Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,487 members, 7,781,461 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:49 PM

Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide (70263 Views)

Ogoo N'egbu Azu Is Best Fresh Fish Joint In Nnewi / Human-sized Catfish Caught In Niger Delta (photo) / Palm Oil And Cray Fish From Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 20, 2020
beewhy5050:

You have said it all. What else do we expect when we are still being governed by the same set of people who refuse to leave the government since we got the country became a Republic. All they care about is stashing millions of dollars in foreign accounts and acquiring numerous properties.

They have sold out this country. Though I was a child during Abacha's regime but I remember things were not this bad. Democracy has destroyed what was left of Nigeria,it was an invitation for all the satanic political elites to loot this country dry.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Iceberg3: 7:58pm On May 20, 2020
Marine50:

How is it a corse those complaining, they collect wages and salaries monthly, they have scholarships for their kids , etc most of dem in my sch Amenty students so wat else do they want

What else do they want, Abi?

God will visit you all.

You can take away all the amnesty and whatever you think you are giving them which actually something that belongs to them in the 1st place. Take everything away and take away the crude.
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Exc2000: 8:03pm On May 20, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:

They have sold out this country. Though I was a child during Abacha's regime but I remember things were not this bad. Democracy has destroyed what was left of Nigeria,it was an invitation for all the satanic political elites to loot this country dry.

honestly Abacha days was not this bad I can testify
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by stephessie1907(m): 8:03pm On May 20, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

the problem here is poverty, greed and stupidity

an Oil producing State shouldn't even have Fishermen as indegine... you cant see a Texas , Oklahoma or Alaska indegine in America or Alberta, Saskatchewan, province indigene in Canada or Abudhadi, Dubai and Sharjah emaratis who is still a fisherman in 2020 while his state Oil is being sold for billions of dollars daily on internation crude oil markets..

Oil producing states in the world are known to house refineries , chemical producing industries, plastic and pvc factories, fertilizer plants and gas powered power plant, with plenty white collar jobs for indegenes

lets say Oil is found in my very own Ibadan, nobody.. I repeat no fucking body would have the balls to come into Oyo state to come and explore our Oil.. we go don harvest their heads use them for sacrifice

Lol. Empty chest beater. What exactly would you do? Are you above FG who has given these oil firms go ahead to destroy the environment in the name of drilling oil?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by stanluiz(m): 8:04pm On May 20, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

an Oil producing State shouldn't even have Fishermen as indegine... you cant see a Texas , Oklahoma or Alaska indegine in America or Alberta, Saskatchewan, province indigene in Canada or Abudhadi, Dubai and Sharjah emaratis who is still a fisherman in 2020 while his state Oil is being sold for billions of dollars daily on internation crude oil markets..

Oil producing states in the world are known to house refineries , chemical producing industries, plastic and pvc factories, fertilizer plants and gas powered power plant, with plenty white collar jobs for indegenes

lets say Oil is found in my very own Ibadan, nobody.. I repeat no fucking body would have the balls to come into Oyo state to come and explore our Oil.. we go don harvest their heads use them for sacrifice

How can they have those industries you listed when they region is unsafe for investors.

Niger Delta region is very hostile and sometimes they behave like stupid and uncivilized set of people. When they have militant and avengers like tompolo, asari dokubo Sam ateke etc that blow oil pipeline, destroy oil facility and kidnapped multinational foreigners working in they region just for they selfish interest what do you expect ?

What about the piracy in the gulf of guinea caused by Niger Delta militant .

Even they political elites are very corrupt.
They have the worst corrupt elites in Nigeria.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by HappyPagan: 8:05pm On May 20, 2020
TheEffective:
shocked

Without sentiments, Niger delta is arguably the dumbest region in Nigeria. I have never seen a region full of potentials yet highly unwise, tactically impotent. Full with people who bear European names but archaic in thinking, strategy, and objectivity.

If you feel offended, I owe you no apologies but a request that you think of strategic ways to better your people. The same old play book of gra gra and much ado has not gotten the region anywhere.

If I go full frontal on ND, this thread will burst into flames. Flames of truth anyway.

grin grin.
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by nairaman66(m): 8:05pm On May 20, 2020
TheEffective:
shocked

Without sentiments, Niger delta is arguably the dumbest region in Nigeria. I have never seen a region full of potentials yet highly unwise, tactically impotent. Full with people who bear European names but archaic in thinking, strategy, and objectivity.

If you feel offended, I owe you no apologies but a request that you think of strategic ways to better your people. The same old play book of gra gra and much ado has not gotten the region anywhere.

If I go full frontal on ND, this thread will burst into flames. Flames of truth anyway.

Very dumb analysis from you. You guys from the west in connivance with the North are to blame for these atrocities of inhuman treatment of the South. When youths take up arms in reaction to these imbalance, you guys will scream blue murder.

There are implementations from the PIB which after how many years has since not been passed in the Nigerian hollowed chambers, or is the ND to be blamed for this as well? Please try and get facts checked very well before going all out on someone!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by stanluiz(m): 8:06pm On May 20, 2020
Exc2000:

honestly Abacha days was not this bad I can testify
The same abacha that steal and looted billions of dollars. Money that is meant for future generations.

Every Nigeria government is corrupt both military and democratic government.

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Tomjazzy2: 8:06pm On May 20, 2020
TheEffective:
shocked

As much as I share most of the sentiments depicted in your post, I totally disagree that they're only peculiar problems of the ND.
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by nairaman66(m): 8:08pm On May 20, 2020
stanluiz:
How can they have those industries you listed when they region is unsafe for investors.

Niger Delta region is very hostile and sometimes they behave like stupid and uncivilized set of people. When they have militant and avengers like tompolo, asari dokubo Sam ateke etc that blow oil pipeline, destroy oil facility and kidnapped multinational foreigners working in they region just for they selfish interest what do you expect ?

What about the piracy in the gulf of guinea caused by Niger Delta militant .

Even they political elites are very corrupt.
They have the worst corrupt elites in Nigeria.

Another dumb post! Where were these names 10-20 years ago? Nigeria as a nation have been exploring and selling off billions of barrels of crude, before that region became restive (at some point)! What were the palliatives given to host communities?

Please don’t go about spilling rubbish in public forums without hard facts!

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Dollabiz: 8:09pm On May 20, 2020
Elshaddai
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by emezuo17: 8:10pm On May 20, 2020
amNIGERIA:
Nigeria: Oil rig and platform in avoidable fire accident.

Fresh fish from Niger Delta rivers contain crude oil, while rig is on fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEkLlayrUTE
. I have been on a burning rig before, it's not an experience I wish to see or encounter again, it's not funny my people.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Exc2000: 8:11pm On May 20, 2020
stanluiz:
The same abacha that steal and looted billions of dollars. Money that is meant for future generations.

Every Nigeria government is corrupt both military and democratic government.

corruption is one thing, quality and standard of life of the citizen is another everything seems to have collapsed under Democracy and Corruption seem to have being institutionalized

everything that was estimated that Abacha stole, isn't up to Obasanjo's $10bn USD Power Scam or Jonathan / Dasuki / Allison Madueke total loot, when this regime also goes we shall all see another season film of corruption

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Carlmax(m): 8:13pm On May 20, 2020
TheEffective:
shocked

What do you want us to do, we are in a union where decisions are not made by us but by Abuja... Why exactly are you insulting the people of Niger-Delta, we are nothing but victims here... Please I need you to burst into flames cause I want to know what we did wrong.
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Asadujames202(m): 8:14pm On May 20, 2020
Imagine pumping in several billion dollars to rebuild the North East.

Why Ogoni land remains uncleansed.

When oil becomes less useful and more useless

When shiiiithole finally divides, who the biggest loser
Polluted land ain't good for agriculture.

Surely Saro wiwa died for nothing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by bigiyaro(m): 8:18pm On May 20, 2020
ValCon888:
It's been almost four years Buhari promised to clean up the Niger-Delta yet the situation keeps getting worse.

This government is a sham and a scam.

expecting bubu from a desert region to care for the Niger delta is like asking a hungry man to feed you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Openbusiness: 8:18pm On May 20, 2020
TheEffective:
shocked

Burst the flame joh, I dey sell petrol grin
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 20, 2020
Tango123:

Grass is found there, and some herders are doing what they want. What did you do?

And how much is the grass worth in the international market? Didinrin!
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by stanluiz(m): 8:20pm On May 20, 2020
21cents:
I thought the ND receives 13% derivation for cleanups. what are they doing with the money?
They political elites have looted the money. Store them in foreign banks and use the rest to buy properties in Dubai, UK ,US etc just like the criminal former governor of Delta State James ibori.

With the oil money they received from the FG and multinational oil companies and indigenous oil companies paying tax. Niger Delta states like Delta, rivers , bayelsa and akwa ibom should be like oman , Kuwait, UAE etc but the reverse is the case.

Go the bayelsa and see the poverty there. You will shed tears. What are they just fishermen.

3 Likes

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Mightyhaiz: 8:22pm On May 20, 2020
Igbochief001:
There are people I don't pity in this country ...middle belt and ijaws ( Niger Delta)

Both are comfortable with maltreatment honestly ...how can you be producing oil and north controls nnpc ....

Me I like the fact south east oil are untapped ..let it remain like that
my guy, them no comfortable anything o.. U never know wetin be Nigeria..
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by pompeiimagnus: 8:22pm On May 20, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

lets say Oil is found in my very own Ibadan, nobody.. I repeat no fucking body would have the balls to come into Oyo state to come and explore our Oil.. we go don harvest their heads use them for sacrifice... buying barren land without Oil sef, Omo Onile would extort you till there satisfied before you can start any foundation not to talk of Oil Rig

Sadly in Naija, oil mining and production rights (OPL/OML) are awarded by the Federal government and all revenue from oil also goes back to the same federal government.

In Texas, if oil is discovered in your family land, you own the rights to it and can decide how much to sell it for. So I really don't blame the Niger Delta people. They've been ripped off by Nigeria for the past 40 years.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by ProT: 8:23pm On May 20, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

an Oil producing State shouldn't even have Fishermen as indegine... you cant see a Texas , Oklahoma or Alaska indegine/ land owning family in America or Alberta, Saskatchewan, province indigene/ residence in Canada or Abudhadi, Dubai and Sharjah Emaratis who is still a fisherman in 2020 while his state Oil is being sold for billions of dollars daily on internation crude oil markets..

lets say Oil is found in my very own Ibadan, nobody.. I repeat no fucking body would have the balls to come into Oyo state to come and explore our Oil.. we go don harvest their heads use them for sacrifice... buying barren land without Oil sef, Omo Onile would extort you till there satisfied before you can start any foundation not to talk of Oil Rig

If by tomorrow morning, oil is discovered (in commercial quantity) in Ibadan, Shell would be there, they would drill the oil, AND NOTHING WOULD HAPPEN.

Nigeria (including Ibadan) and her resources belong to Her Britannic Majesty.
No need making wild claims becos the scenario has a zero percent chance of happening.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by overlord77: 8:25pm On May 20, 2020
PositiveDirect:
This is how these oil firms keep destroying the environment.

You people should come and see this for yourselves

The pipelines your brother's burst for bunkering which one is worse.
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Nairalandmonika: 8:27pm On May 20, 2020
TheEffective:
shocked

Am from Niger Delta and u are right.
The major problem with Niger Deltan is unity, we are not United at all, ijaw don't trust itsekiri, itsekiri don't trust urhobo, and so on.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by nairaman66(m): 8:28pm On May 20, 2020
stanluiz:
They political elites have looted the money. Store them in foreign banks and use the rest to buy properties in Dubai, UK ,US etc just like the criminal former governor of Delta State James ibori.

With the oil money they received from the FG and multinational oil companies and indigenous oil companies paying tax. Niger Delta states like Delta, rivers , bayelsa and akwa ibom should be like oman , Kuwait, UAE etc but the reverse is the case.

Go the bayelsa and see the poverty there. You will shed tears. What are they just fishermen.

And where would the federal government be in? Heaven I guess.. 13% derivation is stupid mathematics!

Oil producing states are supposing to be giving the federal government 13%. What has the federal government done with trillions of dollars accrued from oil sales?

With current depleted foreign reserves, Nigeria is an expired product trying to be sold in a competitive world.

4 Likes

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by pompeiimagnus: 8:28pm On May 20, 2020
Carlmax:

What do you want us to do, we are in a union where decisions are not made by us but by Abuja... Why exactly are you insulting the people of Niger-Delta, we are nothing but victims here... Please I need you to burst into flames cause I want to know what we did wrong.

I don't know his train of thought but I am surprised that Niger Delta leaders and people still believe in one Nigeria. Y'all are sadly divided by APC and PDP, when you should be fighting for restructuring the country to a system where you own all rights to revenue generated from resources in your region.

Sadly, there's actually no hope for a better future in that region because the world is gradually turning away from oil.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by codemaniacs: 8:28pm On May 20, 2020
zz

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Nairalandmonika: 8:31pm On May 20, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

an Oil producing State shouldn't even have Fishermen as indegine... you cant see a Texas , Oklahoma or Alaska indegine/ land owning family in America or Alberta, Saskatchewan, province indigene/ residence in Canada or Abudhadi, Dubai and Sharjah Emaratis who is still a fisherman in 2020 while his state Oil is being sold for billions of dollars daily on internation crude oil markets..

But when Niger Delta boys dey do gragra dey kidnap oyibo and shut down these big company operation na una still dey complain say we too worry.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by stanluiz(m): 8:31pm On May 20, 2020
Exc2000:

corruption is one thing, quality and standard of life of the citizen is another everything seems to have collapsed under Democracy and Corruption seem to have being institutionalized

everything that was estimated that Abacha stole, isn't up to Obasanjo's $10bn USD Power Scam or Jonathan / Dasuki / Allison Madueke total loot, when this regime also goes we shall all see another season film of corruption
Corruption was institutionalized when that evil genus that called himself IBB implement that devilish IMF policy of structural integration plan in 1986 to 1990 . That policy devalue our naira . That leads to massive suffering and hardship. It took us backward.

That was when Corruption was given birth.
And it was under military regime.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:32pm On May 20, 2020
PositiveDirect:
This is how these oil firms keep destroying the environment.

You people should come and see this for yourselves

By Toyin Akinosho

A Hydraulic workover rig Grace-1 HWU, working for the Nigerian independent Guarantee Petroleum, burst into flames over the weekend in the course of re-entry operations on the Ororo-1 well in shallow water Oil Mining Lease (OML) 95.

The incident was the culmination of a well control situation that had been shaping up since mid -April.

Field data indicate that, in late April, technicians had put the well under control after it had released fluid to surface through malfunctioned Blow Out Preventer (BOP) on the rig, owned by Joeny Holdings Limited. “Well is stable and gas leak at the same level as at when BOP was closed-in. No increase in gas flow”, the report indicated as of April 22, 2020.

But by May 15, the wellhead had caught fire.

“All the personnel had been successfully evacuated off the 300 Series SEWOP (Self Elevating Work-Over Platform)”, reported Guarantee Petroleum, operator of the Ororo field. But the Platform itself had not been moved from the site.

The company had written the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), the industry regulatory agency, since April 23rd, requesting for approval to carry out the needed containment of the flow of gas and fluid droplets from the wellhead. Guarantee claims that the regulator did not dignify it with a response.

DPR spokespersons dd not have any comments on the matter.

Guarantee’s licence to Ororo field had been revoked by the Nigerian government, through the DPR, on April 7, 2020, but the company was deep in the middle of the re-entry operations when the letter came.

DPR’s refusal to respond, in the last month, to Guarantee Petroleum’s correspondences, may have to do with the regulator’s consideration that the company no longer had a right to the field. But that itself throws up a question: How can you revoke a licence right in the middle of operations you have yourself approved? See related story.

On May 15, after the fire incident started, Guarantee Petroleum sought DPR’s approval to use dispersants “and other needed materials “around the well and environs “to avoid loss of lives and further pollution of the communities affected”.

It also said it contacted Chevron Nigeria and Halliburton (the American oil service provider) for help. Chevron, an E&P major, is the operator of OML 95, the acreage from which Ororo field was ringfenced.

Esimaje Brikinn, Chevron’s General Manager, Public Affairs explained to Africa Oil+Gas Report that “the affected facility is a third-party facility and it is not operated by Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) or any of its affiliates”. He added that the company was “prepared to provide necessary emergency response assistance in accordance with petroleum industry emergency response protocol, to help address the situation, if required. CNL remains committed to safety of the people and the environment. CNL will continue working with relevant regulatory agencies and other stakeholders on protection of the environment”.

Grace-1 HWU had been on the well since October 2019.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by nairaman66(m): 8:33pm On May 20, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Am from Niger Delta and u are right.
The major problem with Niger Deltan is unity, we are not United at all, ijaw don't trust itsekiri, itsekiri don't trust urhobo, and so on.

My brother, this is not a problem of unity. It’s a different thing entirely! The root cause of the current situation of the Niger delta is neglect! Neglect from the federal government, neglect from IOCs because the federal government do not know it’s functions!

How do you expect IOCs to respect trade agreements when there is not even a blueprint of how its regulations/functions are run! The petroleum industry bill has not been passed! Nigeria do know how many barrel of oil is being sold as we speak! What kind of stupidd government does this kind of thing?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aju Mbaise For Flat Tummy / 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die / Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.