Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide (70387 Views)

Ogoo N'egbu Azu Is Best Fresh Fish Joint In Nnewi / Human-sized Catfish Caught In Niger Delta (photo) / Palm Oil And Cray Fish From Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by stanluiz(m): 8:33pm On May 20, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Am from Niger Delta and u are right.
The major problem with Niger Deltan is unity, we are not United at all, ijaw don't trust itsekiri, itsekiri don't trust urhobo, and so on.
Yet some misguided element in this forum like kinematic said he want Niger Delta republic.

I laughed in Swahili cheesy grin
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by andyanders: 8:34pm On May 20, 2020
The Niger Delta indigenes are been destroyed while the northern elites are smiling to banks. Federal appointments are been given to the norths and yet, southerner's elites keep selling their birth rights to northerners. Who is to be blamed?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by codemaniacs: 8:34pm On May 20, 2020
zz
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Nairalandmonika: 8:35pm On May 20, 2020
stanluiz:
Yet some misguided element in this forum like kinematic said he want Niger Delta republic.

I laughed in Swahili cheesy grin
If we were United that Niger Delta republic will come to pass, but the greedy leaders will not allow.
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by ProT: 8:35pm On May 20, 2020
Usorohtheman:

Christianity is killing the morale of the people. They can't fight against the maltreatment.
Just imagine what the northerners would have done if they had oil and where not taken care of.
Relax, bro.
If the oil in the Niger delta were to be in the North, trust me, the real owners of Nigeria wouldn't allow the North to control the government and especially the Armed forces, as they do today.

Shell would still drill and mess up the North, if the North resisted, they would be dealt with by fellow Nigerians, whom the real owners of Nigeria would have anointed to manage their resource-farm (Nigeria).

The same way the Niger delta is dealt with by the North-controlled armed forces whenever they resist the pollution or their land, is the same way the North would have been dealt with by (say) the South-controlled armed forces, if the oil were to be in the North.

Divide and rule, bro.
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by nairaman66(m): 8:35pm On May 20, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

But when Niger Delta boys dey do gragra dey kidnap oyibo and shut down these big company operation na una still dey complain say we too worry.

Don’t mind these people! Very crafty lots! Greedy bastards and leeches that fed off another man’s sweat!

1 Like

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by codemaniacs: 8:38pm On May 20, 2020
zz
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by luluosas(m): 8:41pm On May 20, 2020
Oh my God! May God help us in the Niger Delta
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by bayelsaowei(m): 8:43pm On May 20, 2020
TheEffective:
shocked

Without sentiments, Niger delta is arguably the dumbest region in Nigeria. I have never seen a region full of potentials yet highly unwise, tactically impotent. Full with people who bear European names but archaic in thinking, strategy, and objectivity.

If you feel offended, I owe you no apologies but a request that you think of strategic ways to better your people. The same old play book of gra gra and much ado has not gotten the region anywhere.

If I go full frontal on ND, this thread will burst into flames. Flames of truth anyway.
i agree with you
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by codemaniacs: 8:46pm On May 20, 2020
zz
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Usorohtheman(m): 8:46pm On May 20, 2020
ProT:

Relax, bro.
If the oil in the Niger delta were to be in the North, trust me, the real owners of Nigeria wouldn't allow the North to control the government and especially the Armed forces, as they do today.

Shell would still drill and mess up the North, if the North resisted, they would be dealt with by fellow Nigerians, whom the real owners of Nigeria would have anointed to manage their resource-farm (Nigeria).

The same way the Niger delta is dealt with by the North-controlled armed forces whenever they resist the pollution or their land, is the same way the North would have been dealt with by (say) the South-controlled armed forces, if the oil were to be in the North.

Divide and rule, bro.

No wonder, somebody had mind to lay pipelines from Bayelsa to kaduna in the name of building a refinery.

But I bet you that the north would have benefitted more if they had oil. They are even enjoying the dividends of the oil more than the Niger deltans.

They would have resorted to using violence to get want they wanted as because their religion would have supported them unlike the major religion in niger Delta that is influencing them to be peaceful and put their hope in heaven.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by zoezoelogistics(m): 8:48pm On May 20, 2020
Everything is wrong with the whole setup.
Is there no mud engr on board? What is his job.
He and his team are supposed to know per time what is critical, what is not, which drilling fluid is being used, the depletion rate and the replenishment rate.

On the side of the the installation mgr or the company man who represents the project/site operator(talking about the IOC, they ought to know that when you are drilling, there are basic things that must be on ground, these are things you don't compromise.
1. There needs to be a PSV around with a supply of drilling fluids store in different compartments for the purpose of emergency.
2. The should be a ready supply of drilling fluid, ready to be dispatched on the next available voyage to the field ASAP in case of emergency.
This should get to the field in less then 8 hrs.
3. There is supposed to be a Vessel (either PSV/FSIV) on site for the purpose of FIFI (Fire Fighting) should it get to that.
4. There should be a tug boat to move the rig or any movable should it get to that.
5. Proper risk assessment and good work permit audit would have pointed out the risks involved when certain things are not put in place.

Well, the most important thing is the safety of the crew.
Am glad you are all safe.
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Carlmax(m): 8:51pm On May 20, 2020
pompeiimagnus:

I don't know his train of thought but I am surprised that Niger Delta leaders and people still believe in one Nigeria. Y'all are sadly divided by APC and PDP, when you should be fighting for restructuring the country to a system where you own all rights to revenue generated from resources in your region.

Sadly, there's actually no hope for a better future in that region because the world is gradually turning away from oil.

I pray everyday that Oil losses it's relevance quickly, at least to restore sanity to the ecosystem of my region... I have traveled vastly to this oil producing communities including mine and seen 1st hand what crude has done... Sincerely in some areas I don't think the land and water would naturally clean up in 100 years time... I personally stopped believing in Nigeria a long time ago.

4 Likes

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by yom2(m): 8:56pm On May 20, 2020
Ayt27:
I always pity these oil-producing states, they receive the short end of the stick.

They have been denied all dividends of having a valuable commodity, in a country where equity, justice and common sense is almost non-existent.

Drinking water, farms, rivers have all been polluted and NOBODY will demand a clean up from the oil spills, as long as their Babaringa is stuffed,

I recently watched Davido, Peruzzi and Duncan Mighty music video "Aza" and the first seven words of this comment says it best.
70% of spills are by local criminals rather than neglect by the oil companies. That's why both sides are always at loggerheads. One side demanding for compensation and the other side trying to absolve themselves. Especially after paying huge taxes to the government, settling politicians, local chiefs and area boys.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by oluwaahmed: 8:59pm On May 20, 2020
TheEffective:
shocked

Without sentiments, Niger delta is arguably the dumbest region in Nigeria. I have never seen a region full of potentials yet highly unwise, tactically impotent. Full with people who bear European names but archaic in thinking, strategy, and objectivity.

If you feel offended, I owe you no apologies but a request that you think of strategic ways to better your people. The same old play book of gra gra and much ado has not gotten the region anywhere.

If I go full frontal on ND, this thread will burst into flames. Flames of truth anyway.

Their mumu na follow come
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 20, 2020
This is one of the reasons they tell people to avoid eating fish. Aside from this, they contain high levels of mercury. All effects of industrialization.
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by moneymaniyke143(m): 9:04pm On May 20, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

the problem here is poverty, greed and stupidity

an Oil producing State shouldn't even have Fishermen as indegine... you cant see a Texas , Oklahoma or Alaska indegine/ land owning family in America or Alberta, Saskatchewan, province indigene/ residence in Canada or Abudhadi, Dubai and Sharjah Emaratis who is still a fisherman in 2020 while his state Oil is being sold for billions of dollars daily on internation crude oil markets..

Oil producing states in the world are known to house refineries , chemical producing industries, plastic and pvc factories, fertilizer plants and gas powered power plant, with plenty white collar jobs for indegenes

lets say Oil is found in my very own Ibadan, nobody.. I repeat no fucking body would have the balls to come into Oyo state to come and explore our Oil.. we go don harvest their heads use them for sacrifice... buying barren land without Oil sef, Omo Onile would extort you till there satisfied before you can start any foundation not to talk of Oil Rig....keep dat your gutter trap quite....you do yourbas always thinks your aggressive.....look at a brown roof under developed state like oyo state is talking
Nonsense.....shift joor yorubas an mouth...d bad government is affecting the whole Nigeria ur here claim superior region....
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Leo81(m): 9:07pm On May 20, 2020
The Niger deltans are the most useless set of being on planet earth, though I am from the region, anyways.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by oluwaahmed: 9:07pm On May 20, 2020
Usorohtheman:

No wonder, somebody had mind to lay pipelines from Bayelsa to kaduna in the name of building a refinery.

But I bet you that the north would have benefitted more if they had oil. They are even enjoying the dividends of the oil more than the Niger deltans.

They would have resorted to using violence to get want they wanted as because their religion would have supported them unlike the major religion in niger Delta that is influencing them to be peaceful and put their hope in heaven.

You are talking of old school Kaduna refinery pipe. What about dangote refinery? The Pipe was laid all the way from Bonny to Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by codemaniacs: 9:10pm On May 20, 2020
zz
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Usorohtheman(m): 9:12pm On May 20, 2020
oluwaahmed:

You are talking of old school Kaduna refinery pipe. What about dangote refinery? The Pipe was laid all the way from Bonny to Lagos.

No hope for Niger deltans. So they could not build the dangote refinery here?
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by jlomz: 9:13pm On May 20, 2020
TheEffective:
shocked

Can you kindly go Full Frontal
We can learn one or two
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Evercurious(f): 9:14pm On May 20, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

the problem here is poverty, greed and stupidity

an Oil producing State shouldn't even have Fishermen as indegine... you cant see a Texas , Oklahoma or Alaska indegine/ land owning family in America or Alberta, Saskatchewan, province indigene/ residence in Canada or Abudhadi, Dubai and Sharjah Emaratis who is still a fisherman in 2020 while his state Oil is being sold for billions of dollars daily on internation crude oil markets..

Oil producing states in the world are known to house refineries , chemical producing industries, plastic and pvc factories, fertilizer plants and gas powered power plant, with plenty white collar jobs for indegenes

lets say Oil is found in my very own Ibadan, nobody.. I repeat no fucking body would have the balls to come into Oyo state to come and explore our Oil.. we go don harvest their heads use them for sacrifice... buying barren land without Oil sef, Omo Onile would extort you till there satisfied before you can start any foundation not to talk of Oil Rig

Thanks for being truthful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 20, 2020
This oil firm are poised to destroy the Niger delta, they have contaminated the aquatic life beyond human consumption. They won't develop but destroy
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Vivian16: 9:17pm On May 20, 2020
codemaniacs:

Because you're blaming Nigeria, not the indigenes of the place that the oil comes from. Someone who is not from the Ijaw ethnic nation will never invest or put their resources into the nation. Only an Ijaw person can develop those Ijaw oil producing areas..

the FG gives them funds, let them use the funds for infrastructural development, suing companies that mess up their environment.

Most of them ( the ones benefiting from amnesty) get paid at least ₦80,000 per month, get free laptops, get scholarships, study in foreign universities. don't let the infrastructural decay deceive you. the moment the salary doesn't enter they start protesting and hold meetings e.t.c..
while the children of the northern elites working at NNPC Abuja are being paid huge millions with lifetime entitlements and you are here talking about 80,,000 and laptop mtchew

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Evercurious(f): 9:20pm On May 20, 2020
EdiskyHarry:
This is what we are facing in Niger delta, but some fools will come here to vomit rubbish against a place that Is feeding their entire generation since nigeria was created . I pray that the leaders of Niger delta will have sense one day. We need only leaders like wike in Niger delta.

Thank you. And someone ll come here blaming Wine for his actions. ND region really needs more people like Wike

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by Exc2000: 9:23pm On May 20, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

But when Niger Delta boys dey do gragra dey kidnap oyibo and shut down these big company operation na una still dey complain say we too worry.

why we no go complain, when we sef they lick out of the oyel money..
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by kuruf: 9:27pm On May 20, 2020
Pls which location is this and what's the name of the company that own the rig?
amNIGERIA:
Nigeria: Oil rig and platform in avoidable fire accident.

Fresh fish from Niger Delta rivers contain crude oil, while rig is on fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEkLlayrUTE
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by erico2k2(m): 9:27pm On May 20, 2020
TheEffective:
shocked

Oga relax chey near lagos don get Oil, make we see as E go be in 25 years!
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by ProT: 9:29pm On May 20, 2020
Usorohtheman:

Look at the Middle East, the home of that religion; what has violence benefited them?

If the North had the oil, the South controlled the Armed forces, if the North resisted, the South WOULD BE USED to annihilate them, that is the simple fact.
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by kikake: 9:33pm On May 20, 2020
But are they not going home since oil no longer fetches money?

BBC says of alarming new born baby death rates in oil producing areas of Nigeria.

Unless abokii from northern Nigeria, who else in Nigeria still believes in Niger Delta crude oil as source of sustenance for Nigeria?
Re: Fresh Fish From Niger Delta Rivers Contain Crude Oil, While Rig Is On Fire (vide by codemaniacs: 9:37pm On May 20, 2020
zz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dogs Transported For Slaughter In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) / 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die / The World’s Most Expensive Wedding Cake Was Made In Dubai(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.