Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment (28231 Views)

Godwin Udo: Doctors Begin Strike Over Kidnapped Colleague In Cross River / Ogun Doctors Begin Strike Today Over Welfare Package / Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by Beverlyjean(f): 2:53pm On May 20, 2020
When other countries are praising honouring and treating their doctors like A list celebs...our country de treat ours like criminals...smh

1 Like

Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by Ohiozoje(m): 2:59pm On May 20, 2020
Help a fellow nairalander.
I haven't resume work yet and I am so broke.
Pls help a brother in need. I can't feed myself.
01_6_28_7_79_16 g_t_b
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:04pm On May 20, 2020
The Lagos CP should be redeployed since he is the one confusing his men. How could a Commissioner of Police in Lagos say there should not be essential services workers and stop doctors, nurses, pharmacists and other health workers from going about their businesses?
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by Youngzero2(m): 3:09pm On May 20, 2020
Rv
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by Charly68: 3:18pm On May 20, 2020
The federal Govt should sack their boss for insubordination..By then their head will be correct..they should tell who the master is..whether it is I.G or President . Why would a simple instruction be given and they won't comply with it.
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by Faheedat: 3:24pm On May 20, 2020
Yes Police is your friend,But if our Polcemen can exibit the kind of energy that they are using against All the essential workers at the borders of all the 36 states in Nigeria, we are not supposed to be in this mess,imagine somebody travel from Lagos to Enugu as weekly as Kano to River states and we are saying no interstate movement but you cannot move from one Local government to another in Lagos? Endtime is near ,we are all in trouble?
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by googi: 3:27pm On May 20, 2020
Even doctors cannot do their job in peace again? It is hard enough trying to shoulder the responsibility of this period with all the emotional readiness.

To be distracted by Police on top of all these sound incredible. But in Nigeria extreme senselessness deserve extreme reaction.

As much as I wish there are other options open to doctors.
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by Mawex(m): 3:27pm On May 20, 2020
Expressvisanaij:
Are you about to apply for Visa Or has your Visa application been unfairly refused,would you like to study, live and work abroad and need school admission, student Visa or work permit? Need a Visa to USA, Canada,Australia etc? We have done it for others. We will do it for you. BLUESEA TRAVEL AND TOUR, is the number one Visa assistance/ Immigration service provider in Nigeria with proven record of competence, integrity, professionalism and international best practice.O::8::O::3::4::2::7::1::9::3::2 FOR MORE INFO

School are closed worldwide, airports the same thing and yet you want scam people, did you people thing illiterate people come to nairaland, bros enjoy the lockdown while it last and make sure you get some sense after, don't mind replying me because I don't reply twice to idiots. Enjoy. Regards
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by Mawex(m): 3:31pm On May 20, 2020
Ghostmode2two:
The Lagos CP should be redeployed since he is the one confusing his men. How could a Commissioner of Police in Lagos say there should not be essential services workers and stop doctors, nurses, pharmacists and other health workers from going about their businesses?

Hahahahahah, Nigeria is a joke, ordinary police CP can disobey the president's directive and still wear uniform go office the next day, no wonder we're still in the same place for years.
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by mordred44: 3:33pm On May 20, 2020
Egungun is about to cross the express
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by Mawex(m): 3:34pm On May 20, 2020
Limitlessss:
NPF Kilode? Are you sure they understand the meaning of essential workers? I was told that most police officers no go ...

Them no go school, talk am loud.
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by Omijin: 3:41pm On May 20, 2020
I think is high time those civil defence guys take over from police. They look more responsible, responsive, agile and ready to work compared to those men in black who will take off their uniform on hearing gunshot from an unknown location. A senior police officer is still in the hospital currently receiving treatment, he broke his one of his legs for trying to jump a fence during a rubbery attack. The rubbers divided themselves into two, a group faced the Uba bank which is the target, the other group faced the police station. The police ran into the Bush. At the end. A police was killed and a 4 or 5 years old girl... The rubbers set their patrol vehicle on fire. That was the first day I heard the sound of dynamite. The sound is huge. The bullet proof door of the bank was removed completely by the dynamite.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by Realadey(m): 3:46pm On May 20, 2020
Many Presidents in just a country, imagine IG ordering all d essential workers not to be exempted from curfew, it shows the nation is on autopilot.
I don forget say SGF was the one who ordered another 2 weeks of partial lockdown

1 Like

Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by Rossycee(f): 3:52pm On May 20, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
Good development
But this is not good ooo they shouldn’t go for a strike ooo

But are the doctor not aware about the curvew by 8 is there any means of identification so that the police wil be aware that they are doctors

Am very sure the police will harass them anyhow

Nigeria police just be like Garri and epa
So you mean that if there is a case of an emergency they should abandon the patient and run home to beat the curfew?
The NPF is to blame, they are not meant to be harassed. The 8pm curfew shouldn't be applicable to them, so if they decide to sit at home they are not to be blamed.
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by armadeo(m): 3:53pm On May 20, 2020
Eddee:
NPF - Nigerian Police Farce

You give fully automatic rifles to lazy, ill-trained, underpaid, demotivated and retired cultists who have no regard for human life and expect them to act civilized?

I will say drain the swamp and completely reform the Police, but then again the enemy is everyone of us... Talk to your father, mother, brother, sister, cousin, nephew, niece in the Police Force to change. After all charity begins at home and [b]everyone of us has someone he/she knows in the Forc[/b]e.

I was about to deny this when pictures of people I know who are police officers flashed in my memory.

You are right.

That doesnt make us like them anyway
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by armadeo(m): 3:56pm On May 20, 2020
packman:
Police very useless people.... how would you Harassment Doctor at Such A Convid 19.. TIME LIKE THIS

Ok Doctors In Nigeria are another set of foolish people

Every little thing Sit at Home... Who are you guys threatening... I just wonder at times...

At such a perilous time.. You are issuing out threats of sitting at Home....

... ARE THEY NOT APPROPRIATE CHANNELS THAT CAN HANDLE THE POLICE FORCE IF REPORTED...

I Just don't understand Nigeria System... I swear no patriotism...

ARE YOU A DEVELOPER or ASPIRING TO BE ONE

ARE YOU TIRED OF BEING A LONE RANGER... JOIN THE BUS.

Abeg go siddon.

Didnt you see that pharmacist that was arrested and spent the night in the cooler after asking him for bribe.

Last last they told him sorry but he cooled off in cell and is traumatized for life.

On this issue I fully support. What sort of imbecilic is order is this. So if it takes 20minutes to get to my house and an emergency comes at 7. 30. I should sleep on the road or one drunkard will use me to shine.
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by Biafranguy1(m): 3:57pm On May 20, 2020
Can something come out from a zoo. Useless idiot.s
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by etrange: 3:57pm On May 20, 2020
seunlayi:
Government should please listen and do whatever this association needs now, they are our soldiers, they are in the battle front, we are looking up to them we should not allow our men in black to continue to sabotage our system.

I pray Brazil present experience will not be ours

https://www.nairaland.com/5870604/coronavirus-brazil-records-third-highest-covid-19

Lol... A good deal of Nigerian doctors have not come in contact with any corona patient. But yeah, there are other sick people who need their attention too. I just feel it's unfair the way they threaten the government easily this corona period. It Abuja doctors, now it's Lagos'. These could have been better settled with extensive dialogue. True that our government only acts when action is taken but strike should be far down the line of resorts.
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by armadeo(m): 3:59pm On May 20, 2020
24kmagic:
That's their business.
They've been going to work and people are still dying, (even more than some black nations).
So what difference will sitting at home make?

Police are harrasing everybody, why should their own be different?

Oh! Because they have MBBS degree.

Drs in Nigeria just want to be worshipped and seen like God.

Sha, e concern people whe get Corona virus

Theres a reason they are called essential workers. Time isnt a factor with them.
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by onyxo76(m): 4:04pm On May 20, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
Good development
But this is not good ooo they shouldn’t go for a strike ooo

But are the doctor not aware about the curvew by 8 is there any means of identification so that the police wil be aware that they are doctors

Am very sure the police will harass them anyhow

Nigeria police just be like Garri and epa
bros you funny o, upon id card, you dey inside ambulance with siren ,dem go still arrest you, better for then to stay at home and enjoy their sleep
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by muteki: 4:07pm On May 20, 2020
This is not a good time for these doctors to sit at home....bad timing
Government has to do something about this whole police and military harassments

References:

https://ait.live/covid-19-doctors-in-lagos-embark-on-indefinite-sit-at-home-strike/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by adewumiopeyemi(m): 4:07pm On May 20, 2020
CHAI or they can even throw away idcard sef Na Nigeria we Dey
onyxo76:
bros you funny o, upon id card, you dey inside ambulance with siren ,dem go still arrest you, better for then to stay at home and enjoy their sleep
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by onyxo76(m): 4:10pm On May 20, 2020
Bellotelli:
Doctors and lecturers always looking for slight excuse to strike
slight you say? better pray that you or your loved don't ever encounter a medical emergency, then you will remember these words of yours
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by Obas101(m): 4:11pm On May 20, 2020
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by onyxo76(m): 4:12pm On May 20, 2020
24kmagic:
That's their business.
They've been going to work and people are still dying, (even more than some black nations).
So what difference will sitting at home make?

Police are harrasing everybody, why should their own be different?

Oh! Because they have MBBS degree.

Drs in Nigeria just want to be worshipped and seen like God.

Sha, e concern people whe get Corona virus
like god, since you can't save yourself if you develop testicular torsion.
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by onegig(m): 4:19pm On May 20, 2020
I support them on this. Please sit home let the Police officer dishing those rules come man the hospitals.

Shey the government doesn't have common sense abi? Then let everyone wait till we have no carers for the ill.

You have people risking their lives with meagre pay and extremely poor working conditions to save others and one stupid Police Officer is somewhere dishing out rules negating the orders from the President.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by sizer07: 4:43pm On May 20, 2020
Olokpas will always be olokpa one of them nack me catch me mugu today police and bribe hmmmm. My fault sha cuz car papers expired. No amount of begging could save me oh.I even spoke pigin igbo to convinced this my bloooddda from the east(am nt frm d east sha) to tamper justice with mercy at this CORO period. Tueh........ for where,olokpa no gree say no be beg him comot to chop today. Me begin, abt two other drivers are still begin on the same issue. I notice EZE finger was going toward trigger.to make matters worst it was a lonely road . No be anybody tell me to go comb my car bring all d cash gii olokpa lubolubo to avoid story that touched.a hungry looking EZE to come and do the undo for my head, mba num . My take is since they have become hostile towards Drs ,they shd send them all to go and treat covid-19 patients period.

Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by DonTattaglia: 4:53pm On May 20, 2020
packman:
Police very useless people.... how would you Harassment Doctor at Such A Convid 19.. TIME LIKE THIS

Ok Doctors In Nigeria are another set of foolish people

Every little thing Sit at Home... Who are you guys threatening... I just wonder at times...

At such a perilous time.. You are issuing out threats of sitting at Home....

... ARE THEY NOT APPROPRIATE CHANNELS THAT CAN HANDLE THE POLICE FORCE IF REPORTED...

I Just don't understand Nigeria System... I swear no patriotism...

ARE YOU A DEVELOPER or ASPIRING TO BE ONE

ARE YOU TIRED OF BEING A LONE RANGER... JOIN THE BUS.

U certainly have your brains stuffed into your anus. Anuofia.
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by Laslaslala: 5:01pm On May 20, 2020
Eddee:
NPF - Nigerian Police Farce

You give fully automatic rifles to lazy, ill-trained, underpaid, demotivated and retired cultists who have no regard for human life and expect them to act civilized?

I will say drain the swamp and completely reform the Police, but then again the enemy is everyone of us... Talk to your father, mother, brother, sister, cousin, nephew, niece in the Police Force to change. After all charity begins at home and everyone of us has someone he/she knows in the Force.
you were at first making sense
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by anthropizzy(m): 5:13pm On May 20, 2020
A very good action embarked upon by the doctors. Very miserable Nigeria police.so disgusting
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment by hollywater: 7:12pm On May 20, 2020
The Zoo has finally destroyed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help! I'm Addicted To Bread And Beans / Man Coughs To Death In Akure While Waiting For Taxi / Lady Commits Suicide Hours After Her Boyfriend's Death In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.