Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,769 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos (42868 Views)

NNS Kada Offloads Weapons And Equipment For Nigerian Troops In Guinea Bissau / NNS Kada: Nigerian Navy's New Landing Ship Arrives Lagos (Pictures) / Construction Of NNS Karaduwa (P102): Nigeria's Second Indigenously Built Gunboat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by themes009(m): 8:54am On May 20, 2020
the most sophisticated air defence fire control radar in the world. Kontinue!!

1 Like

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Nobody: 8:54am On May 20, 2020
Lanrelagboi:
https://twitter.com/DefenseNigeria/status/1262803705138733059?s=19

https://twitter.com/DefenseNigeria/status/1262815896415997955?s=19

https://twitter.com/DefenseNigeria/status/1262815899708465153?s=19

This ship should naturally be the flagship of the Nigerian Navy...

Not that US Coast guard reject called NNS Thunder or whatever.

F89 is the real s#it.

The last NN warship to cross the Equator decommissioned

What the hell? ??

2 Likes

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Rotimi47: 8:54am On May 20, 2020
Thank God if actually true.

This frigate is a badass!!!!! shocked, though from the 80s but it capabilities is still sophisticated by today's standard and can be upgraded to meet present day requirements.

1 Like

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by alabo1: 8:54am On May 20, 2020
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by proff010: 8:54am On May 20, 2020
Top officers don get plenty money
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by crazygod(m): 8:54am On May 20, 2020
Even an ordinary US destroyer big pass this. But we getting there. cool

2 Shares

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by ITbomb(m): 8:58am On May 20, 2020
Is that algae growing in that water?

If water cannot be maintained, what of sensitive equipment in the facility

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by olax02(m): 8:59am On May 20, 2020
Oop...get well soon Aradu..
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Jetjacky(m): 8:59am On May 20, 2020
Will this repairs bring it to par with the most powerful warships out there? No? Then it's a waste of money, money that we "supposedly" don't have.

Lanrelagboi:
More pictures

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Kosoco(m): 9:00am On May 20, 2020
Visionary leaders acquired this Long time Ago....

1 Like

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by gungab(m): 9:00am On May 20, 2020
Salute to all Seaman

2 Likes

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by KingAzubuike(f): 9:02am On May 20, 2020
francis5051:
Navy ship Looking like a cargo ship can't we own a destroyer or carrier..
A carrier? To do what task exactly? The airforce is as good as useless.

1 Like

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Dan18(m): 9:03am On May 20, 2020
Babatunde40:
In topics like this, people rush to be first to comment. Then they have nothing to say after booking space. Lol

I am impressed that we have a dockyard that can do repairs and refitting even if we can't build our own ships yet

They're building already, but smaller ones though
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by MrHighSea: 9:04am On May 20, 2020
KingAzubuike:
The whole Nigerian navy is no match for ordinary US Coast guards.

With warships like the Abdel Nasser , Egypt and South Africa currently has the best warships and navy in Africa. The Nigerian Navy barely makes the top 7. Even Asari dokubo's pirates are better equipped than the Nigerian navy.
US coast guards are not ordinary abeg.

Apprehending steel hearted, rich and "i don't give a f**k about human lives" smugglers and drug kings/queens no be beans.

Tompolo and Shekaru dey use our Navy and Army play ball. Pity.

1 Like

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by RapistOnBail: 9:04am On May 20, 2020
Are we in a war yet?
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by 0taPiaPia(m): 9:05am On May 20, 2020
No be water hyacinth full that water so.. not surprised tho, Nigerian water ways is always so dirty especially Lagos state. They can't even clean the dockyard lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Ichiebillion: 9:05am On May 20, 2020
A world war 2 relic
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:06am On May 20, 2020
About 500 billion to be spent on this repair grin
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by IJOBA2: 9:06am On May 20, 2020
Adetunmbi11:
Hello fellow Nairalanders,

My financial situation is in total disaster right due to the impact of this covid nonesense. Pls anything to assist so I can survive would be highly appreciated. 02.32_4113.31 is my account number. Wema bank.

Thanks
YEASTERNERS AND BEGGING ARE LIKE 5&6 embarassed

1 Like

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Vivian16: 9:07am On May 20, 2020
under whose administration was it acquired So that I go know wetin I wan comment.
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Dynahair15: 9:07am On May 20, 2020
Naija
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Usorohtheman(m): 9:08am On May 20, 2020
partnerinbiz3:
Wonders of science. I bow to the west. Such a progressive and resourceful people. We buy airtime in bulk upto 2m.0909 63002O. Imagine if only Africans existed. The earth would have been worse than hell. Damn it. I mean, damn it.

when I think about the wonders of the west, I just feel God cheated us (the blacks) and at such the whites are superior to us.

Come to think of you, Africans have never made any breakthrough in science here in the shores of Africa. We tend to do better outside here.
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Nobody: 9:08am On May 20, 2020
Babatunde40:
In topics like this, people rush to be first to comment. Then they have nothing to say after booking space. Lol

I am impressed that we have a dockyard that can do repairs and refitting even if we can't build our own ships yet

That is unfortunately the generation of people we have now. They derive joy from first to comment syndrome . Some even announce they are first to comment back to back. Some announce they are first to comment twice a day as if it adds anything positive in their lives, They lay wait on nairaland waiting for new topics so can get in their position of achievement. Now in the cases where they do comment it is only tribal insults you see them coming up with. They are the much touted leaders of tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Nobody: 9:09am On May 20, 2020
KingAzubuike:

With warships like the Abdel Nasser , Egypt and South Africa currently has the best warships and navy in Africa. The Nigerian Navy barely makes the top 7. Even Asari dokubo's boys are better equipped than the Nigerian navy.
what evidence do you have to prove this callous statement

1 Like

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by bizzibodi(m): 9:09am On May 20, 2020
Na that old rusty warhorse....sorry warship that they use petrol to kickstart d diesel engine u dey praise like a new bride?when serious nations are using destroyers I doubt it her guns can fire at a flock of vultures.

1 Like

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by jrusky(m): 9:10am On May 20, 2020
Igbaba2:
waoooo......massive infrastructure!

Infra...what? Do you understand the post at all? Read it again and check the pictures and find what NNS mean?
No offense just trying to put it right to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Okoroawusa: 9:11am On May 20, 2020
I Love PMB
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by faoogoke(m): 9:11am On May 20, 2020
Normally warships of this age are decommissioned.
Its more expensive to maintain in the medium and long term.
And its a frigate class warship.
We should raise the bar and acquire a destroyer class warship or build a frigate class warship in the dockyard.
This ship should be decommissioned please.
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by honeyB2018: 9:11am On May 20, 2020
Now that it is former and undergoing repairs, after the repairs, what is Its future in the Nigerian Navy?
That it's now former,means it has lost its original position in the fleet.
Re: Flagship, NNS Aradu Undergoes Repairs At The Naval Dockyard Lagos by Babatunde40(m): 9:12am On May 20, 2020
KingAzubuike:

With warships like the Abdel Nasser , Egypt and South Africa currently has the best warships and navy in Africa. The Nigerian Navy barely makes the top 7. Even Asari dokubo's boys are better equipped than the Nigerian navy.

Nigeria navy would rather negotiate and collect bribe from militants than face them head on. Them wan die. If you know you know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test / Bianca Ojukwu Visits The Emir Of Kano (see Colorful Pictures) / Senate Presidency: Tinubu Bows To Pressure, Dumps Akume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.