament effort is gathering steam. NNS Aradu, 2 x Combattante class missile crafts undergoing repairs at the naval dockyard, Lagos.
https://twitter.com/DefenseNigeria/status/1262803705138733059?s=19

Meko Class frigate NNS Aradu, former flagship of the Nigerian Navy undergoing major extensive refits in Lagos.
https://twitter.com/DefenseNigeria/status/1262815896415997955?s=19

At its prime NNS Aradu was the most powerful warship in Africa. This frigate was armed with 40 ottomat anti-ship missiles in 8 vertical launch tube, 12 aspid missiles for air defence and the most sophisticated air defence fire control radar in the world. Pride of West Africa https:///PxojZiv11F
https://twitter.com/DefenseNigeria/status/1262815899708465153?s=19

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Lanrelagboi: 8:05am On May 20, 2020
More pictures

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by extol1(m): 8:07am On May 20, 2020
anytime I see ship because I am a lover of them, I always remember "the last ship." I think Nigeria can do better than this

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by money121(m): 8:51am On May 20, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by themes009(m): 8:51am On May 20, 2020
Ok next
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Babatunde40(m): 8:51am On May 20, 2020
In topics like this, people rush to be first to comment. Then they have nothing to say after booking space. Lol

I am impressed that we have a dockyard that can do repairs and refitting even if we can't build our own ships yet

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by momodub: 8:51am On May 20, 2020
Nice one
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by ebuk4real(m): 8:51am On May 20, 2020
sad

We are really rich o but bad leadership is our bane ..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by KingAzubuike(f): 8:51am On May 20, 2020
The whole Nigerian navy is no match for ordinary US Coast guards.

With warships like the Abdel Nasser , Egypt and South Africa currently has the best warships and navy in Africa. The Nigerian Navy barely makes the top 7. Even Asari dokubo's boys are better equipped than the Nigerian navy.

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Igbaba2: 8:51am On May 20, 2020
waoooo......massive infrastructure!
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by dawnomike(m): 8:51am On May 20, 2020
Noted... I say weldone to them.
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Administration1: 8:51am On May 20, 2020
Thinking of what to say
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Johnedoh: 8:52am On May 20, 2020
My love for ship knows no bound.. Especially war ships

10 Likes

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Ipromote: 8:52am On May 20, 2020
Aradu talahi

See my siggy
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Joefat: 8:52am On May 20, 2020
I know I go make FCT one day
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by handsomeyinka(m): 8:52am On May 20, 2020
Administration1:
Thinking of what to say
Just say what you think

2 Likes

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by ProfAmaben(m): 8:52am On May 20, 2020
Nigerian Navy 3908 men to one ship

US Navy 34 men to one ship

24 Likes

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Ikegift4real(m): 8:52am On May 20, 2020
lipsrsealed.
repairam well ooo.
make those mechanic no comot some nut ooo if not na oyo for sea ooo

3 Likes

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Kadejo(m): 8:53am On May 20, 2020
Good
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Flyingngel(m): 8:53am On May 20, 2020
Nigeria has one of the best human resources but corruption have kill it.

10 Likes

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Golden057(m): 8:53am On May 20, 2020
Does it carry passengers to Libya How is this a good news for me

1 Like

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by ojun50(m): 8:53am On May 20, 2020
Ok
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by AceRoyal: 8:53am On May 20, 2020
Why the special announcement because of just repairs? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by AmazingELixir: 8:53am On May 20, 2020
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

What is the current standing of Nigerdock...the vision for setting it up seem defeated, after it was sold off to some foreign national as a result of wide ranging corruption and embezzlement...that establishment ought to be building ships middle range aquatic machines and submarines by now if the mission statement is anything to go by..

But then this is Nigeria a country known for her lofty blueprints with shitty executions, Just as the critically acclaimed vision 2020 has placed us in the bottom of every positive global index and at the summit of every negative one.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by StrikeBack(m): 8:53am On May 20, 2020
Nice one
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Racoon(m): 8:53am On May 20, 2020
This ship is a frigate? Cheap glorification.NNS Aradu is too old hence should be decommissioned.Others like NNS Thunder should lead the charge.

10 Likes

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by ABCthings: 8:53am On May 20, 2020
Santa to dash us this, comming December undecided

Iowa Class-Fast Battleship -

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by rawtouch: 8:54am On May 20, 2020
nns aradu old warhorse

10 Likes

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by francis5051: 8:54am On May 20, 2020
Navy ship Looking like a cargo ship can't we own a destroyer or carrier..

10 Likes

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Cutealexio(m): 8:54am On May 20, 2020
Nice move but as it stands now we have only minimal control on pirates causing mayhem in our coastal territories. The government should eradicate this by providing enough gun boats, frigates and Corrvetes. We don't need submarine or aircraft carrier (jet) yet but what we need is at least two helicopter carrier with transport and attack choppers, that can respond to any pirate activities in our coastal territory. I know the Nigerian Navy has an agreement with most neighbouring west African countries and that was why the Nigerian Navy was able to rescue the Chinese fishing vessels that was hijacked at Ivory Coast few days ago. This frigate is too old and it will only be used for training of the personnel that will man the New frigate Nigeria just ordered. Lastly, no Navy can be strong without producing its own ships. China has the second best Navy in the world today and they achieved this by manufacturing their own battle ships and importing few of its weapon system. Nigeria Navy should enlarge its flying wings for Swift operation

8 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bianca Ojukwu Visits The Emir Of Kano (see Colorful Pictures) / Boko Haram Gave Me N200 To Detonate Explosive - Teenage Suicide Bomber / Ekiti Elections: APC Loses Own Online Poll. PDP Wins Its Own (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.