Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

Do You Eat Ogbono Soup? See What The Real Name Of Soup Is. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do You Eat Ogbono Soup? See What The Real Name Of Soup Is. (337 Views)

Exposed! "Amoda Ogunlere" Tinubu's real name / Biography Of Nigerian Big Boy Otunba Cash Real Name Emanuel Aneke / Funniest Memes Of Bbnaija Cee C Real Name Cynthia Nwadiora Hit The Internet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Eat Ogbono Soup? See What The Real Name Of Soup Is. by freeflex: 10:03am On May 20, 2020
If you are in Africa or Nigeria in particular then I know you must have tested one the most delicious soup which we popularly called “ogbono soup”. Mostly in all over Nigeria we call it by that name but not every body know it by it real name except maybe you’re a botanist.

Ogbono as it’s popularly called is also known as bush Mango seeds, this seed is found in the wilds of Africa. The seed are packed with protein and nutrients and are widely known for it’s health benefits. Our ogbono is deliciously aromatic, adds a thickening consistency and an incredible nutty flavor to rich West African Soups/Stews.

I know by now some will be so eager to know the real name of the fruit but don’t worry I’m about heating the nail on it’s head. I personally like ogbono soup a lot especially when it’s seasoned with goat meat. The real name of this delicious fruit we normally called ogbono soup is know as IRVINGIA.

Irvingia is a genus of African and Southeast Asian trees in the family Irvingiaceae, sometimes known by the common name wild mango, African mango, bush mango, dika or ogbono. They bear edible mango-like fruits, and are especially valued for their fat- and protein-rich nuts.

Some researches suggests that taking Irvingia gabonensis by mouth daily for one month reduces blood sugar, total cholesterol, and triglycerides and increases “good” high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol in people with type 2 diabetes.

if you never know the real name of this fruit before share for some to know it as well and drop your comment if you already know it. “Stay safe Nigeria”

see more stories https://myfreeflex.com.ng/forums/topic/do-you-eat-ogbono-soup-see-what-the-real-name-of-soup-is/
Re: Do You Eat Ogbono Soup? See What The Real Name Of Soup Is. by saxietohgbaskie(m): 10:11am On May 20, 2020
Did you call it ogbono and it didn't answer?? grin
Re: Do You Eat Ogbono Soup? See What The Real Name Of Soup Is. by Nonso92(m): 10:17am On May 20, 2020
saxietohgbaskie:
Did you call it ogbono and it didn't answer?? grin

I weak oo

OP, go to the market and tell them you want to buy IRVINGIA, then come back here with your findings.

I dey wait.

1 Like

Re: Do You Eat Ogbono Soup? See What The Real Name Of Soup Is. by ojun50(m): 10:30am On May 20, 2020
Customer : Madam I won buy IRVINGIA
Madam : the next shop you go see there
Re: Do You Eat Ogbono Soup? See What The Real Name Of Soup Is. by illicit(m): 11:08am On May 20, 2020
Ogbono sounds delicious than irvingia
Irvingia sounds like a disease.
Why do we give things found in Africa oyinbo names self

(1) (Reply)

Gov Uzodimma Reduces Broadband Right Of Way From N4500 To N145 Per Meter In Imo / Tips On How To Retrieve Your Money After Being Scammed. / Nigerian Army in Senegal With British Army (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.