Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect (26374 Views)

Deceased Stowaway Discovered On KLM Flight From Lagos (photo) / FG Bars Air France, Lufthansa, KLM, Others / Hailstones Shattered Chinese Airlines Airbus A380 Aircraft's Windscreen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by pacificom: 8:34am On May 21, 2020
kingreign:

angry

I prefer Boeing to airbus

Flying with Airbus will take you beyond your flight simulation and the experience of its first class is quite incredible.

1 Like

Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Hezmatosky: 8:35am On May 21, 2020
Babatunde40:
I ave never entered an Airbus. But I have entered boeing and those smaller propeller engines planes. If you have entered an Airbus, let me know how it's like
Boeing is like smaller Siena bus, you can not wind down the glass, but Airbus is like bigger Siena bus, you can wind down the glasses. Boeing no dey carry AC, but Airbus AC thight. Boeing gear is manual, but Airbus is automatic. Boeing has air hostess, but Airbus has conductor.

1 Like

Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by onatisi(m): 8:37am On May 21, 2020
J111333:
If and after Emirates Airlines terminate their own fleet of A380, that will be the end of the beautiful giant bird.

Just like the Concord, the world will surely miss A380. cry
i wont be surprised if many African airlines or countries starts buying them from france
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 8:39am On May 21, 2020
TUANKU:

For example Qatar has plans to fly the A380 long after that mostly for Hajj and other special hauls which is why they have a in-house team of technicians trained for that purpose.
Dude stop waking what’s dead the A380 is gone. Na funeral remain

Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by ITbomb(m): 8:44am On May 21, 2020
It should be reserved for seasonal travels like the Hajj, pilgrimage and other events like carnivals or Expo.
It's not good for commercial flights
Limited airports to land it
Difficulty to fill the cabin up to 70% passengers
Fuel guzzler
Out of reach for developing countries with limited runways and passengers
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Respect55(m): 8:47am On May 21, 2020
Nigerian government will indirectly beg for those planes.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Fragility6: 8:51am On May 21, 2020
gurunlocker:
Hope they won't refurbish and send it to the 3rd world or developing countries?
Hope?Nigeria go don order am down for use probably 2030 wen dem dem wan open dier dream Nigeria airline.Joke of a country.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by lastempero: 8:52am On May 21, 2020
Babatunde40:
I ave never entered an Airbus. But I have entered boeing and those smaller propeller engines planes. If you have entered an Airbus, let me know how it's like

It looks like a big bus in the air, etihad get am plenty a d klm too.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 8:54am On May 21, 2020
gurunlocker:
Hope they won't refurbish and send it to the 3rd world or developing countries?
those planes are new so refurbishment is not the issue here. A380 was launched in 2005, 15 years ago that is very very new as long as aircrafts are concerned. The average age of the A380s you see around is below 10 years.

They are not retiring them due to faults or age they are being retired due to cost.

Now tell me, the giants in the industry can’t afford to maintain it na developing/ 3rd world countries that will now jump on it.

4 Likes

Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Ayemileto(m): 8:57am On May 21, 2020
Marpol:

The plane is too big to be commercially viable! Where will you see 800 people to put on the plane? Airlines prefer the A350 that takes around 350 people.

Emirates do fill it up in their flight between Dubai and Oman.

Also between Dubai and UK. That's why they have over 100 of that plane.

Also, the passenger limit is around 500 - 600 for most airlines due to 3 seating configuration and some other features (like the onboard bar and shower in the Emirates own).

The 800 passengers stuff is only for an all economy seating arrangement, not a 3 seating configuration of first class, business class and economy.

5 Likes

Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by junketer(m): 8:58am On May 21, 2020
Airbus lost out on this A380 project. It was the perfect plane but built in the wrong time. It was built to compete with the 747. Now the 787 and A350 have longer range than the A380 and less economical to operate. The plane is just not economically viable at the moment.

2 Likes

Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Ayemileto(m): 9:06am On May 21, 2020
kokaneprodigy:
the bird is retiring even Airbus it’s manufacturer has announced its retirement. The few airlines still flying it will stop latest 2022. Airbus has promised to support them with parts and technical support till then. You can google it.

Emirates their biggest customer announced this as far back as last year December .

No.

The last delivery will take place in 2022.

After which Airbus wouldn't build another one again.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by dingbang(m): 9:06am On May 21, 2020
We wey dey enter okada back to back, this news no concern us grin
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 9:11am On May 21, 2020
Ayemileto:

No.

The last delivery will take place in 2022.

After which Airbus wouldn't build another one again.
there are 9 deliveries left and the last will be due in 2021.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Ayemileto(m): 9:15am On May 21, 2020
kokaneprodigy:
there are 9 deliveries left and the last will be due in 2021.

Ok. I will recheck the date.

But my point is in response to your statement that the few airlines flying it will stop latest 2022.

Even if the last delivery is in 2021, the plane won't stop flying in 2022. It will still fly for years after that.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Kfed4ril(m): 9:23am On May 21, 2020
CaptainStephen:
A lot of airlines are having a rethink about the Airbus A380 as this new world order finally got them finding ways to reduce cost of flying.

Boeing 777 series seem to be the darlings now.
Pls elaborate more.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 9:23am On May 21, 2020
Ayemileto:

Ok. I will recheck the date.

But my point is in response to your statement that the few airlines flying it will stop latest 2022.

Even if the last delivery is in 2021, the plane won't stop flying in 2022. It will still fly for years after that.
You are right it’s easier for those with less than 10 to retire them faster than those with over 100 for example Emirates. Emirates has decided to retire about 40 and scrap them for parts that will be used to maintain the the rest. They plan on using this strategy till they gradually phase them out.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by thundafire: 9:31am On May 21, 2020
Ishilove:

Ehen. Let them continue tweaking and tweaking until the planes start hitting the ground at 800km/hr.
I know Africa countries will go and buy it
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Oracle20: 9:33am On May 21, 2020
I see Ibom air scrambling to get these planes to Nigeria. Mind you, they're not disposing them as scraps. They're only selling them to other end users. Nigeria is a likely spot.

I love KLM. Their service is top notch and to land in Amsterdam anytime I fly is always sweet. Amsterdam is a beauty. Schipol international is a place to be.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 9:34am On May 21, 2020
Oracle20:
I see Ibom air scrambling to get these planes to Nigeria. Mind you, they're not disposing them as scraps. They're only selling them to other end users. Nigeria is a likely spot.

I love KLM. Their service is top notch and to land in Amsterdam anytime I fly is always sweet. Amsterdam is a beauty. Schipol international is a place to be.
they are disposing them as scraps.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Ayemileto(m): 9:35am On May 21, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

You are right it’s easier for those with less than 10 to retire them faster than those with over 100 for example Emirates. Emirates has decided to retire about 40 and scrap them for parts that will be used to maintain the the rest. They plan on using this strategy till they gradually phase them out.

Yes, exactly.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by freenature: 9:49am On May 21, 2020
Babatunde40:

boeing aircrafts are bigger in width and offer better technology on the inside. e.g boeing planes have internet connectivity on the inside and a fantastic entertainment system. You can even subscribe to different internet package depending on the airline you are using.

1 Like

Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by kingreign(m): 9:50am On May 21, 2020
maxiuc:
have you flown both Aircrafts

Airbus is more better than beoing

Dreamliner is no match to A320

Onboard Airbus there's less noise but in boeing you feel every throttle and noise

I'm sure you're kidding or you know next to nothing about aviation. I know prolly you've not even been in any modern airbus or Boeing. But I'd ignore you cos you just want to trend.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by kingreign(m): 9:52am On May 21, 2020
pacificom:

Flying with Airbus will take you beyond your flight simulation and the experience of its first class is quite incredible.
Every airline can be made to understand go a programme called 'customization'.
Let's leave it this way. I won't wanna go long into it.

1 Like

Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by maxiuc(m): 9:54am On May 21, 2020
kingreign:

I'm sure you're kidding or you know next to nothing about aviation. But I'd ignore you cos you just want to trend.
oga I have been in both Aircraft for a 9hrs flight so I know what I am talking about,

1 Like

Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by PigTormentor: 9:55am On May 21, 2020
What? One of the best planes that I ever flew on. Glad I had the opportunity to fly on one .sure Emirates will still keep theirs in operation.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by PigTormentor: 9:59am On May 21, 2020
Flew on the A380 from JFK to Paris with a seat at the top level. Also flew on A380 from Dubai to London and back to London. Beautiful Big birds.

1 Like

Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by kingreign(m): 10:02am On May 21, 2020
maxiuc:
oga I have been in both Aircraft for a 9hrs flight so I know what I am talking about,

So one aircraft is enough to justify your alleged false claims?
Lol
Dreamliner not better than A320 Kai.
Imagine the fuckery.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by uzoma213(m): 10:05am On May 21, 2020
J111333:
If and after Emirates Airlines terminate their own fleet of A380, that will be the end of the beautiful giant bird.

Just like the Concord, the world will surely miss A380. cry
it would be hard for that to happen because the a380 makes up most of their fleet. They even have orders that are yet to be delivered grin
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Solatium(m): 10:10am On May 21, 2020
Demmtek:
One Nigeria agent will go bid for that old cargo now forgetting how old it is.

A380 is old?
You sure say you know wetin Dem dey talk about

2 Likes

Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by kingreign(m): 10:18am On May 21, 2020
Solatium:

A380 is old?
You sure say you know wetin Dem dey talk about

No mind them bro, alot of them are ignorant and just wanted to trend.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs / Abia Airport: Ground Breaking Ceremony To Hold Next Month / Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.